Tournament Questions and Tips for Fans (World Tour Finals info needed) - Page 2 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 07-10-2006, 05:48 PM   #16
country flag SaFed2005

SaFed2005 has a reputation beyond reputeSaFed2005 has a reputation beyond reputeSaFed2005 has a reputation beyond reputeSaFed2005 has a reputation beyond reputeSaFed2005 has a reputation beyond reputeSaFed2005 has a reputation beyond reputeSaFed2005 has a reputation beyond reputeSaFed2005 has a reputation beyond reputeSaFed2005 has a reputation beyond reputeSaFed2005 has a reputation beyond reputeSaFed2005 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Getting tickets for the US Open on site

thanks
SaFed2005 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-10-2006, 05:53 PM   #17
country flag R.Federer

R.Federer has a reputation beyond reputeR.Federer has a reputation beyond reputeR.Federer has a reputation beyond reputeR.Federer has a reputation beyond reputeR.Federer has a reputation beyond reputeR.Federer has a reputation beyond reputeR.Federer has a reputation beyond reputeR.Federer has a reputation beyond reputeR.Federer has a reputation beyond reputeR.Federer has a reputation beyond reputeR.Federer has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaFed2005
I was actually wondering around how much the finals tickets would/should cost? I found a few on ebay around a 100 bucks but is that overpaying?
I paid $100 for seats in the bleachers for men's semifinals, 2003, 2004 and 2005 (ticket price remained $100 each of those years)
Even the worst seat for the final was no less than $150

BTW-- there is no reason to go through ebay, since they seem to be offering the same price as the official ticket sellers, and the official ticket sellers are bonafide genuine and you won't have to worry
R.Federer is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2006, 09:45 PM   #18
country flag soeren

soeren has a reputation beyond reputesoeren has a reputation beyond reputesoeren has a reputation beyond reputesoeren has a reputation beyond reputesoeren has a reputation beyond reputesoeren has a reputation beyond reputesoeren has a reputation beyond reputesoeren has a reputation beyond reputesoeren has a reputation beyond reputesoeren has a reputation beyond reputesoeren has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks R.Federer for your reply!

So I guess I will see a few games!
soeren is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2006, 09:52 PM   #19
country flag NicoFan

NicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond repute

I never understand why people just want to go for the final.

Its sooo much better going the first week - and yes, its easy to get grounds passes for those days. You see everyone! Playing, practicing.

I always go from the first Monday to the second Monday, and its the best 8 days of my life. Plus I will go the previous week for qualifying, and definitely the Saturday and Sunday before because you see all the guys practicing - great time to get pictures.
NicoFan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 01:57 AM   #20
country flag SaFed2005

SaFed2005 has a reputation beyond reputeSaFed2005 has a reputation beyond reputeSaFed2005 has a reputation beyond reputeSaFed2005 has a reputation beyond reputeSaFed2005 has a reputation beyond reputeSaFed2005 has a reputation beyond reputeSaFed2005 has a reputation beyond reputeSaFed2005 has a reputation beyond reputeSaFed2005 has a reputation beyond reputeSaFed2005 has a reputation beyond reputeSaFed2005 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by NicoFan
I never understand why people just want to go for the final.

Its sooo much better going the first week - and yes, its easy to get grounds passes for those days. You see everyone! Playing, practicing.

I always go from the first Monday to the second Monday, and its the best 8 days of my life. Plus I will go the previous week for qualifying, and definitely the Saturday and Sunday before because you see all the guys practicing - great time to get pictures.
No I don't just want to go for the finals.. I have always gone in the early stages but I've never went there for a final before. I live a 20 minutes walk from the stadium... I even go to watch the qualifiers... hey they;re free and there are some good upcoming players there at times... for example murray was there last year...
SaFed2005 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 03:38 AM   #21
country flag Fee

Fee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond repute

DO NOT wait to buy tickets on site on the first Monday. If you know you are going, buy them and print them online on Sunday night. The ticket line on Monday last summer was over 2 hours long.

@dougrobson - Whoever is supplying Mahut with hair gel needs to ink a sponsorship deal now.

@Wimbledon - FYI, with @Wimbledon live scoring devices, please add 50 to the games in the fifth set of the Isner v Mahut match.

@HolterMedia - Nice to see that a three-day test has come to tennis here @wimbledon.

Andy wearring Crocs, courtesy of Smitty8
Fee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2006, 11:57 PM   #22
RachBabe17

RachBabe17 has a reputation beyond reputeRachBabe17 has a reputation beyond reputeRachBabe17 has a reputation beyond reputeRachBabe17 has a reputation beyond reputeRachBabe17 has a reputation beyond reputeRachBabe17 has a reputation beyond reputeRachBabe17 has a reputation beyond reputeRachBabe17 has a reputation beyond reputeRachBabe17 has a reputation beyond reputeRachBabe17 has a reputation beyond reputeRachBabe17 has a reputation beyond repute
Default US Open Tickets

So I'm living in NYC for the first time during the US Open so naturally I'm hoping to go for a day. Most likely I would be going to one of the first three days. My question is do I need to buy advance tickets or is it possible to go that morning and get a ground pass?
RachBabe17 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2006, 12:03 AM   #23
country flag NicoFan

NicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: US Open Tickets

For the first week you'll have no problems just walking up to the ticket window and getting a grounds pass (you'll be able to get into all courts except AA).

Have a great time!

Its the most wonderful time of the year.
Old 08-20-2006, 12:06 AM   #24
country flag NicoFan

Also since you live in NYC, you should consider going the first weekend before actual play starts - AA Kids Day (Saturday) and Practice Day (Sunday). They are free, and you'll get to see the guys all practicing. They are actually my favorite days - well, AA Kids Days is a pain until the kids go into AA in the afternoon , but once they are in AA, its wonderful watching the guys practice on the outer courts.
Old 08-20-2006, 12:19 AM   #25
country flag IDJ49

IDJ49 has a reputation beyond reputeIDJ49 has a reputation beyond reputeIDJ49 has a reputation beyond reputeIDJ49 has a reputation beyond reputeIDJ49 has a reputation beyond reputeIDJ49 has a reputation beyond reputeIDJ49 has a reputation beyond reputeIDJ49 has a reputation beyond reputeIDJ49 has a reputation beyond reputeIDJ49 has a reputation beyond reputeIDJ49 has a reputation beyond repute

You can actually start going on Tuesday the 22nd for free to watch the players practice and to watch qualifying matches.
IDJ49 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2006, 12:21 AM   #26
country flag NicoFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDJ49
You can actually start going on Tuesday the 22nd for free to watch the players practice and to watch qualifying matches.
True.

And with less people (and subsequently headaches ) than on Saturday and Sunday.

I think Thursday and Friday would be the best days. Most of the guys will have arrived and are practicing by then. Plus the qualifying matches too.
Old 05-31-2007, 06:41 PM   #27
country flag Tzar

Tzar has a reputation beyond reputeTzar has a reputation beyond reputeTzar has a reputation beyond reputeTzar has a reputation beyond reputeTzar has a reputation beyond reputeTzar has a reputation beyond reputeTzar has a reputation beyond reputeTzar has a reputation beyond reputeTzar has a reputation beyond reputeTzar has a reputation beyond reputeTzar has a reputation beyond repute
Default Help Please

Hotel 3 or 4 stars near in manhattan or time squares between 200 and 300 dollas!!!

because im going to the US OPEN!

TennisTipping - 2011 COMEBACK.
Doubles: 15.
W: Los Angeles 09', Kuala Lumpur 09', Basel 09', Houston 10', Memphis 11', Belgrade 11'
Tzar is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2007, 06:42 PM   #28
country flag El Legenda
Not a Registered User

El Legenda has a reputation beyond reputeEl Legenda has a reputation beyond reputeEl Legenda has a reputation beyond reputeEl Legenda has a reputation beyond reputeEl Legenda has a reputation beyond reputeEl Legenda has a reputation beyond reputeEl Legenda has a reputation beyond reputeEl Legenda has a reputation beyond reputeEl Legenda has a reputation beyond reputeEl Legenda has a reputation beyond reputeEl Legenda has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Help Please

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeronimo View Post
Hotel 3 or 4 stars near in manhattan or time squares between 200 and 300 dollas!!!

because im going to the US OPEN!
good luck

http://www.hotels.com/processSearch....child%5B0%5D=0
Old 05-31-2007, 06:47 PM   #29
country flag Tzar

Tzar has a reputation beyond reputeTzar has a reputation beyond reputeTzar has a reputation beyond reputeTzar has a reputation beyond reputeTzar has a reputation beyond reputeTzar has a reputation beyond reputeTzar has a reputation beyond reputeTzar has a reputation beyond reputeTzar has a reputation beyond reputeTzar has a reputation beyond reputeTzar has a reputation beyond repute

i found this broadway hotel

all hotels are really expensive, and i cant afford more than 300 dollars per night because ill be there 15 days

TennisTipping - 2011 COMEBACK.
Doubles: 15.
W: Los Angeles 09', Kuala Lumpur 09', Basel 09', Houston 10', Memphis 11', Belgrade 11'
Tzar is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2007, 06:49 PM   #30
country flag El Legenda
Not a Registered User

El Legenda has a reputation beyond reputeEl Legenda has a reputation beyond reputeEl Legenda has a reputation beyond reputeEl Legenda has a reputation beyond reputeEl Legenda has a reputation beyond reputeEl Legenda has a reputation beyond reputeEl Legenda has a reputation beyond reputeEl Legenda has a reputation beyond reputeEl Legenda has a reputation beyond reputeEl Legenda has a reputation beyond reputeEl Legenda has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.hotels.com/processSearch....=4&COYear=2007