Tournament Questions and Tips for Fans (World Tour Finals info needed) - Page 15 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 05-20-2012, 05:38 AM   #211
country flag duchuy89

duchuy89 has a reputation beyond reputeduchuy89 has a reputation beyond reputeduchuy89 has a reputation beyond reputeduchuy89 has a reputation beyond reputeduchuy89 has a reputation beyond reputeduchuy89 has a reputation beyond reputeduchuy89 has a reputation beyond reputeduchuy89 has a reputation beyond reputeduchuy89 has a reputation beyond reputeduchuy89 has a reputation beyond reputeduchuy89 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: wimbledon 2012 help needed

I love Wimbledon.
Good luck for you.
Advertisement

Old 05-20-2012, 06:35 AM   #212
country flag abollo
Tennis Player

abollo has a reputation beyond reputeabollo has a reputation beyond reputeabollo has a reputation beyond reputeabollo has a reputation beyond reputeabollo has a reputation beyond reputeabollo has a reputation beyond reputeabollo has a reputation beyond reputeabollo has a reputation beyond reputeabollo has a reputation beyond reputeabollo has a reputation beyond reputeabollo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Tournament Questions and Tips for Fans (Wimbledon info needed)

In RG a person can only have tickets for max. 2 days only in the center court? Is that true?
Old 05-20-2012, 01:35 PM   #213
country flag Sinerra

Sinerra has a reputation beyond reputeSinerra has a reputation beyond reputeSinerra has a reputation beyond reputeSinerra has a reputation beyond reputeSinerra has a reputation beyond reputeSinerra has a reputation beyond reputeSinerra has a reputation beyond reputeSinerra has a reputation beyond reputeSinerra has a reputation beyond reputeSinerra has a reputation beyond reputeSinerra has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: wimbledon 2012 help needed

Quote:
Originally Posted by maskedmuffin View Post
hi folks:

perhaps mods can assist which is the best place to place this thread, but i may be in london during that second week of wimbledon and am curious how the "queue" operates?

Since there is no play middle sunday (weather permitting), how early would i need to camp out to have a chance at the centre court tix? I believe there are 500 of those, and 6k grounds pass.

The only link i could find was this one from 2001

Greatly appreciate the feedback from folks who have done this in the recent past.
I went to Wimbledon last year and queued for ground passes in the first week. The first three days of the tournament we got to the queue at 7.40 AM. There were already about 2000 people there queuing for ground passes. Half an hour later there were about 4000 people there. At 8 AM there were about 20 people in the queue for center court tickets for the next day. Around 9 AM there were about 50 people there for center court tickets. But that was the first week of the tournament. Since the matches are better the second week, I think there will be a lot more people. Also, when the weather predictions are good, there will be a lot more people! Last year the weather on the second day was really good. Getting to the queue at the same time as the other two days, there were about 2000 people more! (there's a number on your queue card, that's where I get the numbers from).
I havent queued for center court or for tickets for the second week, but I hope this info will help you a bit anyway. Or maybe other people

Quote:
Originally Posted by abollo
In RG a person can only have tickets for max. 2 days only in the center court? Is that true?
I went to RG in 2006. Back then you could only apply for tickets for a maximum of two days. I went there with my mom 3 days, so I applied for 2 days on my name and 1 day on my mothers name. Eventually we got tickets for only one day (first day). But they were center court tickets!
The first day of the tournament we bought tickets at the register at the tournament for the next two days. For the second day there were only ground passes available, for the third day we got Suzanne Lenglen tickets. But it should be on the RG website for how many days you can buy tickets. But in 2006 you could only buy for 2 days.
If you want groundpasses or SL court tickets you can buy them there. It nothing like queueing at Wimbledon. We got there at 8.30 AM (gates open at 10) and there were only about 50 people waiting. But then again, this was 2006
Sinerra is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 05:33 AM   #214
country flag maskedmuffin

maskedmuffin has a reputation beyond reputemaskedmuffin has a reputation beyond reputemaskedmuffin has a reputation beyond reputemaskedmuffin has a reputation beyond reputemaskedmuffin has a reputation beyond reputemaskedmuffin has a reputation beyond reputemaskedmuffin has a reputation beyond reputemaskedmuffin has a reputation beyond reputemaskedmuffin has a reputation beyond reputemaskedmuffin has a reputation beyond reputemaskedmuffin has a reputation beyond repute

thanks for the advice Sinerra. It appears that one has to queue up saturday night for the 2nd monday tix to have realistic center court chance!!!

wow. good to know.
maskedmuffin is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 08:29 AM   #215
country flag FedererGrandSlam

FedererGrandSlam has a reputation beyond reputeFedererGrandSlam has a reputation beyond reputeFedererGrandSlam has a reputation beyond reputeFedererGrandSlam has a reputation beyond reputeFedererGrandSlam has a reputation beyond reputeFedererGrandSlam has a reputation beyond reputeFedererGrandSlam has a reputation beyond reputeFedererGrandSlam has a reputation beyond reputeFedererGrandSlam has a reputation beyond reputeFedererGrandSlam has a reputation beyond reputeFedererGrandSlam has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by maskedmuffin View Post
thanks for the advice Sinerra. It appears that one has to queue up saturday night for the 2nd monday tix to have realistic center court chance!!!

wow. good to know.
Personally, I wouldn't go through the trouble unless you really want to see Murray, Federer and/or Nadal.
The second Monday has all 16 4th round matches so you will do just as well with a Court No.2 ticket which you will probably get by just queueing overnight.

Even a Ground ticket is great value as it will give you access to Courts 3, 12 and 18 where Singles matches will be scheduled - see here: http://2011.wimbledon.com/en_GB/scor...chedule15.html
FedererGrandSlam is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 03:34 PM   #216
country flag nenfil
Banned!

nenfil has a reputation beyond reputenenfil has a reputation beyond reputenenfil has a reputation beyond reputenenfil has a reputation beyond reputenenfil has a reputation beyond reputenenfil has a reputation beyond reputenenfil has a reputation beyond reputenenfil has a reputation beyond reputenenfil has a reputation beyond reputenenfil has a reputation beyond reputenenfil has a reputation beyond repute
Default Questions about Citi Open (washington dc)

I created a thread in Citi Open but It was deleted so I guess tT wasn't right place for that.

I'm in PItssburgh, PA, atm. I couple hours I will head to Washington for two or three days. I was planning to see Citi Open for one day but as I'd rather wait for order of play release before purchasing a ticket I wanted to ask If anyone by any chance know If I can buy a ticket in the day of competition with cash? On what time ticket offices are open?

Also it says that sessions starts on 4 pm on Monday. What does it mean? That there are no matches held on centre court before 4 pm? what about other courts? I'm suprise because Its usully 11 am or noon.
nenfil is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 03:36 PM   #217
country flag Deathless Mortal
♤23♤

Deathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Questions about Citi Open (washington dc)

It wasn't deleted, it was moved here: http://www.menstennisforums.com/show...6#post12262926
A moderator already answered your questions.

"a kad me opet gore vrati zahvalit' ću Mu prvo
što nam je dao komad zemlje što je za sebe sačuv'o"
Deathless Mortal is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 07:56 PM   #218
country flag sweetkit

sweetkit has a reputation beyond reputesweetkit has a reputation beyond reputesweetkit has a reputation beyond reputesweetkit has a reputation beyond reputesweetkit has a reputation beyond reputesweetkit has a reputation beyond reputesweetkit has a reputation beyond reputesweetkit has a reputation beyond reputesweetkit has a reputation beyond reputesweetkit has a reputation beyond reputesweetkit has a reputation beyond repute
Default Attending Roland Garros: tips needed!

Hi!
I'm going to Roland Garros for the first time and would really appreciate if you could help me out with some questions I have.
Some questions are regarding attending a tennis tournament in general. I found a thread on the matter, but it seems to be quite outdated, so excuse me for starting a new one.
Most importanly, I'd like to hear from someone who's been to RG in recent years.

1) Would it be ok to have a Chatrier court tickets purchased up until the OOP for the following day is released, and based on the OOP to go or to sell the tickets through viagogo.fr? Could the tickets be sold in such a short term? I sense, they could, and they will, but... I don't know. If you've ever used that ticket exchange website, please do tell from your experience.

2) What if my fave plays on Lenglen (and I don't have tickets for that court), would it be possible to find something on the same viagogo?

3) Cont. of 2) Would it be possible to buy (or exchange Chatrier to Lenglen) tickets right there "from hands" (at the second-hand market)? I realise that's not legal, but maybe works? How serious are they about checking IDs at the entrance?

4) If you have some useful tips, in general, about attending Roland Garros please do share. Such as where to buy better food or what outside courts are more comfy to go to, or just anything you feel may be useful.

5) How do you stalk your favourite players at such events? I mean, me and my friend just must see Federer close. I suspect that might be possible during a practice session. How do you know when and where it may be? Do those practices happen on the outside courts?

Hope there will be some answers, and that the information in this thread will be helpful not only for me, newbie, but also for the others who are going to Paris this May.
sweetkit is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 06:45 AM   #219
country flag Mountaindewslave

Mountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Attending Roland Garros: tips needed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetkit View Post
Hi!
I'm going to Roland Garros for the first time and would really appreciate if you could help me out with some questions I have.
Some questions are regarding attending a tennis tournament in general. I found a thread on the matter, but it seems to be quite outdated, so excuse me for starting a new one.
Most importanly, I'd like to hear from someone who's been to RG in recent years.

1) Would it be ok to have a Chatrier court tickets purchased up until the OOP for the following day is released, and based on the OOP to go or to sell the tickets through viagogo.fr? Could the tickets be sold in such a short term? I sense, they could, and they will, but... I don't know. If you've ever used that ticket exchange website, please do tell from your experience.

2) What if my fave plays on Lenglen (and I don't have tickets for that court), would it be possible to find something on the same viagogo?

3) Cont. of 2) Would it be possible to buy (or exchange Chatrier to Lenglen) tickets right there "from hands" (at the second-hand market)? I realise that's not legal, but maybe works? How serious are they about checking IDs at the entrance?

4) If you have some useful tips, in general, about attending Roland Garros please do share. Such as where to buy better food or what outside courts are more comfy to go to, or just anything you feel may be useful.

5) How do you stalk your favourite players at such events? I mean, me and my friend just must see Federer close. I suspect that might be possible during a practice session. How do you know when and where it may be? Do those practices happen on the outside courts?

Hope there will be some answers, and that the information in this thread will be helpful not only for me, newbie, but also for the others who are going to Paris this May.
a lot of your ticket questions are hard to answer and some frankly better investigated by actually emailing and asking the employees at THE ticket sites who are probably fairly used to these things, in fact they probably have a FAQ (frequently asked questions)

as far as seeing Roger close up! yes they do generally have it publicly listed when big players are practicing and there is often a big audience (you'll be able to find this information easily when there) BUT a warning tons of people show up to watch so you'd have to get there very early

------------------------ <3 Richard Gasquet <3

Rafael Nadal
Mountaindewslave is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 11:06 AM   #220
country flag Chirag
Federer fan forever

Chirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Tournament Questions and Tips for Fans (Roland Garros info needed)

Any tips for the US Open ? Like where to buy food and which seats are the best to buy
Chirag is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 03:59 PM   #221
country flag Mr. President

Mr. President has a reputation beyond reputeMr. President has a reputation beyond reputeMr. President has a reputation beyond reputeMr. President has a reputation beyond reputeMr. President has a reputation beyond reputeMr. President has a reputation beyond reputeMr. President has a reputation beyond reputeMr. President has a reputation beyond reputeMr. President has a reputation beyond reputeMr. President has a reputation beyond reputeMr. President has a reputation beyond repute
Default Swiss Indoors Basel query

Hey everyone

I will be in France this year for exchange and given that both my favourite players are playing Basel, it is a must watch tournament for me. Having never watched an ATP Tour match live before I had a few queries and was hoping you guys could help me out:

1) How long before the tournament starts should I book the tickets (the cheapest ones) to avoid disappointment? I will be reaching europe in september and thus will it be wise to buy a ticket then?

2) Why are the tickets for the last three days of the tournament not shown on the site? Are he tickets for the finals weekend generally sold later?

3) What if I buy a ticket now but don't want to go later? Can it be sold/traded somewhere?

Sorry for the very basic questions but I have absolutely no clue about this hence was forced to ask it here.Help will be greatly appreciated
Mr. President is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 04:03 PM   #222
country flag motorhead
Banned!

motorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Swiss Indoors Basel query

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrigank View Post
3)can it be sold/traded somewhere?
of course you can....

thread belongs in the off-topic section though.
motorhead is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 04:07 PM   #223
country flag florentine

florentine has a reputation beyond reputeflorentine has a reputation beyond reputeflorentine has a reputation beyond reputeflorentine has a reputation beyond reputeflorentine has a reputation beyond reputeflorentine has a reputation beyond reputeflorentine has a reputation beyond reputeflorentine has a reputation beyond reputeflorentine has a reputation beyond reputeflorentine has a reputation beyond reputeflorentine has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Swiss Indoors Basel query

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrigank View Post

2) Why are the tickets for the last three days of the tournament not shown on the site? Are he tickets for the finals weekend generally sold later?

)
Because they were all sold out on Monday,the 22nd within a quarter of an hour..
florentine is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 10:16 AM   #224
country flag tennisprince

tennisprince has a reputation beyond reputetennisprince has a reputation beyond reputetennisprince has a reputation beyond reputetennisprince has a reputation beyond reputetennisprince has a reputation beyond reputetennisprince has a reputation beyond reputetennisprince has a reputation beyond reputetennisprince has a reputation beyond reputetennisprince has a reputation beyond reputetennisprince has a reputation beyond reputetennisprince has a reputation beyond repute
Default For people who have been to Wimbledon or going this year?

Im going for the first time and Im super excited. What is the general rule, how quickly do you have to be there to queue for tickets? what are the chances of not getting a ticket. Also do people really camp there or can you not collect your ticket number and come back?

Please tell me folks And also waht was your experiences like, im fairly new here.
tennisprince is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 10:22 AM   #225
country flag Ash86

Ash86 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh86 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh86 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh86 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh86 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh86 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh86 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh86 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh86 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh86 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh86 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: For people who have been to Wimbledon or going this year?

You need to be in the queue around 7 am for ground passes in the first week. For Centre/Court 1 people usually camp overnight. You can't leave the queue once you're there so no possibility of taking a ticket and coming back later. It's not as painful as it sounds though -- if the weather's good the atmosphere's usually fun with people enjoying themselves while waiting.

I've gotten ground passes in the past and think that's a better move in the first week - lots of great matches on the outer courts, you can watch the matches on centre on the big screen on henman hill and later in the evening there are always returns as people leave centre/court 1 so you can get tickets for £5/£10 to watch the later matches.
Ash86 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote