In The Spotlight: buddyholly - Page 9 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 03-18-2012, 04:42 PM   #121
country flag tripwires

tripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: In The Spotlight: buddyholly

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddyholly View Post
I don't have the ''face palm'' smilie or I would use it here.

If you watch the youtube video that shows the written lyrics you see that the words are really, really bad. However, a simple catchy tune and really bad lyrics can lead to a success of sorts. Bad lyrics that have to be squeezed into the tune stick in peoples' minds.
So if you listen to last year's video sensation ''Friday, Friday'' you will see that these two songs are very similar. They sound like nursery rhymes put to music. So bad they are almost good.
You can just type : facepalm : without the spaces, no?

"Why are these homies dissing my girl". Very poetic lyrics. But you're right, it's an irritatingly catchy tune and I shamefully admit that the song was stuck in my head all day and I have it in my phone. Thankfully I've never heard "Friday, Friday" and I wish to keep it that way.
Advertisement

Old 03-19-2012, 04:03 AM   #122
country flag buddyholly
RAVE ON

buddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond repute

You have to check out ''Friday'' by Rebecca Black. Nobody can speak authoritatively of popular music if they have not seen it.

If you think those lyrics funny, how about "Today is Friday, yesterday was Thursday, tomorrow is Saturday and then comes Sunday?''

Last edited by buddyholly : 03-19-2012 at 04:13 AM.
buddyholly is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 04:10 AM   #123
country flag buddyholly
RAVE ON

buddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond repute

Oh wow, it worked. I can give brief, concise responses to to abraxas now
Old 03-19-2012, 04:49 AM   #124
country flag tripwires

tripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
You have to check out ''Friday'' by Rebecca Black. Nobody can speak authoritatively of popular music if they have not seen it.

If you think those lyrics funny, how about "Today is Friday, yesterday was Thursday, tomorrow is Saturday and then comes Sunday?''

The reputation of the song precedes it and I've seen those "lyrics" somewhere before. Gotta thank Rebecca Black for pointing that out to me - I wasn't very familiar with the sequence of the days in the week.

Quote:
Oh wow, it worked. I can give brief, concise responses to to abraxas now

If you and abraxas21 were trapped in an elevator together how long do you think you'd last before you guys start going at each others' throats?
Old 03-19-2012, 05:03 AM   #125
country flag abraxas21

abraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripwires View Post
You can just type : facepalm : without the spaces, no?

"Why are these homies dissing my girl". Very poetic lyrics. But you're right, it's an irritatingly catchy tune and I shamefully admit that the song was stuck in my head all day and I have it in my phone. Thankfully I've never heard "Friday, Friday" and I wish to keep it that way.
don't listen to him

that's actually a pretty good song and the lyrics are great. as in several weezer songs, the lyrics are not to be taken seriously -which is precisely the point.
Old 03-19-2012, 06:51 AM   #126
country flag tripwires

Quote:
Originally Posted by abraxas21 View Post
don't listen to him

that's actually a pretty good song and the lyrics are great. as in several weezer songs, the lyrics are not to be taken seriously -which is precisely the point.
I think it's pretty catchy (it's still stuck in my head) but the lyrics are pretty crap in my opinion. It's also the only Weezer song I know though.
Old 03-19-2012, 04:26 PM   #127
country flag buddyholly
RAVE ON

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripwires View Post
If you and abraxas21 were trapped in an elevator together how long do you think you'd last before you guys start going at each others' throats?
I wouldn't know who it was, but I'm fairly sure that even trapped in an elevator I would not have reason to speak to the person beside me.
Old 03-19-2012, 04:38 PM   #128
country flag alfonsojose
CRY BA**

alfonsojose has a reputation beyond reputealfonsojose has a reputation beyond reputealfonsojose has a reputation beyond reputealfonsojose has a reputation beyond reputealfonsojose has a reputation beyond reputealfonsojose has a reputation beyond reputealfonsojose has a reputation beyond reputealfonsojose has a reputation beyond reputealfonsojose has a reputation beyond reputealfonsojose has a reputation beyond reputealfonsojose has a reputation beyond repute

Buddyholly

Drooling after Schuettler, Bolelli, Volandri, Starace (short haired version), ToJo, Tursunov, Alves, Davydenko, Djokovic, Petzschner, Ferrero, Simon, Qureshi
alfonsojose is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 11:44 PM   #129
country flag cobalt60
Pacific Northwest Home

cobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond repute

So do you like being retired and still enjoying Canada?
And look one of your fav folks came to post ( not me btw )
cobalt60 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 02:44 AM   #130
country flag buddyholly
RAVE ON

Quote:
Originally Posted by alfonsojose View Post
Buddyholly
Do what do I owe this? RU going to Miami next week?
Old 03-20-2012, 02:49 AM   #131
country flag buddyholly
RAVE ON

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobalt60 View Post
So do you like being retired and still enjoying Canada?
Yes, I love the weather. I go to Miami on Wed, where the forecast is for 77 degrees. The forecast for Toronto is 79!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So much for my winter break. But I will pack some warm clothing. And being gone for 10 days this thread will hopefully return to oblivion.

The prior years I enjoyed watching the ice form on Lake Ontario and then break into sheets and move with the wind. Every day a different view.
This winter there was not even enough ice for a gin and tonic.
Old 07-24-2012, 08:42 AM   #132
country flag Roger the Dodger

Roger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond repute

You are one of the posters I enjoy reading, because one; you are mostly harmless, and two; your funny avatar stares down upon us with a mix of disdain and amusement, and I love that look. My questions are:

1. What do you think about the trolls on MTF these days? How do they compare with the trolls of yore?

2. Has Joyce influenced your thinking in anyway - especially in your decision to give up the Church?

3. How much money have you made? You can answer it this way if you don't want to disclose the real amount? - pennies/stack/pile/loads/shitloads/Swissbank + massive tax evasion?

4. If you are forced to share a room with either Hitler or Stalin and you have no option to choose otherwise, whom would you rather prefer for a roommate and why?

5. Ideal vacation: winter shack at a Hawaiian beach or summer treehouse in a Peruvian mountain?
“What a fate: to be condemned to work for a firm where the slightest negligence at once gave rise to the gravest suspicion! Were all the employees nothing but a bunch of scoundrels, was there not among them one single loyal devoted man who, had he wasted only an hour or so of the firm's time in the morning, was so tormented by conscience as to be driven out of his mind and actually incapable of leaving his bed?”
- G.S; before his inevitable demise
Roger the Dodger is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 11:39 AM   #133
country flag buddyholly
RAVE ON

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger the Dodger View Post
You are one of the posters I enjoy reading, because one; you are mostly harmless, and two; your funny avatar stares down upon us with a mix of disdain and amusement, and I love that look. My questions are:

1. What do you think about the trolls on MTF these days? How do they compare with the trolls of yore?

2. Has Joyce influenced your thinking in anyway - especially in your decision to give up the Church?

3. How much money have you made? You can answer it this way if you don't want to disclose the real amount? - pennies/stack/pile/loads/shitloads/Swissbank + massive tax evasion?

4. If you are forced to share a room with either Hitler or Stalin and you have no option to choose otherwise, whom would you rather prefer for a roommate and why?

5. Ideal vacation: winter shack at a Hawaiian beach or summer treehouse in a Peruvian mountain?
I looked up trolling in Wikipedia and it is defined as posting comments that are specifically designed to yank the chains of others. I usually say what I think, without thought of who it may offend or why, so that does not appear to be trolling. And since the posters on the internet are anonymous I don't see how it is possible to distinguish between a troll and a post. I think the mods are the worst trollers, making unfounded charges against their literary superiors.

My devout atheism is all my own work and an easy conclusion. Firstly, I can not conceive of a supernatural being, so there is absolutely no point in me considering the existence of one. Secondly, since it is obvious we natural beings can not prove the existence or non-existence of a supernatural being, then there is absolutely nothing to gain by wasting time wondering if there is one. Especially since it is fairly clear that if there is a supernatural being, then it obviously created the universe and then became bored with it, and doesn't play with it anymore. It is up to us and any other intelligent life to get on with running it ourselves.

Enough to consider it impolite to talk about it.

Probably Hitler, because I am not Jewish. And if Stalin were to find out that I had a bank account that I considered belonged to me and not the Party elite..................

Neither is ideal because they don't seem to offer much to do but lie around all day. I need restaurants.

Last edited by buddyholly : 07-24-2012 at 11:51 AM.
buddyholly is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 12:39 PM   #134
country flag Gagsquet
Banned!

Gagsquet has a reputation beyond reputeGagsquet has a reputation beyond reputeGagsquet has a reputation beyond reputeGagsquet has a reputation beyond reputeGagsquet has a reputation beyond reputeGagsquet has a reputation beyond reputeGagsquet has a reputation beyond reputeGagsquet has a reputation beyond reputeGagsquet has a reputation beyond reputeGagsquet has a reputation beyond reputeGagsquet has a reputation beyond repute

How old are you?
Gagsquet is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 01:16 PM   #135
country flag buddyholly
RAVE ON

68 (physically)