Suicide Tennis - Suggestions For 2010 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 12-18-2009, 10:21 AM   #1
country flag natashha

natashha has a reputation beyond reputenatashha has a reputation beyond reputenatashha has a reputation beyond reputenatashha has a reputation beyond reputenatashha has a reputation beyond reputenatashha has a reputation beyond reputenatashha has a reputation beyond reputenatashha has a reputation beyond reputenatashha has a reputation beyond reputenatashha has a reputation beyond reputenatashha has a reputation beyond repute
Default Suicide Tennis - Suggestions For 2010

If there's something you'd like changed in the game,
this is the thread to post,
and now's the time because major changes aren't likely to happen mid-season.
Fellow Suicide Players,
feel free to leave your comments.
Advertisement

Old 12-18-2009, 11:21 AM   #2
country flag natashha

natashha has a reputation beyond reputenatashha has a reputation beyond reputenatashha has a reputation beyond reputenatashha has a reputation beyond reputenatashha has a reputation beyond reputenatashha has a reputation beyond reputenatashha has a reputation beyond reputenatashha has a reputation beyond reputenatashha has a reputation beyond reputenatashha has a reputation beyond reputenatashha has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Suicide Tennis - Suggestions For 2010

Here's my opinion on the two most discussed rules:

deadline - should stay as it is, the start of the first match. It's simpler for the managers to know the late picks and it enables complete updates once the play starts, so stats could be calculated and so.

Sunday start - I don't have a strong opinion about this, it could be tricky if lot of players forgot to pick, I guess I'll vote to keep it always Monday start

Now, about the point distribution,
it used to be http://www.menstennisforums.com/show...60&postcount=3.

The first thing:
Quote:
250 Category

Winning pick on Day 1: 5
Winning pick on Day 2: 20
Winning pick on Day 3: 33
Winning pick on Day 4: 45

Winning pick on Day 5: 90
Winning pick on Day 6: 150
Winning pick on Day 7: 250
Quote:
500 Category

Winning pick on Day 1: 5
Winning pick on Day 2: 45
Winning pick on Day 3: 68
Winning pick on Day 4: 90

Winning pick on Day 5: 180
Winning pick on Day 6: 300
Winning pick on Day 7: 500
you get 1 point less for winning on Day 4 compared to Day 3, this has to be changed.

The second thing is about Grand Slams.
Wimbledon has its own distribution cause it's shorter due to Middle Sunday, only 10 days of play.
The rest of GS were 12 days events.
For AO and RG schedule of play that's natural, but USO has 13 days of play, so it needed to be reduced and that's why all QF were made one day to make it fit. I suggest USO 2010 be 13 day event and like Wimbledon has its own point distribution. (Otherwise it's just easier to win than RG and AO cause 4 QF = 1 Day does make difference.)

Thirdly, how about giving 1 point to the players out on Day 1?
It would be a way to break ties, it wouldn't affect the rankings more that that considering only limited number of tournaments count. And it would help me a lot calculating the rankings, it would make clear how many tournaments one has played.

I'll wait for the comments of fellow Suicide players, and only after redo the distributions. (They'll change certainly because of the issue number one.)
Old 12-18-2009, 04:29 PM   #3
Ivanatis

Ivanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by natashha View Post
Thirdly, how about giving 1 point to the players out on Day 1?
It would be a way to break ties, it wouldn't affect the rankings more that that considering only limited number of tournaments count. And it would help me a lot calculating the rankings, it would make clear how many tournaments one has played.
that's the crucial point, so be it

1st match of the day should always be deadline and if there's Sunday matches, I wouldn't mind starting on Sunday, although I already know I'm gonna forget a lot of those , maybe the one who runs the event should be allowed to decide
Ivanatis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 05:32 PM   #4
country flag Tulipe

Tulipe has a reputation beyond reputeTulipe has a reputation beyond reputeTulipe has a reputation beyond reputeTulipe has a reputation beyond reputeTulipe has a reputation beyond reputeTulipe has a reputation beyond reputeTulipe has a reputation beyond reputeTulipe has a reputation beyond reputeTulipe has a reputation beyond reputeTulipe has a reputation beyond reputeTulipe has a reputation beyond repute

I'd leave the Monday start, because on Sunday, there are always just a few matches, plus it means you'd have to start the thread on Friday already, that could be a problem for some managers...
Ruben Ramirez-Hidalgo is an intruiging player. A complete nobody who near the age of 30 worked himself up to be a competitive claycourter (2006-2007), beating Ferrer at RG, leading Federer 5-1 in the final set in Masters Series tournament.

His playing style is also of interest, he is the most technically pure moonballer on the tour
miles ahead of Nadal in esthetic terms, complete with a never-failing trademark grunt. A legend.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathaliia View Post
i sit on central court in the front row, turn my head back over whole stand and the vip lounge above and see RRHs moonballs from court #2
Tulipe is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 05:53 PM   #5
country flag Puschkin

Puschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond repute

Monday start is fine!
Deadline should stay as it is!
For the point distribution, I have no particular views.

~♠ Gasquetaires ♠~

un pour tous, tous pour un
‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾
Puschkin is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 06:22 PM   #6
country flag Björki
Sitzen ist fürn Arsch

Björki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond repute

No Sunday starts
Deadline should stay

Bryans || Djokovic || Paire || Chiudinelli || Nalbandian || Hanley || Rojer || Nadal
Söderling || Verdasco || Wawrinka || Simon || O. Rochus || Leo Mayer

Björkman || Arthurs || Edberg || Rafter || T.Johansson || M.Norman || Aspelin
Björki is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 09:19 PM   #7
country flag poiree

poiree has a reputation beyond reputepoiree has a reputation beyond reputepoiree has a reputation beyond reputepoiree has a reputation beyond reputepoiree has a reputation beyond reputepoiree has a reputation beyond reputepoiree has a reputation beyond reputepoiree has a reputation beyond reputepoiree has a reputation beyond reputepoiree has a reputation beyond reputepoiree has a reputation beyond repute

I think the deadline should stay.
No Sunday starts.
I like the idea of giving 1 point to players out on day 1. Don't know about the other issues in point distribution
poiree is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 09:27 PM   #8
country flag buddyholly
RAVE ON

buddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond repute

Whatever the good people who run these things for us think best.
A comment on Sunday starts though, sometimes they are quallies and only two main draw matches - a kind of big hurdle for day 1. I would be happy with Monday. that way nobody will lose out by forgetting. And judging by how few people ever get to the final, it seems a difficult enough task just starting on Mondays.
Old 12-19-2009, 01:04 AM   #9
country flag jcreback

jcreback has a reputation beyond reputejcreback has a reputation beyond reputejcreback has a reputation beyond reputejcreback has a reputation beyond reputejcreback has a reputation beyond reputejcreback has a reputation beyond reputejcreback has a reputation beyond reputejcreback has a reputation beyond reputejcreback has a reputation beyond reputejcreback has a reputation beyond reputejcreback has a reputation beyond repute

I agree with 0 sunday starts and deadline time.

Points I do not mind either way.
Champion: 2009: Como CH; 2010: Napoli CH; 2011: French Open
Finalist: 2010: Ostrava CH, Braunschweig CH
TT Doubles:
Champion: 2008: Como CH (w/hahaha7), Tashkent CH (w/Adder A216); 2009: Jersey CH (w/Adder A216); 2010: Caltanissetta CH (w/Adder A216); Athens CH (w/Adder A216); Milan CH (w/Adder A216); Napoli CH (w/Adder A216); Orleans CH (w/Adder A216)); 2011: Meknes CH (w/Adder A216)
Finalist: 2008: Tulsa CH (w/hahaha7); 2009: Wolfsburg CH (w/EnriqueIG8), Manerbio CH (w/dusan1610); Como CH (w/Adder A216); Champaign CH (w/Adder A216); 2010: Ostrava CH (w/Adder A216); Aptos CH (w/Exponente); Binghamton CH (w/Adder A216); 2011: Dallas CH (w/Adder A216)
jcreback is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2009, 02:00 AM   #10
country flag bandtree

bandtree has a reputation beyond reputebandtree has a reputation beyond reputebandtree has a reputation beyond reputebandtree has a reputation beyond reputebandtree has a reputation beyond reputebandtree has a reputation beyond reputebandtree has a reputation beyond reputebandtree has a reputation beyond reputebandtree has a reputation beyond reputebandtree has a reputation beyond reputebandtree has a reputation beyond repute

I will agree with the apparent consensus on the first two points: Keep Monday start and current deadline. I like the 1-point for losing on day 1, but I would say that they only get that point if they make a pick. If they commit but don't make a pick, then no points.

I have no real opinions on points distribution either.
bandtree is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2009, 12:26 PM   #11
Ivanatis

Ivanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bandtree View Post
I will agree with the apparent consensus on the first two points: Keep Monday start and current deadline. I like the 1-point for losing on day 1, but I would say that they only get that point if they make a pick. If they commit but don't make a pick, then no points.

I have no real opinions on points distribution either.
sounds good. is there any sense behind commiting anyway? I mean this posting "in"
Ivanatis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2009, 12:30 PM   #12
Snowwy

Snowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond repute

Should be a Monday start, look back at what use to happen with Sunday starts
Old 12-19-2009, 01:43 PM   #13
country flag rvugt
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

rvugt has a reputation beyond reputervugt has a reputation beyond reputervugt has a reputation beyond reputervugt has a reputation beyond reputervugt has a reputation beyond reputervugt has a reputation beyond reputervugt has a reputation beyond reputervugt has a reputation beyond reputervugt has a reputation beyond reputervugt has a reputation beyond reputervugt has a reputation beyond repute

Agreed on the deadline and the sunday start, and no problem for giving 1 point for R1 losers. Only stop committing before the tournament starts. Only double work, no use for managers!

Edit: And how about the first tournaments. Which tournaments will be played, maybe an early poll should be opened already so that we have a clear view. Some people want to play other games in the same tournament with early commitments, like TT. In this case it is nice to know on beforehand which tournament will be played!

rvugt is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2009, 06:01 PM   #14
country flag natashha

Quote:
Originally Posted by bandtree View Post
Okay, picking for day 1 would be commitment, we'll delete that IN rule from the first post of the threads.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rvugt View Post
Edit: And how about the first tournaments. Which tournaments will be played, maybe an early poll should be opened already so that we have a clear view. Some people want to play other games in the same tournament with early commitments, like TT. In this case it is nice to know on beforehand which tournament will be played!
We can open them right away for the weeks before AO. But they usually stay open until Friday before the tournament start or so. I don't play TT, how much earlier do you need them to close? That's no problem at all.
Old 12-19-2009, 11:07 PM   #15
country flag rvugt
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

rvugt has a reputation beyond reputervugt has a reputation beyond reputervugt has a reputation beyond reputervugt has a reputation beyond reputervugt has a reputation beyond reputervugt has a reputation beyond reputervugt has a reputation beyond reputervugt has a reputation beyond reputervugt has a reputation beyond reputervugt has a reputation beyond reputervugt has a reputation beyond repute

Well, TT first deadline is the second sunday before the tournament. So not the day before, but the week before that. So if you could move it 1 week back to the Saturday before, that would be nice!

rvugt is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote