Favourite Heavy Metal Music Thread - Page 7 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 01-12-2010, 03:52 AM   #91
country flag Action Jackson
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Action Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Favourite Heavy Metal Music Thread

Shit movie but class song.

Wilander on Dimitrov - "He has mind set on imitating Federer and yes it looks good. But he has no idea what to do on the court".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filo V. View Post
I definitely would have preferred Gaba winning as he needs the points much more, but Jan would have beaten him anyway. I expect Hajek to destroy Machado, like 6-1 6-2.
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Action Jackson is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-12-2010, 04:28 AM   #92
country flag Arkulari
Faithful Txurigorri

Arkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond repute

Arkulari is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 04:37 AM   #93
country flag Sunset of Age
Anathemaniac

Sunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond repute

Catamenia!!!

Am I still here? As one, with The Fear?
Am I still alive? I'm still f*cking ... Here...!"

"The Storm Before The Calm"

Anathema

Into music of the PROG-Dorky-kind? visit my blog or MTF's Prog Rock Thread.
Sunset of Age is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 04:51 AM   #94
Anathemaniac

Sunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond repute

. especially to Sarah Jezebel's fantasic vocals...

Anathema

Old 01-12-2010, 04:55 AM   #95
country flag Arkulari
Faithful Txurigorri

Arkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond repute

get this record guys, it's yet another live maiden album but like all the others, it's AWESOME!!!

Old 01-12-2010, 05:08 AM   #96
Anathemaniac

Grip Inc. Rusty Nail
Waldemar Sorychta on the guitars (and the emaculate production job!), Dave Lombardo on the drums...

And poor, poor Gus... RIP!

Anathema

Last edited by Sunset of Age : 01-12-2010 at 05:13 AM.
Old 01-12-2010, 05:17 AM   #97
country flag Arkulari
Faithful Txurigorri

Grip Inc had some great albums, better than the latest Slayer stuff (World Painted Blood comes to mind *facepalm* ), too bad about Gus

Old 01-12-2010, 05:19 AM   #98
Anathemaniac

Of course, this classic:

Produced by Waldemar Sorychta - that guitar riff would sure-as-hell give one Mr. Tony Iommi a hard-on.

Anathema

Old 01-12-2010, 05:41 AM   #99
country flag Henry Chinaski

Henry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkulari View Post
Grip Inc had some great albums, better than the latest Slayer stuff (World Painted Blood comes to mind *facepalm* ), too bad about Gus
Only got WPB a couple of weeks ago. Just sounds like more of the same really but I haven't given it enough og a chance to really judge.

Christ Illusion was pretty weak. Find it amusing they won 2 grammys for it.

God Hates Us All is absolutely awesome though. One of the most underrented metal albums of all time. Though that's 9 years old now so doesn't exactly
count as their "latest stuff".

Props for the Obituary links.
Old 01-12-2010, 05:48 AM   #100
country flag Arkulari
Faithful Txurigorri

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry Chinaski View Post
Only got WPB a couple of weeks ago. Just sounds like more of the same really but I haven't given it enough og a chance to really judge.

Christ Illusion was pretty weak. Find it amusing they won 2 grammys for it.

God Hates Us All is absolutely awesome though. One of the most underrented metal albums of all time. Though that's 9 years old now so doesn't exactly
count as their "latest stuff".

Props for the Obituary links.
GHUA is a great album, the last good one Slayer made

the ones that surprised me were Megadeth, their last album is something back to their 80's thrash roots, it might be because Chris Broderick suits Mustaine much better than Al Pitrelli, I haven't heard so many solos in a Megadeth album since “Rust in Peace”

Old 01-12-2010, 06:33 AM   #101

Henry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond repute

Never liked Megadeth tbh. The people that kind of influenced my tatstes when I was an impressionable kid didn't listen to them so they just knda passed me by.The fact that Mustaine is possibly the biggest **** on the planet doesn't help.

In fact apart from Slayer early Metallica and Sepultura I'm not much into thrash at all. Testament, Exodus and Annihilator all have their moments but I wouldn't really consider myself much of a fan of any of them.
Old 01-12-2010, 06:34 AM   #102
Anathemaniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Blaze View Post
Slayer

Rock on, MTF
An ultimate CLASSIC. I well remember when that CD (LP?) was released, it was banned on Dutch radio because of so-called suggested Nazi-sympathies, because of "Angel of Death". Pardon me, there? That song merely describes Dr. Mengele's actions (), it doesn't give any a judgement.
Well I guess that that was what bothered those censors most of all.
Learn to *read* them bloddy READ songtexts, I'd say. Huh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juli_V View Post
I just love this song
But it's kinda Progressive Metal Weird video though.
Nothing wrong with Metal being a mite 'progressive', I hope?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonne. View Post
Wow, great thread!!

Here's one song from my favourite band

Fantastic band, I fully agree. Some 2364012375619256+-albums released, alway there at any a European Metal festival imaginable - and still going strong. Love those fellows!

In all, I was a mite surprised not to see the Ultimate-EVER Metal-vid appear over here (even if it's from the Stone Age):

"Let There Be ROCK!!!" - A genuine PRAYER for Metal, indeed!

Anathema

Last edited by Sunset of Age : 01-12-2010 at 06:51 AM.
Old 01-12-2010, 06:56 AM   #103

Angel of Death is about Mengele, nor Raining Blood but apart from that I agree. That song evokes the brutality of Mengele and the holocaust as much as any poem/documentary. Nazi sympathisers generally play things like that down rather than describe them in detail. Slayer obviously like the controversy though. They do indulge in a lot of nazi imagery in their art work and stuff.
Old 01-12-2010, 07:08 AM   #104
Anathemaniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry Chinaski View Post
Angel of Death is about Mengele, nor Raining Blood but apart from that I agree. That song evokes the brutality of Mengele and the holocaust as much as any poem/documentary. Nazi sympathisers generally play things like that down rather than describe them in detail. Slayer obviously like the controversy though. They do indulge in a lot of nazi imagery in their art work and stuff.
Yep. Apparently judging from what I've read, Kerry King is indeed a collectioner of Nazi-paraphernalia, but that doesn't mean he actually condones that sort of nastiness.
Can't say I like it much, but let him be...

Anathema

Old 01-12-2010, 08:53 AM   #105
country flag Marita_Matthäus

Marita_Matthäus has a reputation beyond reputeMarita_Matthäus has a reputation beyond reputeMarita_Matthäus has a reputation beyond reputeMarita_Matthäus has a reputation beyond reputeMarita_Matthäus has a reputation beyond reputeMarita_Matthäus has a reputation beyond reputeMarita_Matthäus has a reputation beyond reputeMarita_Matthäus has a reputation beyond reputeMarita_Matthäus has a reputation beyond reputeMarita_Matthäus has a reputation beyond reputeMarita_Matthäus has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnie the Cat View Post
More Norwegian Black Metal:

DIMMU BORGIR!!!!
Norwegian Black Metal

Another Dimmu Borgir song

Dragonstorms by Covenant (The Kovenant) from their first album "In Times Before The Light". Fantastic song!