Favourite Heavy Metal Music Thread - Page 4 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 12-16-2009, 05:53 AM   #46
country flag GhostUnholy

GhostUnholy has a reputation beyond reputeGhostUnholy has a reputation beyond reputeGhostUnholy has a reputation beyond reputeGhostUnholy has a reputation beyond reputeGhostUnholy has a reputation beyond reputeGhostUnholy has a reputation beyond reputeGhostUnholy has a reputation beyond reputeGhostUnholy has a reputation beyond reputeGhostUnholy has a reputation beyond reputeGhostUnholy has a reputation beyond reputeGhostUnholy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Favourite Heavy Metal Music Thread

Some power metal is epic enough to enjoy all the cheese and tight pants

Last edited by GhostUnholy : 12-16-2009 at 06:27 AM.
GhostUnholy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-16-2009, 06:22 AM   #47
country flag Action Jackson
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Action Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond repute

It's important to know where it came from and where it has progressed from its beginnings.

Wilander on Dimitrov - "He has mind set on imitating Federer and yes it looks good. But he has no idea what to do on the court".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filo V. View Post
I definitely would have preferred Gaba winning as he needs the points much more, but Jan would have beaten him anyway. I expect Hajek to destroy Machado, like 6-1 6-2.
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Action Jackson is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 06:25 AM   #48
country flag Ilovetheblues_86

Ilovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkulari View Post
anyone into power metal?

there are a lot of crap in this subgenre, but the ones who are good, are awesome
I like the Finnish-duo Nightwish-Sonata they were the first bands I got into after Iron Maiden, when I was 14-15 y.o., my best two friends that time were metal gyes, I miss them a lot. :/
Ilovetheblues_86 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 06:26 AM   #49
country flag GhostUnholy

GhostUnholy has a reputation beyond reputeGhostUnholy has a reputation beyond reputeGhostUnholy has a reputation beyond reputeGhostUnholy has a reputation beyond reputeGhostUnholy has a reputation beyond reputeGhostUnholy has a reputation beyond reputeGhostUnholy has a reputation beyond reputeGhostUnholy has a reputation beyond reputeGhostUnholy has a reputation beyond reputeGhostUnholy has a reputation beyond reputeGhostUnholy has a reputation beyond repute

@AJ: For sure but for me, I've been listening to metal now for 7 years, at a really high volume, I was really into the classics when I was first introduced to the genre, and for sure they put out some amazing music, but I'm personally more of a fan of the subgenres that have grown from that stuff. I'm a fan of quite progressive, experimental stuff, unfortunately there are not too many bands that deliver that kind of thing at a really high level. I also enjoy listening to the more standard fare whether for the technicality or the fun factor but my love is for artistry and experimentation.
Old 12-16-2009, 06:38 AM   #50
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Action Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond repute

This stuff is not to everyones taste, but fuck them I like it and that's good enough for me. They are able to mix some different elements and make it work. The first two are in Sami, the language of the indigenous people in Norway, Finland, Sweden and Russia.

Wilander on Dimitrov - "He has mind set on imitating Federer and yes it looks good. But he has no idea what to do on the court".

Quote:
I definitely would have preferred Gaba winning as he needs the points much more, but Jan would have beaten him anyway. I expect Hajek to destroy Machado, like 6-1 6-2.
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Old 12-16-2009, 06:47 AM   #51
country flag GhostUnholy

Korpiklaani are great, I love the folky stuff. Ulver's folk album, Kveldessanger is one of my favorites

How do you feel about Sigh?

One of the better metal bands out of Japan I think, if a bit weird. Very creative, and they have a new album coming out soon I think.
Old 12-16-2009, 06:51 AM   #52
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Japan has a lot of out there bands and this is a good thing.

Korpiklaani are more humour for me, but when he was doing the stuff in Sami to me I actually prefer that.

Quote:
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Old 12-16-2009, 06:53 AM   #53
country flag Arkulari
Faithful Txurigorri

Arkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond repute

before I go, some metal from my region...

see you in a few days

Arkulari is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 06:54 AM   #54
country flag GhostUnholy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Action Jackson View Post
Japan has a lot of out there bands and this is a good thing.

Korpiklaani are more humour for me, but when he was doing the stuff in Sami to me I actually prefer that.
Something in the style of most Japanese bands has prevented me from liking them. X Japan's instrumentals are great enough that I can ignore the dudes joke of a voice though.

Korpiklaani are definitely comic, I listen to them for when the folk elements though, I love those. I just can't get enough of this kind of thing oddly enough
Old 12-16-2009, 06:55 AM   #55
country flag GhostUnholy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkulari View Post
before I go, some metal from my region...

see you in a few days
Nice, I haven't heard these guys!

Have a good trip
Old 12-16-2009, 07:01 AM   #56
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Korpiklaani and Finntroll are among the best when it comes to folk elements. Finntroll have a harder edge, though I remember seeing this doco on Black Metal and they were quite funny. I mean what is more trollish than singing in Swedish and living in Finland. The finlandsvenskar (Finnish-Swedes), the ones that have Swedish as a first language aren't always appreciated in Finland.

Quote:
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Old 12-16-2009, 07:42 AM   #57
country flag Snoo Foo

Snoo Foo has a reputation beyond reputeSnoo Foo has a reputation beyond reputeSnoo Foo has a reputation beyond reputeSnoo Foo has a reputation beyond reputeSnoo Foo has a reputation beyond reputeSnoo Foo has a reputation beyond reputeSnoo Foo has a reputation beyond reputeSnoo Foo has a reputation beyond reputeSnoo Foo has a reputation beyond reputeSnoo Foo has a reputation beyond reputeSnoo Foo has a reputation beyond repute

is this metal? do i give a fuck? what i do know is however loud you are hearing this it is

not loud enough

Snoo Foo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 02:37 PM   #58
country flag GhostUnholy

Ministry are industrial, probably sharing more in common with bands like KMFDM, but metal enough I think.
Old 12-16-2009, 03:43 PM   #59
country flag zerocool_

zerocool_ has a reputation beyond reputezerocool_ has a reputation beyond reputezerocool_ has a reputation beyond reputezerocool_ has a reputation beyond reputezerocool_ has a reputation beyond reputezerocool_ has a reputation beyond reputezerocool_ has a reputation beyond reputezerocool_ has a reputation beyond reputezerocool_ has a reputation beyond reputezerocool_ has a reputation beyond reputezerocool_ has a reputation beyond repute

Some of my favorit bands Finally thread for me

zerocool_ is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 03:44 PM   #60
country flag Johnny Groove
Future ATP Star

Johnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostUnholy View Post
RAINING BLOOOOOOOD! FROM A LACERATED SKY

Total classic

Have you given Endgame a listen yet? Total return to form Megadeth IMO, finally they have an album that can live up to Rust in Peace
No, I haven't, but I realllllly need to. One of my ex's has the album and she's praising it to the moon

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostUnholy View Post
Ministry are industrial, probably sharing more in common with bands like KMFDM, but metal enough I think.
Well, AJ's thread title says "heavy metal", but under that guise, we wouldn't be able to post anything post-1988

It's interesting to see how this genre has spun out from Led Zeppelin, Black Sabbath, and Deep Purple to Iron Maiden and the 80's hair bands, to the genre splicing in the 90's to what we have today.
Originally Posted by Nathaliia View Post
What do you like doing on MTF most?
Reading Johnny Groove threads.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripwires View Post
Johnny blurs the line between grandeur and grandiose
Johnny Groove is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote