Favourite Heavy Metal Music Thread - Page 15 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 04-07-2013, 08:16 AM   #211
country flag Mr. Oracle

Mr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Favourite Heavy Metal Music Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by J99 View Post
Here's "Evil Invaders" for you by Razor, it's at least a tiny bit Priest like to me, prob why I enjoy it much:

Haha "to fight, to fight" Sounds like halford. That's about as heavy as I would have gone J99. When the singers start to sing in that demonic guttural tone, the fear sets in...lol.
is there nothing?  Because, Djokovic, Murray, and Nadal
certainly win Roger? Even David Ferrer? (Roger 14 - 0 David)
Or, Roger loses even before QF? lol

argument.

Click for Jacko & Bubble-Rod => http://postimg.org/image/tvdauba7z/
Mr. Oracle is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-07-2013, 08:23 AM   #212
country flag J99

J99 has a reputation beyond reputeJ99 has a reputation beyond reputeJ99 has a reputation beyond reputeJ99 has a reputation beyond reputeJ99 has a reputation beyond reputeJ99 has a reputation beyond reputeJ99 has a reputation beyond reputeJ99 has a reputation beyond reputeJ99 has a reputation beyond reputeJ99 has a reputation beyond reputeJ99 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Oracle View Post
Haha "to fight, to fight" Sounds like halford. That's about as heavy as I would have gone J99. When the singers start to sing in that demonic guttural tone, the fear sets in...lol.
Don't forget the opening/repeating guitar riff, if that's not Priestly I don't know what is, it's like this track takes Priest a step further, you think it's gonna be like a Priest rip off, but Razor do their own thing with it, making it more thrashy and with a rougher vocal which I like, the chorus maybe does have a more "evil" sounding vibe to it, but not really, I think it sounds cool what they did there, so yeah, this is probably my favorite Canadian metal song ever.

TT stats site: http://mtftt.info/

Melzer, Rafa, Fognini, Murray, Pospisil, Ferrer, Haas, Dolgopolov, Almagro, Janowicz, Kohlschreiber, plus a lot more, mostly, if not all clay courters.
J99 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 08:50 AM   #213
country flag J99

J99 has a reputation beyond reputeJ99 has a reputation beyond reputeJ99 has a reputation beyond reputeJ99 has a reputation beyond reputeJ99 has a reputation beyond reputeJ99 has a reputation beyond reputeJ99 has a reputation beyond reputeJ99 has a reputation beyond reputeJ99 has a reputation beyond reputeJ99 has a reputation beyond reputeJ99 has a reputation beyond repute

Try this really new metal on for size, it has solos for ya:

Melzer, Rafa, Fognini, Murray, Pospisil, Ferrer, Haas, Dolgopolov, Almagro, Janowicz, Kohlschreiber, plus a lot more, mostly, if not all clay courters.
Old 04-07-2013, 09:35 AM   #214
country flag J99

Just found out about this, it's Jamey Jasta singer from Hatebreed and Kirk Windstein guitar, vocals from Crowbar and Down, I'm a bit into Crowbar and Down, but they don't quite do it for me, this I'm really digging, it's more accessable, maybe the best stuff Kirk has done ever, killer grooves.

Old 04-08-2013, 12:34 AM   #215
country flag Mr. Oracle

Mr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond repute

It sounds like you have a wide range in metal J99, from the milder hard rockish sound of early priest to the really heavy stuff. Is there one type of style that really appeals you? I've found that the dudes that like the really heavy stuff like death/thrash think the softer stuff is for wimps. There was a kid that liked venom who terrorized me to no end cause I liked van halen and 80's priest!

What would be your top 3 albums that you could have on an island and rock out too?

argument.

Old 04-08-2013, 12:43 AM   #216
country flag Mr. Oracle

Quote:
Don't forget the opening/repeating guitar riff, if that's not Priestly I don't know what is, it's like this track takes Priest a step further, you think it's gonna be like a Priest rip off, but Razor do their own thing with it, making it more thrashy and with a rougher vocal which I like, the chorus maybe does have a more "evil" sounding vibe to it, but not really, I think it sounds cool what they did there, so yeah, this is probably my favorite Canadian metal song ever.
It does sound very priestly indeed. For some reason I thought of the tone of "Hell Bent for Leather."

By the time "Juglolator" came out with Ripper Owens, I lost interest in the priest. Too bad JP hasn't aged well like Iron Maiden. Halford is 10% of the singer he was in his youth. Sad when you don't know when to call it quits.

argument.

Old 04-08-2013, 02:28 AM   #217
country flag J99

Quote:
It sounds like you have a wide range in metal J99, from the milder hard rockish sound of early priest to the really heavy stuff. Is there one type of style that really appeals you? I've found that the dudes that like the really heavy stuff like death/thrash think the softer stuff is for wimps. There was a kid that liked venom who terrorized me to no end cause I liked van halen and 80's priest!

What would be your top 3 albums that you could have on an island and rock out too?
Well over the years I've been into it off and on, now I'm probably more into it, I've been digging more into it, finding more things I like, some records a few years back I either wasn't as into or I thought were too heavy, I'm now finding that I like them now, like you though I won't go too rough on the vocals usually, like the Kingdom of Sorrow is maybe as heavy as I go on vocals, I think that Machine Head's The Blackening for me is maybe the best overall metal record ever, also really like Pantera's Cowboys from Hell, but not them as much after that, other stuff I like is Maiden, Motorhead, 80's thrash I've tried really hard to get into, most of it I'm not really, I like Megadeth's Rust in Peace (even though it's technically 90'), but I don't like the new remaster of it that Mustaine messed with, I have most Soilwork records, as you can tell I quite enjoy a good groove, I could go on, but I will say more here in the future.

Last edited by J99 : 04-08-2013 at 03:41 AM.
Old 04-08-2013, 02:39 AM   #218
country flag J99

Quote:
It does sound very priestly indeed. For some reason I thought of the tone of "Hell Bent for Leather."

By the time "Juglolator" came out with Ripper Owens, I lost interest in the priest. Too bad JP hasn't aged well like Iron Maiden. Halford is 10% of the singer he was in his youth. Sad when you don't know when to call it quits.
The production or guitar tone is at least like Priest, I'm not a guitar player though, so I wouldn't know for sure if that riff is like Priest.

Sounds like you are maybe at least 10 years older than me if you were going to Priest concerts in the 80's, I wasn't old enough to go to shows then, right now there isn't much in the way of metal shows on the horizon, I'm so hungary to go to one again, it's been awhile, Motley Crue and Kiss are coming through on different tours, not really my style, but if nothing else pops up soon I may have to consider, probably not going to shell out a minimum of 66 bucks to see Kiss though, they are one of the biggest money making acts in the world, only reason why I can think they charge so much is cause that maybe all they care about at least now is making money, Crue start at $25 then 45 then 79 then 115, that shows in 15 days though, so it's maybe not enough time now.

Old 04-08-2013, 03:20 AM   #219
country flag Mr. Oracle

Quote:
The production or guitar tone is at least like Priest, I'm not a guitar player though, so I wouldn't know for sure if that riff is like Priest.

Sounds like you are maybe at least 10 years older than me if you were going to Priest concerts in the 80's, I wasn't old enough to go to shows then, right now there isn't much in the way of metal shows on the horizon, I'm so hungary to go to one again, it's been awhile, Motley Crue and Kiss are coming through on different tours, not really my style, but if nothing else pops up soon I may have to consider, probably not going to shell out a minimum of 66 bucks to see Kiss though, they are one of the biggest money making acts in the world, only reason why I can think they charge so much is cause that maybe all they care about at least now is making money, Crue start at $25 then 45 then 79 then 115, that shows in 15 days though, so it's maybe not enough time now.
I can't believe my parents were letting me skip school at 11 years old to go see metal bands back then with friends. My teacher let us do show and tell on Monday mornings to talk about the concerts. The other kids thought we were true metal gods I'd save up from my paper route and blow it all on tickets and concert shirts! I had so many. What do they call those T-shirts with the long sleaves? Levi's Jeans, concert shirts, white sneakers, and a studded armband for the finishing touch.

argument.

Old 04-08-2013, 03:37 AM   #220
country flag Action Jackson
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Action Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond repute

Wilander on Dimitrov - "He has mind set on imitating Federer and yes it looks good. But he has no idea what to do on the court".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filo V. View Post
I definitely would have preferred Gaba winning as he needs the points much more, but Jan would have beaten him anyway. I expect Hajek to destroy Machado, like 6-1 6-2.
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Action Jackson is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 03:52 AM   #221
country flag Mr. Oracle

Too bad there weren't that many female metal performers in the 80s. And so Lee Aaron was a VERY welcome presence on the scene for many a pre-pubescent boy if you catch my meaning. The few that were brave enough to perform, usually had to adopt the "bondage" theme in one way or another.

The Metal Queen

Her trademark RED pants!

HOT TO BE ROCKED

argument.

Last edited by Mr. Oracle : 04-08-2013 at 04:05 AM.
Old 04-08-2013, 03:56 AM   #222
country flag J99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Action Jackson View Post

Interesting/decent picks, not very familiar with the 1st 2 bands, Rotting Christ I sometimes will listen to, their music is fine, it's the vocals I have a hard time getting past, right now in a similar vein I'm really into the new Amorphis record which comes out this month, it's a concept piece:

Last edited by J99 : 04-08-2013 at 08:46 AM.
Old 04-08-2013, 03:59 AM   #223
country flag Action Jackson
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Action Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond repute

Wilander on Dimitrov - "He has mind set on imitating Federer and yes it looks good. But he has no idea what to do on the court".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filo V. View Post
I definitely would have preferred Gaba winning as he needs the points much more, but Jan would have beaten him anyway. I expect Hajek to destroy Machado, like 6-1 6-2.
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Action Jackson is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 07:52 AM   #224
country flag J99

Easily one of the best albums from the 80's, one of my fav's for sure, 1st truly great concept record, I put just 1 track here, but this really must be heard all the way through, best piece Priest never did in the 80's.

You were talking about female singing metal, this is probably my favorite ever, little known, they did 2 records, no longer together sadly, should have been much bigger IMO, from Sweden/Finland:

Last edited by J99 : 04-08-2013 at 08:54 AM.
Old 04-08-2013, 04:36 PM   #225
country flag Henry Chinaski

Henry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Just found out about this, it's Jamey Jasta singer from Hatebreed and Kirk Windstein guitar, vocals from Crowbar and Down, I'm a bit into Crowbar and Down, but they don't quite do it for me, this I'm really digging, it's more accessable, maybe the best stuff Kirk has done ever, killer grooves.
good shit