Christian thread - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 02-09-2015, 03:16 AM   #1
country flag Moonball Pusher
Banned!

Moonball Pusher has a reputation beyond reputeMoonball Pusher has a reputation beyond reputeMoonball Pusher has a reputation beyond reputeMoonball Pusher has a reputation beyond reputeMoonball Pusher has a reputation beyond reputeMoonball Pusher has a reputation beyond reputeMoonball Pusher has a reputation beyond reputeMoonball Pusher has a reputation beyond reputeMoonball Pusher has a reputation beyond reputeMoonball Pusher has a reputation beyond reputeMoonball Pusher has a reputation beyond repute
Default Christian thread

General thread for all Christian discussion.

Catholics are the most welcome of course

We can start with posting some of our favorite Bible verses.

Quote:
If you hold to my teaching, you are really my disciples. Then you will know the truth, and the truth
will set you free. John 8:31-32

Last edited by Deathless Mortal : 02-11-2015 at 08:16 AM.
Moonball Pusher is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-09-2015, 03:18 AM   #2
Banned!

Moonball Pusher has a reputation beyond reputeMoonball Pusher has a reputation beyond reputeMoonball Pusher has a reputation beyond reputeMoonball Pusher has a reputation beyond reputeMoonball Pusher has a reputation beyond reputeMoonball Pusher has a reputation beyond reputeMoonball Pusher has a reputation beyond reputeMoonball Pusher has a reputation beyond reputeMoonball Pusher has a reputation beyond reputeMoonball Pusher has a reputation beyond reputeMoonball Pusher has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Christian thread

Also, apparently some Catholic parishes have this stuff going on now? What the heck?

Old 02-09-2015, 03:25 AM   #3
country flag orangehat

orangehat has a reputation beyond reputeorangehat has a reputation beyond reputeorangehat has a reputation beyond reputeorangehat has a reputation beyond reputeorangehat has a reputation beyond reputeorangehat has a reputation beyond reputeorangehat has a reputation beyond reputeorangehat has a reputation beyond reputeorangehat has a reputation beyond reputeorangehat has a reputation beyond reputeorangehat has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonball Pusher View Post

Rebellious teenage atheists

Singles: (--/10) Finals: 1-5 ATP, 3-1 Challengers
W: Rotterdam '12
Slams:1R,3R,3R,QF

Doubles: (--/5) Finals: 3-4 ATP, 8-7 Challengers
W: US Open '12 (w/Allez-Alejo), Bercy '11 (w/ZackBusner), Winston-Salem '12 (w/Betty)
Slams:2R,3R,QF,W
orangehat is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2015, 03:43 AM   #4
country flag Endless Loopchi

Endless Loopchi has a reputation beyond reputeEndless Loopchi has a reputation beyond reputeEndless Loopchi has a reputation beyond reputeEndless Loopchi has a reputation beyond reputeEndless Loopchi has a reputation beyond reputeEndless Loopchi has a reputation beyond reputeEndless Loopchi has a reputation beyond reputeEndless Loopchi has a reputation beyond reputeEndless Loopchi has a reputation beyond reputeEndless Loopchi has a reputation beyond reputeEndless Loopchi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonball Pusher View Post

Rebellious teenage atheists, please direct your hormonal anger elsewhere.
The Fedora variation correct?

I support Roger Federer, Novak Djokovic, Rafael Nadal, Andy Murray, David Ferrer, Del Potro.

Why? Because I love tennis plain and simple

* Slams Do Not Exist!
Endless Loopchi is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2015, 12:23 PM   #5
country flag MichaelKrep

MichaelKrep has a reputation beyond reputeMichaelKrep has a reputation beyond reputeMichaelKrep has a reputation beyond reputeMichaelKrep has a reputation beyond reputeMichaelKrep has a reputation beyond reputeMichaelKrep has a reputation beyond reputeMichaelKrep has a reputation beyond reputeMichaelKrep has a reputation beyond reputeMichaelKrep has a reputation beyond reputeMichaelKrep has a reputation beyond reputeMichaelKrep has a reputation beyond repute

This is going to be great.

Grigor Dimitrov Newest Member of Top 10
Jo-Wilfried Tsonga | Marcos Baghdatis

Andy Murray | Alexandr Dolgopolov | Milos Raonic
Pistol Pete
MichaelKrep is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2015, 12:27 PM   #6
country flag MichaelKrep

MichaelKrep has a reputation beyond reputeMichaelKrep has a reputation beyond reputeMichaelKrep has a reputation beyond reputeMichaelKrep has a reputation beyond reputeMichaelKrep has a reputation beyond reputeMichaelKrep has a reputation beyond reputeMichaelKrep has a reputation beyond reputeMichaelKrep has a reputation beyond reputeMichaelKrep has a reputation beyond reputeMichaelKrep has a reputation beyond reputeMichaelKrep has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Matthew 15:21 - 28

21 Leaving that place, Jesus withdrew to the region of Tyre and Sidon. 22 A Canaanite woman from that vicinity came to him, crying out, “Lord, Son of David, have mercy on me! My daughter is demon-possessed and suffering terribly.”

23 Jesus did not answer a word. So his disciples came to him and urged him, “Send her away, for she keeps crying out after us.”

24 He answered, “I was sent only to the lost sheep of Israel.”

25 The woman came and knelt before him. “Lord, help me!” she said.

26 He replied, “It is not right to take the children’s bread and toss it to the dogs.”

27 “Yes it is, Lord,” she said. “Even the dogs eat the crumbs that fall from their master’s table.”

28 Then Jesus said to her, “Woman, you have great faith! Your request is granted.” And her daughter was healed at that moment.
Hmm

Pistol Pete
Old 02-09-2015, 07:19 PM   #7
country flag acacacacademy

acacacacademy has a reputation beyond reputeacacacacademy has a reputation beyond reputeacacacacademy has a reputation beyond reputeacacacacademy has a reputation beyond reputeacacacacademy has a reputation beyond reputeacacacacademy has a reputation beyond reputeacacacacademy has a reputation beyond reputeacacacacademy has a reputation beyond reputeacacacacademy has a reputation beyond reputeacacacacademy has a reputation beyond reputeacacacacademy has a reputation beyond repute

The funny thing about the term "rebellious teenage atheists" is that atheism is the norm in Britain, is completely mainstream, and has been for decades. Not many people were raised by religious parents - or at least, not serious religious parents. The sort who go to church on every holy day of obligation and read the Apostles' Creed like the mean it at evensong. That might be different in some of the American states, but I don't know. I've never visited.

One of the best ways for young people to rebel against the political establishment over here, with its official doctrine of "equality and diversity", is to become a Christian. Doing so is second only to advocating hard nationalism, but both are sure to wind up baby boomer parents with their self-righteous liberal values. I know this first hand and so do the many other people of my generation who are sick of the nonsensical multicultural welfare state we've been burdened with (though I fear there are fewer of us in Britain than there are in France, Austria, Hungary and a few other continental countries).

That said, I'm not a Christian, but won't be surprised if my conscience and dissatisfication with the inherent moral relativism of atheism drives me towards the Church as I grow older. Not to mention the lingering fear of eternal hellfire, and my love for Christian (particularly Roman Catholic) culture. I'm sure Bach, Dostoevsky, Vivaldi, Bruckner, Chesterton, Solzhenitsyn, Dante, Tolkien, T.S. Eliot and all those other greats will have a deeper meaning for people who share their fundamental beliefs, than for people who sniff at their religious convinctions and try to ignore or downplay any religious overtones.
acacacacademy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2015, 08:11 AM   #8
country flag Dead Net Cord

Dead Net Cord has a reputation beyond reputeDead Net Cord has a reputation beyond reputeDead Net Cord has a reputation beyond reputeDead Net Cord has a reputation beyond reputeDead Net Cord has a reputation beyond reputeDead Net Cord has a reputation beyond reputeDead Net Cord has a reputation beyond reputeDead Net Cord has a reputation beyond reputeDead Net Cord has a reputation beyond reputeDead Net Cord has a reputation beyond reputeDead Net Cord has a reputation beyond repute

Any altar servers here?

Zebra have GOOD serve but not great.
Dead Net Cord is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2015, 03:20 PM   #9
country flag JamieBlake

JamieBlake has a reputation beyond reputeJamieBlake has a reputation beyond reputeJamieBlake has a reputation beyond reputeJamieBlake has a reputation beyond reputeJamieBlake has a reputation beyond reputeJamieBlake has a reputation beyond reputeJamieBlake has a reputation beyond reputeJamieBlake has a reputation beyond reputeJamieBlake has a reputation beyond reputeJamieBlake has a reputation beyond reputeJamieBlake has a reputation beyond repute

The thing about Christianity is that it still takes the Old Testament fairly seriously, as well as other crap that doesn't involve Jesus. I don't believe Jesus's teaching are remotely close to being perfect, but a Church that only cared about them would be acceptable. But by still officially caring about the Old Testament and making up its own rules that have nothing to do with Jesus it's promoting misogyny, racism, homophobia, and basically hatred of all kinds; just like it condoned and encouraged slavery back in the day because it was okay in the Old Testament.

But of course where would the fun be for them in a Church where only Jesus's teachings mattered?

TOMAS BERDYCH - PAT RAFTER - ANDY RODDICK - VASEK POSPISIL - ANDREAS SEPPI - ANDY MURRAY

HATE LIST: Uncle Toni, Hitler, Stalin, Mussolini, Franco, etc.
JamieBlake is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2015, 04:29 PM   #10
country flag Ichbinmüde

Ichbinmüde has a reputation beyond reputeIchbinmüde has a reputation beyond reputeIchbinmüde has a reputation beyond reputeIchbinmüde has a reputation beyond reputeIchbinmüde has a reputation beyond reputeIchbinmüde has a reputation beyond reputeIchbinmüde has a reputation beyond reputeIchbinmüde has a reputation beyond reputeIchbinmüde has a reputation beyond reputeIchbinmüde has a reputation beyond reputeIchbinmüde has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamieBlake View Post
The thing about Christianity is that it still takes the Old Testament fairly seriously, as well as other crap that doesn't involve Jesus. I don't believe Jesus's teaching are remotely close to being perfect, but a Church that only cared about them would be acceptable. But by still officially caring about the Old Testament and making up its own rules that have nothing to do with Jesus it's promoting misogyny, racism, homophobia, and basically hatred of all kinds; just like it condoned and encouraged slavery back in the day because it was okay in the Old Testament.

But of course where would the fun be for them in a Church where only Jesus's teachings mattered?

So you take all the words literally? I hope you know (as an earlier Christian) the Bible has its historic/diachronic parts, too, people pretending the violence in the Old Testament end like Breivik.

And yes, the Bible is full of love, as you can see. You just have to open it. Here an example:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joh 10,17
For this reason the Father loves me, because I lay down my life that I may take it up again.
In the Old Testament you can read the Song of Salomo, for example.

What goes around, comes around.
Ichbinmüde is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2015, 07:42 PM   #11
country flag scarecrows
Ace Loveforty

scarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond repute

True Christian here

member of the Landover Baptist Church for many years

Quote:
Originally Posted by FormerRafaFan View Post
That will be the last victory of Rafa for quite some time.. With his joke mentality and pathetic game, I hope the disgusting player loses every single match next season. He's disgraceful. He should just retire. He's a joke.
Quote:
Originally Posted by l_mac View Post
(10) Corey Feldman vs. (12) scarecrows
scarecrows is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2015, 08:47 PM   #12
country flag Nathaliia

Nathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond repute

maybe OP should have extended that not only teenage atheists should stay the fuck away but these grown up ones too

i want something else to get me through this life....

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaitare View Post
If Janowicz wins Roland Garros one day he'll make a heart with his cum on Chatrier.
Nathaliia is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2015, 11:27 PM   #13
country flag buddyholly
RAVE ON

buddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond repute

So this is a minority thread, then?

I understand why you prefer atheists to stay away. Christianity is clearly indefensible.
Old 02-11-2015, 12:47 AM   #14
Banned!

It's fine if y'all bash, but I don't know why you care so much. No one forced you to open the thread. You're free to make as many anti-Christian threads as you want.
Old 02-11-2015, 12:48 AM   #15
country flag MichaelKrep

Freedom of speech alert! Bring out the North Korea flags lads! Man the barricades!

Pistol Pete