The MMA thread - UFC, Pride, Strikeforce etc. - Page 6 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 01-03-2013, 03:44 AM   #76
country flag pray-for-palestine-and-israel

pray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The MMA thread - UFC, Pride, Strikeforce etc.

with all that said

i f*ckin loved watching fedor and the axe murderer back in the day in pride
cro cops legendary kicking
Advertisement

Old 01-09-2013, 09:34 PM   #77
country flag Vinceremo

Vinceremo has a reputation beyond reputeVinceremo has a reputation beyond reputeVinceremo has a reputation beyond reputeVinceremo has a reputation beyond reputeVinceremo has a reputation beyond reputeVinceremo has a reputation beyond reputeVinceremo has a reputation beyond reputeVinceremo has a reputation beyond reputeVinceremo has a reputation beyond reputeVinceremo has a reputation beyond reputeVinceremo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by pray-for-palestine-and-israel View Post
mma just doesnt have the drama and exitement of boxing

i know there is an art in the take down and ground and pound... but its boring as heck to watch on tv

thats why anderson silva is such a great mma fighter. his striking and his ability to maintain distance and in ring general ship- is second to none

but no mma fight is ever as exiting as watching a great boxing match
I hate to disagree, but have to!

IMO, is the other way around with MMA being way more exciting than boxing. Mixed martial arts involve, like it's name suggests, a combination of many disciplines including boxing were, precisely, the clash of styles between the fighters is what makes it SO much more unpredictable than boxing, were you will probably see half the upsets and the superior boxer will prevail most of the times (not always, I know there are many notable examples). The technique and strategies involved in MMA are extremely important, it's great to see fighters that have a base in very different martial arts trying to impose their will. Unfortunately, I agree in the sense that it could be getting a bit more boring with the inclusion of so many wrestling-based ones... for me, there's nothing better to see in MMA events than a wrestler being submitted by a jiu jitsu fighter or judoka. Awesome moments.

Great taste with the Spider, he's second to none IMO.
Vinceremo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 09:23 AM   #78
country flag moon language

moon language has a reputation beyond reputemoon language has a reputation beyond reputemoon language has a reputation beyond reputemoon language has a reputation beyond reputemoon language has a reputation beyond reputemoon language has a reputation beyond reputemoon language has a reputation beyond reputemoon language has a reputation beyond reputemoon language has a reputation beyond reputemoon language has a reputation beyond reputemoon language has a reputation beyond repute

How about UFC 162? Craziness!
moon language is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 12:40 AM   #79
country flag kmplex

kmplex is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by moon language View Post
How about UFC 162? Craziness!
Yeah came as quite a shocker! Everyone was talking about it today in the office for our men's magazine. Seemed like Silva was taunting Weidman pretty well, but Weidman keep his cool like a man should and went in for the hook and win. All in all, awesome night!
kmplex is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 07:34 AM   #80
country flag Lopez

Lopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond repute

Silva finally gets punished for his showboating. Gotta say though, the way he dodged most of Weidmans shots was impressive until he finally got caught
lol, who will beat him? Wawrinka? Berdych? Gulbis? Rosol? Federer?

Only Del Potro can take him out before the semis, and he won't. Nadal is winning the AO, bet your house on it.
Somewhere out there, there is a homeless person who once took betting advice from GSMnadal
Lopez is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 12:11 AM   #81
country flag allpro

allpro has a reputation beyond reputeallpro has a reputation beyond reputeallpro has a reputation beyond reputeallpro has a reputation beyond reputeallpro has a reputation beyond reputeallpro has a reputation beyond reputeallpro has a reputation beyond reputeallpro has a reputation beyond reputeallpro has a reputation beyond reputeallpro has a reputation beyond reputeallpro has a reputation beyond repute

spider's clowning is almost as bad as his takedown defense . frankly, i don't think he wants any part of a jon jones megafight. he knows he'd get floored in about 10 seconds, followed by a vicious barrage of elbow strikes to end the fight via tko all under a minute.
allpro is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 12:45 PM   #82
country flag benitohasker

benitohasker is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by allpro View Post
spider's clowning is almost as bad as his takedown defense . frankly, i don't think he wants any part of a jon jones megafight. he knows he'd get floored in about 10 seconds, followed by a vicious barrage of elbow strikes to end the fight via tko all under a minute.
Anderson Silva acted like a fool, and you don't do that in MMA. He lost because of his arrogance not his skill.
benitohasker is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 12:57 PM   #83
country flag Lopez

Lopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond repute

Jon Jones and Alex Gustafsson went five rounds, with Jones retaining the belt although some people think Gustafsson was robbed in the decision. Didn't see it myself, so I'll refrain from commenting.

A rematch seems to be on the cards, hopefully I can catch it this time. Would be really nice for a fellow Northern-European get the title .

Only Del Potro can take him out before the semis, and he won't. Nadal is winning the AO, bet your house on it.
Somewhere out there, there is a homeless person who once took betting advice from GSMnadal
Old 09-22-2013, 09:38 PM   #84
country flag JMG

JMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond repute

Jones won 4th and 5th, Gustafsson the 1st. 2nd and 3rd were close. 48-47 for Jones was the expected decision by the judges in the end imo.
JMG is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 04:09 AM   #85
country flag J99

J99 has a reputation beyond reputeJ99 has a reputation beyond reputeJ99 has a reputation beyond reputeJ99 has a reputation beyond reputeJ99 has a reputation beyond reputeJ99 has a reputation beyond reputeJ99 has a reputation beyond reputeJ99 has a reputation beyond reputeJ99 has a reputation beyond reputeJ99 has a reputation beyond reputeJ99 has a reputation beyond repute

People not watching MMA/UFC anymore?

UFC 167 was pretty incredible.

TT stats site: http://mtftt.info/

Melzer, Rafa, Fognini, Murray, Pospisil, Ferrer, Haas, Dolgopolov, Almagro, Nishikori, Dimitrov, Kohlschreiber, Robredo, Benneteau, Simon, Janowicz, plus a lot more, mostly, if not all clay courters, but firstly just the game itself.
J99 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 06:17 AM   #86
country flag Lopez

It's on at awkward times... But I follow the results! Seems like it was another close one for the champ after the Jones/Gustafsson fight.

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App

Old 11-20-2013, 01:15 PM   #87
country flag J99

J99 has a reputation beyond reputeJ99 has a reputation beyond reputeJ99 has a reputation beyond reputeJ99 has a reputation beyond reputeJ99 has a reputation beyond reputeJ99 has a reputation beyond reputeJ99 has a reputation beyond reputeJ99 has a reputation beyond reputeJ99 has a reputation beyond reputeJ99 has a reputation beyond reputeJ99 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lopez View Post
It's on at awkward times... But I follow the results! Seems like it was another close one for the champ after the Jones/Gustafsson fight.

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App
Yeah it was, he didn't win it really, was a pretty good match though.

Not sure which will be at least the title match of the year, this one, Weidman-Silva or Jones-Gustafsson. Of course there is still Johnson-Benevidez and Silva-Weidman 2 to come.

You don't need to watch it when it's on live, soon after it's on the net.

TT stats site: http://mtftt.info/

Melzer, Rafa, Fognini, Murray, Pospisil, Ferrer, Haas, Dolgopolov, Almagro, Nishikori, Dimitrov, Kohlschreiber, Robredo, Benneteau, Simon, Janowicz, plus a lot more, mostly, if not all clay courters, but firstly just the game itself.
J99 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 06:25 PM   #88
country flag allpro

allpro has a reputation beyond reputeallpro has a reputation beyond reputeallpro has a reputation beyond reputeallpro has a reputation beyond reputeallpro has a reputation beyond reputeallpro has a reputation beyond reputeallpro has a reputation beyond reputeallpro has a reputation beyond reputeallpro has a reputation beyond reputeallpro has a reputation beyond reputeallpro has a reputation beyond repute

weidman knocked silva almost unconscious with a short right hook to the ear in the 1st rd and completely dominated the fight...again. he's simply too fast, too strong, too ring savvy, and dare i say too talented for the brazilian clown.

r.i.p silva.
allpro is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 09:05 PM   #89
country flag Lopez

Tough to see one of the greatest, if not the greatest, go down like that. That was probably his last fight. Grats to Weidman, seems like a decent guy, though he lays the Jesus stuff on a bit thick (as do many other American athletes )

Old 12-30-2013, 01:15 AM   #90
country flag Kyle_Johansen

Kyle_Johansen has a reputation beyond reputeKyle_Johansen has a reputation beyond reputeKyle_Johansen has a reputation beyond reputeKyle_Johansen has a reputation beyond reputeKyle_Johansen has a reputation beyond reputeKyle_Johansen has a reputation beyond reputeKyle_Johansen has a reputation beyond reputeKyle_Johansen has a reputation beyond reputeKyle_Johansen has a reputation beyond reputeKyle_Johansen has a reputation beyond reputeKyle_Johansen has a reputation beyond repute

Silva's career is probably over. Sickest thing I've ever seen.
6) Rosewall 7) Agassi 8) Lendl 9) Connors 10) McEnroe
Top 10 favourite all-time list
1) Federer 2) Safin 3) Agassi 4) Sampras 5) Edberg
6) Lendl 7) Haas 8) Hewitt 9) Connors 10) Becker
Kyle_Johansen is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote