The MMA thread - UFC, Pride, Strikeforce etc. - Page 4 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 01-04-2012, 01:39 AM   #46
country flag allpro

allpro has a reputation beyond reputeallpro has a reputation beyond reputeallpro has a reputation beyond reputeallpro has a reputation beyond reputeallpro has a reputation beyond reputeallpro has a reputation beyond reputeallpro has a reputation beyond reputeallpro has a reputation beyond reputeallpro has a reputation beyond reputeallpro has a reputation beyond reputeallpro has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The MMA thread - UFC, Pride, Strikeforce etc.

brutal liver shot by ubereem (brock thought he cracked a rib). losenar looked amateurish, confused, and without a plan b.

dos santos vs. overeem should be highly entertaining.
allpro is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-05-2012, 10:14 AM   #47
country flag Lopez

Lopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond repute

What do you make of last night's UFC 143?
A lot of decision victories in the main card. What do you think about the Condit/Diaz match? Did the right guy win? Is Diaz really retiring. To me, Diaz seems like a bit of a punk but he adds good flavour to the division.
lol, who will beat him? Wawrinka? Berdych? Gulbis? Rosol? Federer?

Only Del Potro can take him out before the semis, and he won't. Nadal is winning the AO, bet your house on it.
Somewhere out there, there is a homeless person who once took betting advice from GSMnadal
Lopez is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 08:38 AM   #48
country flag allpro

allpro has a reputation beyond reputeallpro has a reputation beyond reputeallpro has a reputation beyond reputeallpro has a reputation beyond reputeallpro has a reputation beyond reputeallpro has a reputation beyond reputeallpro has a reputation beyond reputeallpro has a reputation beyond reputeallpro has a reputation beyond reputeallpro has a reputation beyond reputeallpro has a reputation beyond repute

it was a close fight but i think the judges got it right....i scored it 48-47 condit. although diaz was the aggressor throughout and walked thru most of condit’s strikes (including those ridiculously ineffective spinning backfists), he was unable to cut off the octagon or hurt condit. all the taunting and goading merely reflected how frustrated he was, and while i don’t particularly care for condit’s constant backpedaling, he stuck to his game plan and in the end, his volume, activity and superior conditioning won the fight.

gsp v. condit will make for a far more intriguing fight than gsp v. diaz....though i pick gsp by unanimous decision over either fighter. yes, diaz is one tough hombre but he lacks the speed and technical skills to compete with a guy like gsp.

the co-main was entertaining as big country is always fun to watch with his face-first, bar-room brawl style. he took a few vicious knees to the face but kept moving forward despite a busted up and bloodied nose....you gotta love that. verdum is obviously working on his striking but he's still primarily a bjj fighter and remains a 2nd tier contender in the heavyweight division. he wasn't in great shape either (gasping for air midway thru the 2nd rd ) and his punches and kicks were slow and telegraphed.

on a side note, it's shocking to consider that these two guys recently beat fedor and cro-cop - both legends of pride. it just goes to show how rapidly mma is evolving and to compete for a ufc world championship, you need ALL the tools - not just bjj, or wrestling, or striking.
Old 02-07-2012, 08:55 AM   #49
country flag allpro

....and yeah, diaz thought he got robbed and acted like a little bitch during the post-fight interview with rogan.

"i don't need this shit anymore, i'm done"
Old 02-07-2012, 09:13 AM   #50
country flag MaxPower

MaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond repute

I think Diaz should have gotten the decision. Doesn't matter that Condit landed a few more strikes. He was clearly backpedaling the whole match and fought not to lose, more than to win.

Sure you can blame Diaz for not being able to pin him down and unload his combos but Condit is just as tall, a great mover and obviously had the gameplan of keeping in constant movement and counterpunch.

Diaz could have rushed in more and tried to clinch or go for takedowns but he clearly wanted a boxing match. Condit wanted to frustrate Diaz and get lucky if he overcommited but that didn't happen.

But to me Condit's gameplan kinda destroyed the entertainment. I think the judges should reward Octagon control more. Also factor in that Diaz had Condit's back which probably should have given him the 5th round and Diaz showed the most will to finish the fight.

I can understand that Diaz is mad because he wasn't hurt at all and he wasn't tired. Condit got the skills to win anyway and is a good finisher but for some reason he didn't want to play ball.

The co-main event was more entertaining and I was impressed by Werdums standup but Roy Nelson is very predictable. In heavyweight i think his only chance is to use his BJJ because he's good at locking people up on the ground with his fat and then punching them out. Obviously against Werdum he didn't want to try that and maybe that's why Werdum was so confident in using knees and kicks. I think Nelson should consider moving down a weightclass because in HW most opponents are so much taller and just picks him apart with jabs and kicks. Maybe he loves his food too much for that but he should give it a chance at least
MaxPower is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 09:20 AM   #51
country flag bad gambler

bad gambler has a reputation beyond reputebad gambler has a reputation beyond reputebad gambler has a reputation beyond reputebad gambler has a reputation beyond reputebad gambler has a reputation beyond reputebad gambler has a reputation beyond reputebad gambler has a reputation beyond reputebad gambler has a reputation beyond reputebad gambler has a reputation beyond reputebad gambler has a reputation beyond reputebad gambler has a reputation beyond repute

Great to see that punk Diaz lose.

But the UFC does lose out on a GSP v Diaz fight which would have had huge hype around it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brentos View Post
have laugh at the people who attended this. Couldn't afford tomic on laver so they settle for this.
bad gambler is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 08:36 PM   #52
country flag allpro

silva vs. sonnen II pre-fight conference call:

Question: Chael has said things like he didn’t know that they had the internet in Brazil, are clearly supposed to be ironic, but did he step over the line when he talked about your wife?

Anderson Silva:
This dude is a criminal! He’s the scum of our sport! This dude doesn’t deserve to be in the UFC! He he’s a guy who had problems with the law in America! A guy who got caught on doping! A guy that doesn’t respect anything! The dude is an imbecile! And on the 7th of July I’m gonna break his entire face and all his teeth! I’m gonna rip all his teeth out of his mouth!

Question: Looking back at that first fight against Chael, do you believe you took him lightly in that fight? Why was it such a difficult fight for you until the fifth round?

Anderson Silva:
Listen, he who lives out from the past are museums. I don’t live in the past. I’m gonna beat him again. There is not much to talk. I’m going to give him a beating! He’s listening, the time for the child to play is over. It doesn’t matter if he keeps saying silly things and whatever else he wants to say now. Talk is over! We are getting closer to the the time of truth! And I’m not hurt, I’m 100%...I’m gonna break his face! I’m gonna expel him from the UFC! He’s gonna have a beating like he never had in his life! I’m gonna beat him so he can learn some manners. I’m gonna give him the beating that his mummy and daddy should have gave him when he was a kid so he can learn some manners! Learn to respect other people and other countries!

Question: In the first fight with Chael, one of the surprising things was how much he outstruck you several times in the fight because you’re considered the top striker in the UFC, so I’m sure you’ll adjust to that. But how will you keep from being underneath him with Chael Sonnen on top of you for the better part of 4 ˝ rounds?

Anderson Silva: Listen, from the bottom, the top, the side, on our feet...I’m going to beat him again. This time he’s gonna get beat up! Beat up! The small talk is over! When we get inside the cage, he’s gonna swallow every one of his teeth! I’m gonna rip tooth from tooth from his mouth. Every one of them! After I finish, a lot of people are going to be scared about the path that our sport is going to take. I’m dedicated, focus, prepared, and most of all, on a mission to make something that anybody did before at the UFC: break every single bone of Sonnen’s body! He’s gonna walk out with his face broken, arms broken, legs broken. I’m gonna break him up entirely. He’s listening. He’s gonna get his ass kicked! He’s gonna get a beatdown! He’ll need a stretch to get out from the octagon!

Question: Anderson, obviously this stuff with Chael has been very personal over the last couple of years, but for you personally, where does this fight rank in your legacy of the sport?

Anderson Silva: He didn’t affect me on my personal life. It’s all business. It’s professional fighting and I’m gonna get his ass kicked and give him a beatdown anyway. He’s gonna learn to respect Brazil, our fighters and the people that made and developed the sport that he practice. And forget about his wrestling. I’m gonna beat him up! Beat him up! I’m gonna break him up! This guy is a thug, a bum, a punk and I’m gonna give him a beating like he never got in his life! I’m gonna beat him because his mother never beat him. Never educated him.

So I’m gonna beat him up, I’m gonna rip his teeth off! I’m gonna break his arms and his legs! This dude will never talk trash about another fighter. I’m gonna break him up! You guys are not understanding what I’m saying, please pay attention, I’m serious, you guys can’t imagine what is going to happen. The time for playing is over! No more playing around! No more mister nice guy! He is going to be beat up! No more talk. Now is time for ass kicking! For brawling! He never had his ass kicked like I’m gonna do!

Question: In the documentary ‘Like Water’, we saw a much different build up to the last fight. What’s the biggest difference in your mindset now, versus let’s say when you were doing that documentary leading into that fight?

Anderson Silva:
It won’t be much different from the last fight. Last time he lost. Now, he’s going to lose and he’ll leave the cage all broken up! He’ll need plastic surgery!

them's fightin' words!.....should be a barnburner along with ortiz/griffin.

Last edited by allpro : 07-03-2012 at 08:46 PM.
Old 07-03-2012, 09:03 PM   #53
country flag Lopez

Lopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond repute

Hope Silva beats that doping punk

Only Del Potro can take him out before the semis, and he won't. Nadal is winning the AO, bet your house on it.
Somewhere out there, there is a homeless person who once took betting advice from GSMnadal
Old 07-03-2012, 09:11 PM   #54
country flag Vinceremo

Vinceremo has a reputation beyond reputeVinceremo has a reputation beyond reputeVinceremo has a reputation beyond reputeVinceremo has a reputation beyond reputeVinceremo has a reputation beyond reputeVinceremo has a reputation beyond reputeVinceremo has a reputation beyond reputeVinceremo has a reputation beyond reputeVinceremo has a reputation beyond reputeVinceremo has a reputation beyond reputeVinceremo has a reputation beyond repute

Didn't know this thread existed! I was a bit surprised at first when I was looking through the Non-Tennis section and didn't see it since I know MMA is very popular in some countries, specially in USA. In Italy, not so much, but it has quite some followers for sure. I've been training Judo since I was 16 (with some JJ) and always liked pretty much all martial arts since when I was very young, my older brother used me as a 'sparring partner' to say it like that (he's an avid 'recreational' kickboxer). Began watching UFC and some Strikeforce events regularly only like a year and a half ago though, difference in time zones suck.

Looking forward to a quick, vicious finish by Silva too.
Old 07-05-2012, 11:25 PM   #55
country flag allpro

you gotta hand it to chael.....the guy's a promotional genius.
Old 07-06-2012, 03:40 AM   #56
country flag Shinoj
Banned!

Shinoj has a reputation beyond reputeShinoj has a reputation beyond reputeShinoj has a reputation beyond reputeShinoj has a reputation beyond reputeShinoj has a reputation beyond reputeShinoj has a reputation beyond reputeShinoj has a reputation beyond reputeShinoj has a reputation beyond reputeShinoj has a reputation beyond reputeShinoj has a reputation beyond reputeShinoj has a reputation beyond repute

I wanna take this MMA Up. Brock Lesnar was very good. Thats all i know.
Shinoj is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 10:13 AM   #57
country flag Burrow

Burrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinoj View Post
I wanna take this MMA Up. Brock Lesnar was very good. Thats all i know.
Not really.
Burrow is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 05:50 PM   #58
country flag Vinceremo

Vinceremo has a reputation beyond reputeVinceremo has a reputation beyond reputeVinceremo has a reputation beyond reputeVinceremo has a reputation beyond reputeVinceremo has a reputation beyond reputeVinceremo has a reputation beyond reputeVinceremo has a reputation beyond reputeVinceremo has a reputation beyond reputeVinceremo has a reputation beyond reputeVinceremo has a reputation beyond reputeVinceremo has a reputation beyond repute

Saw the whole card this morning. Le-Cote was Fight of the Night IMO but I understand why they gave that prize to Tito-Forrest (emotional side for Ortiz's retirement of course). Cung always delivers with his awesome variety of kicks, too bad he's too old to challenge tougher competition and his cardio sucks.

Needless to say, I was mainly looking forward to the main event and the outcome was great! I'm pissed that the referee stopped it so quickly, Chael was done for sure but I wanted Anderson to do some more damage, he was going hard with the ground and pound! Knee to the body did the main damage, it was MEAN
Old 07-09-2012, 10:38 AM   #59
country flag Lopez

Silva proves that he's the best pound for pound fighter in the world... Chael didn't have a chance. Nice to see that idiot lose.

The UFC have two dominating champions at the moment: Silva and Jones. Wonder when one of them will lose? Silva seems more likely simply because of his age.

Old 09-26-2012, 06:52 PM   #60
country flag Clydey
Cutedey

Clydey has a reputation beyond reputeClydey has a reputation beyond reputeClydey has a reputation beyond reputeClydey has a reputation beyond reputeClydey has a reputation beyond reputeClydey has a reputation beyond reputeClydey has a reputation beyond reputeClydey has a reputation beyond reputeClydey has a reputation beyond reputeClydey has a reputation beyond reputeClydey has a reputation beyond repute

My article on the role of religion in MMA.

http://www.h4-entertainment.com/2012...-place-in-mma/