R4: 2009 ACC "The its. like that" 4th Round Completed Results - Page 14 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 12-09-2009, 11:54 AM   #196
country flag Sophocles

Sophocles has a reputation beyond reputeSophocles has a reputation beyond reputeSophocles has a reputation beyond reputeSophocles has a reputation beyond reputeSophocles has a reputation beyond reputeSophocles has a reputation beyond reputeSophocles has a reputation beyond reputeSophocles has a reputation beyond reputeSophocles has a reputation beyond reputeSophocles has a reputation beyond reputeSophocles has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: R4: 2009 ACC "The its. like that" 4th Round Completed Results

Quote:
Originally Posted by Action Jackson View Post
Not a problem to explain it. A range of people get asked to nominate from 1-64 the clowns. Whoever has the highest points, then get seeded according to that.

No R=FK, Glenn Mirnyi (defending champ), theseth, ichiban, Bad Religion hasn't helped at the same time. Next year, posters that are on temp bans will be in the contest and the ones that are permabanned will not be.
Okay thanks. Definitely agree people on temporary bans should be included. They're often going to be the best candidates. As well as the classic clowns you mention, Ditherless would surely have been a contender as well.

But on the seedings - who is this "range of people" & how are they selected?
Advertisement

Old 12-09-2009, 11:57 AM   #197
country flag LocoPorElTenis

LocoPorElTenis has a reputation beyond reputeLocoPorElTenis has a reputation beyond reputeLocoPorElTenis has a reputation beyond reputeLocoPorElTenis has a reputation beyond reputeLocoPorElTenis has a reputation beyond reputeLocoPorElTenis has a reputation beyond reputeLocoPorElTenis has a reputation beyond reputeLocoPorElTenis has a reputation beyond reputeLocoPorElTenis has a reputation beyond reputeLocoPorElTenis has a reputation beyond reputeLocoPorElTenis has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophocles View Post
The seeding committee should at the very least be publicly announced in advance. Everybody has a different judgement, but it's the secrecy of the process that I don't like.

It is clear that seeding has a direct outcome on the contest. Also many people unfamiliar with the posters vote just based on seeding.

munZe konza seeded in the #40s? give me a break, should be top 15 at least.
LocoPorElTenis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 11:58 AM   #198
country flag cobalt60
Pacific Northwest Home

cobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond repute

Travesty There really is no justice in this world
cobalt60 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 12:01 PM   #199
bad gambler

Burrow on a tear, unbackable odds to take this out now
View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 12:03 PM   #200
country flag Sophocles

Sophocles has a reputation beyond reputeSophocles has a reputation beyond reputeSophocles has a reputation beyond reputeSophocles has a reputation beyond reputeSophocles has a reputation beyond reputeSophocles has a reputation beyond reputeSophocles has a reputation beyond reputeSophocles has a reputation beyond reputeSophocles has a reputation beyond reputeSophocles has a reputation beyond reputeSophocles has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by LocoPorElTenis View Post
The seeding committee should at the very least be publicly announced in advance. Everybody has a different judgement, but it's the secrecy of the process that I don't like.

It is clear that seeding has a direct outcome on the contest. Also many people unfamiliar with the posters vote just based on seeding.

munZe konza seeded in the #40s? give me a break, should be top 15 at least.
Exactly, if the seeding committee largely comprised either Nadulltard fangirls or delusional Federer partisans, that would hopelessly skew the result.
Old 12-09-2009, 12:06 PM   #201
country flag Vida

Vida has a reputation beyond reputeVida has a reputation beyond reputeVida has a reputation beyond reputeVida has a reputation beyond reputeVida has a reputation beyond reputeVida has a reputation beyond reputeVida has a reputation beyond reputeVida has a reputation beyond reputeVida has a reputation beyond reputeVida has a reputation beyond reputeVida has a reputation beyond repute

but what would be exact criteria for seeding? how long a poster has posted over the year, how trollish his posts were, or what?
Old 12-09-2009, 12:06 PM   #202
country flag Aloimeh

Aloimeh has a reputation beyond reputeAloimeh has a reputation beyond reputeAloimeh has a reputation beyond reputeAloimeh has a reputation beyond reputeAloimeh has a reputation beyond reputeAloimeh has a reputation beyond reputeAloimeh has a reputation beyond reputeAloimeh has a reputation beyond reputeAloimeh has a reputation beyond reputeAloimeh has a reputation beyond reputeAloimeh has a reputation beyond repute

The problem is that the posts are visible to all before voting is done. Also, some people (e.g. Jimnik) posted preliminary scores, which also subverts this competition. People will then be more likely to vote for the preliminary winner, because they like being on the winning side, or the preliminary loser, because they favor the underdog.

The posts should be hidden until the round is closed, and then the organizers release the scores and the comments.

The biggest problem is that a major troll (GWH/PMK/AJ) is running the seeding.
Aloimeh is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 12:10 PM   #203
country flag Action Jackson
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Action Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophocles View Post
Okay thanks. Definitely agree people on temporary bans should be included. They're often going to be the best candidates. As well as the classic clowns you mention, Ditherless would surely have been a contender as well.

Well it can't all be male and from the same fanbase. As for it being public as to who they are, some have no problem posting their seeding lists in the ACC News thread, others do. Some are general tennis fans, usually the ones who aren't too controversial, though always room for a maverick like Gago for example. Though no matter who it is, there will always be some bitching.

As of next year. Whoever wants out of the competition, doesn't matter where I like them, tolerate them or can't stand them at all. Only thing they need to do is ask, then they will be withdrawn, as long as they don't participate in any of the processes, not that this applies to you of course

Timing was average as well, but that is my fault for that.

Wilander on Dimitrov - "He has mind set on imitating Federer and yes it looks good. But he has no idea what to do on the court".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filo V. View Post
I definitely would have preferred Gaba winning as he needs the points much more, but Jan would have beaten him anyway. I expect Hajek to destroy Machado, like 6-1 6-2.
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Action Jackson is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 12:13 PM   #204
country flag l_mac
I DON'T LIKE DJOKOVIC

l_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond repute

l_mac is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 12:15 PM   #205
country flag Action Jackson
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Action Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond repute

Good campaigning Linda, you have done well.

Wilander on Dimitrov - "He has mind set on imitating Federer and yes it looks good. But he has no idea what to do on the court".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filo V. View Post
I definitely would have preferred Gaba winning as he needs the points much more, but Jan would have beaten him anyway. I expect Hajek to destroy Machado, like 6-1 6-2.
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Action Jackson is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 12:16 PM   #206
country flag Ilovetheblues_86

Ilovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond repute

NadalSharapova is too much of a clown for l_mac

MAY THE SPIRIT OF KOSTAS PROTECT US
Ilovetheblues_86 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 12:18 PM   #207
country flag l_mac
I DON'T LIKE DJOKOVIC

l_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Good campaigning Linda, you have done well.
Better luck next year, Fixer.
Old 12-09-2009, 12:19 PM   #208
country flag l_mac
I DON'T LIKE DJOKOVIC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilovetheblues_86 View Post
NadalSharapova is too much of a clown for l_mac
Exactly.

Congrats on an excellent Championship Georgie
Old 12-09-2009, 12:21 PM   #209
country flag Ilovetheblues_86

Ilovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond repute

I´m just sad for Prima Donna, my favorite mod fighter, but he won´t win in this one.

It must be a Rafatard

Yes Soderking, Burrow won´t win this one.

If Glenn won last year, this year must be someone eles.

FOR GLENNMIRNYI!

MAY THE SPIRIT OF KOSTAS PROTECT US
Ilovetheblues_86 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 12:28 PM   #210
country flag l_mac
I DON'T LIKE DJOKOVIC

Quote:
Well it can't all be male and from the same fanbase. As for it being public as to who they are, some have no problem posting their seeding lists in the ACC News thread, others do. Some are general tennis fans, usually the ones who aren't too controversial, though always room for a maverick like Gago for example. Though no matter who it is, there will always be some bitching.

As of next year. Whoever wants out of the competition, doesn't matter where I like them, tolerate them or can't stand them at all. Only thing they need to do is ask, then they will be withdrawn, as long as they don't participate in any of the processes, not that this applies to you of course

Timing was average as well, but that is my fault for that.
Think it's time for you to step back, tbh, George.

Snoo Foo will be running this next year.