Soderking Interviews, News & Articles Thread - Page 9 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 11-05-2010, 12:37 AM   #121
country flag swedes_rule

swedes_rule has a reputation beyond reputeswedes_rule has a reputation beyond reputeswedes_rule has a reputation beyond reputeswedes_rule has a reputation beyond reputeswedes_rule has a reputation beyond reputeswedes_rule has a reputation beyond reputeswedes_rule has a reputation beyond reputeswedes_rule has a reputation beyond reputeswedes_rule has a reputation beyond reputeswedes_rule has a reputation beyond reputeswedes_rule has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Soderking Interviews, News & Articles Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunzhewyq View Post
Magnus.....

BTW,where can you ask the question to him?on his blog or are you a journalist?

i was at the match and spoke to him in person after it... nothing special
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-05-2010, 12:38 AM   #122
country flag swedes_rule

swedes_rule has a reputation beyond reputeswedes_rule has a reputation beyond reputeswedes_rule has a reputation beyond reputeswedes_rule has a reputation beyond reputeswedes_rule has a reputation beyond reputeswedes_rule has a reputation beyond reputeswedes_rule has a reputation beyond reputeswedes_rule has a reputation beyond reputeswedes_rule has a reputation beyond reputeswedes_rule has a reputation beyond reputeswedes_rule has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
there is a vote for the favorite ATP player in 2010.Let us vote for robin.

here is the link:http://www.atpworldtour.com/Fans/Fan...te-Voting.aspx

just voted it was a tough choice for the doubles favourite though... Lindstedt or Aspelin??
Old 11-05-2010, 09:14 AM   #123
country flag Ad Wim

Ad Wim has a reputation beyond reputeAd Wim has a reputation beyond reputeAd Wim has a reputation beyond reputeAd Wim has a reputation beyond reputeAd Wim has a reputation beyond reputeAd Wim has a reputation beyond reputeAd Wim has a reputation beyond reputeAd Wim has a reputation beyond reputeAd Wim has a reputation beyond reputeAd Wim has a reputation beyond reputeAd Wim has a reputation beyond repute

What's the fuzz? He still has a week off after Brisbane.
Ad Wim is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 09:26 AM   #124
country flag sunzhewyq

sunzhewyq has a reputation beyond reputesunzhewyq has a reputation beyond reputesunzhewyq has a reputation beyond reputesunzhewyq has a reputation beyond reputesunzhewyq has a reputation beyond reputesunzhewyq has a reputation beyond reputesunzhewyq has a reputation beyond reputesunzhewyq has a reputation beyond reputesunzhewyq has a reputation beyond reputesunzhewyq has a reputation beyond reputesunzhewyq has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by swedes_rule View Post
i was at the match and spoke to him in person after it... nothing special
ok,i knew it.last time,in ChinaOpen, i sat next to him,but he looked so serious that i had no courage to talk to him....After the match,i give a picture drew by myself to jenni..
Old 11-05-2010, 10:50 PM   #125
country flag swedes_rule

Quote:
ok,i knew it.last time,in ChinaOpen, i sat next to him,but he looked so serious that i had no courage to talk to him....After the match,i give a picture drew by myself to jenni..

hes very friendly, as long as you dont interrupt him during a point or something... before or after the match im sure he'd talk to you hes really a sweetie
Old 11-06-2010, 02:11 AM   #126
country flag sunzhewyq

sunzhewyq has a reputation beyond reputesunzhewyq has a reputation beyond reputesunzhewyq has a reputation beyond reputesunzhewyq has a reputation beyond reputesunzhewyq has a reputation beyond reputesunzhewyq has a reputation beyond reputesunzhewyq has a reputation beyond reputesunzhewyq has a reputation beyond reputesunzhewyq has a reputation beyond reputesunzhewyq has a reputation beyond reputesunzhewyq has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by swedes_rule View Post
hes very friendly, as long as you dont interrupt him during a point or something... before or after the match im sure he'd talk to you hes really a sweetie
next time (if i can),maybe,i will have a try.....
Old 11-14-2010, 04:53 PM   #127
country flag sunzhewyq

BNP PARIBAS MASTERS PARIS

Soderling Rains On French Parade To Win First Masters 1000 Crown
Paris, France
by ATP Staff

Robin Soderling will go into the Barclays ATP World Tour Finals as one of the favourites after winning his first ATP World Tour Masters 1000 trophy Sunday with a 6-1, 7-6(1) victory over French contender Gael Monfils in the final of the BNP Paribas Masters in Paris-Bercy.

Soderling received 1000 South African Airways 2010 ATP Ranking points as champion and consequently will rise to a career-high World No. 4 on Monday, replacing Great Britain’s Andy Murray. The Tibro native is the first Swede to win one of the coveted ATP World Tour Masters 1000 trophies since Thomas Enqvist defeated Tim Henman in the 2000 Cincinnati final.

“It feels great,” declared two-time Roland Garros runner-up Soderling. “I don't have a very good record in finals, and especially here in Paris. I lost two finals at Roland Garros. Of course it's great to reach the final in a Grand Slam and also in a Masters 1000, but I think a final is that one match you really want to win. I'm really happy that I played well today, and now I'm here winning the title.

“When I won that last point, I just felt so happy and I felt so relieved. I really wanted to win this match so much.”

The 26-year-old Soderling endured a tough road to his first ATP World Tour Masters 1000 final and became the fifth player this year to win an ATP World Tour title after being match point down, having saved three match points against Michael Llodra in the semi-finals.

Against Monfils in the final, Soderling overcame his nerves to race to a one-set lead, only dropping six points on his serve and breaking Monfils’ serve twice in the 26-minute opener. Monfils raised his level for a more even contest in the second set, but in the decisive tie-break Soderling quickly seized the initiative and claimed victory in 77 minutes.

“I was extremely nervous before this match,” confessed Soderling. “I didn't sleep much at all last night. I really wanted to do well today, and I'm really happy the way I started the match. I came out playing really well.

“Then after the first set it was a little bit easier for me, even though he started to play a little bit better. I was a bit more relaxed and I was going for my shots. At the end I think I played a really good tie-break. I'm really happy that I played my best tennis when it really matters.”

Soderling won his second ATP World Tour title of the season and the sixth of his career. Earlier this season, he had triumphed at the indoor event in Rotterdam and reached the Roland Garros final for the second year in a row, losing out to Rafael Nadal. He also finished runner-up on clay in Barcelona and Bastad and has compiled a 56-20 match record.

World No. 14 Monfils was through to the Paris-Bercy final for the second straight year after recording one of the best wins of his career in the semi-finals by saving five match points to defeat No. 2 Roger Federer. He lost out in a third-set tie-break to Novak Djokovic last year.

"I'm in a learning process. Every time I get to a final like this something goes wrong, and this time it was the preparation. I had to rush too much," lamented Monfils. "And also, at one stage in the match I tried to change my plan. I should maybe not have done that and keep with simple things. But I like all this, because it shows that when I will finally win my first [Masters 1000] final, it means I did everything right.

"Yesterday I used up a lot of energy, and today I wasn't able to find the extra stamina that I would have needed to be more competitive."

The 24 year old was bidding to become the fifth different Frenchman to win an ATP World Tour Masters 1000 title (since 1990) and dropped to a 3-10 lifetime mark in ATP World Tour finals. Two weeks ago he won his third title indoors in Montpellier (d. Ljubicic). The Paris native will close his season in three weeks time when he represents France in the Davis Cup final against Serbia in Belgrade.

http://www.atpworldtour.com/News/Ten...000-Title.aspx
Old 11-16-2010, 11:52 AM   #128
country flag sunzhewyq

Round Robin Groups had been announced.

Robin is in Group B,together with R.Federer,A.Murray and D.Ferrer..

Not a very good draw....
Old 11-16-2010, 01:14 PM   #129
country flag misty1
Banned!

misty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond repute

he can bet federer and he's in better form then murray so he's got a 50/50 chance there.

i think the only really bad one there is federer

he's got a better shot at getting out of this group than the djokovic, nadal,berdych, roddick one thats for sure
misty1 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 01:33 PM   #130
country flag sunzhewyq

Quote:
Originally Posted by misty1 View Post
he can bet federer and he's in better form then murray so he's got a 50/50 chance there.

i think the only really bad one there is federer

he's got a better shot at getting out of this group than the djokovic, nadal,berdych, roddick one thats for sure
sorry,i don't think so.D.Ferrer is very good player...the last three match with him can show sth. to us...he has a very good reserve....and makes not too many UEs....the match in china and Valencia can prove this...
Old 11-16-2010, 02:53 PM   #131
country flag AgnRus

AgnRus has a reputation beyond reputeAgnRus has a reputation beyond reputeAgnRus has a reputation beyond reputeAgnRus has a reputation beyond reputeAgnRus has a reputation beyond reputeAgnRus has a reputation beyond reputeAgnRus has a reputation beyond reputeAgnRus has a reputation beyond reputeAgnRus has a reputation beyond reputeAgnRus has a reputation beyond reputeAgnRus has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
sorry,i don't think so.D.Ferrer is very good player...the last three match with him can show sth. to us...he has a very good reserve....and makes not too many UEs....the match in china and Valencia can prove this...
agree...
AgnRus is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 03:33 PM   #132
country flag Ad Wim

Ad Wim has a reputation beyond reputeAd Wim has a reputation beyond reputeAd Wim has a reputation beyond reputeAd Wim has a reputation beyond reputeAd Wim has a reputation beyond reputeAd Wim has a reputation beyond reputeAd Wim has a reputation beyond reputeAd Wim has a reputation beyond reputeAd Wim has a reputation beyond reputeAd Wim has a reputation beyond reputeAd Wim has a reputation beyond repute

Very bad draw. Nadal and Berdych were much easier than Federer and Murray and he got both the wrong ones. And he should beat Ferrer, but he lost to him twice lately.
Very tough group, but if he plays like in Paris he should make the SF.
Ad Wim is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 03:45 PM   #133
country flag I♥PsY@Mus!c

I♥PsY@Mus!c has a reputation beyond reputeI♥PsY@Mus!c has a reputation beyond reputeI♥PsY@Mus!c has a reputation beyond reputeI♥PsY@Mus!c has a reputation beyond reputeI♥PsY@Mus!c has a reputation beyond reputeI♥PsY@Mus!c has a reputation beyond reputeI♥PsY@Mus!c has a reputation beyond reputeI♥PsY@Mus!c has a reputation beyond reputeI♥PsY@Mus!c has a reputation beyond reputeI♥PsY@Mus!c has a reputation beyond reputeI♥PsY@Mus!c has a reputation beyond repute
Wink Re: Soderking Interviews, News & Articles Thread

Thanks for the interview.It's true and as Robin said he didn't have great results in final,honestly I wasn't sure if he could beat Monfils in Paris.But I wasn't as nervous as him,thought he was calm during the match but of course I wanted him to win!Yes he needs this win so badly. I was busy and know it's a bit late to post but when he won I was very over the moon. First time to win a Master Series is like "first time" - such a sweet thing! I'm like a crazy fangirl but let me wild I'm just very happy for him!

Back to RRG topic,oh it's such not a good draw but won't say crappy this time because he has to face top guns,either N or F. Against Federer I have nothing to say,just play his best.But Andy is a bit injured,he's beatable and I think with confidence Robin can beat Ferrer this time,but I agree Ferrer is a good player that no one should underestimate.

Cheer for: Ljubicic Gonzalez Murray Mahut Soderling Tipsarevic Mathieu Simon Muller Tsonga Berdych Kohlschreiber Wawrinka Acasuso Almagro O.Rochus Kiefer...
I♥PsY@Mus!c is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 11:20 PM   #134
country flag Eden
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Eden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond repute

Soderling Finds The X-Factor

DEUCE
by ATP Staff

Robin Soderling won his first ATP World Tour Masters 1000 title on the eve of the Barclays ATP World Tour Finals.

He always had the brutal groundstrokes and thunderous serve. Now that Robin Soderling has the mental toughness, he’ll be hard to stop at this year’s tournament.

The first thing you notice about Robin Soderling is his sheer power. Those who saw the Swede in action at the Barclays ATP World Tour Finals last year, when he reached the semi-finals, will remember how his brutal groundstrokes had opponents constantly scrambling back in defence.

“Aggressive. That’s the way I like to play,” says the 26 year old. “I like to hit hard and make my opponents run. When that’s working, I always get my best results.”

It’s certainly been working throughout this year. Back in February he won the ABN AMRO World Tennis Tournament in Rotterdam. He also reached the quarter-finals at both Wimbledon and the US Open, and advanced to the Roland Garros final for a second straight year. But it was on the eve of the Barclays ATP World Tour Finals that he posted his finest result of the season, winning his first ATP World Tour Masters 1000 title at the BNP Paribas Masters. Surely it’s only a matter of time before he gets a Grand Slam title under his belt?

“Soderling has improved a lot of things in his game,” says Bjorn Borg, another Swede who knows a thing of two about success in the majors. “He’s ready to win a Grand Slam tournament. He’s always going to be one of the favourites to win.”

Along with Stefan Edberg, Mats Wilander and Thomas Enqvist, Borg is one of the Swedish legends whose shoes Soderling is trying hard to fill. “I had a few idols when I was younger, especially all the Swedish guys,” Soderling remembers. “There were so many when I grew up. There was always someone to watch and always someone who played well. They inspired me a lot.”

Soderling was born and grew up in the small town of Tibro, which lies between Sweden’s two big lakes Vattern and Vanern, in the south of the country. His father Bo is a lawyer, his mother Britt-Inge a housewife, and his older sister Sandra a teacher. Soderling first took up tennis at the age of five. He remembers cycling to and from his local tennis courts, even during the harsh winters.

His childhood friend, the current Swedish doubles specialist Johan Brunstrom, recalls how, even as a youngster, Soderling used to fight really hard on the court. “In his age group there were three or four guys who were fighting big time against each other every time they played,” he says. “Robin came out on top of these battles most of the time. I think that created a big confidence from an early stage which helped a lot throughout juniors and on to the pro tour.”

Another Swedish player who remembers how strong Soderling was as a youngster is former Top 10 player, Joachim Johansson. “He was very competitive and took his own way,” he says. “Robin does not fear anyone. This is a strength that he has had all his life. Even when he was 10 and 12 years old, he always had the feeling that he could be No. 1.”

But Soderling has had to work very hard to harness his power game. His coach, former World No. 2 Magnus Norman, reveals how together they have improved Soderling’s mental game.

“In the past he was throwing away matches that he should have won,” he says. “He was affected by the wind, spectators, by things that he could not control. What I was trying to do when I took over was to change his mentality, make it a strength.

“But in the beginning we had a rough time together. We were talking a lot, spending a lot of time together. I am sure he was sick of hearing my voice. But Soderling is very eager to learn new things, and he is an analyst. Sometimes he comes back to me and says: ‘I don’t really agree with you. Tell me why you think that?’ Then we discuss it more and more until we both agree on a plan.”

Soderling hasn’t always been the most popular player on the circuit. He once even admitted he didn’t join the ATP World Tour to make new friends. His coach is well aware that sometimes his protégé’s character can appear as hard as his groundstrokes. “Robin has a very strong personality,” he says. “You have to develop a feeling when to approach him. But he is more open now than in the past. Expectations have changed a lot. Very interesting to see how he handles the pressure.”

And there will certainly be a huge amount of pressure here at the Barclays ATP World Tour Finals. Last year, on his debut at the season finale, he narrowly lost in the semi-finals to Juan Martin del Potro, in a third set tie-break.

“Hopefully I can take that experience and do even better this time,” Soderling says positively. “There are only eight players, and you play against the world’s best, so every match you play could be like a Grand Slam final. I will have to be ready from the first match.”

Story reproduced with permission from the official Barclays ATP World Tour Finals tournament program.
Order your copy online: http://merchandise.theo2.co.uk/

Source: http://www.atpworldtour.com/News/DEU...Soderling.aspx
Eden is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2010, 03:38 AM   #135
country flag sunzhewyq

Soderling Comfortable With Life As A Top Player
London, England
by James Buddell | 19.11.2010

Robin Soderling, the leading indoor specialist in the Barclays ATP World Tour Finals field, who achieved a career-high No. 4 in the South African Airways 2010 ATP Rankings after his BNP Paribas Masters, insists "a ranking is just a number, but it won’t change anything."

The Swede comes into the London season finale with a 20-4 indoor record over the past 12 months – seven victories more than the nearest of his fellow qualifiers, David Ferrer (13-3). He has a 56-20 match record on the season, highlighted by a second successive runner-up finish at Roland Garros.

“I feel like I’m improving and I like being a top player," said Soderling at the London Marriott Hotel County Hall on Friday. "It is what I have worked hard for. This is where I want to be. It always adds more pressure. I play many more matches now where I am a favourite. I think I have handled it well over the past couple of years.

DEUCE Magazine: Soderling Finds The X-Factor | Buy Finals Tickets

“I’ve always liked to play indoors. Growing up in Sweden, I’ve grown up on the surface so I go into every tournament with confidence. I feel good. I think I have had a good season and been very solid and played well throughout the whole year. The past week, winning my first [ATP World Tour] Masters 1000 title was great and I did it on a pretty similar surface to the one here in London.”

Soderling, who has recovered from a stomach bug, will meet British favourite Andy Murray in the first round robin match on Sunday. The pair has met on four occasions.

“I think every match has been even against Andy, they’ve always been tough matches. Even though three of them were a few years ago, they were close. It will be tough, but it will be close. I’ll have to play well to win. It not, it will be extremely difficult.

“He moves extremely well, returns well and doesn’t give you anything. He is an extremely tough player to play against and you always have to play well to beat him.”

Soderling’s Art of Tennis self-portrait was sold at auction for $5,100 on Thursday night. He admitted, “It was really nice to create it and it was for a good cause. It makes me happy that someone wants to buy it and help Children in Need.”