Soderking Interviews, News & Articles Thread - Page 12 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 03-18-2011, 08:27 PM   #166
country flag AgnRus

AgnRus has a reputation beyond reputeAgnRus has a reputation beyond reputeAgnRus has a reputation beyond reputeAgnRus has a reputation beyond reputeAgnRus has a reputation beyond reputeAgnRus has a reputation beyond reputeAgnRus has a reputation beyond reputeAgnRus has a reputation beyond reputeAgnRus has a reputation beyond reputeAgnRus has a reputation beyond reputeAgnRus has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Soderking Interviews, News & Articles Thread

Robin Soderling Charity

“Robin Söderling stiftelse” is a charity founded by Robin Soderling. It is dedicated to supporting research in Sweden to cure children’s diseases, fund treatments for children with terminal illness, and help children to improve their lives. The foundation is still in the developmental stages, but you will be able to learn more in the upcoming weeks at Soderling's website www.robinsoderling.se.

“I am fortunate enough to be healthy and have sport as my profession" said Soderling. "I fight on the court to win matches but there are many children in the world who have to fight every day to stay alive. I cannot imagine what they and their families have to go through and if I can make a small difference to better their situation, it would mean the world to me.“

http://www.atpworldtour.com/News/Ten...g-charity.aspx
AgnRus is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-19-2011, 03:57 AM   #167
country flag sunzhewyq

sunzhewyq has a reputation beyond reputesunzhewyq has a reputation beyond reputesunzhewyq has a reputation beyond reputesunzhewyq has a reputation beyond reputesunzhewyq has a reputation beyond reputesunzhewyq has a reputation beyond reputesunzhewyq has a reputation beyond reputesunzhewyq has a reputation beyond reputesunzhewyq has a reputation beyond reputesunzhewyq has a reputation beyond reputesunzhewyq has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by AgnRus View Post
Robin Soderling Charity

“Robin Söderling stiftelse” is a charity founded by Robin Soderling. It is dedicated to supporting research in Sweden to cure children’s diseases, fund treatments for children with terminal illness, and help children to improve their lives. The foundation is still in the developmental stages, but you will be able to learn more in the upcoming weeks at Soderling's website www.robinsoderling.se.

“I am fortunate enough to be healthy and have sport as my profession" said Soderling. "I fight on the court to win matches but there are many children in the world who have to fight every day to stay alive. I cannot imagine what they and their families have to go through and if I can make a small difference to better their situation, it would mean the world to me.“

http://www.atpworldtour.com/News/Ten...g-charity.aspx
so proud of Robin,meanwhile,i hope he is out of illness
Old 03-29-2011, 05:48 AM   #168
country flag sunzhewyq

sunzhewyq has a reputation beyond reputesunzhewyq has a reputation beyond reputesunzhewyq has a reputation beyond reputesunzhewyq has a reputation beyond reputesunzhewyq has a reputation beyond reputesunzhewyq has a reputation beyond reputesunzhewyq has a reputation beyond reputesunzhewyq has a reputation beyond reputesunzhewyq has a reputation beyond reputesunzhewyq has a reputation beyond reputesunzhewyq has a reputation beyond repute

J. DEL POTRO/R. Soderling

6 3, 6 2

An interview with:

ROBIN SODERLING

THE MODERATOR: Questions, please.

Q. I'm from Mexico, Robin. How do you feel about the tournament? I understand that it was a difficult match, and I would like to know your perception about playing the first match and having such a difficult match against Del Potro?

ROBIN SODERLING: Well, I don't think it mattered who I played. You know, it's a matter of just me not playing good at all right now. I mean, I struggled really much for two tournaments now, and it's been really tough. So I definitely not playing good tennis right now.

Q. How is the situation, how is your perception coming into the clay season? How do you feel after a difficult two tournaments in the hard court season?

ROBIN SODERLING: Yeah, well, you know, I always like to play on clay. It's a surface where I have played well before and I have good results. Hopefully I can work pretty well now for a couple of weeks, and then, you know, at the start of clay I be playing good.

Q. Obviously Juan Martin, that's a tough floater third round; that should be a final. Were you prepared for such a tough match so early in the tournament?

ROBIN SODERLING: Yeah, I'm always prepared for tough matches. You know, I know anyone can be a danger, you know. I have to play well every match to have a chance to win, which I didn't do. And then that's why I'm here with a loss.

Q. Did he show you something today that you haven't seen from him since the wrist surgery? Was this the old Juan Martin maybe from two years ago?

ROBIN SODERLING: Well, I don't know. I haven't seen him play since his comeback. I played him at the end of 2009, and we had a tough match. I'm not sure. You know, obviously he's playing well. I wish I could have played a little bit better.

Q. Was the weather a factor for you today at all?

ROBIN SODERLING: Why? Why?

Q. The weather?

ROBIN SODERLING: The weather why?

Q. The heat

ROBIN SODERLING: No. No, I mean, it's been like this every day. I played good here before, so it was fine.

Q. In February you played very solid, two tournament wins. I have the feeling players just tried everything against, but you just won all your matches. What's the difference now?

ROBIN SODERLING: Well, I played 10 times better then. That's the biggest difference now. The indoor tournaments I play really well. I didn't miss at all; I was serving well; moving well now. I'm not doing any of that, you know. But I had some tough times after Marseilles. I got sick, and, you know, I have some small injuries which I struggled with for a while. I haven't been able to practice the way I wanted to. But, you know, again, I wish I played a little bit better, at least.

Q. What was wrong? Was it just technical or anything else bothering you?

ROBIN SODERLING: No, I'm not playing well. I'm not feeling well. I'm not moving well. I'm not serving well. You know, my serve is normally my biggest weapon. I'm not serving well. My backhand is not good. There are a lot of things I need to work on.
Old 04-10-2011, 12:45 PM   #169
country flag DanaKz

DanaKz has a reputation beyond reputeDanaKz has a reputation beyond reputeDanaKz has a reputation beyond reputeDanaKz has a reputation beyond reputeDanaKz has a reputation beyond reputeDanaKz has a reputation beyond reputeDanaKz has a reputation beyond reputeDanaKz has a reputation beyond reputeDanaKz has a reputation beyond reputeDanaKz has a reputation beyond reputeDanaKz has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.tennisworldusa.org/online...s_Magazine.php Tennis World USA Online Magazine made a great interview with Claudio! You have to navigate to page 30 or something like that.
Old 04-10-2011, 01:54 PM   #170
country flag DanaKz

DanaKz has a reputation beyond reputeDanaKz has a reputation beyond reputeDanaKz has a reputation beyond reputeDanaKz has a reputation beyond reputeDanaKz has a reputation beyond reputeDanaKz has a reputation beyond reputeDanaKz has a reputation beyond reputeDanaKz has a reputation beyond reputeDanaKz has a reputation beyond reputeDanaKz has a reputation beyond reputeDanaKz has a reputation beyond repute

I downloaded free pdf version of magazine from website and uploaded on enterupload here http://www.enterupload.com/eu8zptsz6...fline.zip.html It's zipped
Old 04-10-2011, 09:33 PM   #171
country flag Benget

Benget has a reputation beyond reputeBenget has a reputation beyond reputeBenget has a reputation beyond reputeBenget has a reputation beyond reputeBenget has a reputation beyond reputeBenget has a reputation beyond reputeBenget has a reputation beyond reputeBenget has a reputation beyond reputeBenget has a reputation beyond reputeBenget has a reputation beyond reputeBenget has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you DanaKz it was a great read
Lets see what they can do in the clay season!
Benget is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 07:10 AM   #172
country flag sunzhewyq

WOW, it is really a pretty good magazine on tennis...very professional and convenient..like it very much。。。

thanks Dana..
Old 05-02-2011, 01:22 PM   #173
country flag Björki
Sitzen ist fürn Arsch

Björki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond repute

Robin split from Pistolesi?

Quote:
Swedish Open Tennis @Facebook
Robin bryter med sin tränare Pistolesi. Rätt eller fel?

Bryans || Djokovic || Paire || Chiudinelli || Nalbandian || Hanley || Rojer || Nadal
Söderling || Verdasco || Wawrinka || Simon || O. Rochus || Leo Mayer

Björkman || Arthurs || Edberg || Rafter || T.Johansson || M.Norman || Aspelin
Björki is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 05:15 PM   #174
country flag sunzhewyq

Soderling splits with coach of five months
Mon, 02 May 09:46:00 2011

Soderling has parted ways with his coach Claudio Pistolesi, just five months after joining forces with the Italian.

Soderling, who was coached by Magnus Norman until December last year, enjoyed a blistering start to the year by winning three of his first four tournaments in Brisbane, Rotterdam and Marseille.

His only ATP loss in the first two months of the season was at the hands of Ukrainian Alexandr Dolgopolov in the fourth round of the Australian Open.

But since then the Swedish world number five has been struggling and last week's straight sets loss to Juan Martin Del Potro in the quarter-finals at Estoril appears to have been the final straw.

"It's true, they will end their co-operation," Soderling's agent Nina Wennerstrom said. "He's an amazingly good coach and Robin respects him a lot.

"There have been many things in their work that has been working very well but there have also been some parts that they have had different points of view.

"They have decided to end this together but they've done it as friends. Robin is proud of what he has achieved but knows that he can get even better. After all, he's just 26.

"We'll be looking at some options and we will make a decision quite soon. It's an intense time of the year with the French Open and lots of other tournaments. We'd like to find a replacement as soon as possible."

Soderling has reached the final of the French Open in each of the past two years, losing to Roger Federer and Rafael Nadal respectively. The Swede also boasts the record of being the first, and so far only, man to beat Nadal at Roland Garros, which he did in 2009.

Pippa Davis / Eurosport

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/020520...ve-months.html
Old 05-06-2011, 03:57 PM   #175
country flag MaxPower

MaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond repute

Hello im pretty new here but long time Söderling fan. I did a little quick translation of an interview with Söderlings new coach Fredrik "Fidde" Rosengren since its only available in swedish.

Q: Why do you take the job as Soderlings new coach?

I've asked that myself. First of all i got the time. It's good timing right now. Then i still like the matches, the adrenaline, the tension. At the same time I don't like the lifestyle that comes with it, the traveling, loneliness in hotel rooms. That's something I do not want. It was a big reason I quit.

Q: How well do you know each other?

I've been following Robin since he came out on tour as a junior. We know each other that way but not on a really close level.

Q: When did you get the question?

Got it first time last year when Magnus Norman stepped down. We had a meeting but at the time i wasn't ready for the traveling. I said no.

Now not long ago he called me again. We talked for an hour or so. I mostly listened. Then he wrote a fantastic mail and I think it's awesome that he himself took contact and not anyone else and then I also know he really wants me. Still I have criticized Robin many times in my job as tennis commentator both to him and about him. I have said some "truths" and still he wants to work with me and then I feel like he might know I was right about some things.

Q: How long did you think about the offer?

Well it's been moving fast, but sure it's been a few sleepness nights. The family is important to me and i needed their support. Also my job here in Växjö TS (town where he works with tennis in Sweden) that has to work as well.

Q: His former coach, Pistolesi, has sometimes been described as somewhat defensive in his way to think about tennis, what about you?

Others should answer that. I just really love tennis no matter what i do, coaching, commentating, teaching the kids in Växsjö and so on. What matters most do me as a coach is that my player(s) believe in me and think i can make them elevate their game. That's what's most important.

Q: What do you think Robin needs to find his top claycourt game?

Tennis on Robin's level is mostly "north of the shoulders". Its about the mental game. Everyone knows how to hit a forehand/backhand. What he needs is harmony and joy, and most importantly to stay healthy. If you are not healthy you don't train well. If you don't train well then you don't play well. The training always mirror your results in matches. The most important part is that we will have fun, talk a lot, and from that we will pull in the same direction otherwise it wont work.

Q: Is it about strength or technique?

No it's not about technique and he already has the strength. It's about being healthy and having fun. At Soderling's level there is immense daily pressure to do well, of course that steals a lot of energy. Then it's important to devote your energy to the right things. It's important to be able to relax. Hey just look...he is number 5 in the world. Then you shouldn't walk around troubled, you should think your life is damn good.

Q: Right now he is playing in Madrid, you are here in Växsjö, when will you meet?

Hopefully on monday in Rome after he has won Madrid (*smiling*). But yeah in Rome and I will be there a week then go back home for some things. Then Paris of course. I will not be full time. I have given Robin a schedule that I think will work well, about 80-90 days until the seasons end. He was happy with that. It feels good, really good.

Q: Robin has been around for quite a while now, had many coaches etc, will you push him or mostly a go-to guy for discussions?

Both. You kinda asked me before what kind of style I have as a trainer. I'm very straight with my players. I say what I think. That doesn't mean I'm always right but my aim will always be to help Robin improve. I never go to sleep at night not having said something because I'm afraid to lose my job or such things. I don't care about that at all and then he can fire me. I have to say what i think and believe and Robin can sort it out or say he disagree. Then it wont be any problem. You don't have to agree with each other on everything but just pull in the same direction and if we decide on something go for it and make it work.

The original interview (swedish) http://svtplay.se/v/2414940/tennis/_...att_vi_har_kul
MaxPower is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 05:52 PM   #176
country flag Björki
Sitzen ist fürn Arsch

Björki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you.

Bryans || Djokovic || Paire || Chiudinelli || Nalbandian || Hanley || Rojer || Nadal
Söderling || Verdasco || Wawrinka || Simon || O. Rochus || Leo Mayer

Björkman || Arthurs || Edberg || Rafter || T.Johansson || M.Norman || Aspelin
Björki is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 07:15 PM   #177
country flag sunzhewyq

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxPower View Post
Hello im pretty new here but long time Söderling fan. I did a little quick translation of an interview with Söderlings new coach Fredrik "Fidde" Rosengren since its only available in swedish.

Q: What do you think Robin needs to find his top claycourt game?

Tennis on Robin's level is mostly "north of the shoulders". Its about the mental game. Everyone knows how to hit a forehand/backhand. What he needs is harmony and joy, and most importantly to stay healthy. If you are not healthy you don't train well. If you don't train well then you don't play well. The training always mirror your results in matches. The most important part is that we will have fun, talk a lot, and from that we will pull in the same direction otherwise it wont work.
Hi,welcome here...i like that viewpoint..cannot agree any more.
Old 05-07-2011, 07:23 PM   #178
country flag AgnRus

AgnRus has a reputation beyond reputeAgnRus has a reputation beyond reputeAgnRus has a reputation beyond reputeAgnRus has a reputation beyond reputeAgnRus has a reputation beyond reputeAgnRus has a reputation beyond reputeAgnRus has a reputation beyond reputeAgnRus has a reputation beyond reputeAgnRus has a reputation beyond reputeAgnRus has a reputation beyond reputeAgnRus has a reputation beyond repute

MaxPower, many thanks and wellcome!
I hope you will help us with translations from Swedish!
AgnRus is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 11:50 PM   #179
country flag MaxPower

MaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by AgnRus View Post
MaxPower, many thanks and wellcome!
I hope you will help us with translations from Swedish!
Thank you. Yes I will probably drop in every now and then with some interesting translations for his international fans.

Robin has said himself that he is usually a bit more open in his swedish interviews. He was more open with the ATP interviews before but that sort of backfired on him around 2006-2008 and some people thought he was arrogant while in reality he is a really friendly guy. Just very competitive...

Media also blows things up like the rivalry he had with Nadal following that crazy wimbledon 5-seter in 2007. It wasn't good for Robin and he has become smarter since then. But also more boring with media
MaxPower is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 04:27 AM   #180
country flag sunzhewyq

Somdev Devvarman has a great future: Soderling
From Times of India

BANGALORE: Robin Soderling, the 26-year-old Swede, finalist at Roland Garros last year and ranked No. 5 in the world, is looking to close in on the big guys this season.

Having started the year with three titles - Brisbane, Rotterdam and Marseille - he has sent out warnings that he's ready to step up for a big title.

Seeded fifth in the ATP World Tour's Masters 1000 event in Rome, in what will be his last big tournament before the French Open, Soderling spoke to TOI about his form and chances in a telephone interview.

Excerpts:

You've been ranked close to the top for sometime now

I have the game to be at the top of the rankings. I have played some very good tennis and beaten some great players. The ranking is a reflection of where you stand in the game. What I need to do to get to the next level is to be consistent, to consistently play at the level where I can compete with the top guys in big matches.

Which of the four Grand Slams are closest to your heart?

When I started out, I never thought I would reach my first Grand Slam final on clay (at Roland Garros in '09 and then again in '10). That's the way it turned out. I think I can do well in all four majors, my game suits all the surfaces. Still, Paris is special because of the success I have had there and I think my best chance to win a Grand Slam is at Roland Garros.

Can you talk a little about the rise of Novak Djokovic?

It's really too early in the season to be talking about who might finish the year as No. 1, but for sure Novak is playing great tennis and as things stand now, he is playing the best tennis on the Tour. However, there's still a lot of tennis left to be played this year, there are three Grand Slams still to go. It's too early to make that call.

Have you watched Somdev Devvarman play?

I haven't played him in a tournament, but I watched him play in Miami, where he did very well. He's a great player. He's very quick around the court, he's consistent too and he has had some really good results this season. If he improves a small part of his game, he's going to be very difficult to beat. I think he has a great future.