~* Robin & Jenni Love and Engagement*~ and Robin Off-Court Thread - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 12-03-2009, 04:49 AM   #1
country flag Nolby
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Nolby has a reputation beyond reputeNolby has a reputation beyond reputeNolby has a reputation beyond reputeNolby has a reputation beyond reputeNolby has a reputation beyond reputeNolby has a reputation beyond reputeNolby has a reputation beyond reputeNolby has a reputation beyond reputeNolby has a reputation beyond reputeNolby has a reputation beyond reputeNolby has a reputation beyond repute
Default ~* Robin & Jenni Love and Engagement*~ and Robin Off-Court Thread

Robin & Jenni and Engagement Thread

It has been reported that Robin and Jenni Mostrom are engaged, although I have yet to discover a wedding date. I am going to start off this thread with a newspaper article interview taken by Svd in Sweden right after Robin's Finalist appearance at the French Open. They refer to Jenni as Robin's fiancee in the article and it has some great photos of Robin and Jenni.

(NOTE: I will focus on Jenni photos after this introduction as per request and specifically begin with photos from her French Open blog, and hopefully the blog entries if I can find them. Then there are a ton of Twitter photos since then....***)

Longing for the Good Life
Publicerad: 8 juni 2009, 19.59
SvD www.svd.se

Now, Robin Soderling landed after his stunning Paris adventure. In the private jet he entered the airport where the praise for the tennis hero continued. SvD was the only newspaper in the little over two hours long flight and Robin talks openly about his feelings.

Robin Soderling took a private jet home from Paris. The Tennis star with his fiancee Jenni Moström, physical coach Ali Ghelem and coach Magnus Norman prior to departure.

Everything begins to sink in now. "When you are in the middle of it, you don't think about it at all, "said Robin as he finished the last bite of lunch.

With Robin in the plane is his fiancee, Jenni Mostrom, coach Magnus Norman, physical coach Ali Ghelem, financier Risto Silander, photographer Arne Forsell, SvD's envoy and Christer Hulth representative of the Swedish Open, who financed the trip so that Robin had an exclusive journey home.

He sits in a beautifully laid-back leather chair and enjoys his lunch in chairs dissimilar to what he or the rest of us associate with air travel. If it was always like this, the long trips would not be so hard.

So now you get private jets for all your tournaments?

Robin laughs.

"This is the first and perhaps last time I get the chance and it's great to have one. But otherwise it's not really my style" says the earthy 24-year-old from Tibro and smiles.

He will have many years left in his career, but admits that his thoughts sometimes revolve around the lives of professional life.

"At the holidays and not to have a really solid place for home makes me increasingly long for the good life," says Robin, looking towards his girlfriend Jenni Moström in the armchair opposite.

"When she is not traveling with me it feels like just another day in the week, but when she is with me, one weeks feels like a day."

It was one day after his first Grand Slam final that he came to Le Bourget airport in Paris, and it was clear that Robin is now an international celebrity, even outside the tennis circuit. It was here that Charles Lindberg landed after his historic solo flight across the Atlantic in 1927, and today it was also Robin's turn to bring great attention to this historic site.

He signed some autographs and posed next to some other travelers who with their small digital cameras wanted to be immortalized next to the tennis world's new star.

Now that you're a celebrity and you have created tennis fever in Sweden - how does it feel?

"I think it's enormously fun for Swedish tennis, really. But for me personally? No, well, I have never had the need to be visible and so but it is certainly nice to get appreciation for what I did.

Even if he does not read any newspapers during the tournament, has Robin found out the impact of his Paris success in Sweden?

"When I called Mom, she told that there were people and photographers outside their house and that the papers had written quite a bit about it.

His mother, Britt-Inger and father Bo have collected newspaper clippings since Robin was a toddler.

"First things written about me were in the Skaraborg County Allehanda specific to the Tibro page and then when I won the junior-SM I ended up on the sports pages, where the news front is a bit larger. Then I was really proud, "says Robin, looking out the window when the plane was landing at Arlanda.

There waiting on the ground were two TV crews to get to do interviews with Robin. Later in the afternoon he held a press conference at his fitness gym and on Tuesday, Sweden's new tennis hero will be on TV's morning sofa.
-------------------
***Note: The blog is no longer available. I am searching the site and seeing if any of it has been archived.
Baggy: 2010 Sydney Champion
Gulbis: 2010 Delray Beach Champion
Del Pony: 2009 U.S. Open Champion (Please come back! )
======================================

Last edited by Nolby : 12-03-2009 at 08:55 AM.
Nolby is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-03-2009, 05:40 AM   #2
country flag Nolby
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Nolby has a reputation beyond reputeNolby has a reputation beyond reputeNolby has a reputation beyond reputeNolby has a reputation beyond reputeNolby has a reputation beyond reputeNolby has a reputation beyond reputeNolby has a reputation beyond reputeNolby has a reputation beyond reputeNolby has a reputation beyond reputeNolby has a reputation beyond reputeNolby has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ~* Robin & Jenni Love*~ and Robin Off-Court Thread

Here is a picture of Jenni cheering on Robin at the French Open Final:

Old 12-03-2009, 06:19 AM   #3
country flag Nolby
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

I am able to find the first few sentences of her old blog archived, but the blog itself appears to be missing! If anyone saved the entries or knows of a place where they have been archived, please post them as they tell so much of the story of her studies and the French Open transformation they went through. The photos from the blog are still available.

Part 1

Enjoy!!!

Old 12-03-2009, 06:37 AM   #4
country flag Nolby
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Part 2 of Photos from Jenni's Blog

Last edited by Nolby : 12-04-2009 at 12:01 AM.
Old 12-03-2009, 06:43 AM   #5
country flag Nolby
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Jenni was reported as Robin's Fiancee during Wimbledon. If so, I need to check her tweets to see if a day has been set.

The Championships - Wimbledon 2009 Day Seven

WIMBLEDON, ENGLAND - JUNE 29: Jennie Mostrom, fiancee of Robin Soderling, arrives prior his men's singles fourth round match against Roger Federer of Switzerland on Day Seven of the Wimbledon Lawn Tennis Championships at the All England Lawn Tennis and Croquet Club on June 29, 2009 in London, England.
Old 12-03-2009, 06:56 AM   #6
country flag Nolby
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Last one for today. This is fascinating because it is Jenni and friends at the Plaza Club celebration over three years ago in 8/11/2006.
http://www.sthlmsfinest.com

I haven't even touched the Twitter entries and photos or other articles yet.

Jenni is the one on the right:

Frida Henriksson, Elin Johansson & Jenny Moström -The Plaza Club, August 11, 2006
Old 12-03-2009, 09:45 AM   #7
country flag Elena.

Elena. has a reputation beyond reputeElena. has a reputation beyond reputeElena. has a reputation beyond reputeElena. has a reputation beyond reputeElena. has a reputation beyond reputeElena. has a reputation beyond reputeElena. has a reputation beyond reputeElena. has a reputation beyond reputeElena. has a reputation beyond reputeElena. has a reputation beyond reputeElena. has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ~* Robin & Jenni Love and Engagement*~ and Robin Off-Court Thread

Cute and lucky girl,how yummy is her boyfriend
Elena. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 11:09 PM   #8
country flag Dini

Dini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond repute

She's really sweet. They make a lovely couple.

Thanks for posting the pics and opening the thread, Tim.
Dini is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 08:17 AM   #9
country flag Nolby
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infini. View Post
She's really sweet. They make a lovely couple.

Thanks for posting the pics and opening the thread, Tim.
Thanks, Nadine. It gives me something creative and positive to do while the season is so slow and my work is so dull.
Old 12-04-2009, 09:22 AM   #10
country flag Nolby
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

The Twitter Entries (Up To the U.S. Open)

Jenni's Twitter Picture from the French Open, 2009

In Bastad, new house with a pool, after Wimbledon. Jenni: "Beautiful morning here in Bĺstad. My parents will be here in a few hours. Fun fun fun! :-)" (July 16, 2009)

Jenni was reading the Twilight saga, "Breaking Dawn" and "Eclipse". Jenni: "Join the dark side - we have cookies! I wish the rain would stop...pronto." (July 18th)

"Just landed here in Hamburg. Love this city!" (July 21, 2009)

Jenni: "Robin has a new best friend called Mr. MacBook. I wish I was him sometimes, getting to sit in R's lap...all the time! ;-)" (July 23, 2009)

Jenni: "R is not here...so instead of dinner & candy I'm out for a run. The only pro of having a missing bf." (July 29, 2009)

Jenni: "heading downtown. Sofie's waiting. toodles " (July 30, 2009)

Jenni: "my cat. she doesn't like to pose for pictures." (August 4, 2009)

Jenni: "lunch with the bride-to-be" (August 4, 2009)

This is at Kings Island in Mason, OH, USA, For Cincinnati Masters. Jenni: "crazy roller coasters & drop towers...I was scared to death! How come I was so much cooler when I was 8?!!" (August 20, 2009)

Jenni: "packing. leaving for NYC this afternoon. can't wait!!!" (August 21, 2009)
Old 12-04-2009, 08:19 PM   #11
country flag Dini

Dini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sodal View Post

Jenni: "heading downtown. Sofie's waiting. toodles " (July 30, 2009)

Jenni: "my cat. she doesn't like to pose for pictures." (August 4, 2009)
Her cat may not like to pose for pictures but Jenni is really photogenic in my opinion. Gotta love twitter and the like. Fun times.

In that pic with cat I actually for a split second thought she looked a bit like Robin minus the dimples.
Old 12-05-2009, 09:59 AM   #12
country flag Nolby
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infini. View Post
Her cat may not like to pose for pictures but Jenni is really photogenic in my opinion. Gotta love twitter and the like. Fun times.

In that pic with cat I actually for a split second thought she looked a bit like Robin minus the dimples.
about the dimples, Infini.

Speaking of the dimples, did you ever read that article by a former Soderking Hater turned Soderking Fan dootsiez at the great blog, All I Need is a Picket Fence: http://allineedisapicketfence.wordpr...man-in-tennis/?

I'll reprint the blog entry for you, but it sounds like the "dimples" converted this person:

The Most Misunderstood Man in Tennis
http://allineedisapicketfence.wordpress.com/2009/10/09/picspam-the-most-misunderstood-man-in-tennis/
Posted on 9, October, 2009 by dootsiez
from the blog All I Need is a Picket Fence

"I am sold, folks. HOW CAN YOU RESIST THE DIMPLES?

And the wrinkly eyes?!"

Of course, the Dimpled One got a few Kungfu tips too.

LOOK AT HIM GO!"

"I can’t believe I started the year hating Sod, thinking he was the biggest wanker in tennis. He was a little misunderstood, that’s all.

Really, he’s just a dork."

"And a dork who’s through to the Beijing semis after defeating Ljuby 76 64. It was was a sound serving display from the Sod, who cruised on serve and only had to face one break point. Should he continue in this form, he’s got more than a chance against Novak Djokovic.

11/30/09
"Last but not least, I started 2009 thinking Robin Soderling looked like an oversized rodent and ended the year calling him a series of mushy nicknames: Sodercakes, Dimples, le Sod, le Swedish God with a sexy Bod …

No peeps, Sodders is not evil reincarnate. He’s just a little misunderstood, a little dorky and a bad yoker."

And that’s the wrap from WTF,

xx doots"

Last edited by Nolby : 12-05-2009 at 10:06 AM.
Old 12-05-2009, 12:18 PM   #13
country flag Dini

Hehe, funny girl. I think Robin has allowed people to see this other side of his personality and along with his recent success, he's managed to convert a lot of people and make them warm up to him, and deservedly so. That picture with the suit came as a pleasant surprise when I first saw it, he carries it off gloriously.
Old 12-06-2009, 01:33 PM   #14
country flag AgnRus

AgnRus has a reputation beyond reputeAgnRus has a reputation beyond reputeAgnRus has a reputation beyond reputeAgnRus has a reputation beyond reputeAgnRus has a reputation beyond reputeAgnRus has a reputation beyond reputeAgnRus has a reputation beyond reputeAgnRus has a reputation beyond reputeAgnRus has a reputation beyond reputeAgnRus has a reputation beyond reputeAgnRus has a reputation beyond repute

2009-05-22 from aftonbladet.se
AgnRus is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009, 01:34 PM   #15
country flag AgnRus

AgnRus has a reputation beyond reputeAgnRus has a reputation beyond reputeAgnRus has a reputation beyond reputeAgnRus has a reputation beyond reputeAgnRus has a reputation beyond reputeAgnRus has a reputation beyond reputeAgnRus has a reputation beyond reputeAgnRus has a reputation beyond reputeAgnRus has a reputation beyond reputeAgnRus has a reputation beyond reputeAgnRus has a reputation beyond repute

2009-06-08 from aftonbladet.se
AgnRus is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote