Jack Sock - Page 6 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 02-15-2012, 01:32 AM   #76
country flag Smoke944

Smoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Jack Sock

Quote:
Originally Posted by SapELee View Post
Jack lost to Denis in three sets. One word: pathetic. Unforced errors spraying everywhere. Sloppy footwork, sloppy point constructions (or lack of), sloppy at the net, poor decision making, just about everything was bad saved the serve . It seemed that his backhand is getting worse and worse, needs a lot of work if he wants to take the next step. He can't keep running around it forever. He is still young, and in some truth, kinda raw compared to pros his age since he took the high school route.
Couldn't have said it better, really. Don't know if I have seen Jack play that badly before.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHB View Post
Since it was a close match, Kudla must not have been much better.
Well, Jack's serve let him hang around in the second when Denis was winning most of the rallies.
Advertisement

Old 02-15-2012, 01:33 AM   #77
country flag SapELee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

SapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHB View Post
Since it was a close match, Kudla must not have been much better.
Denis didn't play that well either. That match was horrible from spectators' standpoint. Very sloppy, alot of UES from both ends.
SapELee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 01:35 AM   #78
country flag SapELee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

SapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoke944 View Post
Couldn't have said it better, really. Don't know if I have seen Jack play that badly before.

Well, Jack's serve let him hang around in the second when Denis was winning most of the rallies.
Very true, Denis did play well in the beginning but as the match wore on it was unbearable for me. At one point, I was like Denis please end this; I can't take it anymore .
Old 02-15-2012, 03:00 AM   #79
country flag SapELee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Default Doubles Exhibition with McEnroe

Brief highlight @ 1:20

Quote:
The evening session featured a doubles exhibition featuring the generational pairing of John McEnroe and Jack Sock against Frenchman Gael Monfils and 2011 NCAA champion Steve Johnson. The foursome put on a spectacular display of shot making in front of San Jose tennis fans, with the American duo coming out on top 6-4, 6-4. Afterwards, McEnroe said that he believes his 19-year-old partner has the potential to reach the top 10 in the ATP rankings. Sock found playing with McEnroe such a privilege that he kidded afterwards that Sam Querrey, his doubles partner from earlier in the day, had been replaced. McEnroe, who last played the SAP Open six years ago said, “San Jose has been awesome”, as the crowd serenaded him with Happy Birthday for his soon to be 53rd birthday. Despite the loss, Monfils proclaimed himself to be, “very happy to be back and ready” for 2012 edition of the SAP Open.

Link

Last edited by SapELee : 02-15-2012 at 03:06 AM.
Old 02-15-2012, 03:15 AM   #80
country flag SapELee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Old 02-15-2012, 09:28 PM   #81
country flag SapELee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Old 02-15-2012, 09:37 PM   #82
country flag SapELee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Old 02-16-2012, 09:44 PM   #83
country flag SapELee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Jack received a wildcard into Memphis. I'm not sure how I feel about that especially since he is hurt and playing poorly at the moment. Maybe he needs to drop doubles for a while to lessen playing time.
Old 02-17-2012, 12:35 AM   #84
country flag jcempire

jcempire has a reputation beyond reputejcempire has a reputation beyond reputejcempire has a reputation beyond reputejcempire has a reputation beyond reputejcempire has a reputation beyond reputejcempire has a reputation beyond reputejcempire has a reputation beyond reputejcempire has a reputation beyond reputejcempire has a reputation beyond reputejcempire has a reputation beyond reputejcempire has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Jack received a wildcard into Memphis. I'm not sure how I feel about that especially since he is hurt and playing poorly at the moment. Maybe he needs to drop doubles for a while to lessen playing time.
pretty much agree with you

Nadal Nadal Nadal
jcempire is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 03:38 AM   #85
country flag SapELee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

He drew Ryan Harrison in the first round of Memphis . Oh well, hoping that he will put more effort into this match.
Old 02-18-2012, 03:43 AM   #86
country flag Smoke944

Smoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond repute

The injury definitely explains how he was playing.
Old 02-18-2012, 04:02 AM   #87
country flag SapELee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoke944 View Post
The injury definitely explains how he was playing.
Yeah I know, still I want a competitive match where he at least try to construct points...however, I do understand if he chooses to keep them short because of the injury. Sigh, what a bad timing to get hurt, when he is in position to get these wildcards.
Old 02-22-2012, 10:07 PM   #88
country flag SapELee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

R. HARRISON (USA) [WC] def. J. SOCK (USA) [WC] 63 26 64

Hoping for an easier opponent next time .
Old 02-23-2012, 12:21 AM   #89
country flag jcempire

jcempire has a reputation beyond reputejcempire has a reputation beyond reputejcempire has a reputation beyond reputejcempire has a reputation beyond reputejcempire has a reputation beyond reputejcempire has a reputation beyond reputejcempire has a reputation beyond reputejcempire has a reputation beyond reputejcempire has a reputation beyond reputejcempire has a reputation beyond reputejcempire has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
R. HARRISON (USA) [WC] def. J. SOCK (USA) [WC] 63 26 64

Hoping for an easier opponent next time .
I hope him improve ....

Nadal Nadal Nadal
jcempire is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 02:33 PM   #90
country flag SapELee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Jack gets Greg Jones, the young Aussie, in the first round of San Jose Q. If I remember correctly, Jones beat him last year in the Dallas Challenger. Good luck Jack.