Jack Sock - Page 27 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 05-31-2013, 01:21 AM   #391
country flag SapELee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

SapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Jack Sock

Tennis Channel Interview: http://www.tennischannel.com/video/v...mElby-G&lid=1&

Tennis Account: https://twitter.com/ARhyneMoment
Youtube Channel: youtube.com/SapELee485
Rhyne's Picture Thread
Rhyne Williams FB Updates
SapELee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-31-2013, 09:34 PM   #392
country flag SapELee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

SapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond repute

Lost 67 26 57

Replay: http://espn.go.com/watchespn/player/...ize/condensed/

Rhyne's Picture Thread
Old 05-31-2013, 11:45 PM   #393
country flag SapELee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

http://www.rolandgarros.com/en_FR/ne...002627521.html

Rhyne's Picture Thread
Old 06-01-2013, 08:18 AM   #394
country flag BackhandDTL

BackhandDTL has a reputation beyond reputeBackhandDTL has a reputation beyond reputeBackhandDTL has a reputation beyond reputeBackhandDTL has a reputation beyond reputeBackhandDTL has a reputation beyond reputeBackhandDTL has a reputation beyond reputeBackhandDTL has a reputation beyond reputeBackhandDTL has a reputation beyond reputeBackhandDTL has a reputation beyond reputeBackhandDTL has a reputation beyond reputeBackhandDTL has a reputation beyond repute

Great article on Sock written after his win over GGL. It discusses the way in which he's honored his deceased friends at this RG, and also mentions that he and Haas train frequently together:

Quote:
PARIS — U.S. qualifier Jack Sock is 4-0 without dropping a set at Roland Garros after beating Guillermo Garcia-Lopez 6-2, 6-2, 7-5 on Tuesday in his first French Open main-draw match.

The success comes amid sadness. Two of Sock’s former junior tennis peers died earlier this month in separate accidents. He’s honoring them on his shoes this week.

“It’s definitely been ‑‑ kind of hits you out of nowhere,” Sock said. “So I put the initials on my shoes and definitely thinking of them out there.”

“AR” and “BB” stand for Alex Rovello and Brian Boyd. Rovello, 21, drowned after a diving accident on May 11, according to The Oregonian. Rovello, who made Sports Illustrated‘s Faces in the Crowd in 2010, played for Oregon’s tennis team.

According to official accounts, Rovello jumped from a 60-foot cliff at Tamolitch Falls into Blue Pool, about two miles north of Trail Bridge Campground on Oregon 126.

Police say Rovello’s body was too deep in the 37-degree water for friends and bystanders to save him.

The area had no cell phone service. A witness ran more than two miles to call 911.

Rescue teams from Linn County, Lane County, Eugene Mountain Rescue and Corvallis Mountain worked past midnight to recover Rovello’s body, which was found 30 to 40 feet below the surface.

Alcohol did not appear to be a factor, according to the Linn County Sheriff’s Office.

Boyd, also 21, died in a car accident in Lawrence, Kan., on May 17. He was teammates with Sock at Blue Valley North High School in Overland Park, Kan., where Sock went 80-0 and won four straight state titles.

One person was killed and another suffered non-life threatening injuries after a two-vehicle accident Friday night about one mile south of Lawrence on U.S. Highway 59.

Kansas Highway Trooper Rodney King said that Kansas University student Brian Addison Boyd, 21, of Leawood, failed to stop at a stop sign crossing U.S. Highway 59 on County Road 458 around 10:40 p.m. Friday night.

The 2001 Ford Explorer Boyd was driving struck a 2010 Ford Edge driven by Deborah Chitwood, of Shawnee, rolling Boyd’s vehicle before he was partially ejected.

Sock, the 2010 U.S. Open boys champion, reached the French Open with three straight straight-set wins in qualifying last week. That’s after he lost five straight matches, all on clay, including one to Garcia-Lopez, dating to the U.S. Men’s Clay Court Championships in early April. What’s changed?

“The clay might be red,” he said, smiling. “In the States, the green clay is definitely different.

“Obviously, winning three matches in qualifying gives you a lot of confidence and momentum coming into the main draw. And then playing a guy I just recently played and having an idea what I wanted to do out there to be successful against him definitely helps.”

Sock gets a familiar foe, No. 12 Tommy Haas, in the second round. They practice together frequently in Los Angeles and at tournaments. They’re in a section that’s all-American (Haas is German but an American citizen). The Sock-Haas winner will face the John Isner-Ryan Harrison winner in the third round. No U.S. man has made the fourth round of the French Open since Robby Ginepri in 2010.
http://tennis.si.com/2013/05/28/jack...-garcia-lopez/
Originally Posted by @Sweet Cleopatra View Post
Million times.. Your problem
I don't know who you are. I don't know what you want. If you're looking for attention, I can tell you I don't like you but what I do have are a very particular set of skills. Skills I have acquired over a very long career. Skills that make me a nightmare for people like you. If you stop posting that photo now, that will be the end of it. I will not look for you, I will not pursue you. But if you don't, I will look for you, I will find you and I will terminate your MTF account.
BackhandDTL is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 02:25 PM   #395
country flag SapELee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

I remember reading about Rovello's death a while back, really sad.
I think Jack is a very sweet kid, saw him in person and he is very fan friendly (on twitter as well). You can tell that a lot of guys enjoy playing doubles with him. And yes, he practiced with Haas a lot (they are both based in California).

Rhyne's Picture Thread
Old 06-01-2013, 10:43 PM   #396
country flag SapELee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Due to weak entry list in Newport, Jack is in the md. Fine by me since it means no wc

Rhyne's Picture Thread
Old 06-02-2013, 11:23 AM   #397
country flag SapELee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
L’Equipe Predicts Future Top 10
L’Equipe predicts the Top 10 in the Emirates ATP Rankings in 2018. Notable inclusions are Benoit Paire at No. 2 and American Jack Sock at No. 10, while notable exclusion is Rafael Nadal, who would be aged 31 in five years time. What do you think? Have your say on Facebook and Twitter.

1. Grigor Dimitrov (Age 22; Rank 28)
2. Benoit Paire (Age 24; Rank 26)
3. Andy Murray (Age 26; Rank 2)
4. Milos Raonic (Age 22; Rank 16)
5. Novak Djokovic (Age 26; Rank 1)
6. Kei Nishikori (Age 23; Rank 15)
7. Bernard Tomic (Age 20; Rank 61)
8. Ernests Gulbis (Age 24; Rank 40)
9. Jerzy Janowicz (Age 22; Rank 23)
10. Jack Sock (Age 20; Rank 118)
http://www.atpworldtour.com/News/Ten...spx?print=true

Rhyne's Picture Thread
Old 06-02-2013, 01:04 PM   #398
country flag Smoke944

Smoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond repute

Happy to see Jack is in the draw in Prostejov. Plays Nedovyesov first round which is a good draw all things considered.
Smoke944 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 01:28 PM   #399
country flag SapELee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Possible rematch with GGL. If so, it will be their 3rd meeting in 3 weeks on clay.

Rhyne's Picture Thread
Old 06-03-2013, 05:50 AM   #400
country flag Ace20

Ace20 has a reputation beyond reputeAce20 has a reputation beyond reputeAce20 has a reputation beyond reputeAce20 has a reputation beyond reputeAce20 has a reputation beyond reputeAce20 has a reputation beyond reputeAce20 has a reputation beyond reputeAce20 has a reputation beyond reputeAce20 has a reputation beyond reputeAce20 has a reputation beyond reputeAce20 has a reputation beyond repute

all & all he had an Great RG & Can't wait too see how he does at Wimby. With his result at RG will he be in the top 100 ?

Tsonga | Raonic | Dimitrov | Nishikori | Janowicz | Tomic | Sock | D.Y. | Harrison Bothers | Thiem | Kyrgios

Peliwo | Khachanov | Ymer Bothers | Kokkinakis | Coppejans | K. Edmund | Coric | Quinzi | Garin
Djere | L. Broady | JWH | Saville | Milojevic | Tatlot | Couacaud | Tiafoe | Mmoh | Kozlov | Rubin | O. Luz
Ace20 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 09:57 PM   #401
country flag SapELee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

^No, he is currently projected to be ~101. If he does well in the challenger this week, he has a chance to enter the top 100.

Cute pic with Ashleigh Barty

Rhyne's Picture Thread
Old 06-04-2013, 07:47 PM   #402
country flag jcempire

jcempire has a reputation beyond reputejcempire has a reputation beyond reputejcempire has a reputation beyond reputejcempire has a reputation beyond reputejcempire has a reputation beyond reputejcempire has a reputation beyond reputejcempire has a reputation beyond reputejcempire has a reputation beyond reputejcempire has a reputation beyond reputejcempire has a reputation beyond reputejcempire has a reputation beyond repute

Keep going Jack

Hope to him do something in next slam WIM

Nadal Nadal Nadal
jcempire is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 08:58 PM   #403
country flag SapELee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Won in straight sets, will play Jiri Vesely next.

Rhyne's Picture Thread
Old 06-05-2013, 12:24 PM   #404
country flag PitsOfTheWorld

PitsOfTheWorld has a reputation beyond reputePitsOfTheWorld has a reputation beyond reputePitsOfTheWorld has a reputation beyond reputePitsOfTheWorld has a reputation beyond reputePitsOfTheWorld has a reputation beyond reputePitsOfTheWorld has a reputation beyond reputePitsOfTheWorld has a reputation beyond reputePitsOfTheWorld has a reputation beyond reputePitsOfTheWorld has a reputation beyond reputePitsOfTheWorld has a reputation beyond reputePitsOfTheWorld has a reputation beyond repute

Why the hell is he playing a challenger on CLAY when he's hardly played a pro match on grass before? Wimbledon qualies a week and a half away...

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App
"A tacit rhetorical assumption here is that you have very probably never heard of Michael Joyce of Brentwood, L.A... Nor of Vince Spadea nor Jonathan Stark...--all ranked in the world’s top one hundred at one point in 1995. Nor of Jeff Tarango, sixty-eight in the world, unless you remember his unfortunate psychotic breakdown in full public view during last year’s Wimbledon.

You are invited to try to imagine what it would be like to be among the hundred best in the world at something. At anything. I have tried to imagine; it’s hard."
--David Foster Wallace (), "Tennis Player Michael Joyce's Professional Artistry as a Paradigm of Certain Stuff about Choice, Freedom, Discipline, Joy, Grotesquerie, and Human Completeness"
PitsOfTheWorld is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 08:54 PM   #405
country flag SapELee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Well, I guess he can prepare for grass now....64 46 67(4).

Rhyne's Picture Thread