Jack Sock - Page 19 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 02-13-2013, 01:01 AM   #271
country flag SapELee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

SapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Jack Sock

67 16 saw mostly the first set but his backhand seemed to have gotten worse So many errors, really needs to work on shot selection.

Tennis Account: https://twitter.com/ARhyneMoment
Youtube Channel: youtube.com/SapELee485
SapELee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-15-2013, 03:03 AM   #272
country flag SapELee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

SapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.sapopentennis.com/gallery.asp?section_id=78#

Old 02-16-2013, 12:08 AM   #273
country flag SapELee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Jack draws Raonic in Memphis. Don't expect a win, but good luck.

Old 02-18-2013, 01:06 AM   #274
country flag SapELee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Memphis Tennis ‏@memphistennis

Jack Sock and Dominic Inglot take time for a photo op at the Pro-Am.

Old 02-19-2013, 08:51 PM   #275
country flag SapELee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Jack Sock ‏@JackSock

Look who I ran into at chipotle, tennis players just love it @Bryanbros @Bryanbrothers @MicaelaBryan @ChipotleTweets pic.twitter.com/xqBjLFrU

Old 02-21-2013, 12:21 AM   #276
country flag jcempire

jcempire has a reputation beyond reputejcempire has a reputation beyond reputejcempire has a reputation beyond reputejcempire has a reputation beyond reputejcempire has a reputation beyond reputejcempire has a reputation beyond reputejcempire has a reputation beyond reputejcempire has a reputation beyond reputejcempire has a reputation beyond reputejcempire has a reputation beyond reputejcempire has a reputation beyond repute

Raonic is too much for Sock at this time. come on..........

Nadal Nadal Nadal
jcempire is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 12:26 AM   #277
country flag SapELee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Jack's return game is a mess right now...so don't expect much.

Old 02-21-2013, 01:50 AM   #278
country flag Ace20

Ace20 has a reputation beyond reputeAce20 has a reputation beyond reputeAce20 has a reputation beyond reputeAce20 has a reputation beyond reputeAce20 has a reputation beyond reputeAce20 has a reputation beyond reputeAce20 has a reputation beyond reputeAce20 has a reputation beyond reputeAce20 has a reputation beyond reputeAce20 has a reputation beyond reputeAce20 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi New the Forum Big Fan of Sock

Filip Peliwo | Karen Khachanov | Elias Ymer | Thanasi Kokkinakis | Kimmer Coppejans | Kyle Edmund | Borna Coric | Gianluigi Quinzi |
Christian Harrison | Christian Garin | Laslo Djere | Liam Broady | Joshua Ward Hibbert | Luke Saville | Nikola Milojevic |
Johan Sebastien Tatlot | Enzo Couacaud | Francis Tiafoe | Michael Mmoh | Stefan Kozlov | Maxime Hamou
Ace20 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 02:02 AM   #279
country flag SapELee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Jack won the first set 63 but his 1st serve is at 44%

Old 02-21-2013, 02:03 AM   #280
country flag SapELee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace20 View Post
Hi New the Forum Big Fan of Sock

Old 02-21-2013, 02:49 AM   #281
country flag SapELee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

3rd set here we come as Raonic breaks 7-5

Old 02-21-2013, 02:51 AM   #282
country flag SapELee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

I hope he doesn't fade away in the third.

Quote:
Rick Limpert ‏@RickRoswell

@RomiCvitkovic He's actually playing fairly smartly. He spent a lot of time on the practice courts today. Got the nervous energy out
Quote:
Rick Limpert ‏@RickRoswell

@RomiCvitkovic Sock playing well
Quote:
Romi Cvitkovic ‏@RomiCvitkovic

Via @nolesfan2011, Sock sporting some heavy physio tape on his serving arm during practice. Hopefully, precautionary pic.twitter.com/Uom7tSG6CI

Old 02-21-2013, 03:34 AM   #283
country flag SapELee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

With an ace, Jack closes out the match 7-5 in the third
1st top 20 win James Blake next Too bad we can't watch it

Old 02-21-2013, 01:44 PM   #284
country flag SapELee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Sock Outserves Raonic In Memphis Upset; Hewitt Saves 2 M.P. : http://www.atpworldtour.com/News/Ten...tt-Raonic.aspx

Quote:
Wild card Jack Sock posted the biggest match win of his career on Wednesday evening, ousting second-seeded Milos Raonic 6-3, 5-7, 7-5 at the U.S. National Indoor Tennis Championships in Memphis.

“It feels good to get my first singles win of the year,” said Sock. “I had an unfortunate ankle roll in Australia so this is big for me to get some confidence and momentum, not only for this week, but the tournaments coming up. To get my career-high win is obviously big for me.”

Sock converted his second break of the match to move ahead 6-5 in the third set, and served out a close game to clinch the upset over the 14th-ranked Canadian in two hours and 10 minutes. The 20-year-old American saved eight of the nine break points he faced to set a second-round clash with James Blake.

“I watched him and Andy when I was coming up,” Sock reflected. “I played doubles with him this week and he's a good friend. It will be a fun match, but once we get out there, it will be another battle. May the best guy come out on top.”

Raonic ended a six-match win streak, having led Canada through to the Davis Cup World Group quarter-finals before winning his third consecutive SAP Open title in San Jose last weekend. He had reached the final in Memphis the past two years.

“He was doing a few things well,” said Raonic. “He was hitting his forehand well. I just wasn't getting in the right position. I was giving away too many sloppy points.”

Old 02-21-2013, 02:10 PM   #285
country flag SapELee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Default Re: Jack SockNo. 2 seed Milos Raonic unable to knock Sock off in Memphis tennis tourn

No. 2 seed Milos Raonic unable to knock Sock off in Memphis tennis tourney

Quote:
It must have been the shoes.

American Jack Sock, who had to change a malfunctioning pair of shoes before starting the third set Wednesday night, used the upgrade in footwear to post the biggest win of his young career. Sock, 20, upset No. 2 seed Milos Raonic of Canada, 6-3, 5-7, 7-5 to move into Thursday’s third round against his doubles partner, James Blake.

Sock, ranked 168th, won for the first time, in two matches, this season. He played only 12 matches last season.

“I had a good energy level and I was focused and ready to go,” said the hard-serving Sock, who finished with 11 aces. “I got here last Thursday so I had a good week of practice with my coach. And my body felt well.”

Sock injured his right ankle during qualifying last month in Brisbane and had only played one tour-level match, which was last weekend in San Jose. He got a key break of serve to go up 6-5 in the third when Raonic was unable to return a Sock shot that hit the tape and dropped over the net.

“I was very fortunate, but that’s tennis,” said Sock, who received a wild card into the event. “Things happen.”

As for the shoes, he said the outside of his right shoe ripped apart.

“When I moved out to the right I was falling through my shoe,” he said. “I had to play with it for three games.”

Raonic, ranked 14th, had been runner-up in Memphis the past two years.

“He was doing a few things well, he was hitting his forehand well, and I was giving away too many points,” he said. “It sort of added up. It’s unfortunate. I didn’t think this could have happened, but it did.”

Raonic had not been broken in 77 indoor service games until he was broken in the opening set Wednesday.

“I wasn’t swinging freely or hard enough in the beginning,” Raonic said. “I was fluffing the ball over the net and that allowed him to get into a rhythm.”