Aussie Summer '10 : AO Semis, good job Jo:) - Page 7 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 01-20-2010, 11:41 AM   #91
country flag Turquoise

Turquoise has a reputation beyond reputeTurquoise has a reputation beyond reputeTurquoise has a reputation beyond reputeTurquoise has a reputation beyond reputeTurquoise has a reputation beyond reputeTurquoise has a reputation beyond reputeTurquoise has a reputation beyond reputeTurquoise has a reputation beyond reputeTurquoise has a reputation beyond reputeTurquoise has a reputation beyond reputeTurquoise has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Aussie Summer '10 : AO 2nd Round versus Taylor Dent

Again, not perfect translation but here goes (corrections are welcome):

Balancing the books of Tsonga

Jo-Wilfried Tsonga passed the first round without a hitch at Melbourne on Tuesday, against the Ukrainian Sergiy Stakhovsky (6-3, 6-4, 6-4). Taylor Dent awaits him in his next match.
--------------

“You have to win 21 sets in order to reach the end of a Grand Slam.” Jo-Wilfried Tsonga can subtract three of those after his victory (6-3, 6-4, 6-4) against Sergiy Stakhovsky. “It was a good match, I was solid,” the French number 1 noted after his first official match of 2010. “It wasn’t great tennis, but it wasn’t bad either. The important thing is to win in this kind of competition.”

In good accounting, the Australian Open 2008 finalist can put in the credit column: his physical condition with good coverage of the court, an effective serve with 15 aces and 65% first serve percentage and a three-set victory to keep fresh. In the debit column, he notes that he strayed a bit by conceding two breaks in the first two sets and made some foolish errors by letting down his guard at the beginning of the second set (0-3).

“There were times where I was a bit careless with my footwork, the intensity and purpose. I allowed myself to be broken stupidly in the second set by messing about. Today, I didn’t pay the consequences, but against a better player, it will become more complicated. I hope that next time, I will be better.”

With experience, Jo-Wilfried Tsonga has learned the long-term aspect of his trade. A Grand Slam is long and tiring. One must know how to conserve energy and take care of each detail. Against Gulbis in official match conditions, he didn’t lose sight of his goals. (Appreciate correct translation of: Il a beau prendre « des doudounes à l'entraînement » et repartir presque à vélo contre Gulbis) Before an Australian crowd conquered by the Frenchman since his run in 2008, he endeavoured to keep the flame alive. His essence, his enthusiasm and desire.

By skipping tournaments at the beginning of the season, he arrived raring to go. “I feel well, fresh, I really want to play. When you play a few weeks before, you’ve played so much that you’re sick of it. When you arrive at a Grand Slam with the aim of going all the way, you must win 21 sets. I don’t know if the world realises that, but it’s a lot (laughter).” To calculate the points, he can count on his next opponent, Taylor Dent. Against this serve-volleyer, the Frenchman faces a good test and he knows it: “He is dangerous for he moves forward all the time. I have to be mentally solid. It’s true that I prefer to dictate play, but whether it’s Taylor Dent or another opponent, I must win.”

In a statement of account, one always looks at the last line.
Advertisement

Old 01-20-2010, 02:48 PM   #92
country flag greenhopper

greenhopper has a reputation beyond reputegreenhopper has a reputation beyond reputegreenhopper has a reputation beyond reputegreenhopper has a reputation beyond reputegreenhopper has a reputation beyond reputegreenhopper has a reputation beyond reputegreenhopper has a reputation beyond reputegreenhopper has a reputation beyond reputegreenhopper has a reputation beyond reputegreenhopper has a reputation beyond reputegreenhopper has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you so much, Turquoise!

That was a perfect assessment of the Stakhovsky match from him. Dent is a constant net rusher like Stakhovsky, though he's been talking about staying back lately. Hope that was practice enough for Jo.
greenhopper is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 04:11 PM   #93
country flag MacArthur

MacArthur has a reputation beyond reputeMacArthur has a reputation beyond reputeMacArthur has a reputation beyond reputeMacArthur has a reputation beyond reputeMacArthur has a reputation beyond reputeMacArthur has a reputation beyond reputeMacArthur has a reputation beyond reputeMacArthur has a reputation beyond reputeMacArthur has a reputation beyond reputeMacArthur has a reputation beyond reputeMacArthur has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Turquoise (I must say I am too lazy for that and l'équipe article's on the net are rarely that interesting, but kudos for your devotion ) !

His official site is updated with a little video made today. He is playing it cool, our teddy bear.
MacArthur is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 09:03 AM   #94
country flag Turquoise

Turquoise has a reputation beyond reputeTurquoise has a reputation beyond reputeTurquoise has a reputation beyond reputeTurquoise has a reputation beyond reputeTurquoise has a reputation beyond reputeTurquoise has a reputation beyond reputeTurquoise has a reputation beyond reputeTurquoise has a reputation beyond reputeTurquoise has a reputation beyond reputeTurquoise has a reputation beyond reputeTurquoise has a reputation beyond repute

Decisive win over Dent 6-4 6-3 6-3 Jo seems to have improved his tactics against the big servers. Well done!
Old 01-21-2010, 09:04 AM   #95
country flag greenhopper

greenhopper has a reputation beyond reputegreenhopper has a reputation beyond reputegreenhopper has a reputation beyond reputegreenhopper has a reputation beyond reputegreenhopper has a reputation beyond reputegreenhopper has a reputation beyond reputegreenhopper has a reputation beyond reputegreenhopper has a reputation beyond reputegreenhopper has a reputation beyond reputegreenhopper has a reputation beyond reputegreenhopper has a reputation beyond repute

Nice patient play today. Dent didn't do too much to trouble him; kept serving to Jo's forehand and even threw in a few doubles. Jo went for aggressive returns, served well & hit plenty of passing shots. Played a little tentative to get broken from 3-1 in the 3rd set, hadn't even gone to deuce on serve till that game but steadied himself to break right back. Pain free win, over all.

Haas is a different, more dangerous style, but he played a very inconsistent match against Tipsarevic today. Hope Jo takes advantage.
greenhopper is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 09:07 AM   #96
country flag SelvenluvJo
Jo,Dimi,Rica,Ryan

SelvenluvJo has a reputation beyond reputeSelvenluvJo has a reputation beyond reputeSelvenluvJo has a reputation beyond reputeSelvenluvJo has a reputation beyond reputeSelvenluvJo has a reputation beyond reputeSelvenluvJo has a reputation beyond reputeSelvenluvJo has a reputation beyond reputeSelvenluvJo has a reputation beyond reputeSelvenluvJo has a reputation beyond reputeSelvenluvJo has a reputation beyond reputeSelvenluvJo has a reputation beyond repute

well done Jo. the number of UEs is too good
Old 01-21-2010, 09:13 AM   #97
country flag DanaKz

DanaKz has a reputation beyond reputeDanaKz has a reputation beyond reputeDanaKz has a reputation beyond reputeDanaKz has a reputation beyond reputeDanaKz has a reputation beyond reputeDanaKz has a reputation beyond reputeDanaKz has a reputation beyond reputeDanaKz has a reputation beyond reputeDanaKz has a reputation beyond reputeDanaKz has a reputation beyond reputeDanaKz has a reputation beyond repute

Good.
Haas. Tough.
Old 01-21-2010, 09:17 AM   #98
country flag shadows

shadows has a reputation beyond reputeshadows has a reputation beyond reputeshadows has a reputation beyond reputeshadows has a reputation beyond reputeshadows has a reputation beyond reputeshadows has a reputation beyond reputeshadows has a reputation beyond reputeshadows has a reputation beyond reputeshadows has a reputation beyond reputeshadows has a reputation beyond reputeshadows has a reputation beyond repute

Too good from Jo today. I think he'll beat Tommy, and the winner of their match should really expect to reach the 1/4s
shadows is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 09:25 AM   #99
country flag Bashak

Bashak has a reputation beyond reputeBashak has a reputation beyond reputeBashak has a reputation beyond reputeBashak has a reputation beyond reputeBashak has a reputation beyond reputeBashak has a reputation beyond reputeBashak has a reputation beyond reputeBashak has a reputation beyond reputeBashak has a reputation beyond reputeBashak has a reputation beyond reputeBashak has a reputation beyond repute

so happy ! good match.
haas is coming from a 5 setter - still tough.

DanaKZ, for robin

Suicide Tennis Winner: Doha 2010, Basel 2009 FITD Winner: Auckland 2012, Nice 2010, London WTF 2009, Tokyo 2009, Roland Garros 2009, Paris 2008, Basel 2008 TT Finalist: Nottingham 2009, Savannah 2009, Marrakech 2011. TT Doubles Winner: Sarasota 2011 (w/ coasterman9 TT Doubles Finalist: Bergamo 2011 (w/ leoneo), Fergana 2009 (w/ catatonia) DTT Doubles Winner: Miami 2011 (w/Abollo)
Bashak is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 09:31 AM   #100
country flag MacArthur

MacArthur has a reputation beyond reputeMacArthur has a reputation beyond reputeMacArthur has a reputation beyond reputeMacArthur has a reputation beyond reputeMacArthur has a reputation beyond reputeMacArthur has a reputation beyond reputeMacArthur has a reputation beyond reputeMacArthur has a reputation beyond reputeMacArthur has a reputation beyond reputeMacArthur has a reputation beyond reputeMacArthur has a reputation beyond repute

42 winners

10 UEs

Enough said.
MacArthur is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 09:37 AM   #101
country flag oranges

oranges has a reputation beyond reputeoranges has a reputation beyond reputeoranges has a reputation beyond reputeoranges has a reputation beyond reputeoranges has a reputation beyond reputeoranges has a reputation beyond reputeoranges has a reputation beyond reputeoranges has a reputation beyond reputeoranges has a reputation beyond reputeoranges has a reputation beyond reputeoranges has a reputation beyond repute

Mighty
oranges is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 09:41 AM   #102
country flag Tess Gray

Tess Gray has a reputation beyond reputeTess Gray has a reputation beyond reputeTess Gray has a reputation beyond reputeTess Gray has a reputation beyond reputeTess Gray has a reputation beyond reputeTess Gray has a reputation beyond reputeTess Gray has a reputation beyond reputeTess Gray has a reputation beyond reputeTess Gray has a reputation beyond reputeTess Gray has a reputation beyond reputeTess Gray has a reputation beyond repute

Nice
Tess Gray is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 10:47 AM   #103
country flag Keijan

Keijan has a reputation beyond reputeKeijan has a reputation beyond reputeKeijan has a reputation beyond reputeKeijan has a reputation beyond reputeKeijan has a reputation beyond reputeKeijan has a reputation beyond reputeKeijan has a reputation beyond reputeKeijan has a reputation beyond reputeKeijan has a reputation beyond reputeKeijan has a reputation beyond reputeKeijan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Aussie Summer '10 : AO 3rd Round versus Tommy Haas

Once again, I couldn't wake up to watch it damn the Aussie schedule. But it's a good result, and I bet Dent was happy about it too, as he can now go back to his wife and expect their child together

I'm not too worried about Haas. He's having a good comeback, but he's nowhere close to Jo's explosiveness and form. It should be tough, but he's favorite.
Keijan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 11:12 AM   #104
country flag CR3WLFC

CR3WLFC has a reputation beyond reputeCR3WLFC has a reputation beyond reputeCR3WLFC has a reputation beyond reputeCR3WLFC has a reputation beyond reputeCR3WLFC has a reputation beyond reputeCR3WLFC has a reputation beyond reputeCR3WLFC has a reputation beyond reputeCR3WLFC has a reputation beyond reputeCR3WLFC has a reputation beyond reputeCR3WLFC has a reputation beyond reputeCR3WLFC has a reputation beyond repute

Very solid. Well done JO
CR3WLFC is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 09:40 AM   #105
country flag Keijan

Keijan has a reputation beyond reputeKeijan has a reputation beyond reputeKeijan has a reputation beyond reputeKeijan has a reputation beyond reputeKeijan has a reputation beyond reputeKeijan has a reputation beyond reputeKeijan has a reputation beyond reputeKeijan has a reputation beyond reputeKeijan has a reputation beyond reputeKeijan has a reputation beyond reputeKeijan has a reputation beyond repute

Okay, now that Jo is the only Frenchie left, he needs to go the furthest possible ! His match against Haas is tomorrow at 7pm, so around 9am for us Europeans. I'll be there
Keijan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote