Söderking's back home – Stockholm – Live Scoring - Page 90 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 06-30-2010, 05:43 PM   #1336
country flag minh

minh has a reputation beyond reputeminh has a reputation beyond reputeminh has a reputation beyond reputeminh has a reputation beyond reputeminh has a reputation beyond reputeminh has a reputation beyond reputeminh has a reputation beyond reputeminh has a reputation beyond reputeminh has a reputation beyond reputeminh has a reputation beyond reputeminh has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Strawberries and cream, anyone? – Wimbledon, London – Live Scoring

lost 3rd set 7-6
minh is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-30-2010, 06:14 PM   #1337
country flag AgnRus

AgnRus has a reputation beyond reputeAgnRus has a reputation beyond reputeAgnRus has a reputation beyond reputeAgnRus has a reputation beyond reputeAgnRus has a reputation beyond reputeAgnRus has a reputation beyond reputeAgnRus has a reputation beyond reputeAgnRus has a reputation beyond reputeAgnRus has a reputation beyond reputeAgnRus has a reputation beyond reputeAgnRus has a reputation beyond repute

Oh Robin
AgnRus is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 07:02 PM   #1338
country flag Guille.

Guille. has a reputation beyond reputeGuille. has a reputation beyond reputeGuille. has a reputation beyond reputeGuille. has a reputation beyond reputeGuille. has a reputation beyond reputeGuille. has a reputation beyond reputeGuille. has a reputation beyond reputeGuille. has a reputation beyond reputeGuille. has a reputation beyond reputeGuille. has a reputation beyond reputeGuille. has a reputation beyond repute

After winning that 1st set I thought he had a good chance to win the whole thing

good tournament I guess
Guille. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 07:02 PM   #1339
country flag Björki
Sitzen ist fürn Arsch

Björki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond repute

Robin

Bryans || Djokovic || Paire || Chiudinelli || Nalbandian || Hanley || Rojer || Nadal
Söderling || Verdasco || Wawrinka || Simon || O. Rochus || Leo Mayer

Björkman || Arthurs || Edberg || Rafter || T.Johansson || M.Norman || Aspelin
Björki is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 07:04 PM   #1340
country flag misty1
Banned!

misty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond repute

what happened in the last set? given the way the match was going i was definately not expecting a breadstick
misty1 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 09:13 PM   #1341
country flag I♥PsY@Mus!c

I♥PsY@Mus!c has a reputation beyond reputeI♥PsY@Mus!c has a reputation beyond reputeI♥PsY@Mus!c has a reputation beyond reputeI♥PsY@Mus!c has a reputation beyond reputeI♥PsY@Mus!c has a reputation beyond reputeI♥PsY@Mus!c has a reputation beyond reputeI♥PsY@Mus!c has a reputation beyond reputeI♥PsY@Mus!c has a reputation beyond reputeI♥PsY@Mus!c has a reputation beyond reputeI♥PsY@Mus!c has a reputation beyond reputeI♥PsY@Mus!c has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by misty1 View Post
what happened in the last set? given the way the match was going i was definately not expecting a breadstick
Me too,I'm very sad to see this.He can do much better.

He was physically not fit.

Cheer for: Ljubicic Gonzalez Murray Mahut Soderling Tipsarevic Mathieu Simon Muller Tsonga Berdych Kohlschreiber Wawrinka Acasuso Almagro O.Rochus Kiefer...
I♥PsY@Mus!c is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 02:15 AM   #1342
country flag Nolby
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Nolby has a reputation beyond reputeNolby has a reputation beyond reputeNolby has a reputation beyond reputeNolby has a reputation beyond reputeNolby has a reputation beyond reputeNolby has a reputation beyond reputeNolby has a reputation beyond reputeNolby has a reputation beyond reputeNolby has a reputation beyond reputeNolby has a reputation beyond reputeNolby has a reputation beyond repute

It was brought up in another Forum after Rafa cruised in the French Open that he began using a new Babolat wire string called RPM blast and first used it in a match during Abu Dhabi at the beginning of 2010. If you'll recall, his form before that time suggested that he could not play offense while being a retriever, but suddenly at the turn of the year his form had improved to such an extent that he could seemingly play offense from behind the baseline and go on the offensive when he seemed completely out of position...repeatedly. This string was used in the Australian Open by Rafa, Jo-Willy Tsonga and Andy Roddick (who used the string as a hybrid without using a Babolat racquet and won Brisbane upon his first use of it) before it had even been released to the public. It was released in February, 2010, and Head even features a racquet hybrid that uses the new string. Here is some informantion on it:

http://www.fawcette.net/2010/06/will...o-tennis-.html

http://groups.google.com/group/rec.s...20eb0?lnk=raot
Quote:

"Much is being made about how three out of four French Open finalists this weekend will be playing with the new, black Babolat RPM Blast string. Samantha Stosur, Rafael Nadal, and Francesca Schiavone all switchied to Babolat's string. That the new string is also used by a revitalized Rafael Nadal, not to mention Francesca Schiavone, the Italian who upended No. 3 Caroline Wozniacki to set up one semifinal against Elena Dementieva, is lost on no one.

RPM is an octagonal, polymer string with a coating. The idea is that the edges on the string grab the ball to help create more topspin. The flat sides also help the strings slide against each other, which supposedly will reduce breakage and transfers more energy to the ball. TV commentator Brad Gilbert, claims this is a key to Stosur's kick serve and that RPM is helping Nadal hit deeper on his groundstrokes.

Babolat is trying to supplant Luxilon, the string of choice on the men's tour, by enabling the same topspin, but being more forgiving than Luxilon, providing a larger sweet spot, and playing softer than the harsh Lux.

"It's a great advantage," said Groeneveld, head coach of adidas' Player Development Program, in which none of the players are nvolved. "Stosur and Schiavone always hit the ball heavy; it just added an extra dimension. Nadal was able to hit balls you thought he normally wouldn't be able to hit and was still able to get a lot more on the ball from his defensive positions. And Stosur's backhand was always a bit weak, but now she can hit through the ball much better and seems to have gained extra on her serve." As Nadal put it, "the ball stays more time on the racket, so is easier to have the control".

Before you get too excited about how black RPM can revolutionize your game, remember, Nadal was using black RPM when Andy Murray blew him out at the Australian Open, when he lost to Davydenko in Doha, lost to Roddick in Miami, and lost to Ljubicic in Indian Wells. As for Stosur, she was hitting tremendous kick serves when she made the semifinals at BNP Indian Wells, before switching strings."
After watching the the last 3 matches where Robin has faced the Rafa playing with the RPM blast strings (Abu Dhabi, French Open and Wimbledon), and being amazed at how the defensive player from last year has suddenly found a way to play full offense without changing his style that much, I went searching for articles to try and see what he has been doing to make such a marked improvement in such a short time. This change in string from December, 2009 to January, 2010, would seem to coincide with the marked improvement in his game.

I found a graph showing how much of a difference these strings make in terms of topspin and control compared to other strings, and it is considerable. It appears Rafa got a jump on the rest of the field getting to test out these strings before they were released, and obviously Tennis Players are relunctant to change anything about their equipment or game unless desperate; but it appears to me that Robin and others not using it need to keep up with the technology and start trying out these strings. I noticed Head now offers a hybrid racquet with the RPM blast strings....maybe he could start giving it a try? It doesn't seem to me as though Rafa is even playing the same kind of game that is being played anymore as he literally can play offense from a defensive position and then switch to full offense if needed. Some of his shots seem impossible, whereas he looked lifeless playing the same kind of game for the greater part of 2009.

It's time to look forward, and if this change in technology is partially responsible for the form, that leads to the confidence and so on. Robin may need to look into using these strings as a Hybrid with his Head racquet. I'm going to give this new technology a try myself soon to see what difference it makes for my game, although obviously it won't be as great.
Baggy: 2010 Sydney Champion
Gulbis: 2010 Delray Beach Champion
Del Pony: 2009 U.S. Open Champion (Please come back! )
======================================

Last edited by Nolby : 07-01-2010 at 02:30 AM.
Nolby is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 12:48 PM   #1343
country flag minh

minh has a reputation beyond reputeminh has a reputation beyond reputeminh has a reputation beyond reputeminh has a reputation beyond reputeminh has a reputation beyond reputeminh has a reputation beyond reputeminh has a reputation beyond reputeminh has a reputation beyond reputeminh has a reputation beyond reputeminh has a reputation beyond reputeminh has a reputation beyond repute

Poor Robin, , anyways, QF is also good,
Old 07-05-2010, 09:32 PM   #1344
country flag swedes_rule

swedes_rule has a reputation beyond reputeswedes_rule has a reputation beyond reputeswedes_rule has a reputation beyond reputeswedes_rule has a reputation beyond reputeswedes_rule has a reputation beyond reputeswedes_rule has a reputation beyond reputeswedes_rule has a reputation beyond reputeswedes_rule has a reputation beyond reputeswedes_rule has a reputation beyond reputeswedes_rule has a reputation beyond reputeswedes_rule has a reputation beyond repute

QF is great when you think about it and now he's number 5 in the world!!!!
Old 07-06-2010, 10:50 AM   #1345
country flag minh

yeah, no.5 the world, it deserves with his efforts in this season
Old 07-12-2010, 09:58 AM   #1346
country flag Guille.

Guille. has a reputation beyond reputeGuille. has a reputation beyond reputeGuille. has a reputation beyond reputeGuille. has a reputation beyond reputeGuille. has a reputation beyond reputeGuille. has a reputation beyond reputeGuille. has a reputation beyond reputeGuille. has a reputation beyond reputeGuille. has a reputation beyond reputeGuille. has a reputation beyond reputeGuille. has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Soderking returns home – Båstad – Live Scoring

which thread should we use for Bastad?
Guille. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 10:00 AM   #1347
country flag SweTennis

SweTennis has a reputation beyond reputeSweTennis has a reputation beyond reputeSweTennis has a reputation beyond reputeSweTennis has a reputation beyond reputeSweTennis has a reputation beyond reputeSweTennis has a reputation beyond reputeSweTennis has a reputation beyond reputeSweTennis has a reputation beyond reputeSweTennis has a reputation beyond reputeSweTennis has a reputation beyond reputeSweTennis has a reputation beyond repute

This is for live scoring during Robin's matches. Between the matches I think we should use the chat thread, or if you want, the new "road to US Open" thread.
Old 07-16-2010, 02:33 PM   #1348
country flag SweTennis

SweTennis has a reputation beyond reputeSweTennis has a reputation beyond reputeSweTennis has a reputation beyond reputeSweTennis has a reputation beyond reputeSweTennis has a reputation beyond reputeSweTennis has a reputation beyond reputeSweTennis has a reputation beyond reputeSweTennis has a reputation beyond reputeSweTennis has a reputation beyond reputeSweTennis has a reputation beyond reputeSweTennis has a reputation beyond repute

This doesn't look good. 4-6, 2-3* between Robin and Andreas Seppi in Båstad QF. Come on Robin!
Old 07-16-2010, 02:42 PM   #1349
country flag SweTennis

3-4*. A break is needed now!
Old 07-16-2010, 02:48 PM   #1350
country flag SweTennis

4-5*. Seppi is serving for the match...