Hopenhaguen.org UN Climate Change Conference - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 11-25-2009, 09:48 PM   #1
country flag Jarl_02

Jarl_02 has a reputation beyond reputeJarl_02 has a reputation beyond reputeJarl_02 has a reputation beyond reputeJarl_02 has a reputation beyond reputeJarl_02 has a reputation beyond reputeJarl_02 has a reputation beyond reputeJarl_02 has a reputation beyond reputeJarl_02 has a reputation beyond reputeJarl_02 has a reputation beyond reputeJarl_02 has a reputation beyond reputeJarl_02 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Hopenhaguen.org UN Climate Change Conference

http://www.hopenhaguen.org

Hopenhagen is a movement, a moment and a chance at a new beginning. The hope that in Copenhagen this December – during the United Nations Climate Change Conference – we can build a better future for our planet and a more sustainable way of life. It is the hope that we can create a global community that will lead our leaders into making the right decisions. The promise that by solving our environmental crisis, we can solve our economic crisis at the same time.

This website has a lot of information about the COP15 and about the topic in general.

I suggest everybody to enter this website, I personally don't think people has really understood the problem that we're facing the climate change. It's something extremetely important and critical and we all should be taking action against it.

I'd like everybody to share tips, websites, informations, advices, answers about this topic.

I know it is said a lot everywhere, but if we all do try, we can change this whole situation.
Jarl_02 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-26-2009, 03:00 AM   #2
country flag buddyholly
RAVE ON

buddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hopenhaguen.org UN Climate Change Conference

As we have seen over the last couple of days, many of the scientists who make lots of money promoting climate change have been sending each other emails discussing how to block publication of scientific papers that have ''non-welcome'' results. Also an email that claims the lack of warming over the last decade is a huge blow to their efforts because the temperature trends are not obeying their predictions.

As the promoters of climate change continue to be shown as less than scientifically ethical, I guess the question is why so many people are willing to overlook every bump in the road.

Is the role of solar activity being discussed in Copenhagen or is the sun's natural behaviour being dismissed by the Gore fanatics?

And if the Gore clan is as slapdash in getting its facts straight as you appear to be, then all their data must be suspect.

Last edited by buddyholly : 11-26-2009 at 03:06 AM.
buddyholly is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2009, 04:50 PM   #3
country flag Stensland

Stensland has a reputation beyond reputeStensland has a reputation beyond reputeStensland has a reputation beyond reputeStensland has a reputation beyond reputeStensland has a reputation beyond reputeStensland has a reputation beyond reputeStensland has a reputation beyond reputeStensland has a reputation beyond reputeStensland has a reputation beyond reputeStensland has a reputation beyond reputeStensland has a reputation beyond repute

who do you think is pushing the climate agenda, buddyholly? i still have a hard time figuring out who's financing those guys as apparently they don't have any money and - as we all know - money is the main factor when it comes to pushing an agenda in the media. the guys who want to diminish the pro-climate change topics are fully equipped: nuclear energy, oil, other fossil fuels etc. have enormous sums to boycott any change whatsoever. the solar industry and the likes have hardly any money though.

so who's doing it? who's behind all the stuff you made out to be true? i'm serious about it, this isn't meant to be a lakonic way of going about you general mindset. i just don't get the scenario you're describing in every single thread related to climate change.

who the eff is paying the vast majority of scientists that say climate change is the biggest issue we're facing today?
Stensland is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2009, 05:11 PM   #4
country flag JolánGagó
Banned!

JolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond repute

who cares about this shit, it's all a fraud, climate have changed back and forth in countless occasions since Earth exists and it will do so many times more in spite of all UN assemblies and Goresque fakery in the world.
JolánGagó is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2009, 05:17 PM   #5
country flag Henry Chinaski

Henry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond repute

yeah basically what rainer said. the overwhelming majority of scientists seem to be on the opposite side to the big money.
Old 11-26-2009, 08:03 PM   #6
country flag Zirconek
Tęnis Mambembe

Zirconek has a reputation beyond reputeZirconek has a reputation beyond reputeZirconek has a reputation beyond reputeZirconek has a reputation beyond reputeZirconek has a reputation beyond reputeZirconek has a reputation beyond reputeZirconek has a reputation beyond reputeZirconek has a reputation beyond reputeZirconek has a reputation beyond reputeZirconek has a reputation beyond reputeZirconek has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by JolánGagó View Post
who cares about this shit, it's all a fraud, climate have changed back and forth in countless occasions since Earth exists and it will do so many times more in spite of all UN assemblies and Goresque fakery in the world.
Plain wrong, very poor comment. Several things are to be considered in recent climate changes surveys, like the scale, data (direct and indirect), new factors introduced by society that affect the climate and others. Human activity is changing the global and local climates and its consequences are being predicted as very severe. Climate change is not a theory or possibilty anymore, it's a fact according to scientific community.
Old 11-26-2009, 08:07 PM   #7
country flag Stensland

Stensland has a reputation beyond reputeStensland has a reputation beyond reputeStensland has a reputation beyond reputeStensland has a reputation beyond reputeStensland has a reputation beyond reputeStensland has a reputation beyond reputeStensland has a reputation beyond reputeStensland has a reputation beyond reputeStensland has a reputation beyond reputeStensland has a reputation beyond reputeStensland has a reputation beyond repute

sometimes i wonder why i put jolan gago on my ignore list some time ago as he's certainly fairly entertaining (all doofuses are, plus bilbo ain't on it and he's competing in gago's league). but then he reminds me very effectively. thanks for quoting him.
Stensland is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2009, 09:18 PM   #8
country flag Tommy_Vercetti

Tommy_Vercetti has a reputation beyond reputeTommy_Vercetti has a reputation beyond reputeTommy_Vercetti has a reputation beyond reputeTommy_Vercetti has a reputation beyond reputeTommy_Vercetti has a reputation beyond reputeTommy_Vercetti has a reputation beyond reputeTommy_Vercetti has a reputation beyond reputeTommy_Vercetti has a reputation beyond reputeTommy_Vercetti has a reputation beyond reputeTommy_Vercetti has a reputation beyond reputeTommy_Vercetti has a reputation beyond repute

Zirconek. Don't forget it was many from that same "scientific community" who were holding marches to warn about a coming Ice Age only a few decades ago. People should keep in mind how much of this has to do with certain people who want publicity like Al Gore, who's past crusades never took over the Hollywood tea parties like global warming.
Old 11-26-2009, 09:41 PM   #9
country flag out_here_grindin

out_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond repute

Global warming is something I will not fret about for a second. It's just been sensationalized in recent years. There are prominent scientists who do not believe in global warming. They base it on scientific facts rather than media scare tactics.

Follow college tennis here.. (I am the user Clemson_tennis)
out_here_grindin is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2009, 09:47 PM   #10
country flag Midnight Ninja

Midnight Ninja has a reputation beyond reputeMidnight Ninja has a reputation beyond reputeMidnight Ninja has a reputation beyond reputeMidnight Ninja has a reputation beyond reputeMidnight Ninja has a reputation beyond reputeMidnight Ninja has a reputation beyond reputeMidnight Ninja has a reputation beyond reputeMidnight Ninja has a reputation beyond reputeMidnight Ninja has a reputation beyond reputeMidnight Ninja has a reputation beyond reputeMidnight Ninja has a reputation beyond repute

I don't get why Al Gore is supposed to be the leader of the climate change movement. Just because he got a nobel prize?

There is various data out there that supports global warming. And even then, don't you think humans are living way beyond their means?
I'm not critisizing anybody since I use a petrol burner, fly way too often and have a somewhat excessive lifestyle. That doesn't mean that we shouldn't be open to change.
Midnight Ninja is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2009, 10:07 PM   #11
country flag JolánGagó
Banned!

JolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rrrainer View Post
sometimes i wonder why i put jolan gago on my ignore list some time ago as he's certainly fairly entertaining (all doofuses are, plus bilbo ain't on it and he's competing in gago's league). but then he reminds me very effectively. thanks for quoting him.
Expected reply from the clueless, ad-hominem attacks.

Last edited by JolánGagó : 11-26-2009 at 10:15 PM.
Old 11-26-2009, 10:36 PM   #12
country flag buddyholly
RAVE ON

buddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rrrainer View Post

who the eff is paying the vast majority of scientists that say climate change is the biggest issue we're facing today?
Universities, governments and the Nobel Committee.

I have some experience of how the universities work and at least in the United States there is more professional in-fighting and jealously than in any other workplace I have seen. Making climate change a POLITICAL issue is a left wing objective and professors in the US are decidedly left-wing. You have probably read stories about scientists, who want to publish data opposed to the Gore religion, having problems.

And, unlike Zirconek who just posts that climate change is a fact, remember that climate has been changing since the earth began. The present debate is about what is causing it. And when you have Stephen Schneider as one of Gore's chief buddies in promoting the climate change panic and urgent need for global political action, there is every reason to be a skeptic. In the 1970's the same guy published a paper in Science suggesting that the actual level of use of aerosols could trigger an ice age. Do you think he would be a ''world famous'' climatologist and professor at Stanford if he was still advocating global cooling? Why should we believe him now?

Did you know that the president of the Maldives recently made a speech underwater? He was begging for international aid for his country which was about to go under any day now!!!!!! Then the Norwegian who did the years-long commissioned study of the Maldives ocean levels wrote him a letter saying he was disgusted at his behaviour. The study clearly showed that there was no imminent danger of a rise in ocean level that would be significant.

PS Your post above says the global warming advocates don't have any money. I'd take a tenured professor's salary any day. And sadly, the real answer as to who the eff is paying these guys, it's you and me, the taxpayers.

Last edited by buddyholly : 11-26-2009 at 10:48 PM.
buddyholly is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2009, 11:00 PM   #13
country flag Bilbo

Bilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond repute

sure the climate was changing in the past and will continue to do so but apparently this time it's changing faster than ever before. if it continues like that for the next few decades we might have something on our hands.
Bilbo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2009, 11:21 PM   #14
country flag JolánGagó
Banned!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilbo View Post
sure the climate was changing in the past and will continue to do so but apparently this time it's changing faster than ever before. if it continues like that for the next few decades we might have something on our hands.
That isn't supported by hard data.
Old 11-27-2009, 12:03 AM   #15
country flag out_here_grindin

out_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilbo View Post
only in select areas. But there are some areas where climate is decreasing. The world is not in equilibrium with climates. It never has. To assert that the whole world is uniformely changing, is something that would need overwhelming supportive evidence and all they have is sparce evidence.

Follow college tennis here.. (I am the user Clemson_tennis)
out_here_grindin is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote