Andy to WTF (wipe the floor) with the rest of the WTF! - Page 9 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 11-27-2009, 02:57 AM   #121
country flag Turquoise

Turquoise has a reputation beyond reputeTurquoise has a reputation beyond reputeTurquoise has a reputation beyond reputeTurquoise has a reputation beyond reputeTurquoise has a reputation beyond reputeTurquoise has a reputation beyond reputeTurquoise has a reputation beyond reputeTurquoise has a reputation beyond reputeTurquoise has a reputation beyond reputeTurquoise has a reputation beyond reputeTurquoise has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Andy to WTF (wipe the floor) with the rest of the WTF!

Oh, irony of irony that Fed did to Andy what Andy did unto him last year. Tough pill to swallow, but he'll live.

Rest up Andy and come back with a vengeance in 2010.
Advertisement

Old 11-27-2009, 04:56 AM   #122
country flag scoobs
Anastasia Komananov, KGB

scoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turquoise View Post
Oh, irony of irony that Fed did to Andy what Andy did unto him last year. Tough pill to swallow, but he'll live.

Yep - and I think he needs the rest, mentally if nothing else, he seems more at odds with himself and his own game than anything else, complete contrast to how he looked at the start of the year.

It's a rough way to be eliminated but he had his fate in his own hands earlier and blew it so...

He knows that while at most tournaments you just have to win, whatever, but here how you win can become the most important thing - and for him vs Verdasco, and for Federer vs Del Potro, it was.
scoobs is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2009, 10:20 AM   #123
country flag Jess22

Jess22 has a reputation beyond reputeJess22 has a reputation beyond reputeJess22 has a reputation beyond reputeJess22 has a reputation beyond reputeJess22 has a reputation beyond reputeJess22 has a reputation beyond reputeJess22 has a reputation beyond reputeJess22 has a reputation beyond reputeJess22 has a reputation beyond reputeJess22 has a reputation beyond reputeJess22 has a reputation beyond repute

Disappointing but even if he did get through he really didn't look at top of his game, even if it means losing 4th seed for AO maybe it will take some of the pressure off him. I can't wait for the next Fed-Murray match either considering what's just happened
Old 11-27-2009, 11:57 AM   #124
country flag Betty

Betty has a reputation beyond reputeBetty has a reputation beyond reputeBetty has a reputation beyond reputeBetty has a reputation beyond reputeBetty has a reputation beyond reputeBetty has a reputation beyond reputeBetty has a reputation beyond reputeBetty has a reputation beyond reputeBetty has a reputation beyond reputeBetty has a reputation beyond reputeBetty has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoobs View Post
Yep - and I think he needs the rest, mentally if nothing else, he seems more at odds with himself and his own game than anything else, complete contrast to how he looked at the start of the year.

It's a rough way to be eliminated but he had his fate in his own hands earlier and blew it so...

He knows that while at most tournaments you just have to win, whatever, but here how you win can become the most important thing - and for him vs Verdasco, and for Federer vs Del Potro, it was.
yes he can blame only himself for to be out
said that..rest andy and back stronger next yearwe wait u and a GS title
2011=w/Corey F.:Auckland SF -Zagreb F -Wimbledon QF w/Dupuis2006 Nottingham W- w/acionescu Atlanta F
2010=w/Corey F. -Auckland F - w/Boarder35mNewport F -Tokyo F - w/acionescu Manerbio ch F-
2009 : (w/Corey F.) Washington W - Cordoba / Pozoblanco W - (w/Boarder35m)-Bordeaux W
TT Single 2012 O.G. SF Dubai W -Atlanta W Casablanca F 2011 Rabat , Metz F-Los Angeles W;2009 Todi ; Bergamo W -Wimbledon F -Karlsruhe F -Estoril SF;2008 = Tunica R., A.Seville SF

FORZA INTER
Betty is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2009, 01:04 PM   #125
country flag shmeeko69

shmeeko69 has a reputation beyond reputeshmeeko69 has a reputation beyond reputeshmeeko69 has a reputation beyond reputeshmeeko69 has a reputation beyond reputeshmeeko69 has a reputation beyond reputeshmeeko69 has a reputation beyond reputeshmeeko69 has a reputation beyond reputeshmeeko69 has a reputation beyond reputeshmeeko69 has a reputation beyond reputeshmeeko69 has a reputation beyond reputeshmeeko69 has a reputation beyond repute

Really unlikely to miss out by one game,
hope he comes back stronger next year &
seriously competes for the grand slams.

Mark

Betting Reviews

Racing Winners
shmeeko69 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2009, 05:21 PM   #126
country flag tedlesurfeur

tedlesurfeur has a reputation beyond reputetedlesurfeur has a reputation beyond reputetedlesurfeur has a reputation beyond reputetedlesurfeur has a reputation beyond reputetedlesurfeur has a reputation beyond reputetedlesurfeur has a reputation beyond reputetedlesurfeur has a reputation beyond reputetedlesurfeur has a reputation beyond reputetedlesurfeur has a reputation beyond reputetedlesurfeur has a reputation beyond reputetedlesurfeur has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

I see what you mean, but I don't necessarily agree. Let me explain.
Last year, Andy wanted to defeat Federer because (1) it would take out a major contender for the title and (2) to extend his little domination over the swiss (as he said in his interview) because he knows this can be important in a major's final for instance.

Roger didn't do that. To me, Roger let Del Potro win (in two sets + a tie break = 18 games) so that Murray could be out. Federer has clearly the better level in these finals, and played so poorly yesterday. I watched the match, but I guess you can see the highlights somewhere.. mid court powerless balls, haha, make me laugh. Not even running to retrieve a lob.. anyway, my point is Murray isn't a poor player, but what Federer did, to me, is bad sport. That's just my opinion. And I'm not even bitter
tedlesurfeur is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2009, 05:29 PM   #127

tedlesurfeur has a reputation beyond reputetedlesurfeur has a reputation beyond reputetedlesurfeur has a reputation beyond reputetedlesurfeur has a reputation beyond reputetedlesurfeur has a reputation beyond reputetedlesurfeur has a reputation beyond reputetedlesurfeur has a reputation beyond reputetedlesurfeur has a reputation beyond reputetedlesurfeur has a reputation beyond reputetedlesurfeur has a reputation beyond reputetedlesurfeur has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsTree View Post
Andy You fucked it up for yourself by arsing around this afternoon when you should've had Verdasco in 2. You have no one to blame but yourself Still I got to watch you win so at least that jinx is off! (Ted take note)
I'm not sure.
Last year, you hadn't bought tickets (and travelled) for Andy's masters matches and he got to the semifinals.
This year, you actually buy tickets to go and watch him, and he loses in round robin See my point?
Old 11-27-2009, 06:14 PM   #128
country flag I♥PsY@Mus!c

I♥PsY@Mus!c has a reputation beyond reputeI♥PsY@Mus!c has a reputation beyond reputeI♥PsY@Mus!c has a reputation beyond reputeI♥PsY@Mus!c has a reputation beyond reputeI♥PsY@Mus!c has a reputation beyond reputeI♥PsY@Mus!c has a reputation beyond reputeI♥PsY@Mus!c has a reputation beyond reputeI♥PsY@Mus!c has a reputation beyond reputeI♥PsY@Mus!c has a reputation beyond reputeI♥PsY@Mus!c has a reputation beyond reputeI♥PsY@Mus!c has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Andy to WTF (wipe the floor) with the rest of the WTF!

I haven't posted in any player forum's thread for a long time but finally want to say something.Every time he lost I was upset,I guess because I like Andy very much and want him to win big titles...yesterday I was thinking if Ego king would tank to lose the first set and of course he did it intentionally imo.It's especially hard to suffer the loss this time.Even though I don't think he would win this title,hate to see him not qualify by one game and crappy RR system!

This year Andy grows on me a lot,he is a hardworking player,I like his dedication on tennis.See him next year,best of luck to him,hope he will stay healthy and achieve his goals!

Cheer for: Ljubicic Gonzalez Murray Mahut Soderling Tipsarevic Mathieu Simon Muller Tsonga Berdych Kohlschreiber Wawrinka Acasuso Almagro O.Rochus Kiefer...
I♥PsY@Mus!c is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2009, 08:51 AM   #129
country flag MsTree

MsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tedlesurfeur View Post
I'm not sure.
Last year, you hadn't bought tickets (and travelled) for Andy's masters matches and he got to the semifinals.
This year, you actually buy tickets to go and watch him, and he loses in round robin See my point?
Yes I see your point (it's always a better option to humour insane people )But I'm sure there are many many people who were there this year who weren't there last year
Lets just see what happens next year 2 in a row would be too much of a coincidence

Or.... did you buy tickets for the WTFs SFs Ted? Knowing what a jinx you are in the later rounds

Gillou ~~~~~ & ~~~~~ Andy
MsTree is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2009, 10:59 AM   #130

Oh, are you going again next year? Maybe I can go on the first sunday...
Old 11-28-2009, 11:37 AM   #131
country flag MsTree

MsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond repute

I absolutely loved it, yes I'm definitely going again next year!
Next time I would love to rent an apartment within walking distance of the O2 for the week, maybe offer floor / sofa space to any friendly MTFer who fancies a day or two at the tennis Or travel by the Thames Clipper, that looked a lot more fun than the reality of fighting 17 500 others for the tube back to Central London

Maybe we could cancel our collective jinxes and watch him win the whole thing

A few pics - bear in mind that I was in the cheap seats (and I have a crap camera)
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...8&l=39fe43ed50

Last edited by MsTree : 11-28-2009 at 11:48 AM.
Old 11-30-2009, 04:47 AM   #132
country flag Turquoise

Turquoise has a reputation beyond reputeTurquoise has a reputation beyond reputeTurquoise has a reputation beyond reputeTurquoise has a reputation beyond reputeTurquoise has a reputation beyond reputeTurquoise has a reputation beyond reputeTurquoise has a reputation beyond reputeTurquoise has a reputation beyond reputeTurquoise has a reputation beyond reputeTurquoise has a reputation beyond reputeTurquoise has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tedlesurfeur View Post
I see what you mean, but I don't necessarily agree. Let me explain.
Last year, Andy wanted to defeat Federer because (1) it would take out a major contender for the title and (2) to extend his little domination over the swiss (as he said in his interview) because he knows this can be important in a major's final for instance.

Roger didn't do that. To me, Roger let Del Potro win (in two sets + a tie break = 18 games) so that Murray could be out. Federer has clearly the better level in these finals, and played so poorly yesterday. I watched the match, but I guess you can see the highlights somewhere.. mid court powerless balls, haha, make me laugh. Not even running to retrieve a lob.. anyway, my point is Murray isn't a poor player, but what Federer did, to me, is bad sport. That's just my opinion. And I'm not even bitter

The means to an end was different, but the end result turned out to be the same:

2008: Andy played his heart out, ousted Federer in RR, and lost out in the semi-final to Davydenko

2009: Federer gave a half-hearted but tactical performance, ousted Andy in RR, and lost out in the semi-final against none other than Davydenko.

Pure poetic justice.
Old 11-30-2009, 06:09 AM   #133
country flag scoobs
Anastasia Komananov, KGB

scoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond repute

I will definitely be going again next year and I'll try and do it the same way again, I think - get tickets for the day and night sessions of the first two days so I get to see everybody once at least.

Hopefully Andy will be a little luckier next year!

Meanwhile I hope he gets some good rest and prepares well for next year - he's back playing again less than five week's time...
scoobs is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 05:54 PM   #134

Quote:
The means to an end was different, but the end result turned out to be the same:

2008: Andy played his heart out, ousted Federer in RR, and lost out in the semi-final to Davydenko

2009: Federer gave a half-hearted but tactical performance, ousted Andy in RR, and lost out in the semi-final against none other than Davydenko.

Pure poetic justice.
Indeed, this was justice. What I wanted to point out was Andy being much more of an inspiration to me than our current No.1, Federer, who I respect as a player, but as a person, I'm not sure. For any Federer's fan lurking around, I'm just saying I like Andy's attitude and way of thinking better.

Scoobs, are you going with Loch Les next year?
Old 12-02-2009, 09:35 PM   #135
country flag MsTree

He means me Scoobs in case he's being too obscure

Well I've booked the time off work already so I'm up for it I want to go to days 3 & 4 again (the 2nd round of RR matches) with maybe a day either side if funds permit. You fancy it Ted?