Andy to WTF (wipe the floor) with the rest of the WTF! - Page 8 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 11-24-2009, 11:47 PM   #106
country flag Andi-M

Andi-M has a reputation beyond reputeAndi-M has a reputation beyond reputeAndi-M has a reputation beyond reputeAndi-M has a reputation beyond reputeAndi-M has a reputation beyond reputeAndi-M has a reputation beyond reputeAndi-M has a reputation beyond reputeAndi-M has a reputation beyond reputeAndi-M has a reputation beyond reputeAndi-M has a reputation beyond reputeAndi-M has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Andy to WTF (wipe the floor) with the rest of the WTF!

terrible 3rd set from Murray, I don't like his chances anymore cos he will need a 2-0 against nando to secure qualification, but he cant seem to keep concentration throughout the whole match. Its like 1 good set and he's done. He got 2nd wind vs a tired potro but today vs fedgoat no answer at all.

So very very proud to be a fan of Mr Andy Murray Wimbledon Champion 2013

Double Grand slam champion. Olympic Gold Medalist. Holder of 9 Masters 1000 events # legend
Andi-M is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-25-2009, 08:01 AM   #107
country flag Turquoise

Turquoise has a reputation beyond reputeTurquoise has a reputation beyond reputeTurquoise has a reputation beyond reputeTurquoise has a reputation beyond reputeTurquoise has a reputation beyond reputeTurquoise has a reputation beyond reputeTurquoise has a reputation beyond reputeTurquoise has a reputation beyond reputeTurquoise has a reputation beyond reputeTurquoise has a reputation beyond reputeTurquoise has a reputation beyond repute

Well, I enjoyed that glorious first set...

First on his laundry list for 2010: work on that second serve, and work on it some more.

Anyway, Andy must take the situation firmly under control and resolve to beat Verdasco in straight sets. As long as he makes it through to the semis, this loss against Fed is palatable.

Come on, Andy!
Old 11-25-2009, 08:37 AM   #108
country flag MsTree

MsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond repute

Gosh what can I say?????

I watched them warmup before the doubles, I was sitting (in the gods) and I had bad vibes from then on.
And where I was sitting proved to be a problem as I was next to a 20 stone lardy boy who thought he could play tennis better than Andy... He was loud in his support for Fed (as I was for Andy!) but would then mutter something along the lines of "Stick that up your kilt you Scottish bastard..." Now I'm the sort of girl who doesn't keep her mouth shut, and after he shouted "serve underarm, you might get it in" I asked him if he was only supporting Fed as he wasn't Scottish... at the end of the match I told him I was looking forward to seeing him play in next years WTFs seeing as he was such an expert... but really I wanted to punch his fat face in I thought most folk in England were over his taken out of context quotes about the footie but obviously some bitterness still remains! I think I'll enjoy today more seeing as I have no real personal inclination for or against any of the players!!!

Anyway with all that going on it was difficult to concentrate on the tennis! I enjoyed the first set but my impression of the match was that it was lost by errors and bad serving rather than good play by either player! I wanted to see some of Andy's sexy passing shots but I think Fed was wary of them - he wasn't coming into the net and I can't rememeber Andy drop shotting him, there was only one ripper of a cc pass that I remember. Probably difficult to lob off the surface as the ball bounces so low, and if he had only been a bit more aggressive national and personal pride may still be intact

Must get ready to go... looking forward to seeing Nole this afternoon (I've only just started liking him, he totally got my back up before) I see Murray v Verdasco is the Thurs afternoon match and that's the last session I have a ticket for so I'll try to get back on after then!

Gillou ~~~~~ & ~~~~~ Andy
MsTree is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 12:00 PM   #109
country flag tedlesurfeur

tedlesurfeur has a reputation beyond reputetedlesurfeur has a reputation beyond reputetedlesurfeur has a reputation beyond reputetedlesurfeur has a reputation beyond reputetedlesurfeur has a reputation beyond reputetedlesurfeur has a reputation beyond reputetedlesurfeur has a reputation beyond reputetedlesurfeur has a reputation beyond reputetedlesurfeur has a reputation beyond reputetedlesurfeur has a reputation beyond reputetedlesurfeur has a reputation beyond repute

It had to be a troll speaking like this, I mean, what else could he be? The poor guy apparently doesn't know what tennis is, he just wanted Federer to crush Andy

You didn't punch him but hopefully he'll get some kind of backlash for his foul mouth one day, what goes around comes around

I agree with you. It was more about the lack of serve and errors that the match was lost. I really thought Andy was going to win after the first set, I was like "he knows how to play Federer".

Don't you think playing in front of the home crowd added pressure on Andy's shoulders? Get back to us asap, Loch Les
tedlesurfeur is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 12:21 PM   #110
country flag Betty

Betty has a reputation beyond reputeBetty has a reputation beyond reputeBetty has a reputation beyond reputeBetty has a reputation beyond reputeBetty has a reputation beyond reputeBetty has a reputation beyond reputeBetty has a reputation beyond reputeBetty has a reputation beyond reputeBetty has a reputation beyond reputeBetty has a reputation beyond reputeBetty has a reputation beyond repute

ridiculus first serve from andy
hope he can play better with nando
2011=w/Corey F.:Auckland SF -Zagreb F -Wimbledon QF w/Dupuis2006 Nottingham W- w/acionescu Atlanta F
2010=w/Corey F. -Auckland F - w/Boarder35mNewport F -Tokyo F - w/acionescu Manerbio ch F-
2009 : (w/Corey F.) Washington W - Cordoba / Pozoblanco W - (w/Boarder35m)-Bordeaux W
TT Single 2012 O.G. SF Dubai W -Atlanta W Casablanca F 2011 Rabat , Metz F-Los Angeles W;2009 Todi ; Bergamo W -Wimbledon F -Karlsruhe F -Estoril SF;2008 = Tunica R., A.Seville SF

FORZA INTER
Betty is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2009, 12:59 AM   #111
country flag MsTree

MsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond repute

Nah Ted I don't think Andy's too bothered about playing in front of a home crowd, most of them are Fed supporters anyway
On the same sort of note, what is funny about shouting "Come on Tim" at almost any tennis match played in England? Keeping the memory alive? Or just a sad reflection on the state of English tennis? I can almost see why it happens at Andy's matches, but someone shouted it tonight during the Nadal-Davydenko match - and a fair skelp of the audience laughed! WTF is that all about? Am I missing some weird deeper meaning here??? Help me out please English folks! I just think its sad poor Tim, it's like he's getting the piss taken out of him! All over again !

Anyway apart from Koyla I've been the kiss of death to all the players I've supported at the WTFs You jinxed me into being a jinx!!!

Just away to see if some kind soul on GM has worked out what Andy needs to do tomorrow to make the SFs and then bed, it's been a long day of tennis! I'm happy to report I was surrounded by fab, chatty interesting folk today, starting with Trevor the philospher at the train station in the morning, it's been a good day for people And Nole looked in his red outfit, I've gone from strongly disliking him to being very fond of him in less than a season. That Bulge Thread has a lot to answer for

Andy fucking better bring his A game tomorrow (shit, today) I've brought mine

Edit - wow I just found out Fed might not qualify Unlikely but funny

Last edited by MsTree : 11-26-2009 at 02:21 AM.
Old 11-26-2009, 05:34 PM   #112
country flag amdany

amdany has a reputation beyond reputeamdany has a reputation beyond reputeamdany has a reputation beyond reputeamdany has a reputation beyond reputeamdany has a reputation beyond reputeamdany has a reputation beyond reputeamdany has a reputation beyond reputeamdany has a reputation beyond reputeamdany has a reputation beyond reputeamdany has a reputation beyond reputeamdany has a reputation beyond repute

so, Andy won, and I think he needs Fed to win to qualify, right?
amdany is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2009, 05:36 PM   #113
country flag Baghdatis72
2011 Here we go again!

Baghdatis72 has a reputation beyond reputeBaghdatis72 has a reputation beyond reputeBaghdatis72 has a reputation beyond reputeBaghdatis72 has a reputation beyond reputeBaghdatis72 has a reputation beyond reputeBaghdatis72 has a reputation beyond reputeBaghdatis72 has a reputation beyond reputeBaghdatis72 has a reputation beyond reputeBaghdatis72 has a reputation beyond reputeBaghdatis72 has a reputation beyond reputeBaghdatis72 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by amdany View Post
so, Andy won, and I think he needs Fed to win to qualify, right?
He needs either Fed to win or Delpo to win narrowly in 3 sets.

The Present - The Past
Baghdatis72 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2009, 05:38 PM   #114
country flag Betty

Betty has a reputation beyond reputeBetty has a reputation beyond reputeBetty has a reputation beyond reputeBetty has a reputation beyond reputeBetty has a reputation beyond reputeBetty has a reputation beyond reputeBetty has a reputation beyond reputeBetty has a reputation beyond reputeBetty has a reputation beyond reputeBetty has a reputation beyond reputeBetty has a reputation beyond repute

what in 3 set the both?
2011=w/Corey F.:Auckland SF -Zagreb F -Wimbledon QF w/Dupuis2006 Nottingham W- w/acionescu Atlanta F
2010=w/Corey F. -Auckland F - w/Boarder35mNewport F -Tokyo F - w/acionescu Manerbio ch F-
2009 : (w/Corey F.) Washington W - Cordoba / Pozoblanco W - (w/Boarder35m)-Bordeaux W
TT Single 2012 O.G. SF Dubai W -Atlanta W Casablanca F 2011 Rabat , Metz F-Los Angeles W;2009 Todi ; Bergamo W -Wimbledon F -Karlsruhe F -Estoril SF;2008 = Tunica R., A.Seville SF

FORZA INTER
Old 11-26-2009, 05:43 PM   #115
country flag Baghdatis72
2011 Here we go again!

Baghdatis72 has a reputation beyond reputeBaghdatis72 has a reputation beyond reputeBaghdatis72 has a reputation beyond reputeBaghdatis72 has a reputation beyond reputeBaghdatis72 has a reputation beyond reputeBaghdatis72 has a reputation beyond reputeBaghdatis72 has a reputation beyond reputeBaghdatis72 has a reputation beyond reputeBaghdatis72 has a reputation beyond reputeBaghdatis72 has a reputation beyond reputeBaghdatis72 has a reputation beyond repute

Actually if Fed wins then Fed and Andy are through. If Delpo wins in straight sets then Andy and Delpo are through. If Delpo wins in 3 then it's a bit complicated and it depends on the game difference to decide who goes through.

The Present - The Past
Old 11-26-2009, 05:45 PM   #116
country flag Betty

so we need fed win?

FORZA INTER
Old 11-26-2009, 06:01 PM   #117
country flag Baghdatis72
2011 Here we go again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betty View Post
so we need fed win?
One of the following:

1) Fed win
2) Delpo win 2-0
3) Delpo win 2-1 (less than 5 games difference or more than 9 games difference)

The Present - The Past
Old 11-26-2009, 06:24 PM   #118
country flag Betty

ok thk..i have to root for fed now:Scared: i dont see delpo wins in 2 easy

FORZA INTER
Old 11-26-2009, 11:35 PM   #119
country flag MsTree

Andy You fucked it up for yourself by arsing around this afternoon when you should've had Verdasco in 2. You have no one to blame but yourself Still I got to watch you win so at least that jinx is off! (Ted take note)

Old 11-27-2009, 01:23 AM   #120
country flag Andi-M

Andi-M has a reputation beyond reputeAndi-M has a reputation beyond reputeAndi-M has a reputation beyond reputeAndi-M has a reputation beyond reputeAndi-M has a reputation beyond reputeAndi-M has a reputation beyond reputeAndi-M has a reputation beyond reputeAndi-M has a reputation beyond reputeAndi-M has a reputation beyond reputeAndi-M has a reputation beyond reputeAndi-M has a reputation beyond repute

Knowing what the situation was Frauderer did not hesistate to tank his service game and hand delpo a SF place. It's Andy's fault ultimately winning in 2 was the target and he didnt do it, by not doing that he allowed RF to decide who goes to the SF.

Cant wait 4 next Fed Murray match hopefully AO SF or F, Murray will be even more fired up than normal. It'll be great.

So very very proud to be a fan of Mr Andy Murray Wimbledon Champion 2013

Double Grand slam champion. Olympic Gold Medalist. Holder of 9 Masters 1000 events # legend
Andi-M is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote