Do The Mods Think They're Gods? - Page 9 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Closed Thread

Old 11-21-2009, 09:46 AM   #121
country flag ryan23

ryan23 has a reputation beyond reputeryan23 has a reputation beyond reputeryan23 has a reputation beyond reputeryan23 has a reputation beyond reputeryan23 has a reputation beyond reputeryan23 has a reputation beyond reputeryan23 has a reputation beyond reputeryan23 has a reputation beyond reputeryan23 has a reputation beyond reputeryan23 has a reputation beyond reputeryan23 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Do The Mods Think They're Gods?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilbo View Post
agreed and if he's smart he's going to a pro-american forum
Or pro right-wing

Big Star/Alex Chilton R.I.P

The Stone Roses

Guns N' Roses
ryan23 is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-21-2009, 03:15 PM   #122
country flag buddyholly
RAVE ON

buddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan23 View Post
Or pro right-wing
You (and bilbo, of course) are maybe missing the point that a ''forum'' is a place for all opinions to be heard. Don't confuse a forum with a propaganda site or a fan site.

What you think I should do is the equivalent of suggesting that all General Message posters go to their own favourite player's website, where they can be sure that the only opinions heard will be just like their own.

That would be bland, boring, comforting and lacking stimulation. But hey, maybe that is what you are looking for.

There's no need to wink when you mention the right. Economically I am definitely on the right. Personal lifestyle is another story.
Old 11-28-2009, 08:41 AM   #123
country flag gulzhan

gulzhan has a reputation beyond reputegulzhan has a reputation beyond reputegulzhan has a reputation beyond reputegulzhan has a reputation beyond reputegulzhan has a reputation beyond reputegulzhan has a reputation beyond reputegulzhan has a reputation beyond reputegulzhan has a reputation beyond reputegulzhan has a reputation beyond reputegulzhan has a reputation beyond reputegulzhan has a reputation beyond repute

For the beginning, I'd like to know who of the mods take this or that action? When I got banned (yes, hard to believe it but I once was :angel), Scoobs wrote me a message. So, I knew the author. Now, who closes the threads? Who closed my nice and funny thread about semifinals at WTF? I'd like to know who is that idiot, if possible, please

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orka_n View Post
There is few things in life that I appreciate more than Nadal getting roasted. I'm serious, it brings me joy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SheepleBuster View Post
to be honest, I just want to see Rafa lose. I get aroused when I see Rafa's heartbreaking moments
gulzhan is online now View My Blog!  
Old 11-28-2009, 08:58 AM   #124
country flag jonathancrane

jonathancrane has a reputation beyond reputejonathancrane has a reputation beyond reputejonathancrane has a reputation beyond reputejonathancrane has a reputation beyond reputejonathancrane has a reputation beyond reputejonathancrane has a reputation beyond reputejonathancrane has a reputation beyond reputejonathancrane has a reputation beyond reputejonathancrane has a reputation beyond reputejonathancrane has a reputation beyond reputejonathancrane has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by gulzhan View Post
For the beginning, I'd like to know who of the mods take this or that action? When I got banned (yes, hard to believe it but I once was :angel), Scoobs wrote me a message. So, I knew the author. Now, who closes the threads? Who closed my nice and funny thread about semifinals at WTF? I'd like to know who is that idiot, if possible, please
Why were you banned?
jonathancrane is offline View My Blog!  
Old 11-28-2009, 09:18 AM   #125
country flag gulzhan

gulzhan has a reputation beyond reputegulzhan has a reputation beyond reputegulzhan has a reputation beyond reputegulzhan has a reputation beyond reputegulzhan has a reputation beyond reputegulzhan has a reputation beyond reputegulzhan has a reputation beyond reputegulzhan has a reputation beyond reputegulzhan has a reputation beyond reputegulzhan has a reputation beyond reputegulzhan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonathancrane View Post
Why were you banned?
I said "all the Westerners are hypocrites" My bad, I should have said-- "all the Westerners who post here are hypocrites" I don't regret it, it was when I was having a War for the Dubai tournament

And yes, hypocrisy makes me so mad that I don't care about any politeness and political correctness Unf. Americans, and most of the mods are Americans as I understood, are the biggest hypocrites of all the nations. It's cultural. Sometimes I think they managed to pursuade themselves they have roses instead of crap coming out of their arses (copyright George, I just slightly changed the phrase ).

Quote:
There is few things in life that I appreciate more than Nadal getting roasted. I'm serious, it brings me joy.
Quote:
to be honest, I just want to see Rafa lose. I get aroused when I see Rafa's heartbreaking moments
Old 11-28-2009, 04:22 PM   #126
country flag Lee
Gugaholic

Lee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I said "all the Westerners are hypocrites" My bad, I should have said-- "all the Westerners who post here are hypocrites" I don't regret it, it was when I was having a War for the Dubai tournament

And yes, hypocrisy makes me so mad that I don't care about any politeness and political correctness Unf. Americans, and most of the mods are Americans as I understood, are the biggest hypocrites of all the nations. It's cultural. Sometimes I think they managed to pursuade themselves they have roses instead of crap coming out of their arses (copyright George, I just slightly changed the phrase ).

The 3 administrators of this forum are all Europeans. 2 supermods are South Americans and another an Australian. Even you count all the moderators (including only player forums plus a Canadian), there are only 5 moderators from North America. So 5 out of 17 moderators in this forum are considered as most? Even we stretch it more to include the 2 South Americans as the Americans you're referring to, which I highly doubt, your statement, the bold part, is still false.
Lee is offline View My Blog!  
Old 11-29-2009, 04:24 AM   #127
country flag gulzhan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee View Post

The 3 administrators of this forum are all Europeans. 2 supermods are South Americans and another an Australian. Even you count all the moderators (including only player forums plus a Canadian), there are only 5 moderators from North America. So 5 out of 17 moderators in this forum are considered as most? Even we stretch it more to include the 2 South Americans as the Americans you're referring to, which I highly doubt, your statement, the bold part, is still false.
That'd be more transparent if you say how many of those 5 monitor GM and Non-Tennis

Also, get one East-European and one Asian and I will feel less discriminated

Quote:
Quote:
Old 11-29-2009, 07:54 AM   #128
country flag Lee
Gugaholic

Lee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
That'd be more transparent if you say how many of those 5 monitor GM and Non-Tennis

Also, get one East-European and one Asian and I will feel less discriminated
The transparency is here, only you don't bother to look it up. It's extremely easy for you to find it out yourself because the link is at the bottome of the home page of this forum but anyway, here's the link which exists for many years already.

http://www.menstennisforums.com/showgroups.php

You can see for yourself which moderators are responsible for which forums.

It shows cleary that other than the supermods and admins, Raging Lamb is the only mod from North America, a Canadian, who moderates GM only. All other moderators for GM and NT are 3 Europeans (SloKid is from Slovenia who may qualify as East European, I'm not sure so I don't really want to assume), 2 South Americans and 1 Australian.

But if you prefer to belief/think yourself being discriminated on this board because of where you're from, there's nothing in this world will change your mind.
Old 11-29-2009, 08:15 AM   #129
country flag Peta Pan
Same as it ever was

Peta Pan has a reputation beyond reputePeta Pan has a reputation beyond reputePeta Pan has a reputation beyond reputePeta Pan has a reputation beyond reputePeta Pan has a reputation beyond reputePeta Pan has a reputation beyond reputePeta Pan has a reputation beyond reputePeta Pan has a reputation beyond reputePeta Pan has a reputation beyond reputePeta Pan has a reputation beyond reputePeta Pan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
The transparency is here, only you don't bother to look it up. It's extremely easy for you to find it out yourself because the link is at the bottome of the home page of this forum but anyway, here's the link which exists for many years already.

http://www.menstennisforums.com/showgroups.php

You can see for yourself which moderators are responsible for which forums.

It shows cleary that other than the supermods and admins, Raging Lamb is the only mod from North America, a Canadian, who moderates GM only. All other moderators for GM and NT are 3 Europeans (SloKid is from Slovenia who may qualify as East European, I'm not sure so I don't really want to assume), 2 South Americans and 1 Australian.

But if you prefer to belief/think yourself being discriminated on this board because of where you're from, there's nothing in this world will change your mind.
Actually, that's really not correct anymore. There are no specific moderators for GM or NT, all of us that formally were are supermods so we all help out in all areas
Peta Pan is offline View My Blog!  
Old 11-29-2009, 08:20 AM   #130
country flag Lee
Gugaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peta Pan View Post
Actually, that's really not correct anymore. There are no specific moderators for GM or NT, all of us that formally were are supermods so we all help out in all areas
Are you saying player forum mods like Jess, Jiat, Deb etc are also moderators for all forums too? Because I don't think they have involved in moderating GM or NT
Old 11-29-2009, 08:31 AM   #131
country flag Peta Pan
Same as it ever was

Peta Pan has a reputation beyond reputePeta Pan has a reputation beyond reputePeta Pan has a reputation beyond reputePeta Pan has a reputation beyond reputePeta Pan has a reputation beyond reputePeta Pan has a reputation beyond reputePeta Pan has a reputation beyond reputePeta Pan has a reputation beyond reputePeta Pan has a reputation beyond reputePeta Pan has a reputation beyond reputePeta Pan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Are you saying player forum mods like Jess, Jiat, Deb etc are also moderators for all forums too? Because I don't think they have involved in moderating GM or NT
No... I said GM and NT mods don't have specific moderators anymore because they were the areas being talked about. You mentioned that Raging Lamb moderated in only GM but that isn't true anymore... so I was just mentioning that in that way, that list is not really in date anymore
Old 11-29-2009, 08:40 AM   #132
country flag Lee
Gugaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peta Pan View Post
No... I said GM and NT mods don't have specific moderators anymore because they were the areas being talked about. You mentioned that Raging Lamb moderated in only GM but that isn't true anymore... so I was just mentioning that in that way, that list is not really in date anymore
OK! So basically the list of moderators for GM and NT is basically the same. The admin, supermods and RL. Anyone else?

It's really late here so my brain may not be working correctly
Old 11-29-2009, 08:43 AM   #133
country flag Peta Pan
Same as it ever was

Quote:
OK! So basically the list of moderators for GM and NT is basically the same. The admin, supermods and RL. Anyone else?
No, there is no specific GM or NT mod, RL, Fergie, Zirconek were all GM and I was NT but now we are all Supermods so there is no one specific for those forums anymore, we all help in all sections.
Old 11-29-2009, 08:57 AM   #134
country flag Lee
Gugaholic

OK, so other than RL, Fergie, Zirconek, Neely, SloKid, Carlita and you, anyone else can moderate GM and NT?
Old 11-29-2009, 09:12 AM   #135
country flag Peta Pan
Same as it ever was

no
Closed Thread