Who will be Richard's Mirka? - Page 3 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 11-16-2009, 03:38 PM   #31
country flag scmom

scmom has a reputation beyond reputescmom has a reputation beyond reputescmom has a reputation beyond reputescmom has a reputation beyond reputescmom has a reputation beyond reputescmom has a reputation beyond reputescmom has a reputation beyond reputescmom has a reputation beyond reputescmom has a reputation beyond reputescmom has a reputation beyond reputescmom has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Who will be Richard's Mirka?

Jenn- if you do wind up coming to IW let me know
would be fun to see you there
You might enjoy meeting my daughter too - never hurts to have a "wingman "
last time I talked to her , she was going to try to come to the tournament for a day or two , as well
scmom is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-16-2009, 04:50 PM   #32
country flag Gretchen.

Gretchen. has a reputation beyond reputeGretchen. has a reputation beyond reputeGretchen. has a reputation beyond reputeGretchen. has a reputation beyond reputeGretchen. has a reputation beyond reputeGretchen. has a reputation beyond reputeGretchen. has a reputation beyond reputeGretchen. has a reputation beyond reputeGretchen. has a reputation beyond reputeGretchen. has a reputation beyond reputeGretchen. has a reputation beyond repute

It will all depend on whether or not I'll be free from Uni, since it is my last year and all.But I've been to Indian Wells before (02 and 03) and I really loved it, and it's definitely a tournament I would want to go to again, (it is better than Miami ).
Gretchen. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 07:00 PM   #33
country flag ~*BGT*~

~*BGT*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*BGT*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*BGT*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*BGT*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*BGT*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*BGT*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*BGT*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*BGT*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*BGT*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*BGT*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*BGT*~ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnysmydelite View Post
That sounds like an awesome idea Aww I think he'd love the Gasquetaires.This means I have to make it my mission to go to Indian Wells next year, smaller venue and easier to mingle with players
Yeah, I'd be totally content with you being his GF. That's why I was so happy Andy got married to Brooklyn, because I actually really like her. It'd suck if I didn't How tall are you again? I think you said 5'7"? Because I don't want Richie with an amazon woman.

Quote:
It will all depend on whether or not I'll be free from Uni, since it is my last year and all.But I've been to Indian Wells before (02 and 03) and I really loved it, and it's definitely a tournament I would want to go to again, (it is better than Miami ).
Aw no, why is IW better than Miami? I always wanted to go to Miami. I've had two layovers there flying into New Orleans, and I'd actually like to walk on the ground there one day

~♠ Gasquetaires ♠~

un pour tous, tous pour un
‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾
~*BGT*~ is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 07:07 PM   #34
country flag Cloudygirl

Cloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond repute

I somehow think that if Richard makes it to miami next year he will be keeping a very very very low profile so sightings might be far more likely at Indian Wells

You guys realise with his current ranking he prob won't qualify for the MS at the beginning of the year. If he gets a shitty AO draw or can't play his ranking will be really down the tube.
Old 11-16-2009, 07:15 PM   #35
country flag Gretchen.

Gretchen. has a reputation beyond reputeGretchen. has a reputation beyond reputeGretchen. has a reputation beyond reputeGretchen. has a reputation beyond reputeGretchen. has a reputation beyond reputeGretchen. has a reputation beyond reputeGretchen. has a reputation beyond reputeGretchen. has a reputation beyond reputeGretchen. has a reputation beyond reputeGretchen. has a reputation beyond reputeGretchen. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~*BGT*~ View Post
Yeah, I'd be totally content with you being his GF. That's why I was so happy Andy got married to Brooklyn, because I actually really like her. It'd suck if I didn't How tall are you again? I think you said 5'7"? Because I don't want Richie with an amazon woman.
Aw thanks (:. I am 5'8" so not that tall and he is around 5'11" cause no way is he 6'1" as the ATP site list him, so nah I won't tower over him Don't worry.

Quote:
Aw no, why is IW better than Miami? I always wanted to go to Miami. I've had two layovers there flying into New Orleans, and I'd actually like to walk on the ground there one day
Personally I like the whole venue better.The Miami center court is awesome but when you compare it to Indian Wells I think IW takes the cake.Oh and also parking is horrendous in Miami, you park somewhere out in the woods and then to get to the actual site of the tournament you take a bus with about 50 Cubans and Serbians around you,almost all of em half naked Yeah that wasn't so pleasant . I dunno just for me, I'm not the biggest fan of Miami, but you might like it more than me who knows
Old 11-16-2009, 08:08 PM   #36
country flag scmom

scmom has a reputation beyond reputescmom has a reputation beyond reputescmom has a reputation beyond reputescmom has a reputation beyond reputescmom has a reputation beyond reputescmom has a reputation beyond reputescmom has a reputation beyond reputescmom has a reputation beyond reputescmom has a reputation beyond reputescmom has a reputation beyond reputescmom has a reputation beyond repute

what a depressing thought , that Richard might not qualify for IW or Miami
Their draws are pretty large - though - so I think players ranked in the 60's get direct entry
We are going to think positive thoughts that he will be there

I have never been to the Miami tournament - but I have friends who have been to both - and they definitely preferred IW
just because of the ease of getting to and from the tournament site
The lack of humidity did not hurt either

I would be surprised if Richard went out of his hotel room in Miami - if he goes there at all - except to play tennis
definitely , you would see more of him out and about in IW
scmom is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 09:45 PM   #37
country flag Schu

Schu has a reputation beyond reputeSchu has a reputation beyond reputeSchu has a reputation beyond reputeSchu has a reputation beyond reputeSchu has a reputation beyond reputeSchu has a reputation beyond reputeSchu has a reputation beyond reputeSchu has a reputation beyond reputeSchu has a reputation beyond reputeSchu has a reputation beyond reputeSchu has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudygirl View Post
I somehow think that if Richard makes it to miami next year he will be keeping a very very very low profile so sightings might be far more likely at Indian Wells

You guys realise with his current ranking he prob won't qualify for the MS at the beginning of the year. If he gets a shitty AO draw or can't play his ranking will be really down the tube.
That's too depressing to think that RIchie might have to play qualies to even get in early season 1000s. Even MORE depresing to think he might not even be able to play the qualies - THEY JUST CAN'T DO THAT. And yes, I don't think we'll be seeing any more Miami cheerleader pictures.

Assuming he can play a full season, positive thinking here - what's the deal with the 1000s? He missed two 1000s this summer (with no injury excuse) so will he still not be able to play 2 in 2010 as punishment or is his ranking low enough that the rule doesn't apply for him anymore?

As for Miami v. IW, Although I've never seen the venue at Miami, I have been to Miami several times and to Indian Wells but not during the tournament and I'd have to vote for IW no question.
Schu is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 11:52 PM   #38
country flag Lemon Custard

Lemon Custard has a reputation beyond reputeLemon Custard has a reputation beyond reputeLemon Custard has a reputation beyond reputeLemon Custard has a reputation beyond reputeLemon Custard has a reputation beyond reputeLemon Custard has a reputation beyond reputeLemon Custard has a reputation beyond reputeLemon Custard has a reputation beyond reputeLemon Custard has a reputation beyond reputeLemon Custard has a reputation beyond reputeLemon Custard has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I like that idea too!! He'd have a girl who is smart, well educated, totally gorgeous and has his best interests at heart. Sounds perfect to me. Unless I get to him in Sydney first! hahahahaha! Just kidding....
Lemon Custard is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 11:55 PM   #39
country flag Getta

Getta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schu View Post
That's too depressing to think that RIchie might have to play qualies to even get in early season 1000s. Even MORE depresing to think he might not even be able to play the qualies - THEY JUST CAN'T DO THAT. And yes, I don't think we'll be seeing any more Miami cheerleader pictures.
both singles main draws at Indian Wells (2009 original cut-off: #79) and Miami (2009 original cut-off: #77) include 96 players in a 128-player grid.

so there's probably no need to worry.
Getta is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 12:17 AM   #40
country flag Cloudygirl

Cloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Getta View Post
both singles main draws at Indian Wells (2009 original cut-off: #79) and Miami (2009 original cut-off: #77) include 96 players in a 128-player grid.

so there's probably no need to worry.
He has 850 points at the moment but about 500 of that he has to defend up to and including Indian Wells. if he fails to defend he might not qualify. Hopefully he will I feel confident of his performance in the MMs at least but you know what his luck is like at pulling shitty draws.
Old 11-17-2009, 03:37 AM   #41
country flag ~*BGT*~

~*BGT*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*BGT*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*BGT*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*BGT*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*BGT*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*BGT*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*BGT*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*BGT*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*BGT*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*BGT*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*BGT*~ has a reputation beyond repute

^^ I'm not very confident about the AO and the tournies leading up to it. He has back to back SF in Brisbane and Sydney to defend and a 3rd round at the AO, and he has to do all of this without the luxury of being a seed.

~♠ Gasquetaires ♠~

un pour tous, tous pour un
‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾
~*BGT*~ is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 03:47 AM   #42

Lemon Custard has a reputation beyond reputeLemon Custard has a reputation beyond reputeLemon Custard has a reputation beyond reputeLemon Custard has a reputation beyond reputeLemon Custard has a reputation beyond reputeLemon Custard has a reputation beyond reputeLemon Custard has a reputation beyond reputeLemon Custard has a reputation beyond reputeLemon Custard has a reputation beyond reputeLemon Custard has a reputation beyond reputeLemon Custard has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
^^ I'm not very confident about the AO and the tournies leading up to it. He has back to back SF in Brisbane and Sydney to defend and a 3rd round at the AO, and he has to do all of this without the luxury of being a seed.
He'll have David and me cheering at Brisbane and Sydney respectively, and our combined powers in Melbourne. That's about all we can do. It's a long way back, but we just have to hope that new, improved, determined Richie gets his butt into gear and gives it all he's got!
Old 11-17-2009, 01:42 PM   #43
country flag Gretchen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemon Custard View Post
I like that idea too!! He'd have a girl who is smart, well educated, totally gorgeous and has his best interests at heart. Sounds perfect to me. Unless I get to him in Sydney first! hahahahaha! Just kidding....
Aha some competition

But if you do catch him at Sydney, don't take him to clubs please
Old 11-17-2009, 10:22 PM   #44

Quote:
Aha some competition

But if you do catch him at Sydney, don't take him to clubs please
Haha! Not that i could even come close to competing with you ... but I won't take him to any clubs, PROMISE!! Not that the Sydney drug scene is as prevalent as in Miami!
Old 11-18-2009, 01:00 AM   #45
country flag Gretchen.

Well still there could be baaaaaaaaaad people in the clubs

Though seriously for his sake I hope he is staying away from clubs, don't want him to turn into a clam but I hope he is picking his fun activities more wisely