Germany's national goalkeeper Robert Enke dies at the age of 32 - Page 3 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 11-11-2009, 10:18 AM   #31
country flag Bilbo

Bilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Germany's national goalkeeper Robert Enke dies at the age of 32

he left a letter but it's not known what is written in there yet

poor guy

RIP brother
Bilbo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-11-2009, 10:25 AM   #32
country flag SloKid
In hiding.

SloKid has a reputation beyond reputeSloKid has a reputation beyond reputeSloKid has a reputation beyond reputeSloKid has a reputation beyond reputeSloKid has a reputation beyond reputeSloKid has a reputation beyond reputeSloKid has a reputation beyond reputeSloKid has a reputation beyond reputeSloKid has a reputation beyond reputeSloKid has a reputation beyond reputeSloKid has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilbo View Post
he left a letter but it's not known what is written in there yet
I think it was quite clear yesterday that there must've been something like a letter, because his agent came out early on and confirmed it was suicide, so he must've had some definite proof.
SloKid is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 10:29 AM   #33
country flag Jelena

Jelena has a reputation beyond reputeJelena has a reputation beyond reputeJelena has a reputation beyond reputeJelena has a reputation beyond reputeJelena has a reputation beyond reputeJelena has a reputation beyond reputeJelena has a reputation beyond reputeJelena has a reputation beyond reputeJelena has a reputation beyond reputeJelena has a reputation beyond reputeJelena has a reputation beyond repute

When I came home last night and switched on tv I only saw the second half of the newsticker. "Someone confirmed to the tv station it was suicide." I thought: "Who?", switched on teletext and read the news.

It's only unbelievable, I don't want to be in Teresa's shoes now.

Robert, I hope you saw Lara again.

Bolo Zenden, Bobo Gille, Zlatan
Jelena is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 10:44 AM   #34
country flag Bilbo

Bilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond repute

even though we are all sad about this it has to be said he has left a big pile of fragments to many people.

first of all his wife who now has to suffer two horrible deaths in her life. second of all the train driver who might have a shock for the rest of his life.

and of course big chaos in german football and his own club.
Old 11-11-2009, 11:02 AM   #35
country flag JolánGagó
Banned!

JolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilbo View Post
even though we are all sad about this it has to be said he has left a big pile of fragments to many people.

first of all his wife who now has to suffer two horrible deaths in her life. second of all the train driver who might have a shock for the rest of his life.

and of course big chaos in german football and his own club.

Always happens when people kill themselves.
JolánGagó is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 12:49 PM   #36
country flag Okonsky
@Ryan's Hat

Okonsky has a reputation beyond reputeOkonsky has a reputation beyond reputeOkonsky has a reputation beyond reputeOkonsky has a reputation beyond reputeOkonsky has a reputation beyond reputeOkonsky has a reputation beyond reputeOkonsky has a reputation beyond reputeOkonsky has a reputation beyond reputeOkonsky has a reputation beyond reputeOkonsky has a reputation beyond reputeOkonsky has a reputation beyond repute

He couldn't bear the thought he lost his girl...
Old 11-11-2009, 01:08 PM   #37
country flag Bilbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by ..::Manon::.. View Post
He couldn't bear the thought he lost his girl...
that's what many people thought but it wasn't the real reason. at least not the direct reason.

he had massive depressions since 2003 even before his daughter was borned. he was afraid to lose his adoptive daughter if anyone would know about his illness. and because he already lost his own daughter and it could have happened twice it was too much for him at the end.
Old 11-11-2009, 02:56 PM   #38
country flag Har-Tru
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Har-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond repute

Terrible, just terrible.

Apparently he had massive fear of failure. Ironic, seeing as he was better at what he did than 99,9% of people, but that's how the human mind works...

RIP and all my best to his wife, daughter, family and friends.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deck View Post
I feel sorry for his wife: first the child, now the husband.
But honestly, I don't feel more sorry than for every honest man dying in Gaza, Afghanistan or Iraq.
I see your point, but that was uncalled for.

Tennis has no blood passport system, and does basically no out of competition testing.

The methods and drugs used by Armstrong in 1999 would work in tennis right now, with zero chance of being caught (not slightly surprising to anyone familiar with the topic, btw).
Har-Tru is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 03:41 PM   #39
country flag ClaudiuS

ClaudiuS has a reputation beyond reputeClaudiuS has a reputation beyond reputeClaudiuS has a reputation beyond reputeClaudiuS has a reputation beyond reputeClaudiuS has a reputation beyond reputeClaudiuS has a reputation beyond reputeClaudiuS has a reputation beyond reputeClaudiuS has a reputation beyond reputeClaudiuS has a reputation beyond reputeClaudiuS has a reputation beyond reputeClaudiuS has a reputation beyond repute

Some of my fellow chilean countrymens living in Europe deserve to be drown in the Baltic Sea. What a bunch of retards.
ClaudiuS is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 03:42 PM   #40
country flag Har-Tru
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Har-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaudiuS View Post
Some of my fellow chilean countrymens living in Europe deserve to be drown in the Baltic Sea. What a bunch of retards.
Why?

Tennis has no blood passport system, and does basically no out of competition testing.

The methods and drugs used by Armstrong in 1999 would work in tennis right now, with zero chance of being caught (not slightly surprising to anyone familiar with the topic, btw).
Old 11-11-2009, 03:44 PM   #41
country flag ClaudiuS

ClaudiuS has a reputation beyond reputeClaudiuS has a reputation beyond reputeClaudiuS has a reputation beyond reputeClaudiuS has a reputation beyond reputeClaudiuS has a reputation beyond reputeClaudiuS has a reputation beyond reputeClaudiuS has a reputation beyond reputeClaudiuS has a reputation beyond reputeClaudiuS has a reputation beyond reputeClaudiuS has a reputation beyond reputeClaudiuS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Har-Tru View Post
Why?
They're saying that the suicide was an excuse to just not play with Chile on Saturday. And it's unfair that the match had to be suspended.

"Why the next friendly match of Germany isn't suspended either? Does the mourn only last when they play with us? cowards!"

Last edited by ClaudiuS : 11-11-2009 at 03:51 PM.
ClaudiuS is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 03:52 PM   #42
country flag Har-Tru
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
They're saying that the suicide was an excuse to just not play with Chile on Saturday. And it's unfair that the match had to be suspended.

"Why the next friendly match of Germany isn't suspended either? Does the mourn only last when they play with us? cowards!"
Beyond disgraceful.

Old 11-11-2009, 06:41 PM   #43
country flag ChinoRios4Ever

ChinoRios4Ever has a reputation beyond reputeChinoRios4Ever has a reputation beyond reputeChinoRios4Ever has a reputation beyond reputeChinoRios4Ever has a reputation beyond reputeChinoRios4Ever has a reputation beyond reputeChinoRios4Ever has a reputation beyond reputeChinoRios4Ever has a reputation beyond reputeChinoRios4Ever has a reputation beyond reputeChinoRios4Ever has a reputation beyond reputeChinoRios4Ever has a reputation beyond reputeChinoRios4Ever has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Simply pathetic! :retard:

TT Rankings: #62 (S) & #92 (D).
Results Singles: W Auckland 09, Washington 09, Acapulco 10, 's-Hertogenbosch 10 & Fürth CH 08, F Bucharest 10, 's-Hertogenbosch 11 & Bucaramanga CH 09.
Results Doubles: W Bogota CH 08 (w/ClaudiuS), F Acapulco 09 (w/lucho_coria), Bucaramanga CH 09 (w/Gallina), ROLAND GARROS 09, Los Angeles 09 (w/juakos17) & Sunrise CH 10 (w/hallso).
ChinoRios4Ever is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 04:54 AM   #44
country flag StevoTG

StevoTG has a reputation beyond reputeStevoTG has a reputation beyond reputeStevoTG has a reputation beyond reputeStevoTG has a reputation beyond reputeStevoTG has a reputation beyond reputeStevoTG has a reputation beyond reputeStevoTG has a reputation beyond reputeStevoTG has a reputation beyond reputeStevoTG has a reputation beyond reputeStevoTG has a reputation beyond reputeStevoTG has a reputation beyond repute

This suicide has thrown me a bit, I didn't know the guy personaly but it still has.

He was a compassionate and intelligent man. He had darkness inside, demons he battled and personal tragedy, but I can not understand how he could adopt a newborn child with his wife in May of this year, and then leave them behind (and the 8 adopted dogs they had taken in). He must have been suffering terribly, but still... unbelievable
StevoTG is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 08:59 AM   #45
country flag Machiavelli

Machiavelli has a reputation beyond reputeMachiavelli has a reputation beyond reputeMachiavelli has a reputation beyond reputeMachiavelli has a reputation beyond reputeMachiavelli has a reputation beyond reputeMachiavelli has a reputation beyond reputeMachiavelli has a reputation beyond reputeMachiavelli has a reputation beyond reputeMachiavelli has a reputation beyond reputeMachiavelli has a reputation beyond reputeMachiavelli has a reputation beyond repute

Enke had massive fear of failing, both in what he did as a job and regarding his family; he thought his dreams came true when he signed for Barca, he was introduced together with Van Gaal, in his first match Barca lost in a terrible way, and older players Like Frank De Boer blamed him, he was benched, never made it back; moved to Fenerbahce to Christoph Daum, he was no.1there before turkish legend Recber Rustu, again his team loses badly, and tempered turkish fans throw bottles and coins at Enke, he was lost, quits his contract there, moves back to Germany to Hannover, slowly recovers his form, becomes a top contender, then his little girl dies, Hamburger SV wanted to sign him in 2007 and he said he would not want to move away from the place where his daughter was buried; he was an outstanding goalkeeper and everyone liked him but no-one new he was having so many problems with depression;

Very sad