F*** you Ethics! - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 11-10-2009, 12:27 AM   #1
country flag dunlopkickserve

dunlopkickserve has a reputation beyond reputedunlopkickserve has a reputation beyond reputedunlopkickserve has a reputation beyond reputedunlopkickserve has a reputation beyond reputedunlopkickserve has a reputation beyond reputedunlopkickserve has a reputation beyond reputedunlopkickserve has a reputation beyond reputedunlopkickserve has a reputation beyond reputedunlopkickserve has a reputation beyond reputedunlopkickserve has a reputation beyond reputedunlopkickserve has a reputation beyond repute
Default F*** you Ethics!

So i had a club tennis match against fairfield U last weekend. The court I had to play on had leaves on it. I'm not talking about a few I literally mean like at least 100 leaves on the court, and the net was at least 2 inches too low and the net didnt have the crank and the center strap was as loose as it could go. I couldent get my footing right on the basleline seeing as I slipped on the leaves, and the net was so low that my oppenent literally would have had hit 80% of his shots into the net if it was the right height. Along with that because the net was so his shots were so low over the net that they didn't bounce. Also not trying to be mean but he was over the top gay. He literally stopped in the middle of the game so he could talk to one of his girlfriends. I lost 4-8. I tried to be nice and said nothing. What was I supposed to do? I'm still super pissed.
dunlopkickserve is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-19-2009, 07:02 PM   #2
country flag HKz
Hakeem

HKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: F*** you Ethics!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunlopkickserve View Post
So i had a club tennis match against fairfield U last weekend. The court I had to play on had leaves on it. I'm not talking about a few I literally mean like at least 100 leaves on the court, and the net was at least 2 inches too low and the net didnt have the crank and the center strap was as loose as it could go. I couldent get my footing right on the basleline seeing as I slipped on the leaves, and the net was so low that my oppenent literally would have had hit 80% of his shots into the net if it was the right height. Along with that because the net was so his shots were so low over the net that they didn't bounce. Also not trying to be mean but he was over the top gay. He literally stopped in the middle of the game so he could talk to one of his girlfriends. I lost 4-8. I tried to be nice and said nothing. What was I supposed to do? I'm still super pissed.
Well we have all come across our share of bad mannered players and unfavorable situations. I used to complain terribly about those kinds of things, but after a while the way I saw it was your opponent has to play in that same situation too. If your opponent was taking advantage of the situation by playing a bit flatter since the net is lower and moving you around because of the leaves, then he deserves the win honestly because he too could have complained instantly and been mentally down on himself. Would you say the wind is just as bad of an obstacle as the net being too low? Neither of them are meant to be part of the game (of course net height should be regulated) but it isn't like the wind was built to be a factor in tennis.

The girlfriend issue, if it was on your serve and it took way too long, I personally would of kept serving even if he wasn't there and if he was like WTF? then you could tell him its server's pace not returner's. If it was during his service game, you should of said something.

But fact is he played on the same court you did. If you guys didn't switch sides and there was only leaves on your side, then that is an issue. Or maybe if this kid only practiced on that court which always had a lower net which would have made him used to it, then maybe just maybe some issue could be brought up over that.

Either way, if this was an official match, you could have done something about it.. During my USTA and high school years, if it was a shitty court, low net or whatever, I could get someone to do something about it. The least they could do was swap me to another court. However there have been a few times where they couldn't do shit about it. Like one time, we went to some school like 3 hours away to play their team. And ironically, the number 1's court was the shittiest one (not to mention its a shitty setup of a venue). There was an ENORMOUS crack straight through one side of the court. If you barely hit it, the ball goes off somewhere randomly. Not to mention it was almost dangerous running because you could have tripped on it seriously. And then the net cord was so worn out from the 120 degree sun that it had cracks and chunks of net cord sticking out like 3 inches above.

I still remember the whole match exactly. Was 6-0, 6/7, 10/7 and I think I was down like 0-6 in the third set superset tiebreak... After losing many chances due to the fucking court during the second set, I was not there mentally at all. I mean I would try to hit a winner (this guy was a pusher ) and it would hit a chunk of the protruding net cord and randomly go somewhere out or his weak ass shots would hit that crack and the ball is suddenly hurling towards to my left when I'm setting up for a forehand. It was brutal, but finally I was like whatever, and just attacked the net.