Official Gasquet's 2010 Schedule: Season Finished. - Page 7 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 12-22-2009, 11:10 PM   #91
country flag ImmzB

ImmzB has a reputation beyond reputeImmzB has a reputation beyond reputeImmzB has a reputation beyond reputeImmzB has a reputation beyond reputeImmzB has a reputation beyond reputeImmzB has a reputation beyond reputeImmzB has a reputation beyond reputeImmzB has a reputation beyond reputeImmzB has a reputation beyond reputeImmzB has a reputation beyond reputeImmzB has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Official Gasquet's 2010 Schedule & Scoring. 1st Up Brisbane (04-01-2010)

Richard is playing in Santiago

http://www.stevegtennis.com/forum2/v...5fe646c6f15061

[M.Safin] [T.Henman] [G.Rusedski] [A.Roddick]

- A.Khan

Man-Utd Fan Forever!
ImmzB is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-22-2009, 11:16 PM   #92
country flag Cloudygirl

Cloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Official Gasquet's 2010 Schedule & Scoring. 1st Up Brisbane (04-01-2010)

nice thanks for the info.

Thats the week of the 1st of Feb isn't it
Old 12-22-2009, 11:21 PM   #93
country flag duong

duong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudygirl View Post
nice thanks for the info.

Thats the week of the 1st of Feb isn't it
yes

if he also plays Costa Do Sauipe and Acapulco, it would be 4 weeks in a row

I think he should play Acapulco, maybe not Costa do Sauipe.
Old 12-22-2009, 11:22 PM   #94
country flag Gretchen.

Gretchen. has a reputation beyond reputeGretchen. has a reputation beyond reputeGretchen. has a reputation beyond reputeGretchen. has a reputation beyond reputeGretchen. has a reputation beyond reputeGretchen. has a reputation beyond reputeGretchen. has a reputation beyond reputeGretchen. has a reputation beyond reputeGretchen. has a reputation beyond reputeGretchen. has a reputation beyond reputeGretchen. has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah I know right, it's nice he wants to work on his clay game and all that but don't schedule yourself somewhere every week and then be dead by the time the important clay tourney comes.
Gretchen. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 11:24 PM   #95
country flag duong

duong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnysmydelite View Post
Yeah I know right, it's nice he wants to work on his clay game and all that but don't schedule yourself somewhere every week and then be dead by the time the important clay tourney comes.
yes because I guess he will also play the European clay season

it seems he wants to become the new Robredo
Old 12-22-2009, 11:29 PM   #96
country flag Cloudygirl

Cloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond repute

well it'll certainly keep him fit. Acapulco is a 500 so I can't see him missing that.

How does the ranking work for players that were top 30 so subject to their best of 18 rules but then drop out?

Do his current 0 pointers in the 1000s stay compulsaries (for his 18 countable tournaments) until their drop date or can he swap them for 250 and 500s because his ranking is low?

If he can swap them then I can see the point of going to south america with weaker draws and building up his ranking so that he gets a better draw for the slams (he could be seeded by Roland or Wimby) but if not whats the point bar lots of practice? I get the basic rankings system but i don't get all the technicalities.
Old 12-22-2009, 11:41 PM   #97
country flag ImmzB

ImmzB has a reputation beyond reputeImmzB has a reputation beyond reputeImmzB has a reputation beyond reputeImmzB has a reputation beyond reputeImmzB has a reputation beyond reputeImmzB has a reputation beyond reputeImmzB has a reputation beyond reputeImmzB has a reputation beyond reputeImmzB has a reputation beyond reputeImmzB has a reputation beyond reputeImmzB has a reputation beyond repute

He will probaly play Acapulco as he is defending a Semi-Final from Dubai.

Very Likely he will be there.

[M.Safin] [T.Henman] [G.Rusedski] [A.Roddick]

- A.Khan

Man-Utd Fan Forever!
ImmzB is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 11:50 PM   #98
country flag duong

Quote:
well it'll certainly keep him fit. Acapulco is a 500 so I can't see him missing that.

How does the ranking work for players that were top 30 so subject to their best of 18 rules but then drop out?

Do his current 0 pointers in the 1000s stay compulsaries (for his 18 countable tournaments) until their drop date or can he swap them for 250 and 500s because his ranking is low?

If he can swap them then I can see the point of going to south america with weaker draws and building up his ranking so that he gets a better draw for the slams (he could be seeded by Roland or Wimby) but if not whats the point bar lots of practice? I get the basic rankings system but i don't get all the technicalities.
I don't think this decision of playing a full southamerican clay season is so much because of rankings : they probably think it's good for his game

As for the rankings, it's not really about the 1000s (if he improves his ranking a little bit, he will get a direct entry there and then he will be compelled to play there anyway ; if not, yes he will be able to count more ATP250s),

but it's true that there's a change about the ATP500 as he's not in the list of top-30 players in the end of the year then he will be able to count more than 2 ATP250 (actually he has 3 of them as he was not in the direct entry-list for Bercy) : especially he should be able to replace his 20 points from Barcelona and 45 points from Tokyo as soon as he gets better results.
Old 12-23-2009, 12:10 AM   #99
country flag Cloudygirl

He could def do with getting rid of Barcelona and Tokyo asap.

So the basics are that he must play the 1000s if he qualifies for them and they go in his best 18 but with the 500s he is not obligated to play 4 this year and so if he doesn't can replace those with 250s.
Old 12-23-2009, 12:19 AM   #100
country flag duong

Quote:
He could def do with getting rid of Barcelona and Tokyo asap.

So the basics are that he must play the 1000s if he qualifies for them and they go in his best 18 but with the 500s he is not obligated to play 4 this year and so if he doesn't can replace those with 250s.
yes exactly
Old 12-23-2009, 12:45 AM   #101
country flag acd692

acd692 has a reputation beyond reputeacd692 has a reputation beyond reputeacd692 has a reputation beyond reputeacd692 has a reputation beyond reputeacd692 has a reputation beyond reputeacd692 has a reputation beyond reputeacd692 has a reputation beyond reputeacd692 has a reputation beyond reputeacd692 has a reputation beyond reputeacd692 has a reputation beyond reputeacd692 has a reputation beyond repute

im going to see him if he comes to acapulco perfect!
acd692 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2009, 02:53 AM   #102
country flag Vlad1980

Vlad1980 has a reputation beyond reputeVlad1980 has a reputation beyond reputeVlad1980 has a reputation beyond reputeVlad1980 has a reputation beyond reputeVlad1980 has a reputation beyond reputeVlad1980 has a reputation beyond reputeVlad1980 has a reputation beyond reputeVlad1980 has a reputation beyond reputeVlad1980 has a reputation beyond reputeVlad1980 has a reputation beyond reputeVlad1980 has a reputation beyond repute

I think playing a lot of matches on clay can only help his game. On faster surfaces, Richard likes to play points quickly, but on clay it will force him to rally more and that can only help his forehand. Last few years he really struggled on clay: missed most of 2006, was nothing special in 2007, total disaster in 2008 and missed 2009 (although he played very well in Rome). He needs matches on clay.
Vlad1980 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2009, 06:25 AM   #103
country flag Puschkin

Puschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlad1980 View Post
He needs matches on clay.
Certainly and it is also true that his best clay season was 2005 when he burst on the scene. But Santiago? It starts in the week directly after the AO.

What sense would it make to go to South America and not playing Acapulco, which is a 500? However, that would be four weeks in South America on a string, even if he omits the Brazilian tourney! That looks a bit over-ambitous to me. He can of course still skip one or the other, depending on his results, but it remains a heavy schedule. I really wonder about his thinking about 2010? Did he change his prep work? What is he focusing on? Is there a different approach? The only thing he said is that he wants to get back to the Top 20, later Top 10 and that RG is very important. And those stupid journalists don't go into detail but keep questioning his past season which we know only too well.

~♠ Gasquetaires ♠~

un pour tous, tous pour un
‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾
Puschkin is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2009, 10:27 AM   #104
country flag reggie1

reggie1 has a reputation beyond reputereggie1 has a reputation beyond reputereggie1 has a reputation beyond reputereggie1 has a reputation beyond reputereggie1 has a reputation beyond reputereggie1 has a reputation beyond reputereggie1 has a reputation beyond reputereggie1 has a reputation beyond reputereggie1 has a reputation beyond reputereggie1 has a reputation beyond reputereggie1 has a reputation beyond repute

Maybe he is preparing such a heavy schedule thinking he may get knocked out early and he just wants to have lots of tournaments lined up. I don't know, he is always a puzzle to us Could this be Deblicker's advice? It's the sort of heavy schedule I would have expected from Peyre.
reggie1 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2009, 07:24 PM   #105
country flag Vlad1980

Vlad1980 has a reputation beyond reputeVlad1980 has a reputation beyond reputeVlad1980 has a reputation beyond reputeVlad1980 has a reputation beyond reputeVlad1980 has a reputation beyond reputeVlad1980 has a reputation beyond reputeVlad1980 has a reputation beyond reputeVlad1980 has a reputation beyond reputeVlad1980 has a reputation beyond reputeVlad1980 has a reputation beyond reputeVlad1980 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puschkin View Post
Certainly and it is also true that his best clay season was 2005 when he burst on the scene. But Santiago? It starts in the week directly after the AO.

What sense would it make to go to South America and not playing Acapulco, which is a 500? However, that would be four weeks in South America on a string, even if he omits the Brazilian tourney! That looks a bit over-ambitous to me. He can of course still skip one or the other, depending on his results, but it remains a heavy schedule. I really wonder about his thinking about 2010? Did he change his prep work? What is he focusing on? Is there a different approach? The only thing he said is that he wants to get back to the Top 20, later Top 10 and that RG is very important. And those stupid journalists don't go into detail but keep questioning his past season which we know only too well.
Remember, he is going unseeded to AO. No matter how he can prepare, he can always face someone like top 5 in first two rounds..and given his luck, it certainly is a good possibility. I think if you are number 52 in the world, you don't think about scheduling your tourneys around big events, but rather try to sneak in deep in any event and certainly Santiago could be the one. All the 500 events and higher and filled with top players.
Vlad1980 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote