Yonex RQ iS 1 Tour XL 95, Opinions?! - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 11-28-2009, 06:51 PM   #1
country flag duhcity

duhcity has a reputation beyond reputeduhcity has a reputation beyond reputeduhcity has a reputation beyond reputeduhcity has a reputation beyond reputeduhcity has a reputation beyond reputeduhcity has a reputation beyond reputeduhcity has a reputation beyond reputeduhcity has a reputation beyond reputeduhcity has a reputation beyond reputeduhcity has a reputation beyond reputeduhcity has a reputation beyond repute
Default Yonex RQ iS 1 Tour XL 95, Opinions?!

I'm male, if that matters.

So my friend had a good deal on buying two rackets of the same model. She's a big Ana Ivanovic fan, demo'd the Yonex racket, and really liked it.
She asked me if I wanted to buy it with her, being that we're recreational players and we don't really need two.

I know it's not the most forgiving racket, but any opinions? I haven't demo'd it, a mistake I know. I'm currently using the Babolat Aeropro w/ Cortex. In the end, if I really hate it I'll just go back to my Aero Pro (which I admit I'm not totally in love with).

Thanks!
duhcity is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-29-2009, 06:49 PM   #2
country flag jazar

jazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Yonex RQ iS 1 Tour XL 95, Opinions?!

its a tougher racket to use than what you are currently using. it provides better control and feel, and from a personal point of view its a better racket. it just depends whether you want a tougher racket to use to try and push your level on
jazar is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 07:05 PM   #3
country flag duhcity

duhcity has a reputation beyond reputeduhcity has a reputation beyond reputeduhcity has a reputation beyond reputeduhcity has a reputation beyond reputeduhcity has a reputation beyond reputeduhcity has a reputation beyond reputeduhcity has a reputation beyond reputeduhcity has a reputation beyond reputeduhcity has a reputation beyond reputeduhcity has a reputation beyond reputeduhcity has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Jazar.
I've never actually owned a Yonex before so I'm pretty excited.

DO you use it regularly, or do you just know about it. A lot of reviews on TW say it's lighter and swings more fluidly than the stats say. I have a 1H backhand, so that would be great. Any opinions on that?

PS+ How's the serve with this
Old 11-29-2009, 09:05 PM   #4
country flag jazar

jazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond repute

i dont use it, but i hit with every racket on the market. yonex rackets generally have quite a nice swingweight and feel through the air; their hexagonal cross-section is supposed to be more aerodynamic. for some reason, yonex rackets arent really associated with single handed backhands; they even have longer handles to accomodate double handers. but that doesnt mean you cant have a single hander and use a yonex racket. as the racket is a little more headlight than your current racket, it may be a little harder to get through the ball on the serve, but conversely you have more weight going through the ball
Old 11-30-2009, 05:06 AM   #5
country flag Ilovetheblues_86

Ilovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond repute

Do you agree Jazar that while Wlson and Head best rackets are better for ballbashers, Babolat and Yonez are better for pushers? Their rackets are too light.

MAY THE SPIRIT OF KOSTAS PROTECT US
Ilovetheblues_86 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 07:24 PM   #6
country flag jazar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilovetheblues_86 View Post
Do you agree Jazar that while Wlson and Head best rackets are better for ballbashers, Babolat and Yonez are better for pushers? Their rackets are too light.
i would actually say babolat rackets are best for ballbashers. wilson and head have larger ranges and cater for all styles of player.
Old 12-04-2009, 02:52 AM   #7
country flag duhcity

Thanks for the info Jazar.

Got it today. I couldn't get to a court (only indoors open now), but I hit against a wall and generally like it. My FH really rockets off the strings. My 1H backhand is gonna need a lot of work with it though
Haven't really served with it yet. But it seemed alright just swinging my service motion.

And it's so light! It hardly feels like the weight the specs say it is.