Andy King of Valencia....Can he double up in Paris? NO! - Page 8 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 11-13-2009, 05:25 PM   #106
country flag Jess22

Jess22 has a reputation beyond reputeJess22 has a reputation beyond reputeJess22 has a reputation beyond reputeJess22 has a reputation beyond reputeJess22 has a reputation beyond reputeJess22 has a reputation beyond reputeJess22 has a reputation beyond reputeJess22 has a reputation beyond reputeJess22 has a reputation beyond reputeJess22 has a reputation beyond reputeJess22 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Andy King of Valencia....Can he double up in Paris? NO!

So win or lose all matches, London can only be good Looking forward to watching anyways
Advertisement

Old 11-14-2009, 08:21 PM   #107
country flag tedlesurfeur

tedlesurfeur has a reputation beyond reputetedlesurfeur has a reputation beyond reputetedlesurfeur has a reputation beyond reputetedlesurfeur has a reputation beyond reputetedlesurfeur has a reputation beyond reputetedlesurfeur has a reputation beyond reputetedlesurfeur has a reputation beyond reputetedlesurfeur has a reputation beyond reputetedlesurfeur has a reputation beyond reputetedlesurfeur has a reputation beyond reputetedlesurfeur has a reputation beyond repute

I will second that. May he win though.
tedlesurfeur is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 10:40 AM   #108
country flag decrepitude

decrepitude has a reputation beyond reputedecrepitude has a reputation beyond reputedecrepitude has a reputation beyond reputedecrepitude has a reputation beyond reputedecrepitude has a reputation beyond reputedecrepitude has a reputation beyond reputedecrepitude has a reputation beyond reputedecrepitude has a reputation beyond reputedecrepitude has a reputation beyond reputedecrepitude has a reputation beyond reputedecrepitude has a reputation beyond repute

Just to hark back to Paris - interesting words from the Paris Tournament Director, in The Times http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/spo...fset=12&page=2

Murray attracts praise in defeat

Jean-Francois Caujolle, tournament director of the BNP Paribas Masters, singled out Andy Murray for special praise at his end-of-event review and disclosed that next year there could be a dramatic change to the format in Paris. There is a powerful case, Caujolle believes, for the tournament to become a 32 rather than 48 man draw - "for it is quite normal that the draws become progressively smaller in order to arrive towards the Masters where there are only eight players."

He said Murray had been a victim of the current numbers and the consequent pressure it places on scheduling with only one court at the Palais Omnisport of a standard required for an event of this prestige. "[Murray] ended one match on Wednesday at 1.45am and there had been a real problem with the scheduling that day because we had six matches to play on he Centre Court," Caujolle said. The problem had been exacerbated by Marat Safin's three set loss to Juan Martin Del Potro, after which there was an extended retirement celebration for the Russian that put another spanner in the works.

"The next day Murray had to play on Court No 1 (against Radek Stepanek) and sincerely I believe he would not have lost that match if it had been on the Centre. He was a victim of those problems we have with a tournament with 48 players. He was extremely decent and said nothing about it. He just said the other player was better than him."

Caujolle revealed that his plans for a reduction in draw size would be put to the ATP Board next week. He also declared that an ATP 250 tournament would be scheduled in the same week as Paris next year - "so we are not only guaranteeing the existing jobs of the players but creating new ones," he said. "I trust it will be possible."

Following ANDY MURRAY and all British tennis on
http://www.freewebs.com/britishtennis/stats.html
(click on GB Tennis Forum)
decrepitude is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 03:57 PM   #109
country flag amdany

amdany has a reputation beyond reputeamdany has a reputation beyond reputeamdany has a reputation beyond reputeamdany has a reputation beyond reputeamdany has a reputation beyond reputeamdany has a reputation beyond reputeamdany has a reputation beyond reputeamdany has a reputation beyond reputeamdany has a reputation beyond reputeamdany has a reputation beyond reputeamdany has a reputation beyond repute

I agree with Caujolle here, I think Andy would have won against Radek considering the fact he finished his match at 2 am... but the thing is it was a poor scheduling from them too, they should have put the Safin- Del Potro match on Tuesday instead of Wednesday...but that's my opinion and it's in the past now so...

Last edited by amdany : 11-16-2009 at 04:15 PM.
amdany is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 05:33 PM   #110

tedlesurfeur has a reputation beyond reputetedlesurfeur has a reputation beyond reputetedlesurfeur has a reputation beyond reputetedlesurfeur has a reputation beyond reputetedlesurfeur has a reputation beyond reputetedlesurfeur has a reputation beyond reputetedlesurfeur has a reputation beyond reputetedlesurfeur has a reputation beyond reputetedlesurfeur has a reputation beyond reputetedlesurfeur has a reputation beyond reputetedlesurfeur has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by amdany View Post
I agree with Caujolle here, I think Andy would have won against Radek considering the fact he finished his match at 2 am... but the thing is it was a poor scheduling from them too, they should have put the Safin- Del Potro match on Tuesday instead of Wednesday...but that's my opinion and it's in the past now so...
I concur. That's why I was so pissed off.
Old 11-18-2009, 07:05 AM   #111
country flag duong

duong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond repute

Hello

I've watched Murray in Valencia and Paris and was puzzled by him looking as suffering again and again, seemingly inguinal fold or thigh, I don't know, but he had a suffering face many times between points.

But yet it didn't prevent him from playing points correctly and he didn't ask for injury time-outs.

Yet I'm puzzled about that and surprised nobody talks about it : what's this problem ?

Last edited by duong : 11-18-2009 at 07:20 AM.
duong is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 05:02 PM   #112

Quote:
Originally Posted by duong View Post
Hello

I've watched Murray in Valencia and Paris and was puzzled by him looking as suffering again and again, seemingly inguinal fold or thigh, I don't know, but he had a suffering face many times between points.

But yet it didn't prevent him from playing points correctly and he didn't ask for injury time-outs.

Yet I'm puzzled about that and surprised nobody talks about it : what's this problem ?
No, Valencia was his firt tournament since the injury. The fact he actually won it is truly awesome.
Furthermore, the level he reached in Valencia and Paris with so few matches under his belt is quite impressive. With almost no preparation, Andy can win anything.
In Paris, he partly (mainly, in my opinion) lost his match because of a bad scheduling / order of play.
The tournament organiser said he was sorry about their not having more tennis courts in Bercy.
Old 11-18-2009, 09:58 PM   #113
country flag duong

duong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tedlesurfeur View Post
No, Valencia was his firt tournament since the injury. The fact he actually won it is truly awesome.
Furthermore, the level he reached in Valencia and Paris with so few matches under his belt is quite impressive. With almost no preparation, Andy can win anything.
In Paris, he partly (mainly, in my opinion) lost his match because of a bad scheduling / order of play.
The tournament organiser said he was sorry about their not having more tennis courts in Bercy.
I understand that, but my question was only about what he suffers about : I've seen him suffering a lot about his leg in his matches since Valencia, and I cannot be the only one who has seen that, it was so obvious

what's this problem ?
Old 11-19-2009, 06:59 AM   #114
country flag scoobs
Anastasia Komananov, KGB

scoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by duong View Post
I understand that, but my question was only about what he suffers about : I've seen him suffering a lot about his leg in his matches since Valencia, and I cannot be the only one who has seen that, it was so obvious

what's this problem ?
I gather he had a little bit of a niggle around his groin - just a bit of pain from overexerting it on his comeback. But it was nothing serious and he expects to be fine for London next week.
scoobs is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 10:18 AM   #115
country flag duong

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoobs View Post
I gather he had a little bit of a niggle around his groin - just a bit of pain from overexerting it on his comeback. But it was nothing serious and he expects to be fine for London next week.
thank you : it's seldom I can see a player having a suffering face after some points so often in a match, and repeatedly for two weeks.

I just found it very strange