•°o*Ye Olde Castle vol.19 - Page 16 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Closed Thread

Old 10-26-2009, 11:10 PM   #226
country flag Sunset of Age
Anathemaniac

Sunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: •°o*Ye Olde Castle vol.19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infini. View Post
That's not entirely true CD, again. He did a big c'mon against Bennetau in Cincinnati when Benny DFd. He got criticised for it for pages and pages on GM.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudygirl View Post
I still think his behaviour on court sucks sometimes.
Yeah, quite a shitty attitude if I may say so. Celebrating opp's UE = NOT DONE in my book.

This doesn't mean I dislike the fellow, not at all. I just hope he'll be able to adjust this kind of unnecessary behaviour in the future. He's still young so no doubts he will, as I do concieve him as a rather intelligent fellow indeed.

Castle going too fast for me right now folks. Be back later.
My Major Review is giving me a headache right now. I thought I was doing this job for 'fun' but right now it ain't.

Am I still here? As one, with The Fear?
Am I still alive? I'm still f*cking ... Here...!"

"The Storm Before The Calm"

Anathema

Into music of the PROG-Dorky-kind? visit my blog or MTF's Prog Rock Thread.
Sunset of Age is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-26-2009, 11:12 PM   #227
country flag Sunset of Age
Anathemaniac

Sunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
What is it about Almagro everyone hates? Everyone seems to have some sort of strong dislike for the guy...
Watch him more often.
I know I won't.

Am I still here? As one, with The Fear?
Am I still alive? I'm still f*cking ... Here...!"

"The Storm Before The Calm"

Anathema

Into music of the PROG-Dorky-kind? visit my blog or MTF's Prog Rock Thread.
Sunset of Age is offline View My Blog!  
Old 10-26-2009, 11:14 PM   #228
country flag Clay Death
Banned!

Clay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnie the Cat View Post
Yeah, quite a shitty attitude if I may say so. Celebrating opp's UE = NOT DONE in my book.

This doesn't mean I dislike the fellow, not at all. I just hope he'll be able to adjust this kind of unnecessary behaviour in the future. He's still young so no doubts he will, as I do concieve him as a rather intelligent fellow indeed.

Castle going too fast for me right now folks. Be back later.
My Major Review is giving me a headache right now. I thought I was doing this job for 'fun' but right now it ain't.

see you later karin. also if and when you get a chance, post some more pics from prague. i think its a must-see city for so many of us.

Clay Death is offline View My Blog!  
Old 10-26-2009, 11:14 PM   #229
country flag Certinfy

Certinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Watch him more often.
I know I won't.
^^ This. I hope i never see this mug ever again.
Originally Posted by Saberq View Post
if he loses this I will support Murray
Certinfy is offline View My Blog!  
Old 10-26-2009, 11:14 PM   #230
country flag Dini

Dini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clay Death View Post
i missed that one obviously. i thought he was doing all he can to clean up his image and all. he is quite respectful when he plays guys like the clay monster and fed.

the big screaming c'mons are probably just a habit that may take a little longer to break. rusty(hewitt) used to do that a lot and then he grew out of it.

we have to understand that 99% of the time, guys like djokovic, murray, and some of the others that might pound their chests or scream c'mons are just trying to pump themselves up.

it is not intended as a cheap shot at the guy across the net.
That was just one example that I remembered because of the big chaos it caused in GM. He's definitely toned it down a bit but he still swears quite a bit in matches and over does the c'mons.

I think the hate he gets is OTT and a bit unfair though.
Dini is offline View My Blog!  
Old 10-26-2009, 11:16 PM   #231
country flag Clay Death
Banned!

Clay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
That was just one example that I remembered because of the big chaos it caused in GM. He's definitely toned it down a bit but he still swears quite a bit in matches and over does the c'mons.

I think the hate he gets is OTT and a bit unfair though.

what about roddick when he is not playing nadal or fed? what is your own take on that dude on the court?

Clay Death is offline View My Blog!  
Old 10-26-2009, 11:18 PM   #232
country flag Certinfy

Certinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond repute

The stupid thing on MTF is that if u do what Murray does with the swearing and "come ons" u get hated, while if u go way over the top like Crazy Dani for example, u get praised for it. How the fuck does that work?
Old 10-26-2009, 11:20 PM   #233
country flag Arkulari
Faithful Txurigorri

Arkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond repute

well Jase, Murray is a top player and a credit to the sport, Crazy Dani is a journeyman mug, so the standards on which we judge them are pretty different

I don't hate any player, I'm either a fan, dislike the game/attitude of the guy or can't care less about him, but hate? nah, not for me, I couldn't even hate Rios and that guy put the A in Asshole

Murray and Nole are great players, but their playing styles aren't suited to my tastes, so I recognize how good they are but won't be a fan

Arkulari is offline View My Blog!  
Old 10-26-2009, 11:20 PM   #234
country flag Dini

Dini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clay Death View Post
what about roddick when he is not playing nadal or fed? what is your own take on that dude on the court?

Roddick is a tough one. I think he's pathetic sometimes towards umpires - his match against Kohlschriber in AO 2008 was especially bad. In RG this year, he was telling Monfils to literally shut up because "he wasn't that good to be that cocky" - well he lost the match in straights.

But like Murray, I think he's more than a decent guy off court and funny as well.
Old 10-26-2009, 11:22 PM   #235
country flag Certinfy

Quote:
Roddick is a tough one. I think he's pathetic sometimes towards umpires - his match against Kohlschriber in AO 2008 was especially bad. In RG this year, he was telling Monfils to literally shut up because "he wasn't that good to be that cocky" - well he lost the match in straights.

But like Murray, I think he's more than a decent guy off court and funny as well.
Yeah Roddick has his 'moments' but in a way i like that about him as he showing himself and not hiding it, but yes some of his comments are disgraceful.

Roddick's funnier than Murray
Old 10-26-2009, 11:23 PM   #236
country flag Dini

Yeah that "funny" bit was about Roddick, Jase. Murray hardly smiles.
Old 10-26-2009, 11:24 PM   #237
country flag Arkulari
Faithful Txurigorri

Arkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Yeah that "funny" bit was about Roddick, Jase. Murray hardly smiles.
and thank God for that, those teeth...

Duck can be a downright asshole to the umpires, but he's not THAT bad with the other players (except that Monfils incident) and I kinda like the guy, he's pretty nice to fans

Another one who sometimes behaves badly is Berdych, I still remember him getting the crowd against him in Madrid a couple years ago

Arkulari is offline View My Blog!  
Old 10-26-2009, 11:25 PM   #238
country flag Certinfy

Read it wrong, my bad

That's the thing but, Murray is being himself and i'll rather him be himself rather than smile just because people want him to. Same with any player tbh, i'll rather them just be themselves.
Old 10-26-2009, 11:27 PM   #239
country flag Dini

My post was confusing. I meant "more than decent" for both but "funny as well" for Roddick.

For you Nat:

It's not THAT bad.
Old 10-26-2009, 11:27 PM   #240
country flag Cloudygirl

Cloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

thats how I feel too.