•°o*Ye Olde Castle vol.19 - Page 12 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Closed Thread

Old 10-26-2009, 09:11 PM   #166
country flag Certinfy

Certinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: •°o*Ye Olde Castle vol.19

Yeah.
Originally Posted by Saberq View Post
if he loses this I will support Murray
Certinfy is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-26-2009, 09:12 PM   #167
country flag ShotmaKer
Unregistered User

ShotmaKer has a reputation beyond reputeShotmaKer has a reputation beyond reputeShotmaKer has a reputation beyond reputeShotmaKer has a reputation beyond reputeShotmaKer has a reputation beyond reputeShotmaKer has a reputation beyond reputeShotmaKer has a reputation beyond reputeShotmaKer has a reputation beyond reputeShotmaKer has a reputation beyond reputeShotmaKer has a reputation beyond reputeShotmaKer has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Certinfy View Post
That's good

That would be awesome, i personally don't have an accent, but if u ever hear me talk u could be confused as i tend to mumble alot
Yeah, that would be confusing. I tend to be shy and rather ashamed of my english when I don't understand what people say, which is likely when they mumble.
ShotmaKer is offline View My Blog!  
Old 10-26-2009, 09:13 PM   #168
country flag Dini

Dini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond repute

What court Jase?
Dini is offline View My Blog!  
Old 10-26-2009, 09:14 PM   #169
country flag Certinfy

Certinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infini. View Post
What court Jase?
Louis Armstrong, saw Del Potro vs Juan Carlos Ferrero on that day.
Old 10-26-2009, 09:14 PM   #170
country flag Sunset of Age
Anathemaniac

Sunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Roland Garros is ALOT easier to get good seats and stuff. Wimbledon is just too packed!!!
My impression as well. If I end up somewhere on those top rows, I bet I'd end up regretting not seeing the match on the TV.

Quote:
What good small tournaments are there anyway?
Halle, Hamburg... and, eh, Rotterdam. I might well end up visiting that this year, even though I detest Krajicek as much as I can and would rather not contribute to further stuffing his wallets.

Am I still here? As one, with The Fear?
Am I still alive? I'm still f*cking ... Here...!"

"The Storm Before The Calm"

Anathema

Into music of the PROG-Dorky-kind? visit my blog or MTF's Prog Rock Thread.
Sunset of Age is offline View My Blog!  
Old 10-26-2009, 09:15 PM   #171
country flag Cloudygirl

Cloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond repute

I quite enjoyed the queue this year. Met some interesting characters. Think I'd prefer to get some tickets on ticketmaster the night before and spend longer in bed though.

I got on centre at wimby this year because a lovely lady I know from another forum let me borrow her ticket for a while and even though I was high up the view of the court was excellent. I also got on the new court 2 and the view everywhere there was great.

My gran lives pretty near Eastbourne so I am going to try combining going to see her with finals weekend next year.
Old 10-26-2009, 09:15 PM   #172
country flag Dini

Dini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond repute

I shouldn't believe Wikipedia then.

Quote:
Wimbledon is the only grand slam where fans without tickets for play can queue up and still get seats on Centre Court, Court 1 and Court 2. From 2008, there is a single queue, allotted about 500 seats for each court. When they join the queue fans are handed vouchers with a number on it and the following morning when the line moves towards the Grounds, stewards come through the line and hand out wristbands colour-coded to the specific court. The voucher is then redeemed at the ticket office for the ticket.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Cha...bledon#Tickets
Old 10-26-2009, 09:15 PM   #173
country flag Certinfy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShotmaKer View Post
Yeah, that would be confusing. I tend to be shy and rather ashamed of my english when I don't understand what people say, which is likely when they mumble.
Can't blame u tho, tho u shouldn't be ashamed of your English

Also i swear alot, i actually find it unbelievable how much i swear.
Old 10-26-2009, 09:16 PM   #174
country flag Dini

I queued up and got seats two rows away from the front in Court 1. I could see the details on Maria Sharapova's dress.
Old 10-26-2009, 09:16 PM   #175
country flag Certinfy

I think with USO, if they haven't sold all the tickets for that day they will sell them on that day.

What about RG and AO then?
Old 10-26-2009, 09:18 PM   #176
country flag Certinfy

My mate who's dad worked for Wimbledon or something like that got a seat for the Wimbledon 2008 Men's Final on the second row from the bottom, he's even got a picture of Federer smiling at him. Funny thing is he put that as his wallpaper on his PC even though he's a Nadal fan.
Old 10-26-2009, 09:20 PM   #177
country flag Dini

No idea. I've only been to Wimbledon but thoroughly enjoyed it. 3 matches court 1 (Sharapova, Soderling, Verdasco + Melanie South later) and saw some juniors practising. Spent about an hour on Henman hill watching Djokovic vs Benneteau. It was so hot that day but lovely.
Old 10-26-2009, 09:20 PM   #178
country flag Cloudygirl

Cloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infini. View Post
I queued up and got seats two rows away from the front in Court 1. I could see the details on Maria Sharapova's dress.
I would hate to be that close because I have a real fear of being on tv looking gormless.

Apparantly it is easy enough to get tickets for RG. I got info for getting them last year with my Bercy tickets and assume it will be the same if I go this year.

I was chatting to a lady this year at wimby and she was at RG on semis day and even though she didn't have a ticket she asked an official if she could go on the main court just to look at it and they let her watch 2 sets of one of the semis. How lucky is that!!
Old 10-26-2009, 09:22 PM   #179
country flag Certinfy

The people at tennis tournaments don't really care from what i've noticed, if there's empty seats and u ask them to go in, most of the time they'll let u in
Old 10-26-2009, 09:22 PM   #180
country flag ShotmaKer
Unregistered User

ShotmaKer has a reputation beyond reputeShotmaKer has a reputation beyond reputeShotmaKer has a reputation beyond reputeShotmaKer has a reputation beyond reputeShotmaKer has a reputation beyond reputeShotmaKer has a reputation beyond reputeShotmaKer has a reputation beyond reputeShotmaKer has a reputation beyond reputeShotmaKer has a reputation beyond reputeShotmaKer has a reputation beyond reputeShotmaKer has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Can't blame u tho, tho u shouldn't be ashamed of your English

Also i swear alot, i actually find it unbelievable how much i swear.
I think at RG they also have a system which allows you to buy tickets for the main courts at the end of the day, if some of the people who originally had tickets for these courts have left. Or something of the sort.
ShotmaKer is offline View My Blog!  
Closed Thread