•°o*Ye Olde Castle vol.19 - Page 110 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Closed Thread

Old 10-31-2009, 03:35 PM   #1636
country flag Sunset of Age
Anathemaniac

Sunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: •°o*Ye Olde Castle vol.19

Hi Castle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Har-Tru View Post
OK I decided to go to two days in Halle. Which ones? I thought about one of the last sixteen (many matches, cheap) and either quarters, semis or final (quality).

Thoughts?
It depends on who you want to see playing first and foremost. I'd most definitely include the 'last sixteen'-round, as you say, indeed a lot of matches to choose from. The other ones are a toss-up.

And Halle overall has rather 'cheap' tickets. Just found out that a mid-week ticket for Rotterdam costs the same as the Halle final!

Am I still here? As one, with The Fear?
Am I still alive? I'm still f*cking ... Here...!"

"The Storm Before The Calm"

Anathema

Into music of the PROG-Dorky-kind? visit my blog or MTF's Prog Rock Thread.
Sunset of Age is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-31-2009, 03:35 PM   #1637
country flag Har-Tru
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Har-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond repute

why so stressed?

This is the final is just one match, and the semis are two for pretty much the same price... I think I'll pick the semis.

EDIT: In the nick of time Karin!
Har-Tru is offline View My Blog!  
Old 10-31-2009, 03:37 PM   #1638
country flag habibko

habibko has a reputation beyond reputehabibko has a reputation beyond reputehabibko has a reputation beyond reputehabibko has a reputation beyond reputehabibko has a reputation beyond reputehabibko has a reputation beyond reputehabibko has a reputation beyond reputehabibko has a reputation beyond reputehabibko has a reputation beyond reputehabibko has a reputation beyond reputehabibko has a reputation beyond repute

hey Karin

because my exam is getting closer and closer huffffff!!

I need to go sleep.
habibko is offline View My Blog!  
Old 10-31-2009, 03:41 PM   #1639
country flag Sapeod
77 years later...

Sapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond repute

I'm getting seriously pissed off. A lot of posters around here think I'm a double account of Claycourtazzzz.

SLAMS: 2 WINS, 5 finals, 7 semi-finals, 6 quarter-finals...
MASTERS: 9 WINS, 3 finals, 8 semi-finals, 15 quarter-finals...
WTF: 3 semi-finals...
OLYMPICS: 1 gold, 1 silver...
CAREER PRIZE MONEY: $31,928,448 (5th of all time)
MATCH WIN/LOSS: 453-142...
TITLES: 28 and counting...
Sapeod is offline View My Blog!  
Old 10-31-2009, 03:42 PM   #1640
Anathemaniac

Sunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
This is the final is just one match, and the semis are two for pretty much the same price... I think I'll pick the semis.

EDIT: In the nick of time Karin!
Very nice to see you'll be there José!
Yeah, I guess the semis is somehow 'two for the same price'. Though I have to say, witnessing Haas win over Djokovic last year was really awesome - most Germans thinking their home boy wouldn't have much of a chance, as expected losing the first set, then seeing him win the second set in a TB... and we know how it ended. Great experience!

Quote:
Originally Posted by habibko View Post
hey Karin

because my exam is getting closer and closer huffffff!!

I need to go sleep.
best of luck with your exam, Habib!

Anathema

Old 10-31-2009, 03:43 PM   #1641
Anathemaniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ditherless View Post
I'm getting seriously pissed off. A lot of posters around here think I'm a double account of Claycourtazzzz.
Well, you ARE making yourself a name at the Badrepping Thread, Dani.

Anathema

Old 10-31-2009, 03:44 PM   #1642
country flag Certinfy

Certinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond repute

Jose, what is Habib doing in your avatar?
Originally Posted by Saberq View Post
if he loses this I will support Murray
Certinfy is offline View My Blog!  
Old 10-31-2009, 03:49 PM   #1643
country flag Sapeod
77 years later...

Sapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnie the Cat View Post
Well, you ARE making yourself a name at the Badrepping Thread, Dani.
That doesn't mean I'm him. its.like.that even made a whole list of similarities between me and claycourta.

There are a lot's similarities, but if they keep questioning me, the mods will ban me for being a double account. It happened with 8pNadal, modern tennis and Gaudio2004 already this year.

Old 10-31-2009, 03:51 PM   #1644
country flag Har-Tru
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Har-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnie the Cat View Post
Very nice to see you'll be there José!
Yeah, I guess the semis is somehow 'two for the same price'. Though I have to say, witnessing Haas win over Djokovic last year was really awesome - most Germans thinking their home boy wouldn't have much of a chance, as expected losing the first set, then seeing him win the second set in a TB... and we know how it ended. Great experience!

best of luck with your exam, Habib!
Well yes, but there's also the chance that the final is a 6-3 6-2 affair... I think I'll take the semis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Certinfy View Post
Jose, what is Habib doing in your avatar?
Har-Tru is offline View My Blog!  
Old 10-31-2009, 03:51 PM   #1645
country flag Certinfy

Certinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond repute

The Mods will do IP checks?
Old 10-31-2009, 03:52 PM   #1646
country flag Certinfy

Quote:
Well yes, but there's also the chance that the final is a 6-3 6-2 affair... I think I'll take the semis.

Ah but what if the SF's finish 6-3 6-4 and 7-5 6-1 and the final finished 7-6 6-7 7-6
Old 10-31-2009, 03:53 PM   #1647
country flag Sapeod
77 years later...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Certinfy View Post
The Mods will do IP checks?
Oh yeah. I guess I won't be banned then? Phew.

Old 10-31-2009, 03:56 PM   #1648
country flag cath777

cath777 has a reputation beyond reputecath777 has a reputation beyond reputecath777 has a reputation beyond reputecath777 has a reputation beyond reputecath777 has a reputation beyond reputecath777 has a reputation beyond reputecath777 has a reputation beyond reputecath777 has a reputation beyond reputecath777 has a reputation beyond reputecath777 has a reputation beyond reputecath777 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Never In Doubt.

José, the perfectionist. I've read this post I don't know how many times, and I still don't know if you are getting at me for bad grammar or you're upset because you missed me

Was your pencil shopping a success? Did you get some Hefeweizen in for me tonight?

Quote:
OK I decided to go to two days in Halle. Which ones? I thought about one of the last sixteen (many matches, cheap) and either quarters, semis or final (quality).

Thoughts?
I'd definitely say last sixteen, as you'll get many matches and they should be good quality. As for the quarters, semis or final, will you be upset if you are forced to watch a player you don't like? If so, quarters, else weigh up the difference in ticket price for the semis/finals.

Quote:
Originally Posted by habibko View Post
pick all Rogie matches of course

I dunno, one cheap and the final?

I'm so stressed I want to pull off an Ush Ush and scream away!!
Take a deep breath. Try to relax for 5 minutes, then review and revise your study plan into something manageable

Karin and Daniel.
cath777 is offline View My Blog!  
Old 10-31-2009, 03:58 PM   #1649
country flag Dini

Dini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond repute

Love the avi José.
Old 10-31-2009, 04:00 PM   #1650
country flag cath777

cath777 has a reputation beyond reputecath777 has a reputation beyond reputecath777 has a reputation beyond reputecath777 has a reputation beyond reputecath777 has a reputation beyond reputecath777 has a reputation beyond reputecath777 has a reputation beyond reputecath777 has a reputation beyond reputecath777 has a reputation beyond reputecath777 has a reputation beyond reputecath777 has a reputation beyond repute

The Agassi story is just getting ridiculous now

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/8335631.stm

Agassi wig collapsed before final

First wife Brooke Shields persuaded Agassi to shave his head

Former tennis star Andre Agassi wore a wig held together with pins in his first Grand Slam final, excerpts from his autobiography have revealed.

The hairpiece - in his famous mullet style - had fallen apart the night before the 1990 French Open final, which Agassi lost to Andres Gomez.

Before the match he prayed "not for victory, but that my hairpiece would not fall off", he writes in Open.

Earlier excerpts revealed his use of drug crystal methamphetamine in 1997.

The 39-year-old, who retired in 2006, admits that - in order to escape a ban - he lied to tennis authorities that his drink had been spiked with the highly addictive drug.

Further excerpts describe his distress at the hair loss which led to him wearing a hairpiece.

"Every morning I would get up and find another piece of my identity on the pillow, in the wash basin, down the plughole," he writes.

But after the wig fell apart in the shower the night before the Paris final, his brother helped him clamp it together using about 20 clips.

Agassi writes: "Of course I could have played without my hairpiece, but what would all the journalists have written if they knew that all the time I was really wearing a wig?

"During the warming-up training before play I prayed. Not for victory, but that my hairpiece would not fall off.

"With each leap, I imagine it falling into the sand. I imagine millions of spectators move closer to their TV sets, their eyes widening and, in dozens of dialects and languages, ask how Andre Agassi's hair has fallen from his head."

Agassi went on to win eight Grand Slams during his career and is one of only six men to win all four major titles.
cath777 is offline View My Blog!  
Closed Thread