Matthew Ebden - Page 6 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 08-13-2010, 10:28 AM   #76
country flag scotthongkong

scotthongkong has a reputation beyond reputescotthongkong has a reputation beyond reputescotthongkong has a reputation beyond reputescotthongkong has a reputation beyond reputescotthongkong has a reputation beyond reputescotthongkong has a reputation beyond reputescotthongkong has a reputation beyond reputescotthongkong has a reputation beyond reputescotthongkong has a reputation beyond reputescotthongkong has a reputation beyond reputescotthongkong has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Matthew Ebden

That is great for Matt to represent us in the Commonwealth Games. Who else in the team? I have tried to google it and I cant find it.....any help appreciated.
scotthongkong is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-13-2010, 04:06 PM   #77
country flag jmf07

jmf07 has a reputation beyond reputejmf07 has a reputation beyond reputejmf07 has a reputation beyond reputejmf07 has a reputation beyond reputejmf07 has a reputation beyond reputejmf07 has a reputation beyond reputejmf07 has a reputation beyond reputejmf07 has a reputation beyond reputejmf07 has a reputation beyond reputejmf07 has a reputation beyond reputejmf07 has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.theage.com.au/sport/tenni...723-10oom.html

Quote:
Samantha Stosur has joined fellow Australian tennis ace Lleyton Hewitt in opting out of this year's Commonwealth Games in India.

Stosur would have been top seed and gold medal favourite for the women's singles in Delhi but, as expected, the world No.5 will skip the Games to focus on the bigger season-ending events on the main tour.

Tennis is making its Commonwealth Games debut in Delhi because of the sport's popularity in India.

Sania Mirza is a sporting superstar in her homeland, while grand slam doubles champions Mahesh Bhupathi and Leander Paes further boost India's medal chances.

However, the draws for both the men's and women's singles will be farcically weak.

The Games clash with the prestigious China Open and conclude the day before Stosur is due to defend her title in Osaka from October 11.

With more match wins on tour than any other woman in the world this year, Stosur is also in line to qualify for the season-ending championships in Bali.

Failure to compete in Beijing and Osaka would place Stosur's position in jeopardy.

Hewitt, who led the Australian Davis Cup team's boycott of India last year due to security concerns, has also decided not to nominate for the Commonwealth Games.

Fortunately for him but embarrassingly for tennis, Australia's world No.81 Peter Luczak is likely to be the men's top seed.

Scotland's world No.4 Andy Murray and the 25th-ranked Marcos Baghdatis of Cyprus are the only two players - other than Hewitt - above Luczak in the Commonwealth standings.

All indications, though, have been that Murray and Baghdatis will also decide against contesting the Games.

With most of the world's leading players absent, the Australian contingent will fancy their chances of winning medals in Delhi.

Canada's world No.50 Aleksandra Wozniak and Britain's world No.57 Elena Baltacha are the only women's players ranked higher than Australian singles hopefuls Jarmila Groth, Athens Olympic bronze medallist Alicia Molik, Anastasia Rodionova and Sophie Ferguson.

Aside from Luczak, Marinko Matosevic, Chris Guccione, Matthew Ebden, Brydan Klein, Sam Groth and Paul Hanley have nominated for the men's singles or doubles.
Baker (USA) - Bedene (SLO) - Bellucci (BRA) - Berta (SWE) - Cuevas (URU) - Domijan (USA) - Ebden (AUS) - Estrella (DOM) - Grigelis (LTU) - Guccione (AUS) - Heliovaara (FIN) - Kavcic (SLO) - King (BAH) - Kontinen (FIN) - Kubler (AUS) - Lajovic (SRB) - Matosevic (AUS) - McGee (IRE) - Millman (AUS) - Mitchell (AUS) - Nielsen (DEN) - Nieminen (FIN) - Paire (FRA) - Udomchoke (THA)
jmf07 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 11:53 PM   #78
country flag RustyOz

RustyOz has a reputation beyond reputeRustyOz has a reputation beyond reputeRustyOz has a reputation beyond reputeRustyOz has a reputation beyond reputeRustyOz has a reputation beyond reputeRustyOz has a reputation beyond reputeRustyOz has a reputation beyond reputeRustyOz has a reputation beyond reputeRustyOz has a reputation beyond reputeRustyOz has a reputation beyond reputeRustyOz has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by scotthongkong View Post
That is great for Matt to represent us in the Commonwealth Games. Who else in the team? I have tried to google it and I cant find it.....any help appreciated.
Not officially published yet but the word is that Luzcak, Hanley, Ebden and (I think) Jonesie have been been selected to represent Oz at the Commonwealth games. Not sure of Marinko and think Ball did not nominate.

Updated information is that the men's team is Looch, Ebden, Hanley and Jones.
Ladies team is Rodionova, Moore, Peers and Rogowska.

Last edited by RustyOz : 08-18-2010 at 05:33 AM. Reason: New information
RustyOz is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 10:52 AM   #79

scotthongkong has a reputation beyond reputescotthongkong has a reputation beyond reputescotthongkong has a reputation beyond reputescotthongkong has a reputation beyond reputescotthongkong has a reputation beyond reputescotthongkong has a reputation beyond reputescotthongkong has a reputation beyond reputescotthongkong has a reputation beyond reputescotthongkong has a reputation beyond reputescotthongkong has a reputation beyond reputescotthongkong has a reputation beyond repute

Marinko did nomimate.
Old 08-18-2010, 04:24 PM   #80
country flag Matchu

Matchu has a reputation beyond reputeMatchu has a reputation beyond reputeMatchu has a reputation beyond reputeMatchu has a reputation beyond reputeMatchu has a reputation beyond reputeMatchu has a reputation beyond reputeMatchu has a reputation beyond reputeMatchu has a reputation beyond reputeMatchu has a reputation beyond reputeMatchu has a reputation beyond reputeMatchu has a reputation beyond repute

Matt playing at the Commonwealth Games should be a good confidence booster for him, I think he can go deep in the tournament. As for this week Matt is playing in a challenger in Brazil where he is the 8th seed among a fairly weak field (one top 100 player). Hopefully Matt can pick up some points here before heading back to NY for US Open qualies.

I wish Matt would play more often, if he is to stay inside the top 200 he needs to gain around 80 points between now and the end of the year which I think is doable. Good luck in Brazil this week Matt.
Matchu is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 10:47 AM   #81
country flag Matchu

Matchu has a reputation beyond reputeMatchu has a reputation beyond reputeMatchu has a reputation beyond reputeMatchu has a reputation beyond reputeMatchu has a reputation beyond reputeMatchu has a reputation beyond reputeMatchu has a reputation beyond reputeMatchu has a reputation beyond reputeMatchu has a reputation beyond reputeMatchu has a reputation beyond reputeMatchu has a reputation beyond repute

Matt picked up a first round victory in Brazil with a 6-4 6-4 win over Toshihide Matsui. He next faces Columbian Robert Farah in the secound round who is apparently a very good player. The seed in Matt's quarter got knocked out first round so perhaps Matt will make semis here. Would be nice to see Matt make a run here and warm up for US open qualies.
Old 08-19-2010, 06:55 PM   #82
country flag Matchu

Matt got up in the second round 6-2 6-2 which is fairly impressive considering the hype around his opponent. A quarterfinal appearance for Ebden, it has been a while. Hopefully Matt picks up some more wins here and carries it on over into the US open next week. A good performance here could set him up for a high seeding at the Commonwealth games as well so hopefully he does well.
Old 08-20-2010, 06:58 AM   #83
country flag jmf07

jmf07 has a reputation beyond reputejmf07 has a reputation beyond reputejmf07 has a reputation beyond reputejmf07 has a reputation beyond reputejmf07 has a reputation beyond reputejmf07 has a reputation beyond reputejmf07 has a reputation beyond reputejmf07 has a reputation beyond reputejmf07 has a reputation beyond reputejmf07 has a reputation beyond reputejmf07 has a reputation beyond repute

Ebden defeated Zampieri in the Quarters 62 62. Good week for him so far made even better by reaching the semis of the doubles as well with Brendan Evans.
Baker (USA) - Bedene (SLO) - Bellucci (BRA) - Berta (SWE) - Cuevas (URU) - Domijan (USA) - Ebden (AUS) - Estrella (DOM) - Grigelis (LTU) - Guccione (AUS) - Heliovaara (FIN) - Kavcic (SLO) - King (BAH) - Kontinen (FIN) - Kubler (AUS) - Lajovic (SRB) - Matosevic (AUS) - McGee (IRE) - Millman (AUS) - Mitchell (AUS) - Nielsen (DEN) - Nieminen (FIN) - Paire (FRA) - Udomchoke (THA)
Old 08-20-2010, 09:21 AM   #84
country flag Ad Wim

Ad Wim has a reputation beyond reputeAd Wim has a reputation beyond reputeAd Wim has a reputation beyond reputeAd Wim has a reputation beyond reputeAd Wim has a reputation beyond reputeAd Wim has a reputation beyond reputeAd Wim has a reputation beyond reputeAd Wim has a reputation beyond reputeAd Wim has a reputation beyond reputeAd Wim has a reputation beyond reputeAd Wim has a reputation beyond repute

He's back on winning terms!
Ad Wim is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 01:20 PM   #85
country flag Matchu

Nice to see Matt make a challenger semi after a long drought of good results. Ricardo Mello up next will be very tough. If Matt loses in the semis he will move to 165, if he loses the final he will move to 158 and if he wins the tournament he will move to 148 (just ahead of Carsten Ball).

I think if Matt was smart he would enter a couple more of these weaker challengers during the year, yes he has to travel but it is definitely worth the amount of points he gains from them. Hopefully Matt plays some Asian hardcourt challengers towards the end of the year and gets that ranking even higher.
Old 08-21-2010, 03:48 AM   #86
country flag jmf07

Matt lost the semi 62 67 26.
Old 08-24-2010, 02:30 AM   #87
country flag jmf07

Matt is playing Mahut in the US Open Qualies first round.
Old 08-25-2010, 10:33 AM   #88

Good luck Matty. Aussie number 4 now and getting closer all the time. Good luck!
Old 08-26-2010, 01:17 AM   #89
country flag Audacity

Audacity has a reputation beyond reputeAudacity has a reputation beyond reputeAudacity has a reputation beyond reputeAudacity has a reputation beyond reputeAudacity has a reputation beyond reputeAudacity has a reputation beyond reputeAudacity has a reputation beyond reputeAudacity has a reputation beyond reputeAudacity has a reputation beyond reputeAudacity has a reputation beyond reputeAudacity has a reputation beyond repute

Mahut will be tough in this sort of match. All the best Matt.
Audacity is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 02:21 AM   #90
country flag RustyOz

RustyOz has a reputation beyond reputeRustyOz has a reputation beyond reputeRustyOz has a reputation beyond reputeRustyOz has a reputation beyond reputeRustyOz has a reputation beyond reputeRustyOz has a reputation beyond reputeRustyOz has a reputation beyond reputeRustyOz has a reputation beyond reputeRustyOz has a reputation beyond reputeRustyOz has a reputation beyond reputeRustyOz has a reputation beyond repute

Bad luck for Matt - went down to Mahut in straight sets.
RustyOz is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote