Matthew Ebden - Page 10 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 11-13-2010, 01:03 AM   #136
country flag jmf07

jmf07 has a reputation beyond reputejmf07 has a reputation beyond reputejmf07 has a reputation beyond reputejmf07 has a reputation beyond reputejmf07 has a reputation beyond reputejmf07 has a reputation beyond reputejmf07 has a reputation beyond reputejmf07 has a reputation beyond reputejmf07 has a reputation beyond reputejmf07 has a reputation beyond reputejmf07 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Matthew Ebden

Probably just got outplayed. If he was injured or sick I don't think he would have hung around too long into that second set. I don't know why he wanted to withdraw from Salzburg but perhaps he wants to give himself the week off and get ready for the Toyota Challenger or the Wildcard playoff if he skips Toyota.
Baker (USA) - Bedene (SLO) - Bellucci (BRA) - Berta (SWE) - Cuevas (URU) - Domijan (USA) - Ebden (AUS) - Estrella (DOM) - Grigelis (LTU) - Guccione (AUS) - Heliovaara (FIN) - Kavcic (SLO) - King (BAH) - Kontinen (FIN) - Kubler (AUS) - Lajovic (SRB) - Matosevic (AUS) - McGee (IRE) - Millman (AUS) - Mitchell (AUS) - Nielsen (DEN) - Nieminen (FIN) - Paire (FRA) - Udomchoke (THA)
jmf07 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-18-2010, 10:09 PM   #137
country flag djokovic

djokovic has a reputation beyond reputedjokovic has a reputation beyond reputedjokovic has a reputation beyond reputedjokovic has a reputation beyond reputedjokovic has a reputation beyond reputedjokovic has a reputation beyond reputedjokovic has a reputation beyond reputedjokovic has a reputation beyond reputedjokovic has a reputation beyond reputedjokovic has a reputation beyond reputedjokovic has a reputation beyond repute

Matt will not play in Japan, his ranking will drop to about 200 end of this year.
djokovic is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 08:18 AM   #138
country flag jmf07

jmf07 has a reputation beyond reputejmf07 has a reputation beyond reputejmf07 has a reputation beyond reputejmf07 has a reputation beyond reputejmf07 has a reputation beyond reputejmf07 has a reputation beyond reputejmf07 has a reputation beyond reputejmf07 has a reputation beyond reputejmf07 has a reputation beyond reputejmf07 has a reputation beyond reputejmf07 has a reputation beyond repute

Matt defeated Ben Mitchell 76 76. He is battling a hand injury though.
Baker (USA) - Bedene (SLO) - Bellucci (BRA) - Berta (SWE) - Cuevas (URU) - Domijan (USA) - Ebden (AUS) - Estrella (DOM) - Grigelis (LTU) - Guccione (AUS) - Heliovaara (FIN) - Kavcic (SLO) - King (BAH) - Kontinen (FIN) - Kubler (AUS) - Lajovic (SRB) - Matosevic (AUS) - McGee (IRE) - Millman (AUS) - Mitchell (AUS) - Nielsen (DEN) - Nieminen (FIN) - Paire (FRA) - Udomchoke (THA)
Old 12-15-2010, 08:51 AM   #139
country flag Audacity

Audacity has a reputation beyond reputeAudacity has a reputation beyond reputeAudacity has a reputation beyond reputeAudacity has a reputation beyond reputeAudacity has a reputation beyond reputeAudacity has a reputation beyond reputeAudacity has a reputation beyond reputeAudacity has a reputation beyond reputeAudacity has a reputation beyond reputeAudacity has a reputation beyond reputeAudacity has a reputation beyond repute

Good he got through atleast.
Audacity is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 02:26 AM   #140
country flag jmf07

Matt defeated Groth 26 64 62. Now plays Luczak in the semis.
Old 12-16-2010, 04:21 AM   #141
country flag djokovic

djokovic has a reputation beyond reputedjokovic has a reputation beyond reputedjokovic has a reputation beyond reputedjokovic has a reputation beyond reputedjokovic has a reputation beyond reputedjokovic has a reputation beyond reputedjokovic has a reputation beyond reputedjokovic has a reputation beyond reputedjokovic has a reputation beyond reputedjokovic has a reputation beyond reputedjokovic has a reputation beyond repute

Pls win this, means WC for Brisbane or Sydney as well.
Old 12-16-2010, 07:11 AM   #142
country flag jmf07

It's only a wildcard into the AO as far as I'm aware.
Old 12-16-2010, 11:19 AM   #143
country flag RustyOz

RustyOz has a reputation beyond reputeRustyOz has a reputation beyond reputeRustyOz has a reputation beyond reputeRustyOz has a reputation beyond reputeRustyOz has a reputation beyond reputeRustyOz has a reputation beyond reputeRustyOz has a reputation beyond reputeRustyOz has a reputation beyond reputeRustyOz has a reputation beyond reputeRustyOz has a reputation beyond reputeRustyOz has a reputation beyond repute

Normally winnning the AO wild card translates into a WC into Brisbane or Sydney. Sydney would make sense as you can play the tournament the week before the Ao as you do not have to play in the AO qualifying.
RustyOz is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 12:13 PM   #144
country flag djokovic

Usually, AO WC means Brisbane Q WC and Sydney maindraw WC.
Old 12-16-2010, 02:04 PM   #145
country flag jmf07

unless its changed ultimately its up to Tennis Australia and the past shows there are no real precedents. It will be even harder this year with the quality of players who will be asking for Wildcards.

Previous Winners
2009 - Lindahl - Entered through Qualies in Brisbane then WC into Sydney maindraw partly because he was from NSW
2008 - Ebelthite - No Maindraw wildcards
2007 - Sirianni - Maindraw WC into Adelaide then got into Sydney because of an SE
2006 - Smeets - No Maindraw wildcards
Old 12-18-2010, 06:22 AM   #146
country flag djokovic

Cannot believe it, but top 100 is not far.
Old 12-28-2010, 12:57 AM   #147
country flag jmf07

Quote:
WEST Australian Matt Ebden will on Tuesday be gifted a belated Christmas present - a wildcard to the Australian Open.

Ebden was this celebrating Christmas on the Gold Coast with family from South Africa, Singapore and Australia when he received the call from Tennis Australia.

The main-draw guarantee comes as a bonus as Ebden prepares to take on another year, again beginning with the Brisbane International where last January he toppled Austrian Jurgen Melzer, who went on to end the year at world No. 11.

"It's a massive honour and achievement in itself and to be recognised and to be believed in by people who have been at the top of the game is something quite special," Ebden said.

"But quite honestly, my mind set sort of clicks straight over to thinking, 'Alright, well I've been given a start, now I have to go on with it'."

Ebden experienced a breakout 2010, beginning in Brisbane with the win over Melzer.

The 23-year-old was then overlooked for an Australian Open wildcard, but forced his way into the main draw through qualifiers.

Ebden's grand slam main draw debut was against flambouyant Frenchman Gael Monfils and the Australian was far from overwhelmed in his 4-6 4-6 4-6 loss.

His year that followed had him launch more than 100 rungs to hit a high of world No. 162 in August, which placed him as the nation's fourth best player on the Tour, behing Lleyton Hewitt, Peter Luczak and Carsten Ball.

"Last year, it was great to earn my spot (at the Australian Open) and it made me build a lot of character and strength in my game and as an athlete," Ebden said.

"That sort of belief and confidence, you can't get from being given a wildcard so for me to have to earn my spot last year I think was very beneficial.

"But obviously this year, I think I've had the experience, I've been training for five sets because I expect myself to be at that level, to play the grand slams.

"So I think I'm ready for it, I'm ready to get stuck in there and show my true potential."

Ebden said his performances throughout the year, and particularly the experience he gained from the Monfils match, had him setting his sights on bigger goals in his second grand slam.

"For me it starts this week with Brisbane and to be honest, for me, the goal at these tournaments is to win them and that's what I've been working on with my coach," he said.

"This year, I went through to the round of 16 (at Brisbane), so three more and I'm into the final of the tournament.

"That's where Australians want to see their players in these tournaments, they want to see them winning, they don't want to see them just in the first round.

"Come Australian Open time, with a wildcard I'll be fresh going in there, then you've got it all to play for and if I can put my best on the park, round after round, I'm confident I can match it and beat many of the guys who will be in the draw.

"It's just about getting out there and doing it."
A pleasant surprise.
Old 12-28-2010, 08:07 AM   #148
country flag Ad Wim

Ad Wim has a reputation beyond reputeAd Wim has a reputation beyond reputeAd Wim has a reputation beyond reputeAd Wim has a reputation beyond reputeAd Wim has a reputation beyond reputeAd Wim has a reputation beyond reputeAd Wim has a reputation beyond reputeAd Wim has a reputation beyond reputeAd Wim has a reputation beyond reputeAd Wim has a reputation beyond reputeAd Wim has a reputation beyond repute

Indeed, didn't see this one coming!
Ad Wim is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 01:42 PM   #149
country flag scotthongkong

scotthongkong has a reputation beyond reputescotthongkong has a reputation beyond reputescotthongkong has a reputation beyond reputescotthongkong has a reputation beyond reputescotthongkong has a reputation beyond reputescotthongkong has a reputation beyond reputescotthongkong has a reputation beyond reputescotthongkong has a reputation beyond reputescotthongkong has a reputation beyond reputescotthongkong has a reputation beyond reputescotthongkong has a reputation beyond repute

awesome news for Matt. He deserves it.
scotthongkong is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 03:16 PM   #150
country flag Audacity

Audacity has a reputation beyond reputeAudacity has a reputation beyond reputeAudacity has a reputation beyond reputeAudacity has a reputation beyond reputeAudacity has a reputation beyond reputeAudacity has a reputation beyond reputeAudacity has a reputation beyond reputeAudacity has a reputation beyond reputeAudacity has a reputation beyond reputeAudacity has a reputation beyond reputeAudacity has a reputation beyond repute

Good stuff, finally it looks like TA is loosening up it's youth policy and giving the "deserving" guys a chance.
Audacity is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote