Au revoir et Bercy... - Page 14 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 11-14-2009, 01:47 AM   #196
country flag Burrow

Burrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Au revoir et Bercy...

allez thierry...? they've probably never even seen the guy before... I would have said something if they were shouting on Marat's serve, I got in a war or words with a guy at Wimbledon who was seated behind me saying 'Had everything technically but he won the AO and didn't care anymore'...

The court looks so cool when they do that lighting thingy but I'd have definitely embarrassed myself if I was there when the video came on. I dread to think the state I'd have been in.

I too, wish I had went and seen him sooner, I was gonna go to Wimbledon in 07 but decided not to then in 08 (fuuuuuck) but decided not to At least we got to see him anyway and at least you seen him win a match! (a thriller at that, too)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypnotize View Post
I knew I was going to regret, reading inside.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burrow View Post
Weren't you just pestering another guy about his grammar, not so long ago?
Quote:
And your problem with my grammar is?
Burrow is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-14-2009, 06:16 AM   #197
country flag hilluis

hilluis has a reputation beyond reputehilluis has a reputation beyond reputehilluis has a reputation beyond reputehilluis has a reputation beyond reputehilluis has a reputation beyond reputehilluis has a reputation beyond reputehilluis has a reputation beyond reputehilluis has a reputation beyond reputehilluis has a reputation beyond reputehilluis has a reputation beyond reputehilluis has a reputation beyond repute

Zaz-12, loved your report! Thank you. The more detail the better, particularly enjoyed your chuffing away.
hilluis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2009, 03:59 PM   #198
country flag :Zaz:

:Zaz: has a reputation beyond repute:Zaz: has a reputation beyond repute:Zaz: has a reputation beyond repute:Zaz: has a reputation beyond repute:Zaz: has a reputation beyond repute:Zaz: has a reputation beyond repute:Zaz: has a reputation beyond repute:Zaz: has a reputation beyond repute:Zaz: has a reputation beyond repute:Zaz: has a reputation beyond repute:Zaz: has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
allez thierry...? they've probably never even seen the guy before... I would have said something if they were shouting on Marat's serve, I got in a war or words with a guy at Wimbledon who was seated behind me saying 'Had everything technically but he won the AO and didn't care anymore'...

The court looks so cool when they do that lighting thingy but I'd have definitely embarrassed myself if I was there when the video came on. I dread to think the state I'd have been in.

I too, wish I had went and seen him sooner, I was gonna go to Wimbledon in 07 but decided not to then in 08 (fuuuuuck) but decided not to At least we got to see him anyway and at least you seen him win a match! (a thriller at that, too)
Expect nothing less from you , (that is meant affectionately).

Wimbles 08 woulda been sweet as, win or lose seeing him is a good thing, well except maybe Kremlin 08 final, I am still bitter bout that. If I had witnessed that, lord knows what I woulda done I would prefer to watch MC09 over KC08.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hilluis View Post
Zaz-12, loved your report! Thank you. The more detail the better, particularly enjoyed your chuffing away.
Thank you kindly A lesson for us all, smoking costs ya
:Zaz: is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2009, 06:39 PM   #199
country flag Burrow

Burrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond repute

He had that shoulder problem in Moscow 08, played rubbish in the final...

Oh well, just watched his interview for ATP on his profile on ATP website and he seems upbeat, joking about how bad his forehand is He says that he's not improved it in 12 years...Marat...you didn't always have a bad forehand
Quote:
I knew I was going to regret, reading inside.
Quote:
Weren't you just pestering another guy about his grammar, not so long ago?
Quote:
And your problem with my grammar is?
Burrow is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2009, 07:13 PM   #200
country flag momo_momo

momo_momo has a reputation beyond reputemomo_momo has a reputation beyond reputemomo_momo has a reputation beyond reputemomo_momo has a reputation beyond reputemomo_momo has a reputation beyond reputemomo_momo has a reputation beyond reputemomo_momo has a reputation beyond reputemomo_momo has a reputation beyond reputemomo_momo has a reputation beyond reputemomo_momo has a reputation beyond reputemomo_momo has a reputation beyond repute

Been keeping my cool these days...

The time is late for tears, but I am crying shitless, with the very obvious realization... I really want to go to Fineland (Doh! Of course it won't help) but all is done and it's not like Marat is dead or something.

Ha, I remember one journalist's words about tennis, about a tennis player and the sense of attachment.

You watch him play for the first time, he becomes your friend. Although not 'truly' in the literal sense, but you follow him, woes for all of his losses, cheers when he wins, jeers for the opponent and tickets - just so you could establish the connection, to prove, that there is more to your fandom than just TV and photos.

It's been a grueling year, perhaps grueling 4 years to be specific.
It's evident that tennis will never be the same, shit for those who call me sentimental and overly emotional, beer for those who share the same feelings.

Whatever our reasons may be for being here... supporting the same guy till our eyeballs pop out from watching poor and crappy streams up late, or emotional rollercoasters like Marat winning a slam and forgetting he won one...or having a row with someone who's known nothing!

It was really... so worth it. Happy all the time...

even though I very very recently joined MTF and TGFR (I just came out of my freaking cave, because Marat is retiring).

Truly I thank the guy for teaching me a lot of things.
And a lot of hugs for those here as well.

Feel free to move this to the 'how lucky we are' thread, hahahahahah
Now I'm gonna find me some chocolate.
momo_momo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2009, 07:14 PM   #201
country flag momo_momo

momo_momo has a reputation beyond reputemomo_momo has a reputation beyond reputemomo_momo has a reputation beyond reputemomo_momo has a reputation beyond reputemomo_momo has a reputation beyond reputemomo_momo has a reputation beyond reputemomo_momo has a reputation beyond reputemomo_momo has a reputation beyond reputemomo_momo has a reputation beyond reputemomo_momo has a reputation beyond reputemomo_momo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
He had that shoulder problem in Moscow 08, played rubbish in the final...
I sort of want to remember it as him giving leeway to Igor, 'cause the guy never won a title...

Don't fight me for this, hhaaha
momo_momo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 02:48 AM   #202
country flag maratsmaiden

maratsmaiden has a reputation beyond reputemaratsmaiden has a reputation beyond reputemaratsmaiden has a reputation beyond reputemaratsmaiden has a reputation beyond reputemaratsmaiden has a reputation beyond reputemaratsmaiden has a reputation beyond reputemaratsmaiden has a reputation beyond reputemaratsmaiden has a reputation beyond reputemaratsmaiden has a reputation beyond reputemaratsmaiden has a reputation beyond reputemaratsmaiden has a reputation beyond repute

If anyone, like me, noticed and liked the catchy techno tune they played when Marat was walking on the court to play Del Potro, you can download it here:

http://www.mediafire.com/?dd4ynodgnoj

If this is off topic or belongs in another thread, sorry wasn't sure where to post