Andre Agassi autobiography "Open" - Page 7 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 11-15-2009, 11:25 PM   #91
country flag juliehardwick

juliehardwick has a reputation beyond reputejuliehardwick has a reputation beyond reputejuliehardwick has a reputation beyond reputejuliehardwick has a reputation beyond reputejuliehardwick has a reputation beyond reputejuliehardwick has a reputation beyond reputejuliehardwick has a reputation beyond reputejuliehardwick has a reputation beyond reputejuliehardwick has a reputation beyond reputejuliehardwick has a reputation beyond reputejuliehardwick has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Andre Agassi autobiography "Open"

All true.

However - BS - I agree he seems to have protect Graf very carefully in this book - remarkably little in fact about her in the coverage of the time period of their years together whereas he did not feel the same need to protect BS. (Although generally the pre 99 years are far more fully explored than the post 99 ones.) I'm wondering also if she'll have her say as Tatum O'Neal did after the McEnroe book (cover story in People for that riposte if I recall...). However since she hasn't said a word these last couple of weeks and apparently he did consult her, perhaps she won't. It makes you wonder what she had him take out.

BUT overall, I have to say it seems to me (not having read the whole yet) that BS comes out of this better than she was before in this sense - the common line for the last decade it seems to me of his renaissance has been that BS ruined him, all her fault etc. Now it's quite clear to everyone that he was doing himself in ... she wasn't helping but she certainly wasn't the cause. So no more how the actress ruined the tennis player stories... Perhaps she thinks that too. I think she has something to lose by trashing him in public too whereas O-Neal had nothing to lose with her whole litany of problems well known. We'll see.
juliehardwick is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-16-2009, 01:27 AM   #92
country flag Ilovetheblues_86

Ilovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessyka View Post
Olá!
You are only fan of Agassi? i see your few posts are on his forum.

MAY THE SPIRIT OF KOSTAS PROTECT US
Ilovetheblues_86 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 04:59 AM   #93
irma

irma has a reputation beyond reputeirma has a reputation beyond reputeirma has a reputation beyond reputeirma has a reputation beyond reputeirma has a reputation beyond reputeirma has a reputation beyond reputeirma has a reputation beyond reputeirma has a reputation beyond reputeirma has a reputation beyond reputeirma has a reputation beyond reputeirma has a reputation beyond repute

Steffi tried so hard to keep her privat life privat especially before Andre and of course Andre will respect that
It's not only about them anymore but also about the kids

I am already surprised that he is allowed to talk about their first date or the incident with dad one and dad two.
irma is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 08:04 AM   #94
country flag Stephan

Stephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by irma View Post
Steffi tried so hard to keep her privat life privat especially before Andre and of course Andre will respect that

I am already surprised that he is allowed to talk about their first date or the incident with dad one and dad two.
Andre & Steffi are absolutely different in this parameter:
Steffi is really very "closed" person,
Andre wants to be "Open"

Look on these pictures - such emotional man cannot be very closed:

Stephan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 09:03 AM   #95
country flag Jessyka

Jessyka has a reputation beyond reputeJessyka has a reputation beyond reputeJessyka has a reputation beyond reputeJessyka has a reputation beyond reputeJessyka has a reputation beyond reputeJessyka has a reputation beyond reputeJessyka has a reputation beyond reputeJessyka has a reputation beyond reputeJessyka has a reputation beyond reputeJessyka has a reputation beyond reputeJessyka has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrdinaryfoolisNJ View Post
But there is so much I'd like to know beyond the matches. Like, how she managed to hide her first ever romance over several years with the Jewish photographer from NYC starting when she was about 18!!! About dealing with her father's problems while she was trying to concentrate on her gamel, and how they managed to keep what must have been an "open" secret secret until the "baby mama" drama exposed it all. About how most people wrote back in the day that Stef was immature until the mid 90's when she was forced to emotionally mature when separated from Peter, and how she did it so very well. Her anger at how people saw her dad. Her relationships with her mother and brother. Mostly, her relationship with Alfans Graf (or was there one...),himself a former nationally admired athlete. So many interesting things I'd like to know about Stef.
Very interesting post. I agree with you on so many points.

I highlighted that part of your post, because that's exactly what I feel, and what I'm curious about. But I believe that's something we'll never find out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilovetheblues_86 View Post
You are only fan of Agassi? i see your few posts are on his forum.
I love tennis in general, but I'm only comfortable posting here for now.
Jessyka is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 11:28 AM   #96
country flag kati830728

kati830728 has a reputation beyond reputekati830728 has a reputation beyond reputekati830728 has a reputation beyond reputekati830728 has a reputation beyond reputekati830728 has a reputation beyond reputekati830728 has a reputation beyond reputekati830728 has a reputation beyond reputekati830728 has a reputation beyond reputekati830728 has a reputation beyond reputekati830728 has a reputation beyond reputekati830728 has a reputation beyond repute

andre will be on ellen degeneres.

Thursday, November 19
SIMON BAKER I sure have a lot of good-looking neighbors here on the WB lot -- the gorgeous SIMON BAKER films the hit show "The Mentalist" just a few stages over from mine. He's so cute and sexy, and I love having him here. Then, in one year, LEONA LEWIS went from being "The X-Factor" winner to becoming a huge pop star. You probably know all the words to "Bleeding Love," and now she's here to perform her new hit. Also, my friend, tennis star ANDRE AGASSI just wrote a new book, and a lot of people are surprised by some of his revelations. He'll be here to tell us all about it
kati830728 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 01:24 PM   #97
country flag Jessyka

Jessyka has a reputation beyond reputeJessyka has a reputation beyond reputeJessyka has a reputation beyond reputeJessyka has a reputation beyond reputeJessyka has a reputation beyond reputeJessyka has a reputation beyond reputeJessyka has a reputation beyond reputeJessyka has a reputation beyond reputeJessyka has a reputation beyond reputeJessyka has a reputation beyond reputeJessyka has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by kati830728 View Post
andre will be on ellen degeneres.

Thursday, November 19
SIMON BAKER I sure have a lot of good-looking neighbors here on the WB lot -- the gorgeous SIMON BAKER films the hit show "The Mentalist" just a few stages over from mine. He's so cute and sexy, and I love having him here. Then, in one year, LEONA LEWIS went from being "The X-Factor" winner to becoming a huge pop star. You probably know all the words to "Bleeding Love," and now she's here to perform her new hit. Also, my friend, tennis star ANDRE AGASSI just wrote a new book, and a lot of people are surprised by some of his revelations. He'll be here to tell us all about it
That's great! Thanks for the info!
Old 11-16-2009, 01:24 PM   #98
country flag djul

djul has a reputation beyond reputedjul has a reputation beyond reputedjul has a reputation beyond reputedjul has a reputation beyond reputedjul has a reputation beyond reputedjul has a reputation beyond reputedjul has a reputation beyond reputedjul has a reputation beyond reputedjul has a reputation beyond reputedjul has a reputation beyond reputedjul has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by irma View Post

100% agree, I was very surprised too.
djul is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 11:13 AM   #99
country flag kati830728

kati830728 has a reputation beyond reputekati830728 has a reputation beyond reputekati830728 has a reputation beyond reputekati830728 has a reputation beyond reputekati830728 has a reputation beyond reputekati830728 has a reputation beyond reputekati830728 has a reputation beyond reputekati830728 has a reputation beyond reputekati830728 has a reputation beyond reputekati830728 has a reputation beyond reputekati830728 has a reputation beyond repute

does someone has read the vogue article?
kati830728 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 11:33 AM   #100
country flag Jessyka

Quote:
Originally Posted by kati830728 View Post
does someone has read the vogue article?
Is it out already?
Old 11-17-2009, 12:36 PM   #101
irma

irma has a reputation beyond reputeirma has a reputation beyond reputeirma has a reputation beyond reputeirma has a reputation beyond reputeirma has a reputation beyond reputeirma has a reputation beyond reputeirma has a reputation beyond reputeirma has a reputation beyond reputeirma has a reputation beyond reputeirma has a reputation beyond reputeirma has a reputation beyond repute

Andre's book is a great read. I wonder if Roald Dahl knew Andre's dad when he wrote "the twits"
irma is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 02:51 PM   #102
country flag yoguis

yoguis has a reputation beyond reputeyoguis has a reputation beyond reputeyoguis has a reputation beyond reputeyoguis has a reputation beyond reputeyoguis has a reputation beyond reputeyoguis has a reputation beyond reputeyoguis has a reputation beyond reputeyoguis has a reputation beyond reputeyoguis has a reputation beyond reputeyoguis has a reputation beyond reputeyoguis has a reputation beyond repute

For Andre Agassi, life is an open book

http://www.miamiherald.com/459/story/1337054.html
yoguis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 05:16 PM   #103
country flag Bashak

Bashak has a reputation beyond reputeBashak has a reputation beyond reputeBashak has a reputation beyond reputeBashak has a reputation beyond reputeBashak has a reputation beyond reputeBashak has a reputation beyond reputeBashak has a reputation beyond reputeBashak has a reputation beyond reputeBashak has a reputation beyond reputeBashak has a reputation beyond reputeBashak has a reputation beyond repute

There is going to be a chat session with Agassi on Tennis Channel Website:

Title: Andre Agassi Chat

Date: Thursday November 19, 2009
Time: 1:15PM EST
http://www.tennischannel.com/agassi_chat/

Suicide Tennis Winner: Doha 2010, Basel 2009 FITD Winner: Auckland 2012, Nice 2010, London WTF 2009, Tokyo 2009, Roland Garros 2009, Paris 2008, Basel 2008 TT Finalist: Nottingham 2009, Savannah 2009, Marrakech 2011. TT Doubles Winner: Sarasota 2011 (w/ coasterman9 TT Doubles Finalist: Bergamo 2011 (w/ leoneo), Fergana 2009 (w/ catatonia) DTT Doubles Winner: Miami 2011 (w/Abollo)
Bashak is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 06:46 PM   #104
country flag Jessyka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bashak View Post
There is going to be a chat session with Agassi on Tennis Channel Website:

Title: Andre Agassi Chat

Date: Thursday November 19, 2009
Time: 1:15PM EST
http://www.tennischannel.com/agassi_chat/

Thanks for the info!
Old 11-17-2009, 11:28 PM   #105
country flag LMason

LMason has a reputation beyond reputeLMason has a reputation beyond reputeLMason has a reputation beyond reputeLMason has a reputation beyond reputeLMason has a reputation beyond reputeLMason has a reputation beyond reputeLMason has a reputation beyond reputeLMason has a reputation beyond reputeLMason has a reputation beyond reputeLMason has a reputation beyond reputeLMason has a reputation beyond repute

From npr.org:
I also have to stress: that Andre Agassi book is fantastic, and I am not a person who cares tremendously about tennis. He's very generous in the acknowledgments with his ghostwriter, and it's a good thing, because about three pages in, you will think, "Despite Agassi's name on the cover, if this was written by a tennis player, I am the starting quarterback for the Green Bay Packers."
LMason is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote