Andre Agassi autobiography "Open" - Page 13 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 01-26-2010, 10:56 AM   #181
country flag camilia

camilia has a reputation beyond reputecamilia has a reputation beyond reputecamilia has a reputation beyond reputecamilia has a reputation beyond reputecamilia has a reputation beyond reputecamilia has a reputation beyond reputecamilia has a reputation beyond reputecamilia has a reputation beyond reputecamilia has a reputation beyond reputecamilia has a reputation beyond reputecamilia has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Andre Agassi autobiography "Open"

Never seen this site before, thanks Stephan
camilia is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-27-2010, 01:55 PM   #182
country flag Stephan

Stephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by camilia View Post
Never seen this site before, thanks Stephan
there is another site too...http://www.agassi.com/

did you see it?
Stephan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 02:01 PM   #183
country flag Stephan

Stephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond repute

stefi's site
Old 01-27-2010, 02:09 PM   #184
country flag camilia

camilia has a reputation beyond reputecamilia has a reputation beyond reputecamilia has a reputation beyond reputecamilia has a reputation beyond reputecamilia has a reputation beyond reputecamilia has a reputation beyond reputecamilia has a reputation beyond reputecamilia has a reputation beyond reputecamilia has a reputation beyond reputecamilia has a reputation beyond reputecamilia has a reputation beyond repute

I know about Steffi's site but not Andre's.
Old 01-28-2010, 01:29 AM   #185
country flag juliehardwick

juliehardwick has a reputation beyond reputejuliehardwick has a reputation beyond reputejuliehardwick has a reputation beyond reputejuliehardwick has a reputation beyond reputejuliehardwick has a reputation beyond reputejuliehardwick has a reputation beyond reputejuliehardwick has a reputation beyond reputejuliehardwick has a reputation beyond reputejuliehardwick has a reputation beyond reputejuliehardwick has a reputation beyond reputejuliehardwick has a reputation beyond repute

It's funny that he links to hers, but she doesn't link to his!

I think, Camilla, they just launched the new Agassi/Graf and Agassi website the week the book came out. The Agassi people have been very slow to do
anything about with the new social media I think. They seem to be getting there now with the facebook and twitter accounts as well as the website, but still slowly - bizarrely I don't think there's a link to the facebook or twitter stuff on the website.
Haven't they heard of integration?
juliehardwick is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 08:01 AM   #186
country flag camilia

Quote:
Originally Posted by juliehardwick View Post
It's funny that he links to hers, but she doesn't link to his!

I think, Camilla, they just launched the new Agassi/Graf and Agassi website the week the book came out. The Agassi people have been very slow to do
anything about with the new social media I think. They seem to be getting there now with the facebook and twitter accounts as well as the website, but still slowly - bizarrely I don't think there's a link to the facebook or twitter stuff on the website.
Haven't they heard of integration?
Interesting, they should link them to the website at least to help people know they are authentic accounts! Didn't know about the facebook, I'm following him on twitter but I kind of hoped he'd be tweeting himself
Old 01-30-2010, 05:29 PM   #187

juliehardwick has a reputation beyond reputejuliehardwick has a reputation beyond reputejuliehardwick has a reputation beyond reputejuliehardwick has a reputation beyond reputejuliehardwick has a reputation beyond reputejuliehardwick has a reputation beyond reputejuliehardwick has a reputation beyond reputejuliehardwick has a reputation beyond reputejuliehardwick has a reputation beyond reputejuliehardwick has a reputation beyond reputejuliehardwick has a reputation beyond repute

There's a link to the twitter and the website on the facebook page, but nothing vice versa..
I don't think they have the hang of the social media yet, and the twittering is a good start, but I think it could be used more effectively. I thought the mix of posting and pr worked better at the start when they did mix a few notes from Agassi in - they were pretty candid...

Meanwhile AO's ending, Olympics coming up, here's a funny link in a Lisa Dillman article about the gold medalist snowboarder, Shaun White, on snowboarding with Graf and Agassi:

"You know what, he's gonna hate me, but Steffi was almost better," White said. "She was good, man. She was good."
Old 02-28-2010, 07:10 PM   #188
country flag Stephan

J. R. Moehringer, left, and Andre Agassi in Las Vegas.
They collaborated on Mr. Agassi's memoir, "Open."
Old 03-06-2010, 09:20 AM   #189
country flag sydfd

sydfd is on a distinguished road

amazing book....amazing journey...
i admire and respect him now more than ever!
sydfd is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 06:40 PM   #190
country flag tanaja

tanaja is on a distinguished road

Brooke Shields is planning to write her own memoirs and give the other side of her marriage to retired tennis ace Andre Agassi.

Brooke about her first marriage to Andre Agassi(Ladies Home Journal):

"With Andre it was like, 'Please be the adult. Please take care of me.' And he did."

A few links(similar articles):

http://www.femalefirst.co.uk/enterta...lds-77378.html

http://www.pr-inside.com/shields-pla...r-r1759887.htm

http://www.starpulse.com/news/index....ndre_agassi_ma

Last edited by tanaja : 03-07-2010 at 06:54 PM.
tanaja is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 11:32 AM   #191

Try reading the actual article - which is represented very misleadingly in those links. She's seems in fact fact with it and no intention of settling scores with him:

http://www.lhj.com/style/covers/brooke-shields/?page=1
Old 03-08-2010, 04:06 PM   #192
country flag tanaja

Quote:
Try reading the actual article - which is represented very misleadingly in those links. She's seems in fact fact with it and no intention of settling scores with him:

Thank you Julie. You're right. This article is much more informative.
Old 03-08-2010, 07:07 PM   #193
country flag bia

bia has a reputation beyond reputebia has a reputation beyond reputebia has a reputation beyond reputebia has a reputation beyond reputebia has a reputation beyond reputebia has a reputation beyond reputebia has a reputation beyond reputebia has a reputation beyond reputebia has a reputation beyond reputebia has a reputation beyond reputebia has a reputation beyond repute

It's really annoying how often reporters take a sentence out of contest just to make the headlines.
bia is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 09:24 PM   #194
country flag sydfd

sydfd is on a distinguished road

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanaja View Post
Thank you Julie. You're right. This article is much more informative.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bia View Post
It's really annoying how often reporters take a sentence out of contest just to make the headlines.

Thanks for sharing Julie.

I agree with you all. Reading OPEN, I believe that Andre disliked the marriage but not Brooke. In fact, he mentioned that he will forever be indebted to Brooke for convincing him to get rid of his 'hair', and how sorry he was for Brooke who had to put up with his moods.

I'm sure that Andre and Brooke have matured since their years together. They're now both a peace with what they have and who they're with.

Last edited by sydfd : 03-08-2010 at 10:21 PM.
sydfd is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 10:32 AM   #195
country flag tanaja

I think, that Andre held back in talking about his life with Brooke Shields, not wanting to dish out the dirt on her. He said in an interview about Brooke: "There were some harsh truths, but I tried to turn a harder lens on myself."
And I think, that Brooke's book might even show Andre in better light than Open. He took blame for so many things.

But on the other hand... their relationship... I don't know... I think, there were some other things Andre didn't mention.
Well, maybe Brooke will mention them.