Andre Agassi autobiography "Open" - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 10-19-2009, 06:41 AM   #1
country flag OrdinaryfoolisNJ

OrdinaryfoolisNJ has a reputation beyond reputeOrdinaryfoolisNJ has a reputation beyond reputeOrdinaryfoolisNJ has a reputation beyond reputeOrdinaryfoolisNJ has a reputation beyond reputeOrdinaryfoolisNJ has a reputation beyond reputeOrdinaryfoolisNJ has a reputation beyond reputeOrdinaryfoolisNJ has a reputation beyond reputeOrdinaryfoolisNJ has a reputation beyond reputeOrdinaryfoolisNJ has a reputation beyond reputeOrdinaryfoolisNJ has a reputation beyond reputeOrdinaryfoolisNJ has a reputation beyond repute
Default Andre Agassi autobiography "Open"

http://www.celebritybooksigningsandevents.com/events

Okay, who is going with me to the Century City Borders signing in LA on Nov 18th???!!! The bad thing is that the book is definitely going to be cheaper at Costco - but it'll cost me more to travel to Summerlin to buy it, so I guess I'll just have to see him in LA!

I'm getting excited.

Nancy J

Updated 10/18/09

Andre Agassi, tennis great, signing copies of Open: An Autobiography

* 11/12/09 12:30 PM at Barnes & Noble – Fifth Avenue. New York, NY.
* 11/13/09 7:00 PM at Indigo Books - Bloor Street. Toronto, Onatrio.
* 11/15/09 2:00 PM at Books-A-Million - Sawgrass Mills Mall. Sunrise, FL.
* 11/18/09 7:00 PM at Borders Books - Santa Monica Blvd. Los Angeles, CA.
* 11/20/09 7:00 PM at Books Inc. - Van Ness Avenue. San Francisco, CA.
* 11/21/09 1:30 PM at Kepler's Books - El Camino Real. Menlo Park, CA.
* 11/22/09 1:00 PM at Costco – South Pavilion Drive. Las Vegas, NV.
OrdinaryfoolisNJ is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-19-2009, 11:09 AM   #2
country flag Jessyka

Jessyka has a reputation beyond reputeJessyka has a reputation beyond reputeJessyka has a reputation beyond reputeJessyka has a reputation beyond reputeJessyka has a reputation beyond reputeJessyka has a reputation beyond reputeJessyka has a reputation beyond reputeJessyka has a reputation beyond reputeJessyka has a reputation beyond reputeJessyka has a reputation beyond reputeJessyka has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Andre Agassi autobiography "Open"

I want to go!

But since I'm in Brazil it won't happen.
Jessyka is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009, 03:43 PM   #3
country flag camilia

camilia has a reputation beyond reputecamilia has a reputation beyond reputecamilia has a reputation beyond reputecamilia has a reputation beyond reputecamilia has a reputation beyond reputecamilia has a reputation beyond reputecamilia has a reputation beyond reputecamilia has a reputation beyond reputecamilia has a reputation beyond reputecamilia has a reputation beyond reputecamilia has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessyka View Post
I want to go!

But since I'm in Brazil it won't happen.
If it makes you feel better, I'm in the UAE so I'm not going either
camilia is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 04:13 AM   #4

OrdinaryfoolisNJ has a reputation beyond reputeOrdinaryfoolisNJ has a reputation beyond reputeOrdinaryfoolisNJ has a reputation beyond reputeOrdinaryfoolisNJ has a reputation beyond reputeOrdinaryfoolisNJ has a reputation beyond reputeOrdinaryfoolisNJ has a reputation beyond reputeOrdinaryfoolisNJ has a reputation beyond reputeOrdinaryfoolisNJ has a reputation beyond reputeOrdinaryfoolisNJ has a reputation beyond reputeOrdinaryfoolisNJ has a reputation beyond reputeOrdinaryfoolisNJ has a reputation beyond repute

Too bad, as I'd love to meet both of you! Maybe he'll come to one or both of your areas. It could happen! !

Here's another article:

http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/story/1294366.html

Posted on Thursday, 10.22.09

Agassi's book tour to hit South Florida
BY MICHELLE KAUFMAN
mkaufman@MiamiHerald.com

Andre Agassi has stayed out of the limelight since his 2007 retirement, but plan to see a lot more of him in the coming weeks as he embarks on a cross-country tour to promote his autobiography Open, which hits bookstores Nov. 9.

Agassi will be at Books-A-Million in Sawgrass Mills Mall from 4 p.m. to 6 p.m. Nov. 15 and at Temple Judea in Coral Gables at 6:30 p.m. Nov. 16 for a Books & Books-sponsored event that includes a 45-minute interview with Miami Herald columnist Edwin Pope (go to booksandbooks.com for information on tickets).

This weekend, Agassi will be in Macau for a Sunday exhibition against his former rival Pete Sampras. He will appear in upcoming editions of People magazine and Sports Illustrated and on 60 Minutes. Agassi made headlines this week for suggesting that era of domination by Roger Federer and Rafael Nadal could be coming to a close as younger players come along and Nadal deals with knee injuries.

``Now we have possibly the changing of the guard,'' Agassi told reporters in Hong Kong during a teleconference.

``You have those top two who are now losing ground to the likes of [Novak] Djokovic and [Andy] Murray and [Juan Martin] del Potro.''

Agassi said Federer, 28, ``still has the chance to do some more special things,'' but he faces more rivals than just Nadal. He said Murray, the only top-six player not to win a Grand Slam title, is primed to make a breakthrough.

``This is going to be a crucial time in his career, and I predict the next year will determine his career one way or another,'' Agassi said of Murray. ``He has a lot of reasons, motivations and skills that can help him to accomplish a great deal, but he has to be willing to push to get over the next hump. Do I think he can do it? Absolutely. Do I expect him to do it? I really do.''
Old 10-24-2009, 12:24 PM   #5
country flag camilia

camilia has a reputation beyond reputecamilia has a reputation beyond reputecamilia has a reputation beyond reputecamilia has a reputation beyond reputecamilia has a reputation beyond reputecamilia has a reputation beyond reputecamilia has a reputation beyond reputecamilia has a reputation beyond reputecamilia has a reputation beyond reputecamilia has a reputation beyond reputecamilia has a reputation beyond repute

I'd love to meet you too, who knows. Maybe one day
I wanted to go and watch him play when he came to Dubai but unfortunately he didn't make it to the weekend
Thanks for the article
Old 10-24-2009, 01:17 PM   #6
country flag Jessyka

Jessyka has a reputation beyond reputeJessyka has a reputation beyond reputeJessyka has a reputation beyond reputeJessyka has a reputation beyond reputeJessyka has a reputation beyond reputeJessyka has a reputation beyond reputeJessyka has a reputation beyond reputeJessyka has a reputation beyond reputeJessyka has a reputation beyond reputeJessyka has a reputation beyond reputeJessyka has a reputation beyond repute

I'd love to meet you guys too.

But since we can't meet, I'm gonna anxiously, I mean, patiently () wait for the stories and all the details of those who went.
Old 10-24-2009, 05:01 PM   #7
country flag camilia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessyka View Post
I'd love to meet you guys too.

But since we can't meet, I'm gonna anxiously, I mean, patiently () wait for the stories and all the details of those who went.
Old 10-25-2009, 11:44 PM   #8
country flag tanaja

tanaja is on a distinguished road

When will excerpts from his book be published in People magazine or Tennis magazine? Does anybody know?
tanaja is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 11:55 AM   #9
country flag karenpoon

karenpoon has a reputation beyond reputekarenpoon has a reputation beyond reputekarenpoon has a reputation beyond reputekarenpoon has a reputation beyond reputekarenpoon has a reputation beyond reputekarenpoon has a reputation beyond reputekarenpoon has a reputation beyond reputekarenpoon has a reputation beyond reputekarenpoon has a reputation beyond reputekarenpoon has a reputation beyond reputekarenpoon has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2qC_rfMmhm0
karenpoon is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 10:48 PM   #10

Holy cow! Crystal Meth?! Lots of articles popping up today (see a short one below) after a publicist Tweeted about this! SI and People to have articles on the book THIS week! If anyone gets their copy sooner than Thurs/Friday (when they hit the stands in my area) please post.

http://sports.espn.go.com/sports/ten...ory?id=4600027

Updated: October 27, 2009, 5:03 PM ET
Agassi says he used crystal meth in '97
Comment Email Print Share
ESPN.com news services
Andre Agassi used crystal meth while he was playing professional tennis, according to a new autobiography to be released next month.

Agassi
The information was confirmed by the director of media relations at Knopf, a division of Random House which is publishing the book, according to a report in the New York Daily News. It was first publicized widely by Sports Illustrated writer Richard Deitsch in a Twitter post.

The Daily News said that the year was 1997.

"FYI: There's an off-the-charts book excerpt from Andre Agassi in the forthcoming SI: He admits to taking crystal meth during his career," Deitsch wrote Tuesday morning. The post was later deleted. The excerpt of the book is due out later this week in Sports Illustrated and People magazines.

"Those excerpts contain revelations about Andre's use of crystal meth when he was a tennis player," said Paul Bogaards of Knopf, according to the Daily News.

Agassi had won the Olympic gold medal in the 1996 Atlanta Games, but didn't win a major in 1997. His next major came at the 1999 French Open. He won the U.S. Open later that year and went on to win three more Australian Open titles before retiring in 2006. He won more than $30 million in his career, and eight major singles titles.

He is currently married to former Grand Slam champion Steffi Graf. They have two children.

The book, titled "Open: An Autobiography," is due out on Nov. 9.
Old 10-27-2009, 11:52 PM   #11
country flag Jessyka

Thanks for the video and the article!

I can't wait to read his book!
Old 10-28-2009, 03:34 AM   #12
country flag karenpoon

karenpoon has a reputation beyond reputekarenpoon has a reputation beyond reputekarenpoon has a reputation beyond reputekarenpoon has a reputation beyond reputekarenpoon has a reputation beyond reputekarenpoon has a reputation beyond reputekarenpoon has a reputation beyond reputekarenpoon has a reputation beyond reputekarenpoon has a reputation beyond reputekarenpoon has a reputation beyond reputekarenpoon has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/spo...cle6892979.ece
Old 10-28-2009, 02:49 PM   #13
country flag camilia

Thanks for the articles, somehow that doesn't suprise me!
Old 10-28-2009, 03:39 PM   #14
country flag karenpoon

This week's edition of People Magazine
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2009 - People Magazine (9 Nov).jpg (115.8 KB, 43 views)
Old 10-30-2009, 03:15 AM   #15
country flag juliehardwick

juliehardwick has a reputation beyond reputejuliehardwick has a reputation beyond reputejuliehardwick has a reputation beyond reputejuliehardwick has a reputation beyond reputejuliehardwick has a reputation beyond reputejuliehardwick has a reputation beyond reputejuliehardwick has a reputation beyond reputejuliehardwick has a reputation beyond reputejuliehardwick has a reputation beyond reputejuliehardwick has a reputation beyond reputejuliehardwick has a reputation beyond repute

Did any of you used to go to the Agassi board on peoplesforum before it crashed? Anyone know where those people went (if anywhere...)? That was a lively group.

I lurk here but have been amazed there haven't been hundreds of postigs the last couple of days. Here are Friday's book excerpts from the London Times.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/spo...cle6896029.ece

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/spo...cle6896056.ece

Last edited by juliehardwick : 10-30-2009 at 03:15 AM. Reason: typo
juliehardwick is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote