1. Each day of play you must pick 1 winner playing an ATP main draw singles match. Of course, the player that you choose, is playing one match scheduled to be played that day (as seen on the order of play).
2. Once you pick someone, you cannot choose them again for the rest of the tournament. So, you don't want to waste your pick on Roddick or Federer to win in early round matches.
3. You must choose one player to win each day. If you forget, are sick, or are unable to reach a computer, it will be treated as a wrong pick, and you will be out of the tournament. You have to submit your own pick, no one else can submit your pick for you.
4. Only in the case of a walkover or a withdrawal of your main pick, each player is allowed to have a back-up pick, selected at the same time as their initial pick. That back-up pick will only be used in the occurance of a walkover or withdrawal, as stated above. Retirements do count as completed matches.
Replacement picks must be identitified like this:
Back-Up Pick - Andy Roddick
Make it clear and try to do it all in one post.
NOTE: You can't pick a player from a match scheduled for the previous day and postponed for the next due to rain or darkness! Choose only from the matches posted in the OOP for the concrete day posted here
5. If you wish to participate, just write the word IN in this thread or just post your Day 1 pick in the correct time. New players are ALWAYS welcome!
6. Once the order of play with be released, it will be added IN THIS THREAD, right below, to facilitate your choices. Each day, this post will be updated with its respective order of play.
NOTE: You can't pick a player from a match scheduled for the previous day and postponed for the next due to rain or darkness! Choose only from the matches posted in the OOP here for the concrete day!
7. Picks will be acceptable until before the start of the FIRST match each day.
8. The scoring system will be as follows:
Winning pick on Day 1: 5
Winning pick on Day 2: 20
Winning pick on Day 3: 33
Winning pick on Day 4: 45
Winning pick on Day 5: 90
Winning pick on Day 6: 150
Winning pick on Day 7: 250
9. This thread is not made to complain about format, points, etc. PMs work very well.
Day 7 / Sunday
Marcos BAGHDATIS (CYP) v Olivier ROCHUS (BEL)
****Everyone's dead so no posting picks.****
Day 6 / Saturday
Robin SODERLING (SWE) v Marcos BAGHDATIS (CYP)
Thomaz BELLUCCI (BRA) v Olivier ROCHUS (BEL)
****Please post picks by 13:00****
Baghdatis def. Soderling W/O Back-Ups will be used for this match.
Day 5 / Friday
Robin SODERLING (SWE) v Guillermo GARCIA-LOPEZ (ESP)
Marcos BAGHDATIS (CYP) v [Q]Arnaud CLEMENT (FRA)
Thomaz BELLUCCI (BRA) v [WC]Joachim JOHANSSON (SWE)
Olivier ROCHUS (BEL) v Jarkko NIEMINEN (FIN)
****Please post picks by 13:00****
Day 4 / Thursday
Feliciano LOPEZ (ESP) v Olivier ROCHUS (BEL)
Marcos BAGHDATIS (CYP) v Robert KENDRICK (USA)
[Q]Michael BERRER (GER) v [Q]Arnaud CLEMENT (FRA)
Robin SODERLING (SWE) v Andreas SEPPI (ITA)
Jarkko NIEMINEN (FIN) v Tommy HAAS (GER)
**** Please post picks by 13:00 ****
Day 3 / Wednesday
Feliciano LOPEZ (ESP) v Ernests GULBIS (LAT)
Guillermo GARCIA-LOPEZ (ESP) v Simon GREUL (GER)
Florent SERRA (FRA) v Tommy HAAS (GER)
Juan Carlos FERRERO (ESP) v Marcos BAGHDATIS (CYP)
Robin SODERLING (SWE) v [LL]Giovanni LAPENTTI (ECU)
[WC]Joachim JOHANSSON (SWE) v Juan MONACO (ARG)
Leonardo MAYER (ARG) v Thomaz BELLUCCI (BRA)
****Please post picks by 13:00 Stockholm time****
Day 2 / Tuesday
[Q]Arnaud CLEMENT (FRA) v Andreas BECK (GER)
[Q]Michael BERRER (GER) v [Q]Henri KONTINEN (FIN)
Andreas VINCIGUERRA (SWE) v Olivier ROCHUS (BEL)
[WC] Grigor DIMITROV (BUL) v Jarkko NIEMINEN (FIN)
[Q]Frederik NIELSEN (DEN) v Thomaz BELLUCCI (BRA)
Robert KENDRICK (USA) v Oscar HERNANDEZ (ESP)
Victor CRIVOI (ROU) v Andreas SEPPI (ITA)
****Please try to post picks by 13:00. Unfortunately, I won't be around tomorrow when play starts. I would very much appreciate it if somebody kindly posts in the thread when the first singles match begins. Otherwise we will cheat from the PAW thread or figure something. Happy picking. ****
Day 1 / Monday
Jan Hernych (CZE) v Juan Monaco (ARG) [WC]Joachim Johansson (SWE) v Peter Luczak (AUS)
Simon Greul (GER) v Benjamin Becker (GER)
Guillermo Garcia-Lopez (ESP) v Alberto Martin (ESP) Albert Montanes (ESP) v Leonardo Mayer (ARG)
****Please try to post picks by 14:00 on Monday to be safe. I don't expect it to start before 16:00 Stockholm time, but if some qualifier retires, it might****
Ruben Ramirez-Hidalgo is an intruiging player. A complete nobody who near the age of 30 worked himself up to be a competitive claycourter (2006-2007), beating Ferrer at RG, leading Federer 5-1 in the final set in Masters Series tournament.
His playing style is also of interest, he is the most technically pure moonballer on the tour
miles ahead of Nadal in esthetic terms, complete with a never-failing trademark grunt. A legend.
Originally Posted by Nathaliia
i sit on central court in the front row, turn my head back over whole stand and the vip lounge above and see RRHs moonballs from court #2