Tennis Players in Football Teams - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 05-03-2007, 07:20 AM   #1
country flag Action Jackson
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Action Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond repute
Default Tennis Players in Football Teams

This thread might be in the wrong place, but who cares and it started out a conversation with jayjay and myself and also Willy Canas the poster.

This is the ATP football match between South America vs. Spain and yes he we have selected teams and the formations and given reasons as well.

No doubt, there will be some people who think we don't know what we are talking about and could come up with something better. If so, give us the teams and their formations.

The South Americans playing 3-5-2

GK: Saretta :We need a Higuita like figure and the Magic Clown fits that.

Def: Cañas :Tenacious Roberto Ayala type, who will never given in at the tackle.
Def: Massu :You know he will pull every timewasting tactic in the book at set pieces and will do the cynical foul when necessary, every team needs a defender like this.
Def Behrend : The Brazilian German who has the natural Brazilian ginga with the German precision and gives height to the defence, though lacks in speed.

Midfield

L Mid: Rios: He is the Chilean Djalminha, very gifted and just as moody.

Mid: Gonzo :One of the midfield hardmen to protect the creative players like Rios and Gaudio, good for the odd 40m blasted goal, but libel to miss the open goal.

Mid: Lucho Horna : He is like Xavi, feisty competitor and will run all day and do the dirty work in getting the ball for the stars.

R Mid: Gaudio :The talented but very unpredictable player, capable of the brilliant and the bizarre all within 2 minutes, can do nothing for 89 minutes and then 1 min of brilliance.

Mid: Zabaleta :Free spirit and perfect for the free role and has excellent control, but has been known not to pass the ball as often as he should.

Forwards:

Coria : The Messi and Aimar like build, small, wiry, quick and clever able to beat a defender with finesse and skill instead of force and will use his weasel like instincts to get the fouls and test the referees.

Nico Lapentti :The glamour boy in the team, everyone needs to have one. He is the Rico Suave of the team and he is like Ivan Kaviedes started off really well, but never developed to full ability.

Reserves:

GK: Roitman : Tall guy, moves well and can make his own goalkeeping shirts.
Def: Acasuso :Cult hero where fans scream Chuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuucho, when he gets the ball, natural sided left footer, can get caught sleeping.)
Def Ghem :Plays the Gremio style and is a solid man and could used to replace the oft-injured Massu.

Mid: Nalbandian :Talented player, can use all the angles, but can only play short bursts.

Mid: Capdeville : Doesn't mind a fight and won't give up
Mid: Julio Silva : Excitable player, very good dribbling skills and exuberant, fire up a tiring team.)

Fwd: Calleri :Like his Boca hero Batistuta, doesn't believe in finesse, when blasting the ball will do.
Fwd del Potro :Young startlet with a lot of promise, needs to develop and good target man.)

N/A; Guga and Massa due to injury and Puerta due to doping ban.

Coaches:
Horacio de la Peña : This man's animation on the bench and that voice would make it worth it.

Assistants :Hernan Gumy and Franco Squilari.

Wilander on Dimitrov - "He has mind set on imitating Federer and yes it looks good. But he has no idea what to do on the court".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filo V. View Post
I definitely would have preferred Gaba winning as he needs the points much more, but Jan would have beaten him anyway. I expect Hajek to destroy Machado, like 6-1 6-2.
Machado wins 6-2 6-1

Last edited by Action Jackson : 11-28-2007 at 12:03 PM.
Action Jackson is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-03-2007, 07:24 AM   #2
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Action Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ATP South America vs. Spain football match

Spain playing 4-4-2

GK : Navarro Pastor : He is tall, agile and the best Spaniard near a net.
Def: Verdasco :The marauding left back with the powerful shot, likes to get forward, but sometimes forgets he has to defend.
Def: King Hernandez :He is the grace and the elegance at the back just like Der Kaiser Beckenbauer
Def: Robredo :Solid and dependable player who just gets the job done inspite of his critics.
Def: Mantilla : The old warrior at the back, may not have the pace he used to have, but will not be outfought in the tackle.

Midfield

Lalo : The Beckham of the team, he is in there for the looks and the fact he will sell merchandise and gets the ladies to the game, can produce the odd bit of skill, but it mostly all show and no go). He needs protection from Nadal and Ferrer.

Ferrer : The least talented, but the grittiest player who will run all day and do the dirty work and not complain while the others get the glory, every team needs these kinds of players.

Nadal : Another all action player who has the right genetics and the energy he provides for the midfield and will feed the forwards and good for some goals.

Almagro : The feisty one who will like to upset the opponents with the gestures and words, is very talented but can produce some excellence as well, mostly likely to get a red card out of this time.

Forwards:

Vicente : The blond mane of the Maxi Lopez lookalike happens to be a very handy footballer and is liable to do more damage on the football field than with the slice backhand.

Moya : Another favourite with the ladies, the tall smouldering Moya who happens to be very strong, though lacking a little bit of speed, he has the experience and a sweet left foot that still troubles defences)

Reserves
GK: Balcells : The huge Catalan with the safe hands better than any keeper Barcelona have ever had.

Def: GGL :Big and strong defender who sometimes doesn't make the best decisions under pression.

Def: Ramirez Hidalgo ( Bringa a bit of speed to the backline and good to make big runs down the flank.

Mid: Marc Lopez : Courageous midfielder on the smallish side, but will give 100 percent all of the time.

Mid: Ventura :Has clever changes of pace, likes to use effective short passes, but likes to use the diagonal ones as well, good for a few goals as well.

Mid Beto Martin : Dependable and no flashiness there.

Fwd:Ferrero : Former starlet and star forward at the top of his game a few years ago. Had some problems and is fighting back, he is the supersub and still get the vital goals just not as prolific as previous.

Fwd Tati Rascon : Cult hero who is past his best, but can still surprise and he is the Roger Milla of the Spanish team.

Coaches

Coach: Alex Corretja (smooth talking Spaniard)
Assistant Jordi Arrrese ( there needs to be some animated action on the best
Pato Clavet (Cause he is that cool)

Wilander on Dimitrov - "He has mind set on imitating Federer and yes it looks good. But he has no idea what to do on the court".

Quote:
I definitely would have preferred Gaba winning as he needs the points much more, but Jan would have beaten him anyway. I expect Hajek to destroy Machado, like 6-1 6-2.
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Old 05-03-2007, 07:29 AM   #3
country flag W!MBLEDON

W!MBLEDON has a reputation beyond reputeW!MBLEDON has a reputation beyond reputeW!MBLEDON has a reputation beyond reputeW!MBLEDON has a reputation beyond reputeW!MBLEDON has a reputation beyond reputeW!MBLEDON has a reputation beyond reputeW!MBLEDON has a reputation beyond reputeW!MBLEDON has a reputation beyond reputeW!MBLEDON has a reputation beyond reputeW!MBLEDON has a reputation beyond reputeW!MBLEDON has a reputation beyond repute

W!MBLEDON is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 07:43 AM   #4
country flag bokehlicious
♥ eve ♥

bokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond repute

I'd never have thought you'd have been that damn bored during your beloved clay season, Georges...
bokehlicious is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 07:44 AM   #5
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMPower View Post
I'd never have thought you'd have been that damn bored during your beloved clay season, Georges...
You don't think much in general, but I accept that.

Quote:
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Old 05-03-2007, 07:47 AM   #6
country flag bokehlicious
♥ eve ♥

bokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgeWHitler View Post
You don't think much in general, but I accept that.
I use to let my brain at home once I venture in GM much easier to figure out some stuff on here actually
bokehlicious is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 07:49 AM   #7
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMPower View Post
I use to let my brain at home once I venture in GM much easier to figure out some stuff on here actually
Can't waste brainpower in GM, that's like building an igloo in a desert.

Quote:
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Old 05-03-2007, 08:20 AM   #8
country flag scarecrows
Ace Loveforty

scarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond repute

i'd love to see Magic Clown do the scorpion kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by FormerRafaFan View Post
That will be the last victory of Rafa for quite some time.. With his joke mentality and pathetic game, I hope the disgusting player loses every single match next season. He's disgraceful. He should just retire. He's a joke.
Quote:
Originally Posted by l_mac View Post
(10) Corey Feldman vs. (12) scarecrows
scarecrows is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 09:16 AM   #9
country flag Nathaliia

Nathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond repute

This is class in general and this is so true in particular: "GK: Balcells : The huge Catalan with the safe hands better than any keeper Barcelona have ever had."

www.tenislove.pl
Nathaliia is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 09:40 AM   #10
country flag adee-gee
_._._._._._

adee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond repute

awesome thread.

South Americans have the edge, lots of talent in the midfield. I'd have Nalbandian aka Prosinecki in midfield ahead of Zabaleta.

Then you have a quality central midfield pairing of Horna aka Gattuso and Nalbandian aka Prosinecki. Tough to beat. Coria up front will be a huge threat as well, kind of like a Dickov to annoy the defenders.

Too many prima donna's in the Spanish team, though King Oscar would be in any world XI.
adee-gee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 09:45 AM   #11
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

King Oscar would captain the World XI

Thing is with Spain, they lost a very good generation. Bruguera, Corretja, Albert and Carlos Costa, the Basque Berasategui and Francisco Clavet losing those 6 quality players is going to hurt any team.

Nalbandian, he could turn a game an impact player.

Chela will be doing the interviews.

Quote:
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Old 05-03-2007, 09:57 AM   #12
country flag adee-gee
_._._._._._

adee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond repute

The French team would be interesting, lots of talent and flair, although Forget as coach would cause controversy as he has been known to show favouritism towards his favourite players.

Gasquet would enjoy the post match showers a bit too much as well
adee-gee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 09:59 AM   #13
country flag reiko

reiko has a reputation beyond reputereiko has a reputation beyond reputereiko has a reputation beyond reputereiko has a reputation beyond reputereiko has a reputation beyond reputereiko has a reputation beyond reputereiko has a reputation beyond reputereiko has a reputation beyond reputereiko has a reputation beyond reputereiko has a reputation beyond reputereiko has a reputation beyond repute

Coolest post/thread ever in GM!

Wish the match could be realized. Maybe the guys should play the football match during off season for change. Tha match would attract both tennis and football fans, means a lot of $$$. Reason enough for ET to give it serious consideration.
reiko is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 10:04 AM   #14
country flag Deivid23

Deivid23 has a reputation beyond reputeDeivid23 has a reputation beyond reputeDeivid23 has a reputation beyond reputeDeivid23 has a reputation beyond reputeDeivid23 has a reputation beyond reputeDeivid23 has a reputation beyond reputeDeivid23 has a reputation beyond reputeDeivid23 has a reputation beyond reputeDeivid23 has a reputation beyond reputeDeivid23 has a reputation beyond reputeDeivid23 has a reputation beyond repute

Ferrero = Raúl González (bench is where he should be)
Ferrer should be the Gattuso of our team
Verdasco as a defender , he should be some kind of Guti I believe
Beto would be a great 2, strong, works hard and he´s fast
I think Ventura could be in the lineup as a 5, a different and smart player
Vicente and Moya are undoubtely the couple of starting forwards.
Mucho is a bit burro after all, though he has skills, like a new version of Fernando Hierro, he would be my 4
Good call on Iván Navarro, deserved GK
Fuck it, LaLo can sell shirts on bench
Nadal plays football very well in real life, he would be a good back up for two forwards, number 10
I see Robredo like some kind Luis García, too much hype, little talent, anyway he´s efficient, so he gets a spot

Oscar and Tati as Kaiser and Milla are great

Navarro

Beto Almagro Oscar Mantilla

Ferrer Ventura Nadal Robredo

Vicente Moya
Deivid23 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 10:12 AM   #15
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Quote:
Originally Posted by reiko View Post
Coolest post/thread ever in GM!

Wish the match could be realized. Maybe the guys should play the football match during off season for change. Tha match would attract both tennis and football fans, means a lot of $$$. Reason enough for ET to give it serious consideration.
I know they played beach football in Båstad and Larsson was there and the South Americans won it.

As for Mr.Disney, good luck.

Quote:
Machado wins 6-2 6-1