Shanghai Surprise! - Page 3 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 10-12-2009, 03:00 PM   #31
country flag maratsmaiden

maratsmaiden has a reputation beyond reputemaratsmaiden has a reputation beyond reputemaratsmaiden has a reputation beyond reputemaratsmaiden has a reputation beyond reputemaratsmaiden has a reputation beyond reputemaratsmaiden has a reputation beyond reputemaratsmaiden has a reputation beyond reputemaratsmaiden has a reputation beyond reputemaratsmaiden has a reputation beyond reputemaratsmaiden has a reputation beyond reputemaratsmaiden has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Shanghai Surprise!

couple of shots from the match:

Advertisement

Old 10-12-2009, 03:27 PM   #32
country flag Iana

Iana has a reputation beyond reputeIana has a reputation beyond reputeIana has a reputation beyond reputeIana has a reputation beyond reputeIana has a reputation beyond reputeIana has a reputation beyond reputeIana has a reputation beyond reputeIana has a reputation beyond reputeIana has a reputation beyond reputeIana has a reputation beyond reputeIana has a reputation beyond repute

Iana is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 03:39 PM   #33

maratsmaiden has a reputation beyond reputemaratsmaiden has a reputation beyond reputemaratsmaiden has a reputation beyond reputemaratsmaiden has a reputation beyond reputemaratsmaiden has a reputation beyond reputemaratsmaiden has a reputation beyond reputemaratsmaiden has a reputation beyond reputemaratsmaiden has a reputation beyond reputemaratsmaiden has a reputation beyond reputemaratsmaiden has a reputation beyond reputemaratsmaiden has a reputation beyond repute

few more from getty:

Old 10-12-2009, 03:57 PM   #34
country flag monkey247

monkey247 has a reputation beyond reputemonkey247 has a reputation beyond reputemonkey247 has a reputation beyond reputemonkey247 has a reputation beyond reputemonkey247 has a reputation beyond reputemonkey247 has a reputation beyond reputemonkey247 has a reputation beyond reputemonkey247 has a reputation beyond reputemonkey247 has a reputation beyond reputemonkey247 has a reputation beyond reputemonkey247 has a reputation beyond repute

This is the look of a man who forgot to eat his Wheaties.

From Daylife: http://www.daylife.com/search/photos/1/grid?q=safin.
monkey247 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 04:13 PM   #35
country flag BelgianWaffle

BelgianWaffle has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianWaffle has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianWaffle has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianWaffle has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianWaffle has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianWaffle has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianWaffle has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianWaffle has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianWaffle has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianWaffle has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianWaffle has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeytattoo View Post
What's with the cheesy music during the changeovers? If they started doing this at Wimby, I would chain myself to Gate 3 in protest.

Achy Breaky Heart? Really?
BelgianWaffle is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 04:20 PM   #36

Quote:
This is the look of a man who forgot to eat his Wheaties.
you hit the nail on the head...

Quote:
and you found the hippo picture!!!!
Old 10-12-2009, 11:50 PM   #37
country flag inez

inez has a reputation beyond reputeinez has a reputation beyond reputeinez has a reputation beyond reputeinez has a reputation beyond reputeinez has a reputation beyond reputeinez has a reputation beyond reputeinez has a reputation beyond reputeinez has a reputation beyond reputeinez has a reputation beyond reputeinez has a reputation beyond reputeinez has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by maratsmaiden View Post
you hit the nail on the head...

and you found the hippo picture!!!!
- the fans and their banners were so cute - shame about the monstrously cavernous and echoy stadium though - music wise, Shanghai should play Savage Garden in honour of "THAT" banner,after all, it has followed MArat from Beijing!!

As for MArat - well - no "shanghai surprise" in that performance - it was dark, cool, and there had been spots of rain earlier, and it was relatively "late" - in other words,almost a guarantee that it would be Mr Narky-pants that turned up ( and if he DID forget his wheaties - although I think he prefers cornflakes... it's no wonder that so it proved. He had "that" look on his face pretty much all night - and he was ITCHY...scratching his back, his arms, his legs...poor dear -must have been bitten by mozzies...in fact, he reminded me not so much of a Hippo but a Water Buffalo, whisking his tail and looking askance down his nose at that pesky little annoyance on the other side of the net who played really well for bursts in both sets....

Of course once he had warmed up and managed to pull a bit of focus, the result was never in doubt, but lets hope he finds his serve again for his next match !

Last edited by inez : 10-12-2009 at 11:55 PM.
inez is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 01:33 AM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by inez View Post
- the fans and their banners were so cute - shame about the monstrously cavernous and echoy stadium though - music wise, Shanghai should play Savage Garden in honour of "THAT" banner,after all, it has followed MArat from Beijing!!

As for MArat - well - no "shanghai surprise" in that performance - it was dark, cool, and there had been spots of rain earlier, and it was relatively "late" - in other words,almost a guarantee that it would be Mr Narky-pants that turned up ( and if he DID forget his wheaties - although I think he prefers cornflakes... it's no wonder that so it proved. He had "that" look on his face pretty much all night - and he was ITCHY...scratching his back, his arms, his legs...poor dear -must have been bitten by mozzies...in fact, he reminded me not so much of a Hippo but a Water Buffalo, whisking his tail and looking askance down his nose at that pesky little annoyance on the other side of the net who played really well for bursts in both sets....

Of course once he had warmed up and managed to pull a bit of focus, the result was never in doubt, but lets hope he finds his serve again for his next match !
Lol - I forgot about when he scratched his back with his racquet...
Old 10-13-2009, 01:39 AM   #39
country flag :Zaz:

:Zaz: has a reputation beyond repute:Zaz: has a reputation beyond repute:Zaz: has a reputation beyond repute:Zaz: has a reputation beyond repute:Zaz: has a reputation beyond repute:Zaz: has a reputation beyond repute:Zaz: has a reputation beyond repute:Zaz: has a reputation beyond repute:Zaz: has a reputation beyond repute:Zaz: has a reputation beyond repute:Zaz: has a reputation beyond repute

From today/yesterday (i dunno the time difference is messing with me brain), there are more at ATPtour.ru http://www.atptour.ru/viewtopic.php?...2084&start=420, I just thought this was beautiful.

:Zaz: is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 01:05 PM   #40
country flag Iana

Iana has a reputation beyond reputeIana has a reputation beyond reputeIana has a reputation beyond reputeIana has a reputation beyond reputeIana has a reputation beyond reputeIana has a reputation beyond reputeIana has a reputation beyond reputeIana has a reputation beyond reputeIana has a reputation beyond reputeIana has a reputation beyond reputeIana has a reputation beyond repute

Marat plays first game of tomorrow program, against Tomas Berdych.
Iana is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 03:06 PM   #41
country flag PennyThePenguin
Scavenger Hunter

PennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond repute

powerade time!!!!
PennyThePenguin is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 03:16 PM   #42
country flag ad-out

ad-out has a reputation beyond reputead-out has a reputation beyond reputead-out has a reputation beyond reputead-out has a reputation beyond reputead-out has a reputation beyond reputead-out has a reputation beyond reputead-out has a reputation beyond reputead-out has a reputation beyond reputead-out has a reputation beyond reputead-out has a reputation beyond reputead-out has a reputation beyond repute

Hope he can play with a bit more conviction against Tomas tomorrow.. I actually got to watch on TV and he really did look miserable throughout the whole match. People in the US - the tennis channel is actually broadcasting this tournament!
ad-out is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 03:26 PM   #43
country flag czx22

czx22 has a reputation beyond reputeczx22 has a reputation beyond reputeczx22 has a reputation beyond reputeczx22 has a reputation beyond reputeczx22 has a reputation beyond reputeczx22 has a reputation beyond reputeczx22 has a reputation beyond reputeczx22 has a reputation beyond reputeczx22 has a reputation beyond reputeczx22 has a reputation beyond reputeczx22 has a reputation beyond repute

I don't want he loss to berdych in fount of the whole shanghai audience...
pls be the best and get into next round...
Old 10-13-2009, 03:30 PM   #44
country flag Burrow

Burrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond repute

Well, he's beaten Berdych twice before but I don't think that holds much ground when this is on a different surface and a surface that Berdych should like. I still don't think it's such a bad match for Safin.
Burrow is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 03:38 PM   #45
country flag ad-out

ad-out has a reputation beyond reputead-out has a reputation beyond reputead-out has a reputation beyond reputead-out has a reputation beyond reputead-out has a reputation beyond reputead-out has a reputation beyond reputead-out has a reputation beyond reputead-out has a reputation beyond reputead-out has a reputation beyond reputead-out has a reputation beyond reputead-out has a reputation beyond repute

I think it is OK too.. Better than Cilic would have been really.. I kind of hate that he plays first tomorrow, though.. He usually doesn't like getting up early for matches! Hopefully the weather will be good though.
ad-out is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote