Post an interesting fact. =) - Page 5 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 10-08-2009, 04:22 PM   #61
country flag JolánGagó
Banned!

JolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Post an interesting fact. =)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Getta View Post
don't think cuz i'm easy, i'm naive...
never crossed my mind.
JolánGagó is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-08-2009, 05:45 PM   #62
country flag Certinfy

Certinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry if any of these have been posted

121. In a lifetime an average person eats 3 spiders while sleeping.

122. If you are right handed, you will tend to chew your food on your right side. If you are left handed, you will tend to chew your food on your left side.

123. If you stop getting thirsty, you need to drink more water. For when a human body is dehydrated, its thirst mechanism shuts off.

124. The pupil of the eye expands as much as 45 percent when a person looks at something pleasing.

125. The average person who stops smoking requires one hour less sleep a night.

126. The roar that we hear when we place a seashell next to our ear is not the ocean, but rather the sound of blood surging through the veins in the ear.

127. Bats always turn left when exiting a cave.

128. The owl is the only bird to drop its upper eyelid to wink. All other birds raise their lower eyelids.

129. The reason honey is so easy to digest is that it’s already been digested by a bee.

130. The color blue has a calming effect. It causes the brain to release calming hormones.

131. Every time you sneeze some of your brain cells die.

132. Your left lung is smaller than your right lung to make room for your heart.

133. When you blush, the lining of your stomach also turns red.

134. When hippos are upset, their sweat turns red.

135. Google is actually the common name for a number with a million zeros.

136. It cost 7 million dollars to build the Titanic and 200 million to make a film about it.

137. The attachment of the human skin to muscles is what causes dimples.

138. The sound you hear when you crack your knuckles is actually the sound of nitrogen gas bubbles bursting.

139. Human hair and fingernails continue to grow after death.

140. It takes about 20 seconds for a red blood cell to circle the whole body.

141. The only part of the body that has no blood supply is the cornea in the eye. It takes in oxygen directly from the air.

142. Every day 200 million couples make love, 400,000 babies are born, and 140,000 people die.

143. Colgate faced big obstacle marketing toothpaste in Spanish speaking countries. Colgate translates into the command “go hang yourself.”

144. The only 2 animals that can see behind itself without turning its head are the rabbit and the parrot.

145. Intelligent people have more zinc and copper in their hair.

146. The average person laughs 13 times a day.

147. Women blink nearly twice as much as men.

148. Two animal rights protesters were protesting at the cruelty of sending pigs to a slaughterhouse in Bonn. Suddenly the pigs, all two thousand of them, escaped through a broken fence and stampeded, trampling the two hapless protesters to death.

149. a statue in the park of a person on a horse has both front legs in the air, the person died in battle; if the horse has one front leg in the air, the person died as a result of wounds received in battle; if the horse has all four legs on the ground, the person died of natural cause.

150. The human heart creates enough pressure while pumping to squirt blood 30 feet!!
Originally Posted by Saberq View Post
if he loses this I will support Murray
Certinfy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 05:49 PM   #63
country flag Dini

Dini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Certinfy View Post
143. Colgate faced big obstacle marketing toothpaste in Spanish speaking countries. Colgate translates into the command “go hang yourself.”
Old 10-08-2009, 05:55 PM   #64
country flag Jelena

Jelena has a reputation beyond reputeJelena has a reputation beyond reputeJelena has a reputation beyond reputeJelena has a reputation beyond reputeJelena has a reputation beyond reputeJelena has a reputation beyond reputeJelena has a reputation beyond reputeJelena has a reputation beyond reputeJelena has a reputation beyond reputeJelena has a reputation beyond reputeJelena has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infini. View Post
Volkswagen had similar problems with an ad for Golf in Arab countries. They used a white car in their ad, and white is in Arab countries the color which is connected to mourn.

Bolo Zenden, Bobo Gille, Zlatan
Jelena is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 06:08 PM   #65
country flag Dini

Dini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jelena View Post
Volkswagen had similar problems with an ad for Golf in Arab countries. They used a white car in their ad, and white is in Arab countries the color which is connected to mourn.
As far as I know black is the colour of mourning. I know Syrians wear a white head scarf and black clothes in funerals, but that's the only white bit. Having said that I've never lived in an Arabic country, so I don't know the official tradition - but it varies from country to country. In Iraq for example women are expected to wear black from top to toe in mourning. I suppose men from the Gulf treaditionally always wear white. Maybe Habib can shed some light on the rest.
Old 10-08-2009, 06:12 PM   #66
country flag GlennMirnyi
Banned!

GlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond repute

151. Gloryhunters are losers who transfer their lack of achievements to their idols.
GlennMirnyi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 06:13 PM   #67
country flag Jelena

Jelena has a reputation beyond reputeJelena has a reputation beyond reputeJelena has a reputation beyond reputeJelena has a reputation beyond reputeJelena has a reputation beyond reputeJelena has a reputation beyond reputeJelena has a reputation beyond reputeJelena has a reputation beyond reputeJelena has a reputation beyond reputeJelena has a reputation beyond reputeJelena has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
As far as I know black is the colour of mourning. I know Syrians wear a white head scarf and black clothes in funerals, but that's the only white bit. Having said that I've never lived in an Arabic country, so I don't know the official tradition - but it varies from country to country. In Iraq for example women are expected to wear black from top to toe in mourning. I suppose men from the Gulf treaditionally always wear white. Maybe Habib can shed some light on the rest.
For us, but not for the Arabs. Cultural differences, which you have to know also as a translator.

Bolo Zenden, Bobo Gille, Zlatan
Jelena is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 06:22 PM   #68
country flag JolánGagó
Banned!

JolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond repute

Gulf men wear white all the time. "Colgate" means that only in Argentina and Uruguay, not sure of Chile, in the rest of the Spanish speaking world it means nothing. Hair and fingernails don't keep on growing after death, the flesh retracts. Etc...
JolánGagó is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 06:24 PM   #69
country flag Certinfy

Certinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond repute

I dunno, i just found them on the internet
Old 10-08-2009, 06:25 PM   #70
country flag Dini

Quote:
For us, but not for the Arabs. Cultural differences, which you have to know also as a translator.
Oh I do know a little about Arabs, I'm half Iraqi, half Lebanese. But I'm not an expert in this matter though so I'll take your word for it until mum comes back home and then I'll ask her to confirm.

But, having had two very close relatives die and been to their funerals I can safely say that Iraqis wear black from head to toe.
Old 10-08-2009, 06:30 PM   #71
country flag Certinfy

Half Iraqi
Old 10-08-2009, 06:31 PM   #72
country flag The Freak

The Freak has a reputation beyond reputeThe Freak has a reputation beyond reputeThe Freak has a reputation beyond reputeThe Freak has a reputation beyond reputeThe Freak has a reputation beyond reputeThe Freak has a reputation beyond reputeThe Freak has a reputation beyond reputeThe Freak has a reputation beyond reputeThe Freak has a reputation beyond reputeThe Freak has a reputation beyond reputeThe Freak has a reputation beyond repute

152. More people die each year from falling coconuts than from shark attacks.

Tim Henman--Gael Monfils--James Blake--Rafael Nadal--Jo-Wilfried Tsonga--John Isner--Janko Tipsarevic--Juan Martin Del Potro--Donald Young--Richard Gasquet.

The Freak is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 06:32 PM   #73
country flag Dini

Quote:
Originally Posted by Certinfy View Post
Half Iraqi
You didn't know?
Dini is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 06:35 PM   #74
country flag habibko

habibko has a reputation beyond reputehabibko has a reputation beyond reputehabibko has a reputation beyond reputehabibko has a reputation beyond reputehabibko has a reputation beyond reputehabibko has a reputation beyond reputehabibko has a reputation beyond reputehabibko has a reputation beyond reputehabibko has a reputation beyond reputehabibko has a reputation beyond reputehabibko has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I have never heard of this one and I doubt it's true, white is the most popular color in cars anyway...

also the white color is connected with celebrations and is the traditional color for men in most countries, it's associated with mourning in Buddhism and some Japanese traditional funerals.

Quote:
yes black is the color for mourning, and even so it's still a very popular color for cars you know, where it's associated with the high class and VIPs, like everywhere else, I don't know where Jelena heard that one really
habibko is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 06:35 PM   #75
country flag Certinfy

Quote:
You didn't know?
No i didn't and now i wish i knew this along time ago