Post an interesting fact. =) - Page 2 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 10-08-2009, 11:08 AM   #16
country flag Dini

Dini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Post an interesting fact. =)

51. Donkeys kill more people every year than airplane crashes.

52. Walt Disney was afraid of mice.

53. The average human produces two swimming pools of saliva in a lifetime.

54. In LA there are more cars than people.

55. The roar that we hear when we place a seashell next to our ear is not the ocean, but rather the sound of blood surging through the veins in the ear

56. If Wal-Mart was classified as a country, it would be the 24th most productive country in the world.

57. The name "Wendy" was made up for the book "Peter Pan".

58. "Dreamt" is the only English word that ends in the letters "mt".

59. A toothpick is the object most often choked on by Americans.

60. The reason honey is so easy to digest is that it’s already been digested by a bee.
Dini is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-08-2009, 11:17 AM   #17
country flag Dini

Dini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond repute

61. The CD length was determined by the Beethoven's Ninth Symphony.

62. Gallileo discovered the theory of relativity, not Eintstein. He discovered the general and relative theories a few hundred years later. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.............

63. A jellyfish is 95 percent water.

64. Starfish haven't got brains.

65. Elephants are the only animals that can't jump.

66. The Bible is the number one shoplifted book in America.

67. "W" is "double u"

68. In the UK, roughly six people a year die putting their trousers on.

69. A Blue whale's tongue weighs more than an elephant.

70. Kangaroos can't walk backwards.
Old 10-08-2009, 11:18 AM   #18
country flag JolánGagó
Banned!

JolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infini. View Post
62. Gallileo discovered the theory of relativity, not Eintstein. He discovered the general and relative theories a few hundred years later. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.............
This isn't right, this isn't even wrong.
JolánGagó is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 11:19 AM   #19
country flag Har-Tru
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Har-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond repute

loving 66

Tennis has no blood passport system, and does basically no out of competition testing.

The methods and drugs used by Armstrong in 1999 would work in tennis right now, with zero chance of being caught (not slightly surprising to anyone familiar with the topic, btw).
Har-Tru is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 11:22 AM   #20
country flag Dini

Quote:
Originally Posted by JolánGagó View Post
This isn't right, this isn't even wrong.
OK.
Old 10-08-2009, 11:39 AM   #21
country flag Dini

61. 45% of Americans don't know that the sun is a star.

62. Japan uses the most energy per year than any other country.

63. Karate actually originated in India, but was developed further in China.

64. On average, 42,000 balls are used and 650 matches are played at the annual Wimbledon tennis tournament.

65. You can send a postcard from Hell. There is a small town located in the Cayman Islands called "Hell." They even have a post office.

66. India used to be the richest country in the world until the British invasion in the early 17th Century.

67. Despite being over 27 times smaller, Norway's total coastline is longer than the USA's.

68. The word "comet" comes from the Greek word "kometes" meaning long hair and referring to the tail.

69. Istanbul, Turkey is the only city in the world located on two continents.

70. The city of Venice stands on about 120 small islands.
Old 10-08-2009, 11:52 AM   #22
country flag Dini

71. Marie Curie, the Nobel prize winning scientist who discovered radium, died of radiation poisoning.

72. Bill Gates house was partially designed using a Macintosh computer.

73. The parents of Albert Einstein were worried that he was mentally slow because it took him a long time to learn how to speak.

74. Cleopatra married two of her brothers.

75. Ringo Starr appeared in a Japanese advertisement for apple sauce. Ironically his name means "apple sauce" in Japanese.

76. A famous bullfighter, Lagarijo, killed 4,867 bulls in the 19th century.

77. Julie Nixon, daughter of Richard Nixon married David Eisenhower, grandson of Dwight Eisenhower.

78. Isaac Newton used to be a member of parliament.

79. During his lifetime, artist Vincent Van Gogh only sold one of his paintings (The Red Vineyard).

80. Italian philosopher and scientist Galileo Galilei's middle finger can be found on display at Italy's Museo di Storia del Scienza.

81. The first cheerleaders in the U.S. were men.

82. Thomas Edison, the inventor of the light bulb was afraid of the dark.

83. The are six fictional characters that have stars on Hollywood's "Walk of Fame."

84. In Greece, the climate is so warm that many of the cinemas do not even have roofs.

85. Fires onland generally move faster uphill than downhill.

86. One billion seconds is about 32 years.

87. The most overdue book in the world was borrowed from Sidney Sussex College in Cambridge, England and was returned 288 years later.

88. Babies have more bones (300) than adults (206).

89. There are over 1,000,000 swimming pools in Florida, eventhough the ocean is no farther than 80 miles away.

90. In China, September 20 is "Love Your Teeth Day."
Old 10-08-2009, 11:53 AM   #23
country flag Jōris

Jōris has a reputation beyond reputeJōris has a reputation beyond reputeJōris has a reputation beyond reputeJōris has a reputation beyond reputeJōris has a reputation beyond reputeJōris has a reputation beyond reputeJōris has a reputation beyond reputeJōris has a reputation beyond reputeJōris has a reputation beyond reputeJōris has a reputation beyond reputeJōris has a reputation beyond repute

91. "Typewriter" is the longest word that can be made using only the top row on the keyboard.
Old 10-08-2009, 12:23 PM   #24
country flag Castafiore

Castafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arend View Post
91. "Typewriter" is the longest word that can be made using only the top row on the keyboard.
On a qwerty keyboard. It's not possible on my keyboard (an azerty keyboard)
Castafiore is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 12:28 PM   #25
country flag Jelena

Jelena has a reputation beyond reputeJelena has a reputation beyond reputeJelena has a reputation beyond reputeJelena has a reputation beyond reputeJelena has a reputation beyond reputeJelena has a reputation beyond reputeJelena has a reputation beyond reputeJelena has a reputation beyond reputeJelena has a reputation beyond reputeJelena has a reputation beyond reputeJelena has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
not on the German keyboard too. It's possible for me if I switch on the Portuguese keyboard, but not with the German one.

Bolo Zenden, Bobo Gille, Zlatan
Jelena is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 12:37 PM   #26
country flag bokehlicious
Banned!

bokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Castafiore View Post
On a qwerty keyboard. It's not possible on my keyboard (an azerty keyboard)
You have French keyboards in Flanders? Over here we have German keyboards... I guess in the Netherlands they have standard qwerty keayboards...
bokehlicious is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 12:40 PM   #27
country flag Jōris

Jōris has a reputation beyond reputeJōris has a reputation beyond reputeJōris has a reputation beyond reputeJōris has a reputation beyond reputeJōris has a reputation beyond reputeJōris has a reputation beyond reputeJōris has a reputation beyond reputeJōris has a reputation beyond reputeJōris has a reputation beyond reputeJōris has a reputation beyond reputeJōris has a reputation beyond repute

92. People who don't use qwerty keyboards shower fewer times in a week than someone who does uses a qwerty keyboard.
Old 10-08-2009, 12:44 PM   #28
country flag Castafiore

Castafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by P. Antonius View Post
You have French keyboards in Flanders? Over here we have German keyboards... I guess in the Netherlands they have standard qwerty keayboards...
Indeed we do.

It makes more sense for Dutch/Flemish speakers to use qwerty but the standard in Belgium is the French keyboard.
Castafiore is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 12:47 PM   #29
country flag Jōris

Quote:
Originally Posted by P. Antonius View Post

First time I learn there are different keyboard layouts.:retard: The Dutch Wikipedia says that the American Qwerty layout is the most common used over here.
Old 10-08-2009, 12:57 PM   #30
country flag Dini

Quote:
92. People who don't use qwerty keyboards shower fewer times in a week than someone who does uses a qwerty keyboard.