Pim-Pims blogg - Page 2 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 01-11-2010, 11:59 PM   #16
country flag MediaRat

MediaRat has a reputation beyond reputeMediaRat has a reputation beyond reputeMediaRat has a reputation beyond reputeMediaRat has a reputation beyond reputeMediaRat has a reputation beyond reputeMediaRat has a reputation beyond reputeMediaRat has a reputation beyond reputeMediaRat has a reputation beyond reputeMediaRat has a reputation beyond reputeMediaRat has a reputation beyond reputeMediaRat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Pim-Pims blogg

..and here are the last blog entries from Pim Pim (took me 4 hours in total for these 3 replies I have published in the thread... ), so enjoy:

Tough weekend in the local series. Started with both me and Jansson were sick (Jansson had 40 degrees fever), "Wille" gone due to school and "Lagge" injured - maybe for the rest of the season.
Apart from Robin Brage (who has quit) who made a big impression in the 1st single in the opposing team, I want to give praise to SPTK's Oliver Hildebrandt who had to step up for the 2nd single (instead of 4th place match). He had to face the reborn Patrick Filipsson who in his almost 40s is trying to compete with Jonas Björkman in 40+ group in a couple of years. Olivers development in the series is far better than the kids in "Idol". Great to see a junior player in the series who are not complaining, or is making foot faults, or is giving up! From the first point until the last, he is standing there like Rapha use to do and it´s impossible to see the match score. If you keep on like this, the respect will grow more and more from the competitors who are going to wish that they could/have the energy to be like you.

We are hoping for a complete team set-up, when we are facing "Gävle" and "Gällivare" who are just above us. We need to win both to stay in the series. Playing at home, everyone well and maybe the entire SSK-cheering squad, everything is possible!

Söderlings sudden exit from the ATP finals was to Davydenkos advantage (who later won the title). In the semifinals against Delpo, Robin was serving at 4-2 in the crucial 3rd set. He was just a step behind on the important points and Del Potros routine & attitude settled the score. Robin fought all the way even though the body language at 2-6 & 3-6 in the deciding tie-break said otherwise (Robin appeared to be much shorter, with sholders hanging after a long duel at 2-5 and his own serve).

Robin is facing something new next season: 1. He is a player "to beat" 2. He must really calculate (expect) to reach 2nd week in all Grand Slams 3. Starting fees (for example Malaysia, Båstad, Stockholm and other "little" tournaments who draws top 10 players with x amount of hundred thousands SEK) could make it more difficult to plan a good schedule 4. His re-building phase is much shorter now that he only has 1 month to the 1st tournament of 2010.. 5. Larger media focus and activities around the tournaments. Will be exciting to follow this closely.

This is my last blog entry for 2009, since the ATP-season is over. Looking forward though to DC-finals Spain-Czech Republic.
It has been really great to comment on different events in sports, mostly tennis, but also affect my readers who are now at 1.500 unique visitors/day!

One of the best things since the start in June, must be Petra (in SPTK team) who got a sponsor thanks to my blog post. Then also all fun discussions around my Quiz, all emails and comments in the tennis halls I have visited is of course a contributing factor for wanting to continue next year indefinitely.

Next thing on my own schedule is moving from our apartment to a house just outside of Södertälje (my base will still be at the Tennis Hall). We started packing the other day and should be ready next week. I have not had high expectations from my pregnant fiancé (9 months) to help move, but she is stubborn and packing, picking up things and making Christmas gifts in her own pace. Rather cosy actually.
After the move we are hoping for Christmas and New Years Eve on the horizon and that Baby Junior is not coming out until next year. We´ll see. The most important thing is that our baby and Johanna are okay.

No match schedule until our baby is born and I have spent some time with my family. I will get back with tournament planning as soon as it´s done. I am relly looking forward to this new part of my life.
It is something that both me and Johanna have been longing for in our lives since a while back. We just needed to find the right person first...

The 29th of dec at 11.09 pm our little Leo was born. 51 cm and weight 3,3 kilos. His name is Leo Eric Lave Johansson (Eric and Lave from his great grandfathers and grandfater, Johansson from his father).
Everyone is well and the first "exhibition" with family on New Years Eve was the best one we ever had!

Now we have a great time ahead of us and we are looking forward to trying to interpret all funny faces and expressions from Leo.

Happy New Year from Pim-Pim, Johanna & Leo

...but for others it started last week already. Of course I mean (for example) Federer and Nadal who year after year more loudly complain about the long schedule that ATP offers. But why do you then enter a show tournament just before the season, when the last matches were in end of November (or beginning of Dec for DC-finals Nadal´s case)? 3-4 weeks without match training hasn't killed anyone from what I have heard!?

Maybe we will see Federer play a show tournament between Wimbledon and US-touring, before US Open when he has a "longer" break of 3-4 weeks again..
I was about to write about Federer and Nadal and show tournaments, but someone beat me to it at a Swedish magazine - but regarding Robin Söderlings schedule. So I will not go into this any further, but just say once again that it is easy cash however not always profitable in the long run. Hope everyone in top 10 realize that before the injuries arrive like a letter in the mail...

/Pim-Pim

Last edited by MediaRat : 01-12-2010 at 12:20 AM.
MediaRat is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-03-2010, 06:31 PM   #17
country flag Nidhogg

Nidhogg has a reputation beyond reputeNidhogg has a reputation beyond reputeNidhogg has a reputation beyond reputeNidhogg has a reputation beyond reputeNidhogg has a reputation beyond reputeNidhogg has a reputation beyond reputeNidhogg has a reputation beyond reputeNidhogg has a reputation beyond reputeNidhogg has a reputation beyond reputeNidhogg has a reputation beyond reputeNidhogg has a reputation beyond repute

Davydenko "should" have won the AO

Federer was the best player looking at all seven five-set matches, but Davydenko "should" have beaten him if he "only" could have kept his head cool. The Russian has finally found a way to beat Roger (he won their last two meetings), and it's just inexplicaple how anyone can lose the plot so abruptly during a game in the middle of the second set. Good thing for Federer that there are no "ifs" in tennis. There are many matches which Federer during his reign as world number one "should" have lost, but since he has gotten the players respect with his magical game the one player after the other folds against him in slams.

I don't get why the media is so focused over how some of the ladies are more rested than others as they clash in slams. In usual tournaments they always play best of three, and then they usually get no rest in between days. They also have a day of travel and many engagements which they have to focus on, which isn't the case during slams. Why shouldn't they be rested after a three-setter which lasts two hours when they get to rest for 48 hours in between rounds? I think the slams are much tougher for the men in the way it's much more physically demanding than the usual tournaments, while the ladies have it way easier during the two weeks.

I think that the women should experience how it is to go the full distance; not because they get equal prize money, but simply cause some of them barely play three hours during the first week...

As for myself, I have been ill for a good portion of the beginning of the year. It's probably due to less sleep and new "germs" in the home. I'm applying for WC's in all ATP tournaments and try to make sure I'm healthy and have enough practice behind me to go the distance.

I'm really looking forward to the DC gathering within a month. I have gotten pretty close with Thomas (and Magnus) and I believe in him more and more as a coach/leader. Hopefully Robin and the rest of the team will all be in one piece, cause we need all the players we can get...

Pim-Pim

31 jan 10
Nidhogg is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 03:53 AM   #18
country flag KingSodaPop

KingSodaPop has a reputation beyond reputeKingSodaPop has a reputation beyond reputeKingSodaPop has a reputation beyond reputeKingSodaPop has a reputation beyond reputeKingSodaPop has a reputation beyond reputeKingSodaPop has a reputation beyond reputeKingSodaPop has a reputation beyond reputeKingSodaPop has a reputation beyond reputeKingSodaPop has a reputation beyond reputeKingSodaPop has a reputation beyond reputeKingSodaPop has a reputation beyond repute

Great articles, Mediarat and Josef!

I love the honesty and insight in the Pim Pim blogs. Keep them coming.

He really is open and uncensored. I am hopeful he gets to play in the DC tie. He looked really good at Kuala Lumpur and the Stockholm Open. He is still only 27 years old. I like this passage:

"There has been a lot of discussions weather Stockholm Open (and also Hamburg) was the wrong way to go for Robin. There has also been rumours that Robin entered Stockholm Open to "save" the tournament. I don´t believe that either SO or Hamburg were the reasons for his injury and I think Robin played in Stockholm Open for himself, but that is another story.

Let´s take it from the beginning: Robin advances to Grand Slam-final in Paris, skips Halle to then reach 4th round in Wimbledon. Han wins in Båstad, with same ranking status and price money as in Stockholm, (some people has complained that he shouldn't have played SO due to low ranking points, but no one has said that about Båstad) and the next week he is injured at the big tournament in Hamburg. If it hadn't been for the feeling of winning Båstad, price money and starting fee.. he should have rested in order to play Hamburg where the big money is.

During hard court-season he got a sore arm which still is affecting him. After playing several weeks in a row, he did not perform as well as he wanted in the 1000p tournament in Asia and had to pull out of Stockholm Open in the semifinals.. and the week after that in Valencia.

As many are now discussing: what should Robin have entered and ignored if he wanted to reach top 8 in ATP finals.

My answer is: he should have rested after Wimbledon to focus on Hamburg and the US (maybe even skip Hamburg as Robin had problems with injuries the last two years). Then skip Malaysia (where neither points or home surface was a key factor) to then play tournaments in Asia, Stockholm, free time, Valencia and Paris. Then I think he would have been ready for Masters. Now we are hoping that he can take the final 8 spot in 2 weeks...

We need a swedish guy at the top!"

These were my thoughts as well.
Old 02-20-2010, 12:13 PM   #19
country flag Dini

Dini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for all the great work. I always like Pim's
insight.
Old 02-22-2010, 12:36 PM   #20
country flag Chris-swede

Chris-swede has a reputation beyond reputeChris-swede has a reputation beyond reputeChris-swede has a reputation beyond reputeChris-swede has a reputation beyond reputeChris-swede has a reputation beyond reputeChris-swede has a reputation beyond reputeChris-swede has a reputation beyond reputeChris-swede has a reputation beyond reputeChris-swede has a reputation beyond reputeChris-swede has a reputation beyond reputeChris-swede has a reputation beyond repute

when he will play again?

Joachim Johansson * Andreas Vinciguerra* Jonas Björkman* ToJo* Robin Söderling* Oliver Rochus* Christope Rochus* Jarkko Nieminen* Fernando Gonzalez* Feliciano Lopez*Igor Andreev*Catalin Gard*Kristof Vliegen*Kristian Pless*Kenneth Carlsen*Juan Ignacio Chela*Steve Darcis*Kevin Anderson*Henri Kontinen*Henri Laaksonen*Daniel Berta*Rik de Voest*Niels Desein*Fernando Verdasco*Arthur de Greef*'David Goffin*Yannik Reuter*Erling Tveit*Devin Britton*Micke Kontinen*Christian Lindell*Erling Tveit*Robbye Poole*Henri Laaksonen*
Chris-swede is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 06:22 PM   #21
country flag gam_jonte

gam_jonte has a reputation beyond reputegam_jonte has a reputation beyond reputegam_jonte has a reputation beyond reputegam_jonte has a reputation beyond reputegam_jonte has a reputation beyond reputegam_jonte has a reputation beyond reputegam_jonte has a reputation beyond reputegam_jonte has a reputation beyond reputegam_jonte has a reputation beyond reputegam_jonte has a reputation beyond reputegam_jonte has a reputation beyond repute

Most likely it'll be in DC in Singles. Atleast i think he should play instead of Vinci since he doesn't seem to be as cool under pressure as proven time and time again.
gam_jonte is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 11:52 AM   #22
country flag Jomp1

Jomp1 has a reputation beyond reputeJomp1 has a reputation beyond reputeJomp1 has a reputation beyond reputeJomp1 has a reputation beyond reputeJomp1 has a reputation beyond reputeJomp1 has a reputation beyond reputeJomp1 has a reputation beyond reputeJomp1 has a reputation beyond reputeJomp1 has a reputation beyond reputeJomp1 has a reputation beyond reputeJomp1 has a reputation beyond repute

Not much new coming out of his blog. It tells very little about when to see him on court again, and frankly I don't think he has the determination to come back to the tour. Everything seems really casual and he doesn't wanna play Challengers/Futures as it looks like, which is really the only way to go at this point. I hope I'm wrong but the years are passing by.
Jomp1 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 08:32 AM   #23
country flag Chris-swede

Chris-swede has a reputation beyond reputeChris-swede has a reputation beyond reputeChris-swede has a reputation beyond reputeChris-swede has a reputation beyond reputeChris-swede has a reputation beyond reputeChris-swede has a reputation beyond reputeChris-swede has a reputation beyond reputeChris-swede has a reputation beyond reputeChris-swede has a reputation beyond reputeChris-swede has a reputation beyond reputeChris-swede has a reputation beyond repute

he is not really trying..i also feel so....just here and there..thats not a pro anymore...

Joachim Johansson * Andreas Vinciguerra* Jonas Björkman* ToJo* Robin Söderling* Oliver Rochus* Christope Rochus* Jarkko Nieminen* Fernando Gonzalez* Feliciano Lopez*Igor Andreev*Catalin Gard*Kristof Vliegen*Kristian Pless*Kenneth Carlsen*Juan Ignacio Chela*Steve Darcis*Kevin Anderson*Henri Kontinen*Henri Laaksonen*Daniel Berta*Rik de Voest*Niels Desein*Fernando Verdasco*Arthur de Greef*'David Goffin*Yannik Reuter*Erling Tveit*Devin Britton*Micke Kontinen*Christian Lindell*Erling Tveit*Robbye Poole*Henri Laaksonen*
Chris-swede is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 11:32 PM   #24
country flag Vaskalainen
Banned!

Vaskalainen has a reputation beyond reputeVaskalainen has a reputation beyond reputeVaskalainen has a reputation beyond reputeVaskalainen has a reputation beyond reputeVaskalainen has a reputation beyond reputeVaskalainen has a reputation beyond reputeVaskalainen has a reputation beyond reputeVaskalainen has a reputation beyond reputeVaskalainen has a reputation beyond reputeVaskalainen has a reputation beyond reputeVaskalainen has a reputation beyond repute

cheers Pim PIm fans...

please look at my sig!
Vaskalainen is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote