The Asian Swing 2009 - Page 8 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 10-15-2009, 08:45 AM   #106
country flag MacArthur

MacArthur has a reputation beyond reputeMacArthur has a reputation beyond reputeMacArthur has a reputation beyond reputeMacArthur has a reputation beyond reputeMacArthur has a reputation beyond reputeMacArthur has a reputation beyond reputeMacArthur has a reputation beyond reputeMacArthur has a reputation beyond reputeMacArthur has a reputation beyond reputeMacArthur has a reputation beyond reputeMacArthur has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Asian Swing 2009

That was a sad, a sad, sad, sad Jo
MacArthur is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-15-2009, 08:48 AM   #107
country flag MacArthur

MacArthur has a reputation beyond reputeMacArthur has a reputation beyond reputeMacArthur has a reputation beyond reputeMacArthur has a reputation beyond reputeMacArthur has a reputation beyond reputeMacArthur has a reputation beyond reputeMacArthur has a reputation beyond reputeMacArthur has a reputation beyond reputeMacArthur has a reputation beyond reputeMacArthur has a reputation beyond reputeMacArthur has a reputation beyond repute

THAT'S what you call a sorry excuse of a match.

By the way, it was not an error of the linejudge, it was a massive fail of overrule from the umpire.
Old 10-15-2009, 08:56 AM   #108
country flag shadows

shadows has a reputation beyond reputeshadows has a reputation beyond reputeshadows has a reputation beyond reputeshadows has a reputation beyond reputeshadows has a reputation beyond reputeshadows has a reputation beyond reputeshadows has a reputation beyond reputeshadows has a reputation beyond reputeshadows has a reputation beyond reputeshadows has a reputation beyond reputeshadows has a reputation beyond repute

It was a much easier call for the linejudge with it coming straight down the line than it would have been for the umpire to overrule on the far side. That said, I'd have trusted a guy like Lahyani (screw Steiner) to make the right call ¬__¬

Jo's sort of melted D:
shadows is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 08:59 AM   #109
country flag greenhopper

greenhopper has a reputation beyond reputegreenhopper has a reputation beyond reputegreenhopper has a reputation beyond reputegreenhopper has a reputation beyond reputegreenhopper has a reputation beyond reputegreenhopper has a reputation beyond reputegreenhopper has a reputation beyond reputegreenhopper has a reputation beyond reputegreenhopper has a reputation beyond reputegreenhopper has a reputation beyond reputegreenhopper has a reputation beyond repute

He needs to get grip over himself. This attitude is terrible. If I had a shot for every time he ran around a backhand, I'd have no liver by now.

Seriously, Jo? Forehand from the extreme Ad side? And what's up with hitting backhand slices from the net? The backhand is not *that* terrible.
greenhopper is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 09:06 AM   #110
country flag MacArthur

He is exhausted, that's all there is to it. It's all his fault though with his schedule and all the double matches he is playing.

One week of rest now, skip Lyon or not, but there is still two very important tournaments to come with Valencia and Bercy. 1500 points to take is enough to go to the master.
Old 10-15-2009, 09:17 AM   #111
country flag SelvenluvJo
Jo,Dimi,Rica,Ryan

SelvenluvJo has a reputation beyond reputeSelvenluvJo has a reputation beyond reputeSelvenluvJo has a reputation beyond reputeSelvenluvJo has a reputation beyond reputeSelvenluvJo has a reputation beyond reputeSelvenluvJo has a reputation beyond reputeSelvenluvJo has a reputation beyond reputeSelvenluvJo has a reputation beyond reputeSelvenluvJo has a reputation beyond reputeSelvenluvJo has a reputation beyond reputeSelvenluvJo has a reputation beyond repute

say goodbye to London
Old 10-15-2009, 09:35 AM   #112
country flag Turquoise

Turquoise has a reputation beyond reputeTurquoise has a reputation beyond reputeTurquoise has a reputation beyond reputeTurquoise has a reputation beyond reputeTurquoise has a reputation beyond reputeTurquoise has a reputation beyond reputeTurquoise has a reputation beyond reputeTurquoise has a reputation beyond reputeTurquoise has a reputation beyond reputeTurquoise has a reputation beyond reputeTurquoise has a reputation beyond repute

Self-destruction from Jo. Yes, he was robbed of that line call and I agree completely that the umpire should have overruled - it was right under his nose. But, Jo has got to learn to move on. Everyone has suffered horrendous decisions from officials, but the players with stronger mental fortitude find a way to put it behind them and do their utmost to win. Instead, he was practically throwing his toys out of the pram after that call. I didn't mind the racquet-breaking - this produced positive energizing response from him, albeit short-lived - but I was disappointed with the negative attitude, bordering on petulance.

Those mis-firing forehands, insecurity about his backhand (which is not as bad as he thinks) were signs of fatigue - both mentally and physically. Maybe he would have gone to lose anyway given how well Soderling was playing but next time, I'd like him to take a look at the bigger picture (London qualification) and trust in himself and his amazing abilities instead of blaming external factors. And if he loses, having tried his best, then fair enough.

Anyway, I wish him good rest and recovery and look forward to seeing him re-energized once more.
Old 10-15-2009, 09:37 AM   #113
country flag greenhopper

greenhopper has a reputation beyond reputegreenhopper has a reputation beyond reputegreenhopper has a reputation beyond reputegreenhopper has a reputation beyond reputegreenhopper has a reputation beyond reputegreenhopper has a reputation beyond reputegreenhopper has a reputation beyond reputegreenhopper has a reputation beyond reputegreenhopper has a reputation beyond reputegreenhopper has a reputation beyond reputegreenhopper has a reputation beyond repute

Agreed about the scheduling fail. Doubles was an overkill.
But I also think he needs a plan B for days when his serve/forehand are not working. He's gotten a lot more patient lately, but has ways to go in slugging out a win even on his not so better days.

Stats from today's match.
Old 10-15-2009, 10:28 AM   #114
country flag Bashak

Bashak has a reputation beyond reputeBashak has a reputation beyond reputeBashak has a reputation beyond reputeBashak has a reputation beyond reputeBashak has a reputation beyond reputeBashak has a reputation beyond reputeBashak has a reputation beyond reputeBashak has a reputation beyond reputeBashak has a reputation beyond reputeBashak has a reputation beyond reputeBashak has a reputation beyond repute

only 13 winners??? I also see some poor serving. I am pretty bummed that he lost, I was hoping to find out he won in three sets I don't think top 8 is a realistic goal at this point. Other than Roddick, I see Davydenko and Soderling making it. Jo would pretty much have to win paris and go very deep in the other 500 in spain. Is he seriously going to play Lyon?

Suicide Tennis Winner: Doha 2010, Basel 2009 FITD Winner: Auckland 2012, Nice 2010, London WTF 2009, Tokyo 2009, Roland Garros 2009, Paris 2008, Basel 2008 TT Finalist: Nottingham 2009, Savannah 2009, Marrakech 2011. TT Doubles Winner: Sarasota 2011 (w/ coasterman9 TT Doubles Finalist: Bergamo 2011 (w/ leoneo), Fergana 2009 (w/ catatonia) DTT Doubles Winner: Miami 2011 (w/Abollo)
Bashak is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 11:35 AM   #115
country flag Turquoise

Turquoise has a reputation beyond reputeTurquoise has a reputation beyond reputeTurquoise has a reputation beyond reputeTurquoise has a reputation beyond reputeTurquoise has a reputation beyond reputeTurquoise has a reputation beyond reputeTurquoise has a reputation beyond reputeTurquoise has a reputation beyond reputeTurquoise has a reputation beyond reputeTurquoise has a reputation beyond reputeTurquoise has a reputation beyond repute

Well, everyone is showing signs of fatigue and in some cases, harbouring injuries towards the end of the season. If Jo forfeits Lyon and gives himself that extra rest, he's good enough and strong enough to blow away the field once again in Paris. There will be plenty of motivation there - the phenomenal crowd support and the chance, however small, for qualification to London. I haven't given up on him yet - just a little disappointed right now at his touch of immaturity in the Soderling match. When Jo is on, he's unstoppable and maybe, as his fan, I expect so much from him because he's simply that good and exciting to watch.
Old 10-15-2009, 03:42 PM   #116
country flag Bashak

Bashak has a reputation beyond reputeBashak has a reputation beyond reputeBashak has a reputation beyond reputeBashak has a reputation beyond reputeBashak has a reputation beyond reputeBashak has a reputation beyond reputeBashak has a reputation beyond reputeBashak has a reputation beyond reputeBashak has a reputation beyond reputeBashak has a reputation beyond reputeBashak has a reputation beyond repute

On a side note Jo and Julien won their doubles match, beat the czech/slovak pair 3-6 6-4 10-7. I have no idea how to pronounce their names: CERMAK, Frantisek (CZE)/MERTINAK, Michal (SVK). They are in the semifinals where they will face Bhupati/Knowles! Jo has gone further than the Bryans

Suicide Tennis Winner: Doha 2010, Basel 2009 FITD Winner: Auckland 2012, Nice 2010, London WTF 2009, Tokyo 2009, Roland Garros 2009, Paris 2008, Basel 2008 TT Finalist: Nottingham 2009, Savannah 2009, Marrakech 2011. TT Doubles Winner: Sarasota 2011 (w/ coasterman9 TT Doubles Finalist: Bergamo 2011 (w/ leoneo), Fergana 2009 (w/ catatonia) DTT Doubles Winner: Miami 2011 (w/Abollo)
Old 10-16-2009, 09:38 AM   #117
country flag greenhopper

Well, look who is in the doubles final!

The #3 seeds broke back and leveled the 1st set, saved a few more bps on the way to a TB, but Jo and Julien were too strong there getting a mini-break in the very first point.

They broke them again twice in the next set, 2nd time for the 7-6(2) 6-2 win.

They've beaten 3 established doubles teams so far and could face a tough 4th team who took out the Bryans in the final.

Last edited by greenhopper : 10-16-2009 at 09:47 AM.
Old 10-16-2009, 09:42 AM   #118
country flag Bashak

oh my god jo and julien in the final I think Julien is trying to secure his place in the davis cup team as the doubles alternate!

Old 10-18-2009, 07:22 AM   #119
country flag SelvenluvJo
Jo,Dimi,Rica,Ryan

SelvenluvJo has a reputation beyond reputeSelvenluvJo has a reputation beyond reputeSelvenluvJo has a reputation beyond reputeSelvenluvJo has a reputation beyond reputeSelvenluvJo has a reputation beyond reputeSelvenluvJo has a reputation beyond reputeSelvenluvJo has a reputation beyond reputeSelvenluvJo has a reputation beyond reputeSelvenluvJo has a reputation beyond reputeSelvenluvJo has a reputation beyond reputeSelvenluvJo has a reputation beyond repute

6-2 6-4 great job I luv u Jo,thanks julien
Old 10-18-2009, 07:38 AM   #120
country flag Bashak

They won! Masters series doubles title! I can't stop smiling. Go Jo & Julien!