Week 44: Charlottesville, Virginia, USA [Winner: Kevin Kim] - Page 13 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 11-06-2009, 05:16 PM   #181
country flag coasterman9

coasterman9 has a reputation beyond reputecoasterman9 has a reputation beyond reputecoasterman9 has a reputation beyond reputecoasterman9 has a reputation beyond reputecoasterman9 has a reputation beyond reputecoasterman9 has a reputation beyond reputecoasterman9 has a reputation beyond reputecoasterman9 has a reputation beyond reputecoasterman9 has a reputation beyond reputecoasterman9 has a reputation beyond reputecoasterman9 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Week 44: Charlottesville, Virginia, USA [Main Draw]

thanks for the updates!
coasterman9 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-06-2009, 05:18 PM   #182
country flag GustavoM_Fan

GustavoM_Fan has a reputation beyond reputeGustavoM_Fan has a reputation beyond reputeGustavoM_Fan has a reputation beyond reputeGustavoM_Fan has a reputation beyond reputeGustavoM_Fan has a reputation beyond reputeGustavoM_Fan has a reputation beyond reputeGustavoM_Fan has a reputation beyond reputeGustavoM_Fan has a reputation beyond reputeGustavoM_Fan has a reputation beyond reputeGustavoM_Fan has a reputation beyond reputeGustavoM_Fan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennissukz View Post
Some impressions from the tournament, it is at a very nice private club/hotel outside of the town.

Kim - Delgado : Delgado was very aggressive in first set, nailing winners, then misfiring too much in second and third. Kim had a very funny looking stance as he hit his backhand, kind of hunched over like a vulture.

Emmrich/Slijestrom - Battistone/Battistone : Siljestrom looks like Dirk Nowitski, very tall guy. Very stiff service motion, but he gets a ton of speed on it. Emmrich is a lefty with some big pop on his serve as well, better returns of the pair, but missed some easier volleys. The one Battistone's serve, where he jumps in the air, is fascinating to watch. First set ended with the Swede crushing a forehand return winner down the line. I don't think the two handled racquets really help a whole lot but are interesting. The Euro pair could have a decent future together as a doubles team, good teamwork.

Inglot/Rizza - Dimitrov/Prpic

Both Rizza and Prpic seem very short. Not sure if something was wrong with Dimitrov, but he was serving very slowly and not very effective, although he did hit some nice return winners. Prpic was terrible at the net. Inglot played the best of the four, good aggressive plays, nice volleying. Saw Peter Lundgren there talking to a bunch of people.

Middelkoop-Harrison - Only saw the first set of this. Middelkoop hit the ball hard but was missing everything badly. Harrison had a nice game, big serve and came in and was aggressive on some plays. Not sure what happened in the next two sets to turn it around.

Singh-Jenkins - Came back near the end of the second set. Jenkins had won the first set easily, Singh was up 5-2 but got broken when serving for the match, Jenkins came back to get it to a tiebreak but made some bad plays, Singh won the tiebreak easily, went on to win a tight third set. Jenkins very mad at himself, hit racquet against the wall a lot. A lot of fans cheering for Singh, a UVA player. He is a good fighter, has a game similar to Devvarman.

Anderson/Young - Paul/Parr. Paul/Parr are an interesting team - two lefties, played most of the receiving games in two back formation. Anderson and Young actually make a good combination - Anderson serving very well, Young showed some very nice touch and good volleying. Had to leave after this match, didnt get to see the last match, but a nice day at this tournament.
thanks for the report man

Quote:
Originally Posted by kostas kastoria View Post
HELlas ole ole
thanks felip for your help.i m priciate u friend
GustavoM_Fan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 05:21 PM   #183
country flag Carretero

Carretero has a reputation beyond reputeCarretero has a reputation beyond reputeCarretero has a reputation beyond reputeCarretero has a reputation beyond reputeCarretero has a reputation beyond reputeCarretero has a reputation beyond reputeCarretero has a reputation beyond reputeCarretero has a reputation beyond reputeCarretero has a reputation beyond reputeCarretero has a reputation beyond reputeCarretero has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mad1town View Post
Young won the first set 6-4
thanks for updates.

I hope Inglot and Singh "dream" can continue.
Carretero is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 05:24 PM   #184
country flag Smoke944

Smoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennissukz View Post
Some impressions from the tournament, it is at a very nice private club/hotel outside of the town.

Kim - Delgado : Delgado was very aggressive in first set, nailing winners, then misfiring too much in second and third. Kim had a very funny looking stance as he hit his backhand, kind of hunched over like a vulture.

Emmrich/Slijestrom - Battistone/Battistone : Siljestrom looks like Dirk Nowitski, very tall guy. Very stiff service motion, but he gets a ton of speed on it. Emmrich is a lefty with some big pop on his serve as well, better returns of the pair, but missed some easier volleys. The one Battistone's serve, where he jumps in the air, is fascinating to watch. First set ended with the Swede crushing a forehand return winner down the line. I don't think the two handled racquets really help a whole lot but are interesting. The Euro pair could have a decent future together as a doubles team, good teamwork.

Inglot/Rizza - Dimitrov/Prpic

Both Rizza and Prpic seem very short. Not sure if something was wrong with Dimitrov, but he was serving very slowly and not very effective, although he did hit some nice return winners. Prpic was terrible at the net. Inglot played the best of the four, good aggressive plays, nice volleying. Saw Peter Lundgren there talking to a bunch of people.

Middelkoop-Harrison - Only saw the first set of this. Middelkoop hit the ball hard but was missing everything badly. Harrison had a nice game, big serve and came in and was aggressive on some plays. Not sure what happened in the next two sets to turn it around.

Singh-Jenkins - Came back near the end of the second set. Jenkins had won the first set easily, Singh was up 5-2 but got broken when serving for the match, Jenkins came back to get it to a tiebreak but made some bad plays, Singh won the tiebreak easily, went on to win a tight third set. Jenkins very mad at himself, hit racquet against the wall a lot. A lot of fans cheering for Singh, a UVA player. He is a good fighter, has a game similar to Devvarman.

Anderson/Young - Paul/Parr. Paul/Parr are an interesting team - two lefties, played most of the receiving games in two back formation. Anderson and Young actually make a good combination - Anderson serving very well, Young showed some very nice touch and good volleying. Had to leave after this match, didnt get to see the last match, but a nice day at this tournament.
Thanks
Ryan I'll chalk it up to experience.
Smoke944 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 05:25 PM   #185
mad1town

mad1town has a reputation beyond reputemad1town has a reputation beyond reputemad1town has a reputation beyond reputemad1town has a reputation beyond reputemad1town has a reputation beyond reputemad1town has a reputation beyond reputemad1town has a reputation beyond reputemad1town has a reputation beyond reputemad1town has a reputation beyond reputemad1town has a reputation beyond reputemad1town has a reputation beyond repute

Young 6-4, 3-0
mad1town is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 05:25 PM   #186
mad1town

mad1town has a reputation beyond reputemad1town has a reputation beyond reputemad1town has a reputation beyond reputemad1town has a reputation beyond reputemad1town has a reputation beyond reputemad1town has a reputation beyond reputemad1town has a reputation beyond reputemad1town has a reputation beyond reputemad1town has a reputation beyond reputemad1town has a reputation beyond reputemad1town has a reputation beyond repute

Anyone watching the Live Webcast? Comments?
Old 11-06-2009, 05:26 PM   #187
country flag JMG

JMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond repute

The Don
JMG is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 05:27 PM   #188
country flag nole_no1

nole_no1 has a reputation beyond reputenole_no1 has a reputation beyond reputenole_no1 has a reputation beyond reputenole_no1 has a reputation beyond reputenole_no1 has a reputation beyond reputenole_no1 has a reputation beyond reputenole_no1 has a reputation beyond reputenole_no1 has a reputation beyond reputenole_no1 has a reputation beyond reputenole_no1 has a reputation beyond reputenole_no1 has a reputation beyond repute

where do you get the updates from?
nole_no1 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 05:28 PM   #189
mad1town

Inglot called the trainer and is receiving treatment on his right shoulder.
Old 11-06-2009, 05:28 PM   #190
country flag GustavoM_Fan

GustavoM_Fan has a reputation beyond reputeGustavoM_Fan has a reputation beyond reputeGustavoM_Fan has a reputation beyond reputeGustavoM_Fan has a reputation beyond reputeGustavoM_Fan has a reputation beyond reputeGustavoM_Fan has a reputation beyond reputeGustavoM_Fan has a reputation beyond reputeGustavoM_Fan has a reputation beyond reputeGustavoM_Fan has a reputation beyond reputeGustavoM_Fan has a reputation beyond reputeGustavoM_Fan has a reputation beyond repute

the livestream is working?

I am lazy to register and stuff like that

Quote:
Originally Posted by kostas kastoria View Post
HELlas ole ole
thanks felip for your help.i m priciate u friend
GustavoM_Fan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 05:29 PM   #191
mad1town

I'm watching it Live on Front Row Tennis (www.frontrowtennis.com) . It is PPV but you can register and get a 5 minute free view to check it out.

http://live.blazestreaming.com/Virgi...-Championship/
Old 11-06-2009, 05:30 PM   #192
mad1town

The livestream is amazingly good quality
Old 11-06-2009, 05:36 PM   #193
country flag alex03maccy

alex03maccy has a reputation beyond reputealex03maccy has a reputation beyond reputealex03maccy has a reputation beyond reputealex03maccy has a reputation beyond reputealex03maccy has a reputation beyond reputealex03maccy has a reputation beyond reputealex03maccy has a reputation beyond reputealex03maccy has a reputation beyond reputealex03maccy has a reputation beyond reputealex03maccy has a reputation beyond reputealex03maccy has a reputation beyond repute

is dom carrying on?
alex03maccy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 05:37 PM   #194
mad1town

Young 6-4, 4-1
Old 11-06-2009, 05:46 PM   #195
mad1town

Young leading 6-4, 5-2