Autumn 2009 - Indoor/Outdoor - Page 2 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 10-04-2009, 04:55 PM   #16
country flag Ome

Ome has a reputation beyond reputeOme has a reputation beyond reputeOme has a reputation beyond reputeOme has a reputation beyond reputeOme has a reputation beyond reputeOme has a reputation beyond reputeOme has a reputation beyond reputeOme has a reputation beyond reputeOme has a reputation beyond reputeOme has a reputation beyond reputeOme has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Autumn 2009 - Indoor/Outdoor

Quote:
Originally Posted by novanora View Post
We saw Paulo training today He trained with Almagro. Paulo looks happy and relaxed. I did talk with him a lot, and I can only say Paulo and his team are too nice. The draw is tough, but we will try the best to cheer for him on the court, hope he can play some good matches AGAIN here.
I sooooo wanted to join you guys!! *jealous* Paulo seems to enjoy China
(Are Joey and Angel there with you? )

He can be even nicer by coming to Thailand Can you tell him that one particular fan of his is dying to see him in person?

And thank you for the photos!

PS. He should do well here. You guys are the lucky charm
Advertisement

Old 10-05-2009, 12:24 AM   #17
country flag novanora

novanora has a reputation beyond reputenovanora has a reputation beyond reputenovanora has a reputation beyond reputenovanora has a reputation beyond reputenovanora has a reputation beyond reputenovanora has a reputation beyond reputenovanora has a reputation beyond reputenovanora has a reputation beyond reputenovanora has a reputation beyond reputenovanora has a reputation beyond reputenovanora has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ome View Post
I sooooo wanted to join you guys!! *jealous* Paulo seems to enjoy China
(Are Joey and Angel there with you? )

He can be even nicer by coming to Thailand Can you tell him that one particular fan of his is dying to see him in person?

And thank you for the photos!

PS. He should do well here. You guys are the lucky charm
Angela is in London now, she can't be with me, but Joey does. We mentioned you again It's such a pity that you cannot be with us. You can't imagine how nice Paulo is. I've been to a bunch of tourneys and saw a lot of players, and there do have many ones of them who treat the fans well, but trust me, no one behaves like Paulo. He gives people the feeling that his kindness and nice is not prentended, but indeed sincere which touched me a lot.

I do believe that he wants to go Thailand , but Bangkok is too close to Metz, so the time is difficult to arrange

Paulo doesn't have the match today, it will be tomorrow. But i still will go to the courts today, to watch some other matches and his training session if possible.
novanora is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 09:08 PM   #18
country flag tufani
Welcome back Paulo

tufani has a reputation beyond reputetufani has a reputation beyond reputetufani has a reputation beyond reputetufani has a reputation beyond reputetufani has a reputation beyond reputetufani has a reputation beyond reputetufani has a reputation beyond reputetufani has a reputation beyond reputetufani has a reputation beyond reputetufani has a reputation beyond reputetufani has a reputation beyond repute

Paulo lost his match, and the doubles too (1-6, 1-6)... Bad day at the office

Quote:
Paulo doesn't have the match today, it will be tomorrow. But i still will go to the courts today, to watch some other matches and his training session if possible.
Thanks a lot for all your reports and pictures! Did you manage to watch Paulo's match?

Allez Les Bleus
tufani is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 01:46 AM   #19
country flag novanora

novanora has a reputation beyond reputenovanora has a reputation beyond reputenovanora has a reputation beyond reputenovanora has a reputation beyond reputenovanora has a reputation beyond reputenovanora has a reputation beyond reputenovanora has a reputation beyond reputenovanora has a reputation beyond reputenovanora has a reputation beyond reputenovanora has a reputation beyond reputenovanora has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tufani View Post
Thanks a lot for all your reports and pictures! Did you manage to watch Paulo's match?

Yep, of course, how can i miss his matches

It's such a pity that he lost in the 1st round. He showed good status in the training session I have to say, so I really expected that he could take that match. But the truth is Ljubicic made full preparation and took the right strategy against him. It seems Paulo always has the problem of coping with the slices, so Ljubicic sliced a lot and changed the match rythm frequently which caused Paulo made a lot of errors. He was influenced at the early break in the beginning of the match, and used a lot of time to adapt the rythm. Ljubicic also kept the good and stable serving which made his serving games very difficult to break. Paulo did have chance to take the 1st set when he broke back and drag it into TB, and he was angry at himself when he lost that TB. It's a good fighting that he won the 2nd set back, but when he was broken first in the 3rd set, and Ljubo still kept powerful serving, the match became very difficult for him then. We all cheered for him a lot and a little bit sad when he lost, but that is life.

He was very unlucky to have some wrong linecalls, and some of them are quite fatal.

I also watched his doubles match with Mica. Well....the match is.......horrible He was quite down at the beginning of the match, still influenced by the single lost. I heard Mica told him: "Allez Paulo, motivé!" They talked a lot in the match, and then seems he felt better and smiled again. But, Mica even played worse then him . And you all know that these two didn't keep any of their serving games, and the only two games they won were breaking the Kubot/Marach Paulo played some nice lobs and drops at the end of the match, and the people applauded a lot, then he laughed with Mica. So even they lost such a bad match, I think Paulo felt much better after that. Mica and he still sign a lot of autographs for the people. Hope he can cheer himself up The masters 1000 still waits for him ahead.

I've been back to Shanghai yet, very tired these days, but happy except the match result I will upload my pictures for Paulo to flickr including the training session and the matches and share them with you when I finish that.
Old 10-09-2009, 11:51 AM   #20
country flag TheEnd

TheEnd has a reputation beyond reputeTheEnd has a reputation beyond reputeTheEnd has a reputation beyond reputeTheEnd has a reputation beyond reputeTheEnd has a reputation beyond reputeTheEnd has a reputation beyond reputeTheEnd has a reputation beyond reputeTheEnd has a reputation beyond reputeTheEnd has a reputation beyond reputeTheEnd has a reputation beyond reputeTheEnd has a reputation beyond repute

hi guys
i'm back and i miss paulo sooooo much

i will post pics later on
TheEnd is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009, 01:28 PM   #21
country flag tufani
Welcome back Paulo

tufani has a reputation beyond reputetufani has a reputation beyond reputetufani has a reputation beyond reputetufani has a reputation beyond reputetufani has a reputation beyond reputetufani has a reputation beyond reputetufani has a reputation beyond reputetufani has a reputation beyond reputetufani has a reputation beyond reputetufani has a reputation beyond reputetufani has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks again! Was something wrong with his abdominal muscle? Do you know something about it?

Hey Joey Thanks for posting your pictures, they're great!

Shanghai draw:

(1) NADAL, Rafael ESP - BYE
BLAKE, James USA - KARLOVIC, Ivo CRO
QUALIFIER - PETZSCHNER, Philipp GER
QUALIFIER - (14) ROBREDO, Tommy ESP

(11) MONFILS, Gael FRA - MATHIEU, Paul Henri FRA
HEWITT, Lleyton AUS - ISNER, John USA
BENNNETEAU, Julien FRA - LJUBICIC, Iván CRO
BYE - (7) VERDASCO, Fernando ESP

(3) DEL POTRO, Juan Martín ARG - BYE
CHARDY, Jeremy FRA - MELZER, Jurgen AUT
LOPEZ, Feliciano ESP - GARCIA LOPEZ, Guillermo ESP
GASQUET, Richard FRA - (16) FERRER, David ESP

(9) SODERLING, Robin SWE - HANESCU, Victor ROM
KOHLSCHREIBER, Philipp GER - ALMAGRO, Nicolás ESP
(WC) ZENG, Shao Xuan CHN - SELA, Dudi ISR
BYE - (5) TSONGA, Jo Wilfried FRA

Hope Paulo can repeat Marseille result from earlier this season.

Allez Les Bleus
Old 10-12-2009, 11:55 PM   #22
country flag novanora

Quote:
Thanks again! Was something wrong with his abdominal muscle? Do you know something about it?
You must saw the sticking-plaster on his abdominal muscle in the pics as below? Nope, I didn't know. I was a little worried when I saw it in the Beijing training session but I didn't ask. And he already took it away when he was in Shanghai.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC04230-1.JPG (203.9 KB, 12 views)
Old 10-17-2009, 11:43 AM   #23
country flag tufani
Welcome back Paulo

Quote:
You must saw the sticking-plaster on his abdominal muscle in the pics as below? Nope, I didn't know. I was a little worried when I saw it in the Beijing training session but I didn't ask. And he already took it away when he was in Shanghai.
Yes, this plaster is what made me worried... Well, if it wasn't there is Shanghai then it must be nothing serious, I hope.
Paulo lost to Gael 2-6, 2-6, now he is out of Kremlin Cup and I have no idea why. Anyone?

Allez Les Bleus
Old 10-17-2009, 03:15 PM   #24
country flag novanora

Quote:
Yes, this plaster is what made me worried... Well, if it wasn't there is Shanghai then it must be nothing serious, I hope.
Paulo lost to Gael 2-6, 2-6, now he is out of Kremlin Cup and I have no idea why. Anyone?
He did take that plaster away when he was in Shanghai, but he showed low status in the training session and seemed a little bit depressed. So it's not surprised that he lost to Gael. But i cannot say that he was injured or had some other healthy problem. His movement in the match looks ok, but if there is any muscle problem in the body, you will not see it just from your eyes. Hope there is nothing serious for him, I just saw today that he pulled out of Moscow
Old 10-18-2009, 04:44 PM   #25
country flag grosjeanlol

grosjeanlol has a reputation beyond reputegrosjeanlol has a reputation beyond reputegrosjeanlol has a reputation beyond reputegrosjeanlol has a reputation beyond reputegrosjeanlol has a reputation beyond reputegrosjeanlol has a reputation beyond reputegrosjeanlol has a reputation beyond reputegrosjeanlol has a reputation beyond reputegrosjeanlol has a reputation beyond reputegrosjeanlol has a reputation beyond reputegrosjeanlol has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,
Paulo doesn't play in Moscow because he's too tired and has some physical troubles... Not badly but he needs to have some rest now...
He may come back next week.. So don't worry
grosjeanlol is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 06:00 PM   #26
country flag Truc

Truc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the updates, he definitely didn't look fit last week.
Truc is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 04:21 PM   #27
country flag novanora

Quote:
Originally Posted by grosjeanlol View Post
Hi,
Paulo doesn't play in Moscow because he's too tired and has some physical troubles... Not badly but he needs to have some rest now...
He may come back next week.. So don't worry
Many thanks for the news! That explains his low status in the training session in Shanghai. He definitely looked very tired and needs the rest. Hope the physical troubles won't cause some problem.
Old 10-20-2009, 03:15 PM   #28
country flag PinkFeatherBoa

PinkFeatherBoa has a reputation beyond reputePinkFeatherBoa has a reputation beyond reputePinkFeatherBoa has a reputation beyond reputePinkFeatherBoa has a reputation beyond reputePinkFeatherBoa has a reputation beyond reputePinkFeatherBoa has a reputation beyond reputePinkFeatherBoa has a reputation beyond reputePinkFeatherBoa has a reputation beyond reputePinkFeatherBoa has a reputation beyond reputePinkFeatherBoa has a reputation beyond reputePinkFeatherBoa has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the update on Paulo, hope he's fully fit and ready to play soon.

Maybe the sky will fall?
Allez Gasquet~Mathieu~Wawrinka~Mannarino~+++
PinkFeatherBoa is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009, 05:16 PM   #29
country flag Ome

Ome has a reputation beyond reputeOme has a reputation beyond reputeOme has a reputation beyond reputeOme has a reputation beyond reputeOme has a reputation beyond reputeOme has a reputation beyond reputeOme has a reputation beyond reputeOme has a reputation beyond reputeOme has a reputation beyond reputeOme has a reputation beyond reputeOme has a reputation beyond repute

He saves the best for Paris, I'm sure
Ome is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009, 06:36 PM   #30
country flag PinkFeatherBoa

PinkFeatherBoa has a reputation beyond reputePinkFeatherBoa has a reputation beyond reputePinkFeatherBoa has a reputation beyond reputePinkFeatherBoa has a reputation beyond reputePinkFeatherBoa has a reputation beyond reputePinkFeatherBoa has a reputation beyond reputePinkFeatherBoa has a reputation beyond reputePinkFeatherBoa has a reputation beyond reputePinkFeatherBoa has a reputation beyond reputePinkFeatherBoa has a reputation beyond reputePinkFeatherBoa has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ome View Post
He saves the best for Paris, I'm sure
Of course, since it's known that I'm his lucky charm and I will be there.

Maybe the sky will fall?
Allez Gasquet~Mathieu~Wawrinka~Mannarino~+++
PinkFeatherBoa is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote