How To End A Relationship? - Page 5 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 09-26-2009, 01:24 AM   #61
country flag Clay Death
Banned!

Clay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How To End A Relationship?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlennMirnyi View Post
Of course, you've never had one - except with your hand and your Nadull posters.

that is not very bright old sport. i was trying to be serious and offer my own input that has worked for me. it is possible that it may work for someone else as well.

dont you think its time you start coming across as a reasonable, thoughtful poster who values some credibility.

otherwise why bother posting if you get my meaning.

there are no clay monster posters in my house. only cycling posters and mostly of the events that i have competed in over the last few years.

have one awesome framed pic of the courts--just the courts--at monte carlo.

did think about getting a muster and lance armstrong posters once but changed my mind. i know enough about them already and i have never been into posters.

finally, as i have suggested, dont be a sad clown that is always sounding miserable and like a broken record. project some real intelligence and thoughtfulness and people are likely to take you a little more seriously.

or just be a miserable clown. fundamentally its all up to you old sport.

Last edited by Clay Death : 09-26-2009 at 03:07 AM.
Clay Death is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-27-2009, 02:06 PM   #62
country flag Bascule

Bascule has a reputation beyond reputeBascule has a reputation beyond reputeBascule has a reputation beyond reputeBascule has a reputation beyond reputeBascule has a reputation beyond reputeBascule has a reputation beyond reputeBascule has a reputation beyond reputeBascule has a reputation beyond reputeBascule has a reputation beyond reputeBascule has a reputation beyond reputeBascule has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clay Death View Post
i think somebody probably already mentioned this but honesty really is the best policy. be truthful and state your case expertly and articulately and be done with it.

truth will hurt a lot less than lies that linger on and on. truth should allow both parties to move on. time is the most expensive commodity on earth and once its gone, you cant have it back. make the best possible use of your time and go find somebody that will work out better for you.

examples are endless but i was seeing a very very hot married woman. she kept my photo in her purse and she never failed to tell me how much she loved me. i was just madly in lust and had to have her at every opportunity. i did know that it had to end eventually so i tried to enjoy every moment with her.

well that day came--after 9 months--and she came to my place on the beach on one wednesday afternoon. i knew from the look on her face that she was about to end it and she did.

she said exactly what i thought she was going to say. she said it was too much for her and that her mind could not handle it anymore. in other words, she was telling me that she was overwhelmed by guilt. i never said a word. no kiss and no hug and no nothing. i walked up the door and opened it. she left quietly without saying anything else. i was very sad the rest of the day and night. in fact, i never went to sleep that night and just kept thinking about her. it was one rough night for me.

she told me what i thought was the truth and i accepted it without hesitation. i moved on and found another hot blond that looked a little like her in just a few days. sharon--the married one--started calling me left and right before long and told me that she missed me. i told her that i had moved on and found somebody else.

so just dont turn back. speak the truth or accept what may be the truth if they are telling you that they dont want to be with you anymore and then just move on. dont fight them and dont look back. just make tracks and move on. life is way too short.

historically speaking, i am usually the one that ends relationships but this was one of the very few times that somebody else ended it. we all have should have a decent idea of where we stand in a relationship that has lasted 6-9 months or better so its best to be grounded in reality. i cannot say that i have ever encountered any problems. i told them i didnt want to be with them anymore and that my mind was made up. and that usually ends it.
WOW, CD! You can write the novels. I like your style.
I just wonder how steady and trustful you can really be in a relationship? Have you had anything really serious? Not just a "hot blond" and sex for a drive. I mean: you wanted that married woman so...and been sad just for a night? No jealousy before that day? On the other side I'm perfectly sure you are a gentleman even when you're breaking up with a woman.

Though Glenn is a clown, I agree with him that men usually don't take the first step in breaking up with somebody. They would rather cheat her, than leave her, cowards as they usually are. Or, at least, they won't leave if they don't find another steady chair they can seat on. Statistics about divorces say the same: 75% of divorces are started by women. And we all know that a woman makes her life a harder one after that because she is usually the one who's taking care about kids...not to talk about economic difficulties after the divorce.
Bascule is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 03:37 PM   #63
country flag Har-Tru
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Har-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bascule View Post
Though Glenn is a clown, I agree with him that men usually don't take the first step in breaking up with somebody. They would rather cheat her, than leave her, cowards as they usually are. Or, at least, they won't leave if they don't find another steady chair they can seat on. Statistics about divorces say the same: 75% of divorces are started by women. And we all know that a woman makes her life a harder one after that because she is usually the one who's taking care about kids...not to talk about economic difficulties after the divorce.
This is quite true...

Tennis has no blood passport system, and does basically no out of competition testing.

The methods and drugs used by Armstrong in 1999 would work in tennis right now, with zero chance of being caught (not slightly surprising to anyone familiar with the topic, btw).
Har-Tru is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 06:15 PM   #64
country flag GlennMirnyi
Banned!

GlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond repute

Look who's calling me a clown. Someone who can't put an image in his signature.

Gotta laugh at all this talk about women being victims. Men never take the initiative in breakups because we're demonized doesn't matter if we break up honestly or not. It's always our fault.
GlennMirnyi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 06:34 PM   #65
country flag Bascule

Bascule has a reputation beyond reputeBascule has a reputation beyond reputeBascule has a reputation beyond reputeBascule has a reputation beyond reputeBascule has a reputation beyond reputeBascule has a reputation beyond reputeBascule has a reputation beyond reputeBascule has a reputation beyond reputeBascule has a reputation beyond reputeBascule has a reputation beyond reputeBascule has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Gotta laugh at all this talk about women being victims. Men never take the initiative in breakups because we're demonized doesn't matter if we break up honestly or not. It's always our fault.
Stupid and immature.
Old 09-27-2009, 06:35 PM   #66
country flag GlennMirnyi
Banned!

GlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Stupid and immature.
Immature is thinking men are always cheating when they break up.
GlennMirnyi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 07:01 PM   #67
country flag habibko

habibko has a reputation beyond reputehabibko has a reputation beyond reputehabibko has a reputation beyond reputehabibko has a reputation beyond reputehabibko has a reputation beyond reputehabibko has a reputation beyond reputehabibko has a reputation beyond reputehabibko has a reputation beyond reputehabibko has a reputation beyond reputehabibko has a reputation beyond reputehabibko has a reputation beyond repute

some great posts in this thread.

I happen to know more about the problem and I'm not sure how much is appropriate for public discussion, but I told you my point of view before Jase
habibko is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 07:25 PM   #68
country flag Bascule

Quote:
Immature is thinking men are always cheating when they break up.
I don't say all guys are doing it. Personally me wasn't cheated, but I am much older than you and know a lot of stories. When I came in my 30's just happened to see them with the quite different eyes and it was very disappointing. Still, I don't claim they are all the same, but they are very similar in an annoying way.
Old 09-27-2009, 08:25 PM   #69
country flag Clydey
Cutedey

Clydey has a reputation beyond reputeClydey has a reputation beyond reputeClydey has a reputation beyond reputeClydey has a reputation beyond reputeClydey has a reputation beyond reputeClydey has a reputation beyond reputeClydey has a reputation beyond reputeClydey has a reputation beyond reputeClydey has a reputation beyond reputeClydey has a reputation beyond reputeClydey has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

I agree with the bolded part wholeheartedly.
Old 09-27-2009, 08:41 PM   #70
country flag habibko

habibko has a reputation beyond reputehabibko has a reputation beyond reputehabibko has a reputation beyond reputehabibko has a reputation beyond reputehabibko has a reputation beyond reputehabibko has a reputation beyond reputehabibko has a reputation beyond reputehabibko has a reputation beyond reputehabibko has a reputation beyond reputehabibko has a reputation beyond reputehabibko has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clydey View Post
I agree with the bolded part wholeheartedly.
as a whole, we are always demonized by women, breaking up or not, only when they fall in love with us they make us the exception >_>
habibko is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 09:17 PM   #71
country flag Bascule

You are about 23-26, so, the best time to talk like jerks.
Old 09-27-2009, 10:20 PM   #72
country flag Clay Death
Banned!

Clay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
WOW, CD! You can write the novels. I like your style.
I just wonder how steady and trustful you can really be in a relationship? Have you had anything really serious? Not just a "hot blond" and sex for a drive. I mean: you wanted that married woman so...and been sad just for a night? No jealousy before that day? On the other side I'm perfectly sure you are a gentleman even when you're breaking up with a woman.

thanks for the compliments bascule. its just my style. i prefer honesty and that is discussed very early on in any relationship no matter what. i think the selection process has to be relatively rigid from get go. i am very careful as to who i run around with. from the very outset, she has to be relatively highly educated. pick up a broke, high school flunky waitress from a fast food restraurant and you are picking up nothing but trouble.

that married blond--sharon--was working on her MBA and had a 4.0 GPA. she was also working at a bank where she would later become a vice president.

if you deal with an educated person, the probability is quite high that you are dealing with a stable personality who can be reasoned with. they are also more than likely to come from a stable family where their parents or others in their family were educated as well. so they are likely to be reared well and reared more or less properly.

finally, in any relationship, you have to be willing to let go of that relationsip. that takes serious practice but it can be achieved. hold on to something too damn tight and you are sure to be shattered for a long period once you lose it.

that stat on divorces is astonishing. i had no idea.

more later.

Last edited by Clay Death : 09-27-2009 at 10:29 PM.
Old 09-27-2009, 11:40 PM   #73
country flag Clydey
Cutedey

Clydey has a reputation beyond reputeClydey has a reputation beyond reputeClydey has a reputation beyond reputeClydey has a reputation beyond reputeClydey has a reputation beyond reputeClydey has a reputation beyond reputeClydey has a reputation beyond reputeClydey has a reputation beyond reputeClydey has a reputation beyond reputeClydey has a reputation beyond reputeClydey has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
You are about 23-26, so, the best time to talk like jerks.
The part I highlighted in his post is absolutely true.

Are you male or female, out of curiosity?
Old 09-28-2009, 12:02 AM   #74
country flag Bascule

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clydey View Post
The part I highlighted in his post is absolutely true.

Are you male or female, out of curiosity?
Not only a "gentle" voice, but a very gentle brain too.
Old 09-28-2009, 12:14 AM   #75
country flag Clay Death
Banned!

Quote:
Not only a "gentle" voice, but a very gentle brain too.

affirmative on that.

kind, thoughtful, reasonable, and ultra intelligent. that is our Bascule. our fellow castle warrior.