How To End A Relationship? - Page 4 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 09-25-2009, 01:10 AM   #46
country flag Kitty de Sade
Retired Party Hostess

Kitty de Sade has a reputation beyond reputeKitty de Sade has a reputation beyond reputeKitty de Sade has a reputation beyond reputeKitty de Sade has a reputation beyond reputeKitty de Sade has a reputation beyond reputeKitty de Sade has a reputation beyond reputeKitty de Sade has a reputation beyond reputeKitty de Sade has a reputation beyond reputeKitty de Sade has a reputation beyond reputeKitty de Sade has a reputation beyond reputeKitty de Sade has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How To End A Relationship?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clydey View Post
Now, I certainly disagree on that point. That's a generalisation that I don't believe to be even remotely true. If anything, I think men are better at detecting lies. I know I am. Then again, one could argue that we're both a bit biased here.
Hmm...I was thinking along the lines of being able to tell when she is being lied to, not necessarily deciphering a lie, in general. Either way, your ability, for sure, cannot be used as a standard for this argument anyway- the average joe isn't as quick off the mark as you are.
Kitty de Sade is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-25-2009, 01:31 AM   #47
country flag Clydey
Cutedey

Clydey has a reputation beyond reputeClydey has a reputation beyond reputeClydey has a reputation beyond reputeClydey has a reputation beyond reputeClydey has a reputation beyond reputeClydey has a reputation beyond reputeClydey has a reputation beyond reputeClydey has a reputation beyond reputeClydey has a reputation beyond reputeClydey has a reputation beyond reputeClydey has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitty de Sade View Post
Hmm...I was thinking along the lines of being able to tell when she is being lied to, not necessarily deciphering a lie, in general. Either way, your ability, for sure, cannot be used as a standard for this argument anyway- the average joe isn't as quick off the mark as you are.
Can't tell if that was intended as sarcasm.

It's likely down to the individual, as opposed to being gender-related. Some people have a knack for spotting lies. Currently reading one of Paul Ekman's books, so this is an area of interest for me.
Old 09-25-2009, 01:53 AM   #48
country flag Kitty de Sade
Retired Party Hostess

Kitty de Sade has a reputation beyond reputeKitty de Sade has a reputation beyond reputeKitty de Sade has a reputation beyond reputeKitty de Sade has a reputation beyond reputeKitty de Sade has a reputation beyond reputeKitty de Sade has a reputation beyond reputeKitty de Sade has a reputation beyond reputeKitty de Sade has a reputation beyond reputeKitty de Sade has a reputation beyond reputeKitty de Sade has a reputation beyond reputeKitty de Sade has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clydey View Post
Can't tell if that was intended as sarcasm.
Every once in a blue moon, I actually laugh out loud when I'm here. You see, smarty pantaloons, you can't tell either way, can you?

For the record, that was not sarcasm. I don't get a buzz out of yanking someone's Weird Al over the net. I'm a straight shot and I meant what I said- you know you're up to your eyeballs in smarts. I just figured you might be tired of people telling you as much all day long.

Quote:
It's likely down to the individual, as opposed to being gender-related. Some people have a knack for spotting lies. Currently reading one of Paul Ekman's books, so this is an area of interest for me.
Fair enough- that works. Which PE book is it, if I may ask?

Random- Nearly 9pm here means I have to put the boots on and go earn the $$$$ that allows me to goldbrick during daylight hours. Nitey.
Kitty de Sade is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 02:01 AM   #49
country flag Ilovetheblues_86

Ilovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond repute

Who works after 9 pm?

MAY THE SPIRIT OF KOSTAS PROTECT US
Ilovetheblues_86 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 02:05 AM   #50
country flag Clydey
Cutedey

Clydey has a reputation beyond reputeClydey has a reputation beyond reputeClydey has a reputation beyond reputeClydey has a reputation beyond reputeClydey has a reputation beyond reputeClydey has a reputation beyond reputeClydey has a reputation beyond reputeClydey has a reputation beyond reputeClydey has a reputation beyond reputeClydey has a reputation beyond reputeClydey has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitty de Sade View Post
Every once in a blue moon, I actually laugh out loud when I'm here. You see, smarty pantaloons, you can't tell either way, can you?
That's why you should break up over the 'net if you plan on lying. Not even Paul Ekman can spot a microexpression on a forum.

Quote:
Fair enough- that works. Which PE book is it, if I may ask?
I have a couple. The one I'm reading at the moment is "Unmasking the Face". I also have "Emotions Revealed". Went on a shopping spree recently and bought a bunch of psychology/sociology books. I'm hoping that I'll get some ideas for my upcoming dissertation.

Quote:
Random- Nearly 9pm here means I have to put the boots on and go earn the $$$$ that allows me to goldbrick during daylight hours. Nitey.
Have a good one.
Old 09-25-2009, 05:48 AM   #51
country flag ryan23

ryan23 has a reputation beyond reputeryan23 has a reputation beyond reputeryan23 has a reputation beyond reputeryan23 has a reputation beyond reputeryan23 has a reputation beyond reputeryan23 has a reputation beyond reputeryan23 has a reputation beyond reputeryan23 has a reputation beyond reputeryan23 has a reputation beyond reputeryan23 has a reputation beyond reputeryan23 has a reputation beyond repute

Theres no easy way to do it so you may aswell just tell her she is to fat then run buddy! and i mean RUN! only kidding!

Big Star/Alex Chilton R.I.P

The Stone Roses

Guns N' Roses
ryan23 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 06:33 AM   #52
country flag JolánGagó

JolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond repute

The question hasn't been properly asked. There are obviously other, "collateral" issues that would be broken to her at the same time if you tell her the truth. In other words, the truth isn't just "oh honey, Im seeing someone else and feel I love her more than you, we've got to break". No, there is more to it. So first make your mind on whether you're willing to break all those news to her at once and act accordingly. My approach: honesty, she'll find out anyway.

Last night, darling, I lost my underwear
Sak Noel
JolánGagó is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 08:25 AM   #53
country flag Jōris

Jōris has a reputation beyond reputeJōris has a reputation beyond reputeJōris has a reputation beyond reputeJōris has a reputation beyond reputeJōris has a reputation beyond reputeJōris has a reputation beyond reputeJōris has a reputation beyond reputeJōris has a reputation beyond reputeJōris has a reputation beyond reputeJōris has a reputation beyond reputeJōris has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy_Vercetti View Post
It always depends. If she's annoying you and you don't want to be around her, then you should have already dumped her straight up. However, if you still like and want to be with her sometimes, then keep the relationship to a minimum of when you want to see her and see all the other women you want. Eventually she will break up with you because you aren't seeing her enough or she'll find out you're cheating and break up with you. Since you don't want her anymore, it doesn't matter. That's how I do it. You just have to be smart about it. Don't tell everyone what you're doing. You usually get months and months of booty calls past when a stone cold break up was.
Old 09-25-2009, 11:55 PM   #54
country flag GlennMirnyi
Banned!

GlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond repute

The golden rule is - the man never takes the initiative to break up a relationship. We let things cool off until the girl takes the initiative.
GlennMirnyi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2009, 12:02 AM   #55
country flag Ferrero Forever

Ferrero Forever has a reputation beyond reputeFerrero Forever has a reputation beyond reputeFerrero Forever has a reputation beyond reputeFerrero Forever has a reputation beyond reputeFerrero Forever has a reputation beyond reputeFerrero Forever has a reputation beyond reputeFerrero Forever has a reputation beyond reputeFerrero Forever has a reputation beyond reputeFerrero Forever has a reputation beyond reputeFerrero Forever has a reputation beyond reputeFerrero Forever has a reputation beyond repute

One thing, make sure you don't break up with her over the internet. Had that happen to me, and had to really struggle not to go to his house and kill the guy. Anything other than that is fine. Good luck with it, just try to let her down gently.

Juan Monaco, Tommy Robredo, Fernando Gonzalez, Juan Martin Del Potro, David Ferrer, Guillermo Garcia Lopez, Juan Ignatio Chela, Fernando Verdasco, Carlos Moya, Rafael Nadal, Roger Federer, Lucas Arnold Ker, Nicolas Lapentti
Ferrero Forever is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2009, 12:18 AM   #56
country flag GlennMirnyi
Banned!

GlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond repute

Who'd break up with someone over the internet?
Old 09-26-2009, 12:42 AM   #57
country flag Clay Death
Banned!

Clay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond repute

i think somebody probably already mentioned this but honesty really is the best policy. be truthful and state your case expertly and articulately and be done with it.

truth will hurt a lot less than lies that linger on and on. truth should allow both parties to move on. time is the most expensive commodity on earth and once its gone, you cant have it back. make the best possible use of your time and go find somebody that will work out better for you.

examples are endless but i was seeing a very very hot married woman. she kept my photo in her purse and she never failed to tell me how much she loved me. i was just madly in lust and had to have her at every opportunity. i did know that it had to end eventually so i tried to enjoy every moment with her.

well that day came--after 9 months--and she came to my place on the beach on one wednesday afternoon. i knew from the look on her face that she was about to end it and she did.

she said exactly what i thought she was going to say. she said it was too much for her and that her mind could not handle it anymore. in other words, she was telling me that she was overwhelmed by guilt. i never said a word. no kiss and no hug and no nothing. i walked up the door and opened it. she left quietly without saying anything else. i was very sad the rest of the day and night. in fact, i never went to sleep that night and just kept thinking about her. it was one rough night for me.

she told me what i thought was the truth and i accepted it without hesitation. i moved on and found another hot blond that looked a little like her in just a few days. sharon--the married one--started calling me left and right before long and told me that she missed me. i told her that i had moved on and found somebody else.

so just dont turn back. speak the truth or accept what may be the truth if they are telling you that they dont want to be with you anymore and then just move on. dont fight them and dont look back. just make tracks and move on. life is way too short.

historically speaking, i am usually the one that ends relationships but this was one of the very few times that somebody else ended it. we all have should have a decent idea of where we stand in a relationship that has lasted 6-9 months or better so its best to be grounded in reality. i cannot say that i have ever encountered any problems. i told them i didnt want to be with them anymore and that my mind was made up. and that usually ends it.
Clay Death is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2009, 12:47 AM   #58
country flag GlennMirnyi
Banned!

only a complete idiot would try to articulate a case to angry women.

You can see from miles and miles that some people don't know much about women here.
Old 09-26-2009, 01:05 AM   #59
country flag Clay Death
Banned!

Clay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlennMirnyi View Post
only a complete idiot would try to articulate a case to angry women.

You can see from miles and miles that some people don't know much about women here.
you would be surprised how much people appreciate honesty if it stated well and with exactly the best of intentions.

once again, i have never had any problems ending relationships.
Clay Death is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2009, 01:10 AM   #60
country flag GlennMirnyi
Banned!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clay Death View Post
you would be surprised how much people appreciate honesty if it stated well and with exactly the best of intentions.

once again, i have never had any problems ending relationships.
Of course, you've never had one - except with your hand and your Nadull posters.