How To End A Relationship? - Page 3 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 09-24-2009, 10:03 PM   #31
country flag Clydey
Cutedey

Clydey has a reputation beyond reputeClydey has a reputation beyond reputeClydey has a reputation beyond reputeClydey has a reputation beyond reputeClydey has a reputation beyond reputeClydey has a reputation beyond reputeClydey has a reputation beyond reputeClydey has a reputation beyond reputeClydey has a reputation beyond reputeClydey has a reputation beyond reputeClydey has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How To End A Relationship?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arend View Post
They probably have mutual friends who will talk, especially when it stirs some drama. Ex-girlfriends are crazy, someone will snitch on him, drama ensured.
If that's really the case, he might as well be honest. However, I don't think he would be asking for advice if he could avoid being honest.
Advertisement

Old 09-24-2009, 10:06 PM   #32
country flag Jōris

Jōris has a reputation beyond reputeJōris has a reputation beyond reputeJōris has a reputation beyond reputeJōris has a reputation beyond reputeJōris has a reputation beyond reputeJōris has a reputation beyond reputeJōris has a reputation beyond reputeJōris has a reputation beyond reputeJōris has a reputation beyond reputeJōris has a reputation beyond reputeJōris has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clydey View Post
Most people don't take rejection as well as you do. I don't see how honesty benefits anyone. I think it's safer to spare someone's ego/feelings, unless you have no other option.
Man what a pussy. Worst Scottish Highlander ever.
Old 09-24-2009, 10:07 PM   #33
country flag Clydey
Cutedey

Clydey has a reputation beyond reputeClydey has a reputation beyond reputeClydey has a reputation beyond reputeClydey has a reputation beyond reputeClydey has a reputation beyond reputeClydey has a reputation beyond reputeClydey has a reputation beyond reputeClydey has a reputation beyond reputeClydey has a reputation beyond reputeClydey has a reputation beyond reputeClydey has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Man what a pussy. Worst Scottish Highlander ever.
I'm not sure what got into me.

Jase, you should decapitate her with a broadsword. That's the best solution.
Old 09-24-2009, 10:07 PM   #34
country flag Jōris

Jōris has a reputation beyond reputeJōris has a reputation beyond reputeJōris has a reputation beyond reputeJōris has a reputation beyond reputeJōris has a reputation beyond reputeJōris has a reputation beyond reputeJōris has a reputation beyond reputeJōris has a reputation beyond reputeJōris has a reputation beyond reputeJōris has a reputation beyond reputeJōris has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
If that's really the case, he might as well be honest. However, I don't think he would be asking for advice if he could avoid being honest.
He's bragging about his sex life really, just like that Mexican Nadal fanboy, forgot his name.
Old 09-24-2009, 10:10 PM   #35
country flag Certinfy

Certinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
He's bragging about his sex life really, just like that Mexican Nadal fanboy, forgot his name.
Nah, i don't brag about things, especially not my sex life

Clydey thanks for your help, much appreciated dude
Originally Posted by Saberq View Post
if he loses this I will support Murray
Certinfy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 10:47 PM   #36
country flag Ilovetheblues_86

Ilovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Getta View Post
I can handle ego bruising quite easily. That's why I always follow the safe, easy path of brutal honesty without feeling under direct attack.

Plus, I could never tell a lie convincingly, or hide the truth.
Let´s marry then, you are perfect.

Ask for the master, Google:

http://www.google.com.br/#hl=pt-BR&s...cfa3a74c225f79

MAY THE SPIRIT OF KOSTAS PROTECT US
Ilovetheblues_86 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 10:53 PM   #37
country flag FiBeR

FiBeR has a reputation beyond reputeFiBeR has a reputation beyond reputeFiBeR has a reputation beyond reputeFiBeR has a reputation beyond reputeFiBeR has a reputation beyond reputeFiBeR has a reputation beyond reputeFiBeR has a reputation beyond reputeFiBeR has a reputation beyond reputeFiBeR has a reputation beyond reputeFiBeR has a reputation beyond reputeFiBeR has a reputation beyond repute

fade out..

if she is smart enough she ll get the message you ve lost interest in her

if you do it right, you might leave a door open to the future.

but dont lie to her.. just call her less, dont encourage her to anything..in that way she ll understand you re not that into it and back off as well

Sorewa ore no Nindou da

6-4 3-6 6-7 7-6 70-68

FiBeR is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 11:01 PM   #38
country flag Kitty de Sade
Retired Party Hostess

Kitty de Sade has a reputation beyond reputeKitty de Sade has a reputation beyond reputeKitty de Sade has a reputation beyond reputeKitty de Sade has a reputation beyond reputeKitty de Sade has a reputation beyond reputeKitty de Sade has a reputation beyond reputeKitty de Sade has a reputation beyond reputeKitty de Sade has a reputation beyond reputeKitty de Sade has a reputation beyond reputeKitty de Sade has a reputation beyond reputeKitty de Sade has a reputation beyond repute

Do it quickly, like ripping off a bandage. It stings at first, but you recover quickly.

Quote:
I don't understand why anybody thinks that being honest is the best way to go. Who exactly does that benefit?
You're being dumped to begin with. Add being lied to into the mix, and any woman I know would feel like a first-class reject. I'd rather have him man up and say it directly.

Besides, when you give a woman a little room for hope because you weren't honest in the first place, you'll end up with tenfold the drama. That doesn't do a lick of good...unless they get off on drama?
Kitty de Sade is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 11:52 PM   #39
country flag Tommy_Vercetti

Tommy_Vercetti has a reputation beyond reputeTommy_Vercetti has a reputation beyond reputeTommy_Vercetti has a reputation beyond reputeTommy_Vercetti has a reputation beyond reputeTommy_Vercetti has a reputation beyond reputeTommy_Vercetti has a reputation beyond reputeTommy_Vercetti has a reputation beyond reputeTommy_Vercetti has a reputation beyond reputeTommy_Vercetti has a reputation beyond reputeTommy_Vercetti has a reputation beyond reputeTommy_Vercetti has a reputation beyond repute

It always depends. If she's annoying you and you don't want to be around her, then you should have already dumped her straight up. However, if you still like and want to be with her sometimes, then keep the relationship to a minimum of when you want to see her and see all the other women you want. Eventually she will break up with you because you aren't seeing her enough or she'll find out you're cheating and break up with you. Since you don't want her anymore, it doesn't matter. That's how I do it. You just have to be smart about it. Don't tell everyone what you're doing. You usually get months and months of booty calls past when a stone cold break up was.

Last edited by Tommy_Vercetti : 09-25-2009 at 01:12 AM.
Tommy_Vercetti is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 12:15 AM   #40
country flag Sunset of Age
Anathemaniac

Sunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond repute

Jase, in all honesty - be true to the girl(s) involved and to yourself.

If you don't feel happy with being with your current GF, you should end the relationship. It might be a mistake, but then again, no-one is able to tell the future. In all, just be honest to the ladies involved and most of all, yourself.

Am I still here? As one, with The Fear?
Am I still alive? I'm still f*cking ... Here...!"

"The Storm Before The Calm"

Anathema

Into music of the PROG-Dorky-kind? visit my blog or MTF's Prog Rock Thread.
Sunset of Age is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 12:24 AM   #41
country flag Clydey
Cutedey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitty de Sade View Post
You're being dumped to begin with. Add being lied to into the mix, and any woman I know would feel like a first-class reject. I'd rather have him man up and say it directly.

Besides, when you give a woman a little room for hope because you weren't honest in the first place, you'll end up with tenfold the drama. That doesn't do a lick of good...unless they get off on drama?
The point is that they are not supposed to know they are being lied to. In my opinion, it's better to spare their feelings/ego. No one wants to feel inferior.

People seem to think honesty is the best policy, which is just nonsense and impractical. We lie to spare peoples' feelings constantly. Can you imagine being honest every second of every day? Anyone who even attempts to be that would be viewed as a sociopath.
Old 09-25-2009, 12:37 AM   #42
country flag Kitty de Sade
Retired Party Hostess

Kitty de Sade has a reputation beyond reputeKitty de Sade has a reputation beyond reputeKitty de Sade has a reputation beyond reputeKitty de Sade has a reputation beyond reputeKitty de Sade has a reputation beyond reputeKitty de Sade has a reputation beyond reputeKitty de Sade has a reputation beyond reputeKitty de Sade has a reputation beyond reputeKitty de Sade has a reputation beyond reputeKitty de Sade has a reputation beyond reputeKitty de Sade has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
The point is that they are not supposed to know they are being lied to. In my opinion, it's better to spare their feelings/ego. No one wants to feel inferior.
Yeah, that first part, and this is not meant to be a dig- no guy is that clever. Most women possess built in lie detectors that are almost surgically precise. A calculated attempt to spare a person's feelings will translate as patronizing and saccharine.

Quote:
People seem to think honesty is the best policy, which is just nonsense and impractical. We lie to spare peoples' feelings constantly. Can you imagine being honest every second of every day? Anyone who even attempts to be that would be viewed as a sociopath.
I agree if nothing is at stake- that's just part of reasonable social conduct. You don't have to be "honest" if someone asks you an inocuous question like- "Do you like my hair?" or "Does my butt look elephant-sized in these pants?"

If you have been in an intimate relationship with someone though, and they're about to hand you a pink slip, aren't you afforded the courtesy of an honest explanation? I would hope so.
Kitty de Sade is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 12:38 AM   #43
country flag Getta

Getta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond repute

if it bleeds it leads, the saying holds true.
Getta is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 12:55 AM   #44
country flag Clydey
Cutedey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitty de Sade View Post
Yeah, that first part, and this is not meant to be a dig- no guy is that clever. Most women possess built in lie detectors that are almost surgically precise. A calculated attempt to spare a person's feelings will translate as patronizing and saccharine.
Now, I certainly disagree on that point. That's a generalisation that I don't believe to be even remotely true. If anything, I think men are better at detecting lies. I know I am. Then again, one could argue that we're both a bit biased here.

Quote:
I agree if nothing is at stake- that's just part of reasonable social conduct. You don't have to be "honest" if someone asks you an inocuous question like- "Do you like my hair?" or "Does my butt look elephant-sized in these pants?"

If you have been in an intimate relationship with someone though, and they're about to hand you a pink slip, aren't you afforded the courtesy of an honest explanation? I would hope so.
You're probably right. I'm perhaps being a bit hypocritical here. When I'm in a relationship, I always tell the woman just to be honest with me. I tell her that no matter what she does, even if she fucks around on me, I'll talk to her about it so long as she's honest. However, if I catch her in a lie, I won't be nearly so forgiving. I always want that kind of honesty, so I should offer the same in return.

With that in mind, I take back my earlier advice.
Old 09-25-2009, 12:58 AM   #45
country flag shotgun

shotgun has a reputation beyond reputeshotgun has a reputation beyond reputeshotgun has a reputation beyond reputeshotgun has a reputation beyond reputeshotgun has a reputation beyond reputeshotgun has a reputation beyond reputeshotgun has a reputation beyond reputeshotgun has a reputation beyond reputeshotgun has a reputation beyond reputeshotgun has a reputation beyond reputeshotgun has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathaliia View Post
You have to do this the oldest method on Earth. Make *her* dump you. Spit in her food and pretend you just made a joke of your life, start watching hardcore group anal videos and say this is what you want to do with her, get overly jealous (demand from her updates on what she's doing every half an hour and scream your ass off when she picks the phone 2 seconds too late), come drunk on the dinner with her parents etc. Ah and maybe start to gamble.
Not a bad advice at all. No hard feelings, and besides this method will always leave the door open for (temporary) make up sex.

Obviously if you can't stand the girl anymore and the situation is unbearable, dump her imediately.
shotgun is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote